Start by marking “T is for Transformation” as Want to Read:
T is for Transformation

T is for Transformation

As a fitness icon and motivational mastermind, Shaun T has helped millions of people transform their bodies and their lives through his Hip Hop Abs, INSANITY, and CIZE workouts. But people who think of Shaun T as just a workout force are missing something. He has always focused on building inner strength first, then moving to the exterior. And that inner focus started in h ...more
Published November 7th 2017 by Rodale Books

To ask other readers questions about T is for Transformation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about T is for Transformation

Start your review of T is for Transformation
Rachael Beckemeyer
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Most of the time when I see a personal development book I tend to run away screaming. I have never liked nor enjoyed them. The same thing can be said for workout instructors. I tend to have a lot of mean things to say during workouts. However, and this is a big however. Shaun T has become the one workout motivator that I genuinely love. He is hard on you during workouts and doesn’t let you settle for how you were yesterday. That is exactly what this book portrays. Throughout the entire book he g ...more
Bonnie
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I normally don't read self-help books, but I love Shaun T so I had to give it a try. Shaun T is so raw and real. I love this book, and feel so inspired to spice up my life. I might even go crazy and start INSANITY after I finish my 80 day workout program! Shaun T is making my brain go bananas!
Marnie  (Enchanted Bibliophile)
Trust and Believe
insanity

I've been a Shaun T fan ever since I pushed play on my very first Insanity workout. It was the first ever training program I did from start to finish with results that blew my mind! Shaun T taught me to dig seriously deep! And this is his 7 step plan to teach us how to transform ourselves in every part of our lives. I'll definitely be referring back to most of his guides and truth bombs.
Wesley
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Rating: 4 Burpees

An excellent autobiography of the one and only Shaun T.
He tells the story of his life and how he got to where he is today.
An inspirational journey with some pretty rough times, but he survived and ultimately rose above.
He offers insights and advise to be better every day.
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
While I couldn't always follow his messages, Shaun T's energy and positivity jumped off the pages and made me feel inspired to go out and be a better version of myself, just like in his workouts. He is just an amazing role model, and even more so after finding out all that he has overcome to get where he is today.
JoBeth Davis
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was the first “self-help” book that I’ve ever read.

I wasn’t sure what to expect going in. But I know I wanted to make 2018 a year of expanding my horizons and bettering myself. So I started with a book by someone I KNOW could help me do that - Shaun T.

He pushed me last year - the healthiest year of my life. And let me tell you - every time I finished a workout from T25, I felt like a BOSS. Who knew I could do that?

So when I pulled this book off the shelf, I hoped it would do the same.

I
Ryan
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Anyone who has ever been to a workout with Shaun T knows that this man is a force to be reckoned with! I’ve had the honor of doing workouts with Shaun live at the annual Beachbody Summit. This is where we coaches meetup, learn, discover, and workout with the trainers. I have always picked Shaun, why because this man transformed my life even though we have never officially met. He did pay my shoulder once as he was running around the room as we sweated our a$$e$ off!

I used to weigh 240ish pounds
Alicia Hendrickson
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a great book!! He is inspirational and motivational!! This put me in a good place to get my life in check. Can’t wait to start making some changes so I can transform my life too!!!
Donna Hines
"I made a plan, executed it, and rescued myself."
"Stay a victim, and you grant power to the person who victimized you"
No truer words spoken than by Shaun T who challenges us all to dig deeper.
The mind is the most powerful tool in the shed . When your exhausted in when the magic begins.
Being selfish is not a vanity thing, it's a needed thing, when discussing your overall health and fitness. Challenge the mind and the body will follow.

First fitness book ever read and I'm honored I was provided thi
Zach
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you’ve ever done a Shaun T workout (Insanity, T-25, Insanity: The Asylum, Insanity: Max 30, Cize...) I think you’ll really enjoy this book. Well, if you didn’t care for those workouts, then maybe not ;)

Shaun expertly weaves his personal story, struggles, successes, through a book that helps to inspire all with his characteristic motivational tone and humor. I’m not a “self-help” sucker, or ever particularly felt a deep need for it. But Shaun T isn’t really that anyway- he’s a guy who I consi
Stacey James
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this one in one day!

It’s not a book about exercise, even though that’s what Beachbody Coach, Shaun T, is known most for (Insanity, Cize, Hip Hop Abs). Rather, it’s a self-help book and memoir, tied together in a neat, well-organized package.

No doubt Shaun T wrote it - no fluff here! Tells you like it is! Encourages you to let go of the past, embrace the present, and remain flexible in the future! Exercise your mind and leave your comfort zone! No road in life is smooth, not even this see
Jeanna Catlin
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing!! One of my favorite books I have read to date. I was lucky enough to meet this man in person, and he gives THE best hugs!! This book tell us about Shaun's personal life growing up, but it also tells us about what it means to truly push yourself and succeed in life. He's amazing! There is a good reason I have completed 10 of his workouts (some multiple times)!! I ❤️ Shaun T!! Read this book!!!!
Ally Marie
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Shaun T blends his experiences with his motivational speaking messages in his debut book. I wrote many quotes in my journal to help me stay focused with my wellness goals.
Tamara Evans
Apr 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I’ve enjoyed working out with fitness trainer Shaun T since I first saw him in a Hip Hop Abs informerical. When I saw this book at my local library, I knew I had to read it. I’m so glad I picked this book up because of the insight Shaun provides as well as the amount of honesty he shares with the reader. This book is part biography and part motivational manual.

Within each chapter, Shaun shares how his life experiences has helped shaped the person he is today. Although he suffered from sexual a
Colette Murphy
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love Shaun T. I don't know if people would enjoy this book if they didn't already love Shaun T, but I do and I did. It tells about his own personal journey (including an appendix rupturing story similar to my own!) as well as offers no-nonsense advice for taking charge of your own life and personal transformation.
Teresita
Aug 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Okay. 3 stars not because it is a bad book. I LOVE Shaun T. I do. However, I can handle Shaun T motivation for 30-40 minutes in a workout video, but this was hard to read cuz he writes the way he talks so it was almost like a non-stop Shaun T video which got to me at times and i couldn't just sit and read it for hours on end. Great information in here and he is always a great motivator.
Lisa  Keegan
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now I love him even more <3 ...more
Val
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love Shaun T. Love his workouts, love him! I would recommend this book to EVERYONE!!
Christine Fitzgerald
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I listened to the this book because I do love how Shaun T motivates me to strive to be better. I'm not sure that if I read it in print that I would have finished it. Shaun T does a great job motivating and keeping you in a positive vibe but he is not a writer.
Lauren
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Shaun T provides a great background of his life thus far and the challenges he has faced. In this book he provides techniques, commandments, and exercises to not only help you improve your health/fitness but also any other problems you may be facing. A lot of self help/wellness books provide a lot of ideas you’ve probably already thought of yourself but throughout THIS book I found myself impressed with some of the perspective Shaun T provided. I loved this book so much I also ...more
Jacquelyn Merryfield
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I got this on a whim, and loved it. So motivating.
Cristina
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: autoayuda, biography
Maybe I am rating this book higher than it deserves, putting into practice all the kindness that Shaun T is claiming in it! Or maybe it is because I really like him, since I did my first Insanity program more than 5 years ago and I simply felt curious about his book...
Anyway, the book isn't a masterpiece in self-help topics, to me it is more an autobiographical story accompanied by some interesting (altough magazine style) quizzes to help you boost what he called "Superpowers", which eventually
Becky
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I️ received a copy through Goodreads Firstreads program and am very pleased. I️ enjoy Shaun Ts workouts and thought it might be a light self help book simply saying push though and you’ll succeed. There was real meat to this book, exercises to really look who to keep close, how to make the most of those relationships and how to transform yourself into who you want to become. He has overcome serious challenges and shares them in inspiring passages.
saradevil
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you are a fan of Shaun T, you can't really go wrong here.

If you have suffered from abuse as a child and are wondering if it's possible to come out the other side not just surviving but thriving, give this a read.

If you are chasing a number that you think equals happiness, this might be very useful.

It's not really a self help book, nor is it an exercise guide. Half autobiography, half self check, half inspiration, a truly lovely read.
Kelley
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
I love Shaun T's workouts, and he's an outstanding motivational speaker, but his writing leaves something to be desired. It was encouraging to hear his positivity despite the difficulties life has dealt him, and his sheer grit is inspiring. Didn't enjoy the self evaluation quizzes - felt a lot like I was reading one of the magazines I used to devour as a teenager. 5 stars for Shaun T the trainer; 2 stars for the book.
Marina (marinainw0nderland)
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"And another one, and another and another one bites the dust " - Queen

I love Shaun T. I can remember the first time I saw an insanity infomercial and I knew that I needed to be doing this program. And that's what I did all throughout high school and was in the best shape of my life.

So, when I heard that this man came out with a book I was on the quick train to pick it up at the bookstore. His writing mirrored a lot of the things that he says to you during a workout. "Trust and Believe" and "Dig
Kunal
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was an incredible book by Shaun T, the founder of Insanity. I got this as a birthday gift and had no idea who Shaun T. was before I started reading this book. He has had an incredible life journey from seeing his dad leave his mother and family, to being sexually molested by his step father, to struggling to come out when he realized he was gay, to ultimately leaving his dancing career to pursue a fitness career. The book just shows you how when you are determined and resilient, you can tru ...more
Claire
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
You wouldn't look at me and think this is a book I might normally pick up and read to inspire myself to reach my goals. Or you might think "oh, some therapist made Claire read this." Нет нет нет, the fitness professional Shaun T.'s autobiography actually does fall within the scope of what I have analysed for my history classes ad infinitum. I remember passing at least three of those history classes. (Errr, maybe two, in retrospect. I found Music History a total killer! I had to beg my advisor to ...more
Eoghan
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I stumbled across Insanity working as a camp counselor in the States a couple of years back. It completely transformed my attitude to working out, and reinvigorating my passion for fitness and health. To this day, I still love to throw on the DVD in my back garden and end up face-down in the grass, close to death, an hour later.

Unfortunately, this book wasn't the same level of amazing for me. The first thing I'll say is that I think it is more suitable for somebody at the beginning of a fitness
Andrew Fast
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this read. Wasn't exactly what I was expecting.

In the beginning it feels like Shaun was hustling to get to the meat of his subject and didn't want to sell this as an "autobiography" by indicating it is more of a self help book. I was a little disappointed at this announcement.

Thankfully he relaxes and starts to open up. I had no idea all that he dealt with... so I immediately feel bad for wishing he'd open up 20 pages sooner and wondering if this was going to be a worthwhile read
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Girl, Stop Apologizing: A Shame-Free Plan for Embracing and Achieving Your Goals
  • Get Over Your Damn Self: The No-BS Blueprint to Building A Life-Changing Business
  • Unfu*k Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and Into Your Life
  • Practicing Mindfulness: An Introduction to Meditation
  • Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies about Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be
  • Your Inner Critic Is a Big Jerk: And Other Truths About Being Creative
  • The Big Picture: 11 Laws That Will Change Your Life
  • The 5 Second Rule: Transform Your Life, Work, and Confidence with Everyday Courage
  • Build to Last
  • Mastering Your Mean Girl: The No-BS Guide to Silencing Your Inner Critic and Becoming Wildly Wealthy, Fabulously Healthy, and Bursting with Love
  • High Performance Habits: How Extraordinary People Become That Way
  • You Are a Badass Every Day: How to Keep Your Motivation Strong, Your Vibe High, and Your Quest for Transformation Unstoppable
  • Fiber Fueled: The Plant-Based Gut Health Program for Losing Weight, Restoring Your Health, and Optimizing Your Microbiome
  • 5
  • 131 Method: Your Personalized Nutrition Solution to Boost Metabolism, Restore Gut Health, and Lose Weight
  • The Made Diet: Intermittent Fasting Based
  • Get Out of Your Own Way: A Skeptic's Guide to Growth and Fulfillment
  • Cesar Millan's Guide to Audiobooks for Dogs

News & Interviews

Summer reading season is in full swing, which means many of the year's biggest and best releases are coming out of the gates. And although your Ju...
“Truthbomb: Crossing the starting line, where nobody cheering for you, and nobody believes in you, is always a bigger deal than crossing the finish line where everybody cheers you on.” 1 likes