Start by marking “The Hawkweed Legacy (Hawkweed Prophecy #1)” as Want to Read:
The Hawkweed Legacy (Hawkweed Prophecy #1)

The Hawkweed Legacy (Hawkweed Prophecy #2)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  25 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Poppy is discovering a purpose for her powers in Africa, but she is haunted by a vision of her own death. Taken in by a boy and his great-grandmother, a healer, they vow to keep her safe-even if that ultimately means holding her captive. But Poppy never stops longing for Leo and, when she feels his magic begin to spark, she will do anything to be reunited with him.

Desperat
Published August 15th 2017 by Weinstein Books (first published June 1st 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Hawkweed Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hawkweed Legacy

Aneta Bak
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, arc
The Hawkweed Legacy was breathtaking and addicting. The book was so beautiful and captivating I could not put it down.

When I read the first book in this series, I liked it but it wasn't a book I would remember a year later. It was good, but it wasn't unique and memorable. This book was so much better. The characters and story becomes a lot more relatable and it truly becomes a unique story that I will definitely remember for a long time.

This book starts off exactly where the last one ended. Popp
Judith
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would like to thank netgalley and the publisher for allowing me to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
I would not hesitate to recommend the Hawkwood Prophecy books to anyone who loves fantasy with passion woven throughout. This sequel was totally compelling and rather beautifully composed. The way so many characters draw the readers' compassion is remarkable because at times you are torn as to where your sympathies should lie. Poppy, Charlock, Betony, Leo, Ember and Sorrel all str
Patty
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing

The Hawkweed Legacy
By
Irena Brignull

What it's all about...

The Hawkweed Legacy is the continuation of the Hawkweed Prophecy which I just finished prior to reading this book. I loved the first book and was just as excited to read this one. This book continues Poppy's story and Ember's story and Leo's story. But it delves deeper into the early lives of the key Witches in their lives...Raven and Sorrel and Betony and Charlick. The author directs this story from past to present and beyond in a scary c
Jessikah Stenson
The second book in The Hawkweed Prophecy series, The Hawkweed Legacy, is here! Witches, clans, sisterhood and magic - this series is so wonderfully women-centric that I love it.

In the first book, The Hawkweed Prophecy, the witches are looking for their new queen. If you haven't read this book yet, you might want to pick it up now and come back to this review because it's impossible to talk about book 2 without giving some secrets from book 1 away. Bookmark me...

In this story, it's time for Popp
Michelle Coulter
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Finally the sequel to The Hawkweed Prophecy! My 12 year old daughter and I both enjoyed the first book immensely and have been waiting impatiently for the next book in the series. We definitely weren't disappointed. Beautifully written, once again we were immersed in a vivid story of friendship, love - and of course witchcraft - catching up with the cast of compelling characters. I was blinking back tears at the very end - I heartily recommend it! But read The Hawkweed Prophecy first!!
Danya
This review and others can be found on my blog, Fine Print.

THE HAWKWEED LEGACY picks up right where its predecessor left off, with both Ember and Poppy aware of their respective lineages and reunited with their biological families. But not all those reunions are equally happy, and much of the story is spent exploring what it means to be coven, clan, or family. Poppy, Ember, and Leo alike all have to reconcile what their gifts – or lack thereof – mean for them and those they choose to call their
Emma
It's been a long time since I enjoyed a fantasy series on witches, covens, clans and magic with spell books, potions and cauldrons. The Hawkweed Legacy, the sequel to The Hawkweed Prophecy (find my review here) was a startling surprise in the best way possible, it made me love this series and Irena's writing even more.

The Hawkweed Legacy follows on from Poppy's story, as a child magically switched at birth she find herself finally in the arms of her birth mother and surroundings of where she is
Judith Moore
May 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Full review up on my blog: http://bit.ly/2qrQDiD

This was a fun, quick, witchy read. Though there were elements that felt a little hastily thrown together (there is no explanation as to how magic works, it just does) but on the whole the story is quite enjoyable and I would say I had a good time reading it. I mean there were no mythical creatures of any kind so how can I be 100% happy but then again a girl can’t always get everything she wants.

My Rating: 3/5 (nothing to write home about but I wou
Jul 29, 2017
Elpitha Lemos
Jul 11, 2017
Corinne
rated it did not like it
Jun 25, 2017
added it
Apr 19, 2017
Pearl
Apr 24, 2017

Hawkweed Prophecy (2 books)
  • The Hawkweed Prophecy (Hawkweed Prophecy #1)