Start by marking “The Hawkweed Legacy (Hawkweed Prophecy #2)” as Want to Read:
The Hawkweed Legacy (Hawkweed Prophecy #2)

The Hawkweed Legacy

(Hawkweed Prophecy #2)

Poppy is discovering a purpose for her powers in Africa, but she is haunted by a vision of her own death. Taken in by a boy and his great-grandmother, a healer, they vow to keep her safe-even if that ultimately means holding her captive. But Poppy never stops longing for Leo and, when she feels his magic begin to spark, she will do anything to be reunited with him.

Desperat
Published August 15th 2017 by Hachette Books (first published June 1st 2017)

Aneta Bak
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, books-i-own
The Hawkweed Legacy was breathtaking and addicting. The book was so beautiful and captivating I could not put it down.

When I read the first book in this series, I liked it but it wasn't a book I would remember a year later. It was good, but it wasn't unique and memorable. This book was so much better. The characters and story becomes a lot more relatable and it truly becomes a unique story that I will definitely remember for a long time.

This book starts off exactly where the last one ended. Popp
Patty (IheartYA)
Mar 12, 2019 rated it liked it
The Hawkweed Legacy was an adequate sequel. I did, however, struggle with the alternating point of view and past/present transitions. I enjoy the writing style, characters and world building even if the story can be slow moving at times.
Susan
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The only thing wrong with this book is that it's over and how sad I am that I will not be reading about these characters ever again :(

I enjoyed the MC's and the villain in this story so much. Irena Brignull sucked me into this world of witches and magic with her first book The Hawkweed Prophecy and I had to know the ending of this duology even though in doing so this story in now over.
(view spoiler)
Just Commonly
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
The Hawkweed Legacy by acclaimed screenwriter, Irena Brignull is book 2 of the Hawkweed Prophecy, and it continues on almost immediately on. Therefore, it's not one to start without reading book 1, at least in my opinion. I was looking forward to this series, only because I like the whimsical factor in the author's screen work. As a fantasy young adult fiction, which I do enjoy from time to time, I was easily taken by the author's beautiful prosaic writing from the get go. Her characters have mu ...more
nat. (semi-hiatus)
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Judith
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would like to thank netgalley and the publisher for allowing me to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
I would not hesitate to recommend the Hawkwood Prophecy books to anyone who loves fantasy with passion woven throughout. This sequel was totally compelling and rather beautifully composed. The way so many characters draw the readers' compassion is remarkable because at times you are torn as to where your sympathies should lie. Poppy, Charlock, Betony, Leo, Ember and Sorrel all str
Stephanie (Reading is Better With Cupcakes)
Today the book I have to talk to you about is The Hawkweed Legacy by Irena Brignull. It is the second book in the The Hawkweed Prophecy series.

This review will contain some spoilers for book one. If you have not read book one, you may not want to proceed with reading my review. Consider yourself warned.

This book has a myriad of characters but the one that sticks out the most is Poppy. We learned in the previous book that Poppy grew up as a chaff (a normal human) when she is not one. She is, in f
Christina Reid
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I felt that some story elements were rushed, overall I really enjoyed this second book in the duology. I also enjoyed how a few things were left open for the reader's imagination to fill in - you don't have to tie up every loose end! I felt a little frustrated once it became clear which 'legacy' the title is referring to, but enjoyed learning about Betony and Charlock when they were younger.
If you like books about witches and can ignore the fact that the magic is never fully explained, you
The Lit Bitch
Aug 14, 2018 rated it liked it
When I was pitched this book, I thought this was the first in the series. I loosely read the summary and just assumed that it was the first one.

So let’s get this out of the way first—read the first book in the series before you read this book. It’s hard for me to write a review for this one because it’s very clearly part of a series and was meant to be read by people who had read the first book.

With that in mind, I could have backed out and said I would rather wait and read the first one before
Patty
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing

The Hawkweed Legacy
By
Irena Brignull

What it's all about...

The Hawkweed Legacy is the continuation of the Hawkweed Prophecy which I just finished prior to reading this book. I loved the first book and was just as excited to read this one. This book continues Poppy's story and Ember's story and Leo's story. But it delves deeper into the early lives of the key Witches in their lives...Raven and Sorrel and Betony and Charlick. The author directs this story from past to present and beyond in a scary c
USOM
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
UM SO I LOVED THIS MORE THAN THE FIRST. And I really enjoyed the first. This one just had so much more depth of families, motherhood, relationships, and just all the sacrifices. Like that's the best sentence you'll get out of me after finishing this - I am rubbish. But in reality, if you enjoy family sagas, pick this up (oh and witches, if you hate witches that's a huge part of this book too). I ADORE family books, and this one had so many parallels and Sorrel, oh my Sorrel just gets so much dee ...more
Kait
Sep 05, 2017 rated it liked it
This book felt like a much better read than the first riiiiiiight until the total WTF ending.
Danya
This review and others can be found on my blog, Fine Print.

THE HAWKWEED LEGACY picks up right where its predecessor left off, with both Ember and Poppy aware of their respective lineages and reunited with their biological families. But not all those reunions are equally happy, and much of the story is spent exploring what it means to be coven, clan, or family. Poppy, Ember, and Leo alike all have to reconcile what their gifts – or lack thereof – mean for them and those they choose to call their
Abi
This. Book. Was. So. Good! I just love the author's writing style - it has a way of both giving you space and drawing you into the characters and their thoughts and feelings, but the separateness allows for the switching of perspectives. The point of view changes, by the way, were masterfully done (each chapter was either Poppy, Leo, Charlock, Ember, Betony, Young Betony or Young Charlock). This book was just amazing!

On each of the characters:

Leo - man, I love him! He's so conflicted, but event
Erin
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book picks up pretty immediately from where the first leaves off. I really enjoyed this book, the surprises, the explanations, the ups and downs.

Everyone in this book is a mess, and in disarray, from the start of this book. Poppy’s absence leaves the clan in danger, unprotected without the queen. Ember is struggling, as is Leo, to adjust to life in regular society, and life without Poppy. Charlock is busy trying to hold things together and to keep Poppy’s position safe, but her good intent
Emma
It's been a long time since I enjoyed a fantasy series on witches, covens, clans and magic with spell books, potions and cauldrons. The Hawkweed Legacy, the sequel to The Hawkweed Prophecy (find my review here) was a startling surprise in the best way possible, it made me love this series and Irena's writing even more.

The Hawkweed Legacy follows on from Poppy's story, as a child magically switched at birth she find herself finally in the arms of her birth mother and surroundings of where she is
Kristi Baker
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
The second in the duology, this book did an amazing job of adding characters not just for the sake of there being more, but in order to really flesh out the existing main characters so the ending felt conclusive and rewarding.

In this book we learn much more about Charlock, and get far deeper into Leo's past learning exactly how deep his connection with Poppy goes. Although I don't completely agree with the treatment that Ember got in this book, it was very rewarding to see Poppy's love for her b
Maria Laura
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un salto avanti incredibile rispetto al primo volume.
La Brignull apre le porte per una ottima saga ed allo stesso tempo lascia soddisfatto il lettore, qualora non si andasse più avanti con le vicende di Poppy, Ember e Leo.
Il personaggio minore Leo, finalmente esplode in tutto il suo potenziale e se ne capisce la sua importanza, cosa che nel precedente libro era assolutamente oscura.

La vicenda è davvero complessa e mi sento di dire, che questa non è più una lettura per bambini con streghe buone e
Miriam Giorgi
Jun 24, 2018 rated it liked it
complete review at the following link---> http://meandbooks.altervista.org/the-...

For more than the first half of the book the story was very, very slow. In the first volume there was a little more adventure, but in this the author stopped at the life of the characters for most of the chapters. Poppy, as the plot says, is in a lost country and does not return before the middle of the book.
Miriam Giorgi
recensione completa al seguente link---> http://meandbooks.altervista.org/lere...

Per più della prima metà del libro la storia è stata molto, ma molto lenta. Nel primo c’era stato un po’ più di avventura, ma in questo l’autrice si è fermata alla vita dei personaggi per gran parte dei capitoli. Poppy come dice la trama è in un paese sperduto e non ritorna prima della metà del libro.
vvb
The story continues with issues of sisterhood, friendship and love that swirl about in this tale of witches.

History of the mothers and their pasts is shared.

The use of magic and creates some action packed scenes.
Emily Righter
Jan 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Not as great as the hawkweed prophesy, but still a fun read
Morgan (The Bookish Beagle)
2.5 stars. Review to come but I really didn't care for this. The writing is still lovely at least.
IAMVICKY
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
👍🏻🤘🏻
Kattato Garu
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quoting my ten-year old daughter: "It was brilliant. I loved the story and the characters, and I can't wait to read it all over again".
Nicole
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I generally prefer plot based stories but this character driven series was really good.
Tiffany
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a very good conclusion to the story! It was very well written and I loved all the characters and their development. Such a good series!
Nicollette Winiewicz
It was interesting to see the story played out in the past, but the many, many, many viewpoints was sort of confusing and the relationships toward the end got super complicated, convoluted and weird. But the ending was nice.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Young, Gifted and Dead (St Jude's Academy, #1)
  • Songs About Us (Songs About A Girl, #2)
  • Overpowered
  • The Madness
  • Flight of a Starling
  • Ever Near (Secret Affinity, #1)
  • Take Two (Waiting for Callback #2)
  • Double Eclipse (Summer on East End, #2)
  • A Halloween Scare at My House: Prepare If You Dare
  • The Ghost in the Attic (The Haunted Library #2)
  • Pride and Prejudice and Kitties: A Cat-Lover's Romp through Jane Austen's Classic
  • Fate's Wish
  • Impostor (Slide, #2)
  • Hate
  • The Turncoat's Gambit (The Inventor's Secret, #3)
  • Voyage to Avalon (Mice of the Round Table #2)
  • Tide
  • The Deepest Night (The Sweetest Dark, #2)

Hawkweed Prophecy (2 books)
  • The Hawkweed Prophecy (Hawkweed Prophecy #1)