Start by marking “El caballero de la armadura oxidada” as Want to Read:
El caballero de la armadura oxidada

El caballero de la armadura oxidada

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  14,585 ratings  ·  1,061 reviews
El caballero de la armadura oxidada trata de una fantasía adulta que simboliza nuestra ascensión por la montaña de la vida. Nos sentimos reflejados en el viaje del caballero, que está plagado de esperanzas y desesperanzas, de ilusiones y desilusiones, de risas y lágrimas. Las profundas enseñanzas contenidas en la historia son impartidas con un toque de humor muy sutil. El ...more
Paperback, 1st edition Nueva Consciencia, 93 pages
Published December 1st 1994 by Obelisco (first published May 1987)

To ask other readers questions about El caballero de la armadura oxidada, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about El caballero de la armadura oxidada

·  14,585 ratings  ·  1,061 reviews

Start your review of El caballero de la armadura oxidada
DJ Harris
May 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
The Knight in Rusty Armor by Robert Fisher is a Five Star Book!

A lighthearted whimsical tale, appropriate for many age levels, and complete with a subtle, yet important, deeper message. One of my favorite books from the first read! Full of profound wisdom and touching moments that are sure to melt the coldest heart.

Excerpt:

"Though this universe I own,
I possess not a thing,
for I cannot know the unknown
if to the known I cling.
"

There is no way that you could read this book and not be a better person for it. It's full of life lessons that sometimes we need
Andrea
Jun 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful, short story that leaves a positive message to all readers. It talks about knowing oneself and going through many obstacles to achieve peace and happiness. I really liked the way the story was told; as a story told at night, near a fire and by an experienced storyteller from old times. It can easily be passed on to our children or grandchildren without harm. It is a very healthy and pure story that makes us ponder a little about how much we know ourselves and how much we take ...more
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
Oh, my gosh! I just can't get tired of this book. This should be done a manual for psychologists.

Q:
Cuanto el asunto de la caballeria habia crisis, tenia la mala costumbre de rescatar damiselas incluso quando ellas no desesaban ser rescatadas y, debido a esto, aunque muchas damas le estaban agradecidas, otras tantas se mostraban furiosas con el caballero. El lo acceptaba con filosofia. Despues de todo, no se puede contentar a todo el mundo.
~
When the knight business was slow, he had the annoying
Paty Pana
Nov 10, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Unfortunately I was so bored with this book. Maybe it was because it was my first audiobook - and probably my last - and because the narrator had a strange way to pronounce ''ni" 's and "li" 's... It was close to torture, and it was a relief that it only lasted 20+ minutes.

The forced didactic tone made it seem like a straightly self-help book rather than a tale with an underlying teaching intention, which I found extremely annoying. The whole story was too short and I felt that nothing actually
Paula
Apr 09, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Gag. Horrible, boring, roll-my-eyes-every-three-seconds book. I had to read it for a university project and I hated it! Luckily it was short, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to finish it. These sort of books are just ridiculous. Well, I'm off to read something decent now.
Gonzalo Urrutia
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
A fun, soulful reading without complexity or hidden meaning. The message is clear, and I think most of us can learn a thing or two about the Knight's journey.
Ana Rodriguez
Jan 04, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mine
We read this book on Psychology class. I won't lie by saying that I was thrilled, since I seriously wasn't digging it at first. I though it was pretty boring, and my classmates thought so as well since most of them were falling asleep. The thing is that every time we finished a chapter, our teacher would ask us to express our opinions and thoughts. What did we get from the chapter? Which phrase caught our attention the most?
The interesting part started when my classmates actually started cooper
Ruth
Feb 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
José Cruz Parker
Oct 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Robert Fisher’s book is a not very subtle allegory about a knight who’s unwilling—and eventually unable—to remove his armor. Because of this his wife shows contempt for him, and his son barely even knows him. When he attempts to take off his amor, he realizes that he can’t get out of it on his own. He therefore sets out on a quest to find the wizard Merlin in order to ask him for help

The armor is obviously a metaphor: the protagonist wears it day and night because he’s afraid and doesn’t want to
Miquel Reina
This book arrived at my hands by chance and although I usually don't believe in coincidences I have to say that It come to me in a moment of my life disturbingly ideal for reading. "The knight in Rusty Armor" is an excellent story for adults in which morals of life are lessons so lucid and brutal that sometimes you will need some time to assimilate them. I recommend to read this book to everyone because each of us can feel identified with this heavy and rusty armor that every day we strive to we ...more
Catarina
This book was recommend by a friend of mines that just said it had everything to be one of my personal favourites. I have to say she was right, before I read the book however I saw the animation some Portuguese students did for a school project, once the animation ended I was caught myself thinking "This is good, but is this all there is?".
Luckily for me the Portuguese publishing house of this book had a sale sometime after and I could get the book half price. As I sat down to read it the after
Joe Savage
Feb 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all
Recommended to Joe by: Billy Bass
Enjoyed this short, simple book very much. Lessons illustrated in this tiny volume have many applications. As a male the imperfect warrior (workaholic) beams from every page. Blindness and denial reverberate upon the reader who has experienced similar troubles. The armor comes in diverse forms but all can become just as rusted as this knight's.
The obstacles or castles which he had to pass through likewise can be seen many different ways in each readers mind.
Overall I found this an enchanting a
William
Dec 27, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book is full of cheap new-agey "wisdom", lazy anachronisms, and hippy nonsense. There is a tiny kernel of worthwhile insight, but it is not worthwhile.
Rauleck
Nov 04, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Life's short, and there are so many books to read!
Don't waste your time with this one...
Maria Tzoutzopoulou
Still numbed by the holiday season, I wasn't sure of what my first read for the new year would be.
The Knight in Rusty Armor captured me from the first few pages, and throughout it, I found pieces of me and pieces of people I know.
I was enthused about the way Robert Fisher presented himself in a specific part of the story.
There were so many truths inside learned the hard way in life.
It is a must-read for all ages, and I am more than happy to have started my year with this book.
Maria Carmo
A interesting fable where the hero goes in search of himself, in the guise of his search to get rid of the armour he unconsciously built around himself...
The book is quikly read, but it still holds importants truths and clues to one's liberation.
Loved re-reading it!

Maria Carmo,

Lisbon, 13 May 2020-
Michael
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This slim tale has something of a cult following. Imagine Pilgrim's Progress re-imagined by Paolo Coelho, with folksy philosophy and cute critters. I'm sure there are important life lessons in there too ...
Kei
Jul 20, 2019 rated it liked it
It was a good and teachable read.
Michael Sump
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, but I’m biased with a particular point-of-view. It was written in Spanish, and it is the first complete book that I’ve been able to read in its entirety in this, my 2nd language. I am a student of Spanish who seems to be stuck in a high intermediate stage. This book, though written in the Spanish of Spain and not in Latin American Spanish, was not too difficult and exposed me to a number of new vocabulary words and examples of many grammatical structures that I have studied bu ...more
Stephanie Echeverry
El caballero de la Armadura Oxidada (The knight in rusty armor in English) was a book easy and fast to read, we finished it in less than an hour. It is a self-help book (not a super fan) but it was fun to read it together, we laugh during some parts 🤣
lama algahtani
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this so so so so muchhhhhhhh
Megan
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cannot say enough good things about "The Knight in Rusty Armor" by Robert Fisher. It's hysterical. It's a quick read. It has all the elements of classic allegory mixed with elements of folklore and myth. If you want there's even a decent life lesson the reader can pull from the tale.
An unnamed knight has lived for so long in his armor ready to go on any quest that he is unable to take off the metal gear. Faced with the prospect of his long-suffering wife and son leaving him the knight goes on
Train
May 24, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Train by: no one (it was a gamble)
Tries to give the reader a message of acceptance of life 'as is' and talks about the power of love, especially love for ourselves. The problem is that the author seems to be very ignorant of what human life actually is, so the message gets lost in a ton of contradictions. It's hard for more intellectual/mature readers to take the message seriously.

The book comes off better as a child's first entry to medieval fantasy literature, but it still demands that the parents carefully explain to the chil
Aurora Shele
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Small book, very philosophical and essential messages. I enjoyed it all and I found myself identifying with whatever it was written in there. I read it again, after I passed the second castle. I guess I will read it again when I get out of this third and last one. I very much enjoyed the end...the beggining.

Update: 31/01/2020 it took me a while but I'm out of the last castle and I'm loving it :) Thank you Sammy.
Jorge Rosas
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
A nice story about self-acceptance, and how we build inner walls around us forgetting who we really are (represented with the shiny armor). There’s a thing with the wife and child, a cliffhanger that is a little bit confusing, that and the time travel thing.
Lisa Alsop
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exceptional story on the path of life, searching for your truth and the unnecessary baggage we put on ourselves because we think we have to. Short story, quick read and tons of life lessons. This will be in Lisa's Top 100 for sure.
Milagros
Sad but realistic, showing the way some people loose in themselves
Eirene
Aug 01, 2012 rated it did not like it
Relectura.
João Fernandes
Sep 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Got this book as a gift. The fact is that I already gave it as a gift to several people, because I hope they get touched by it as I did. All said.
Liz* Fashionably Late
It was ok. I read it when I was a kid and I really enjoyed it.
Maybe to inspirational for my taste now ^^
Capitulo 6-EL CASTILLO DE LA VOLUNTAD Y DE LA OSADÍA 1 3 Nov 16, 2019 04:45PM
Capitulo V.- EL CASTILLO DEL CONOCIMIENTO 1 1 Nov 03, 2019 02:41PM
Capitulo 1 1 2 Oct 06, 2019 09:20PM

• El Principito
  • El Peregrino/el Alquimista
  • The Princess Who Believed in Fairy Tales
  • Juventud en éxtasis
  • La culpa es de la vaca
  • La fuerza de Sheccid
  • 24 Cualidades De Un Joven Triunfador
  • The Analyst
  • María
  • El túnel
  • Y colorín colorado este cuento aún no se ha acabado
  • CUATRO ACUERDOS (MEX)
  • Las batallas en el desierto
  • Los 7 hábitos de la gente altamente efectiva Ed.re
One of the most prolific of sitcom writers, Fisher began in television the 1950s by pairing up with a veteran radio writer twenty-five years his senior named Alan Lipscott. Lipscott and Fisher wrote the first episode of the CBS-TV sitcom series Make Room For Daddy (starring Danny Thomas) in 1953, and went on to craft teleplays for The Donna Reed Show, Bachelor Father (which starred John Forsythe), ...more

News & Interviews

“Cuando aprendas a aceptar en lugar de esperar, tendrás menos decepciones”.” 35 likes
“Casi muero por todas las lágrimas que no derramé”.” 27 likes