Start by marking “Heart on Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Heart on Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles, #3)

Heart on Fire

(Kingmaker Chronicles #3)

The riveting conclusion to the Kingmaker Chronicles, available January 2018!

Who is Catalia Fisa?
With the help of pivotal figures from her past, Cat begins to understand the root of her exceptional magic, her fated union with Griffin Sinta, and Griffin's role in shaping her destiny.

Only Cat holds the key to unlocking her own power, and that means finally accepting herself,
Mass Market Paperback, 380 pages
Published January 2nd 2018 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Heart on Fire, please sign up.
Amanda I don't know when yet, but I do want to write more books set in this world as soon as I can!
Kelly at In most series there is a year-ish gap.
In most series there is a year-ish gap.
I too wish it was sooner. But it does take a long time to write, rewrite, edit, proofread, edit, proofread again before it can be published. I would rather Ms. Bouchet take her time and write us an amazing story, then to have her rush and leave us disappointed. (less)

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
4.5 Solid Stars

This was an incredibly satisfying ending to a series I really enjoyed.

In this third installment, a lot of questions left by the first two books were finally answered; questions about Cat, questions about the Gods, and questions about stuff I don't necessarily want to even mention because it would tip you off (and possibly spoil something) by mentioning it so blatantly.

Griffin and Cat are definitely one of my favorite romance couples. They truly are made for each other and I loved
Katerina
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Do you know what I have in my heart? I have hope. And I'll share it with the world.”

And she did. Cat shared with me her hope, her dreams, her fears, her lust and her love, she set my heart ablaze, and left me a wet, sobbing mess.

“I am mercy, but I am also death.”

As expected, Heart on Fire was the perfect blend of steam, humor and heart-pounding adventure! Once again, Amanda Bouchet excelled in the fantasy romance genre, and encompassed me in the journey of her heroes until all I could s
Sh3lly (GrumpyBookGrrrl.com)
Review also found at Dust Off Your MacHalo Blog.

This is the final book in the Kingmaker Chronicles trilogy (well, I suspect there will be more books set in the same world, but it concludes the three-book arc). The book begins with a shocking betrayal before Cat and Griffin head off to find a potion to help her unlock her powers, since they haven’t been reliable.

I’m not quite sure how to even properly write this review because I love the world Amanda Bouchet created and using Greek/Roman gods and
Alyssa

Summary (from Goodreads):

Who is Catalia Fisa?

Only Cat holds the
Jaime Arkin
Man that was incredibly disappointing after the love I had for the first two books.

This is going to be short and to the point.

This is probably the biggest reading disappointment I've had all year long.

This book was one of my most anticipated since devouring the first two in the series and after dropping everything to dive into the amazing world Bouchet created in those books this was such a let down.

Nothing felt the same ... not the characters and not the story... I felt there was so much fil
Choko
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
*** 2.44 ***

A buddy read with my friend Iain, since we obviously never stop reading:):):)

"...“I’m… “ I stop, at a loss.
Griffin lifts his eyebrows. “Inarticulate at the moment?”
Scowling, I thwack him in the chest.
“Overwrought?” he supplies, his mouth quirking up.
I thwack him again.
“Highly emotional?”
Thwack. Thwack.
“Apparently weak, because none of that hurt at all.”..."

Yeah, weak... This is how I felt about this book and I feel utterly let down... The premise for the series had so much potenti
Stacey is Sassy
I thought about changing this review as I knew I didn't describe my thoughts well when I initially wrote it. I think what I was trying to get across is that we see a lot more heroes (male) leading than heroines (females). That we're almost conditioned to have a hero lead or step in and save the day. I think we're seeing (movies more than books) where most of the heroines are the side-kick.

Whether it be a book or a movie if you see the terms hero and heroine -or- heroine and hero, who do you thi
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I hate to say it but this was a bit of a disappointment. I really expected to love this book. I wanted to love this book. I didn't like this book nearly as much as the two previous books in the series. I thought it was okay and I am glad that I read it. This is the third book in the Kingmaker Chronicles and this review may contain spoilers from previous installments in the series.

My experience with this book goes back to when I first
Lover of Romance
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance

In Heart On Fire we have a stunning finale of the Kingmaker Chronicles and this book was a BLAST of goodness, delights, shocks and terrors and with typical Bouchet flare, keeps you on the edge of your seat. We get more into the head of our daring heroine Catalina Fisa. Catalina we have seen through in the previous two books, as she grows and learns into her powers and abilities with her husband and mate by her side Griffin. And boy did I lo
Alexandra G.
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

It tears my heart a little bit to give less than 5 stars but I don't have a choice.
The book was amazing. I was grinning like a fool the whole time I was reading it. I believe that the author is extremely talented and the world and the characters that she created will stay with me for a long time. It will be a joy to re-read the 'Kingmaker Chronicles' .

Now, the reason for my tiny disappointment. I don't really know what it was. The ending was kind of a anticlimax. A bit too fairytale.
Caitlin
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-read, 4-stars
I wanted a little bit more of an epic conclusion for this book but overall I adored this book and I adore this entire series. I’ll write a full review closer to the release date!

Thank you Netgalley for providing me with an ARC
Maria V. Snyder
This is the conclusion to the Kingmaker series. If you made it this far it means, like me, you're invested in the characters and wish to see how the overall story ends - Amanda does a great job of making each book it's own stand alone while still having the overarching plot.

I enjoyed this book and it's worth the read - especially if you've read the first two. And I'm going to miss Beta Team and Griffin the warlord (swoon). There are two reasons this only gets 3 stars and it has to do with the en
Katie
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review was copied from my romance novel review blog: romanticallyinclinedreviews.blogspot.com. For more reviews follow us on Instagram: @romantically_inclined or on Facebook @romanticallyinclinedreviews

My reaction reading the first book in a great series: “When are they going to have sex? Wow, that was a great sex scene. When’s the next sex scene?”

My reaction reading the second book in a great series: “That was a great sex scene, but I’m really wondering what’s going to happen next with thi
Roobie
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-challenge

A crushed spark never ignites. That's not how you fan the flame.

That was disappointing. The ending was a big fat "meh" (and I'm being nice here) and if there is ever another book or a novella after this to tie up the huge amount of lose ends, I might come back and fix my rating. But right now I'm angry. I honestly kept reading this for the Beta Team and none of them got any closure. Not cool.

(view spoiler)
Alexandra
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1018, favorites
I received an e-ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Review can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

The thrilling conclusion in the Kingmaker Chronicles had everything I loved in a good NEW Adult fantasy! Action, banter, romance, and tragedy. Cat and Griffin will have to win the war against Cat's mom in order to unite the realms and rule as one. But there are far more deadly forces than they expect.

The beauty of the book was the inner growth of the characters. All of them from Cat an
Steysha Kravits
Soooo, the only good thing I can say is that Cat`s usual snark is back, and there were only two or three sex scenes - that`s a plus for those who didn`t like the sequel because there was too much sex and almost no banter between Cat and Griffin.

But that`s all. I think this book was the worst in the trilogy.

First of all, it`s unbelievably dragging. Every chapter could be shortened in half. And that’s because half of it was Cat`s whining or explaining obvious things. For example, she thinks her m
Deborah Obida
May 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, romance, fantasy
I'm going to divide this review into two segments. Things I liked and the things I disliked.

What every person longs for is a connection, whether they’ll admit it or not.

Things I liked
The world and writing, the book featured Greek gods and their meddling acts to the fullest, I love the way the author depicted that. The writing is also fun and witty which made reading this fun.

It’s the road to Fisa. There should be warning signs. Continue at your own peril. Danger. Are you sure this is the road
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
An epic conclusion to the series, made even more so because Cat stopped crying to the gods willy-nilly, book 2 almost gave me a headache. I will miss this series, i was wishing for more even as I flipped to the last page, I want to know what happens to Kato and the rest of the beta team, I hope there's a spinoff in the horizon.
Yoda
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5 stars
Heart on Fire is the last installment in Kingmaker Chronicles and its probably the best thing about it.

In this book we continue to follow Cat while she is trying to make her Elemental Magic work. There is a lot of self searching in this book, which is annoying at some points. Too be honest I disliked the first 2/3 of this book. It was so boring at times, even though there was some action her soul searching made it unreadable. the first 2/3 of this book were my Tartarus.

I do love th
Beatrice in Bookland
*I received a copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

"You wallow in self-pity when you could be taking your life back!"

This turned out to be the biggest disappointment of my 2017, I'm honestly heartbroken. I love the first two books, but Heart on fire was so boring and cheesy and I'm crying again because I deserved an amazing finale why did you do this to me Amanda

THE PLOT:

The banter, the Beta team and Griffin's amazing family were the most entertaining and amazing parts in the l
Ann Lou
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Awesome stars!

I've always been fascinated with Mythology. I love to read about Gods and Goddesses.  Hence, the reason why I practically inhaled this series when it first came out.

This series has all the ingredients you need for one AMAZING adventure.   We have different creatures...Cerberus, The Hydra, and others.  We have magic, love, characters you can't help but root for.  And the GODS and GODDESSES. They were awesome! It is always bittersweet everytime I finish a series that I really l
Beth
I completely loved it. I finished reading Heart on Fire and went right back and started a re-read of all three books in this series again. My only hope is that Bouchet continues this series and gives us closure for the few open plot lines for the side characters, I'm caught up with the what ifs and where would that plot direction go?

I received an ARC copy of Heart on Fire from SOURCEBOOKS Casablanca. This is my honest and voluntary review. Heart on Fire is set for publication Jan. 2, 2017.

My Rat
melissafandomworld
My morning starts off with a HUGE ASS FANGIRL RANT about Heart of Fire by Amanda Bouchet because I finished the book yesterday and omg.. ooooooomygod - guess my bookbuddies in the whats app group are 'wide awake' now, if they weren't already, since they received like 50-100 messages from me bwhahaha..

I'm still, emotionally speaking, so RAW at the moment. This book... shbgdhfjbgbdfgjbdfjgdfg It was devastatingly beautiful. My fangirl heart still can't handle everything it read the last couple of
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
Don't like how this series ends. Really, this should not be the ending. But given that the author has moved on to other projects, not likely she's coming back to this one.

When a series ends, I expect most things to be "wrapped up" with maybe some "hope" for the future. But when there are many different threads still ongoing and unresolved (tho the MCs seem to be stable), I don't call this a good wrap. Makes me mad, actually. Like you bought and spend time and energy on something unfinished. Or h
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Heart on Fire concludes the Kingmaker Chronicles series by Amanda Bouchet

I was hooked on the Kingmaker Chronicles series from the moment I read the first page of A Promise of Fire and each additional book has been a delight. I’m sad to see it end and I’d love to see a spin-off, because their are so many wonderful characters that have potential to do their own stories.

Heart on Fire starts right where Breath of Fire ends. So their is no time wasted in getting us back into the story and the coming
Ashley
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm heartbroken that I didn't love this more!

There were three things that killed it for me:

1) Cat is pregnant and keeps referring to her unborn child as Little Bean. This term just grated on me. She's always "checking on Little Bean" and people are asking her, "is Little Bean okay?" I got to the point where I was ready to throw something if I heard "Little Bean" one more time.

2) Cat's insecurities drove me nuts. She keeps doubting her abilities and the lack of confidence causes her magic to wave
Marta Cox
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, my-reviews
I've loved this series and I'm so pleased there's a happy resolution. Cat and Griffin are this awesome power couple driven to protect others and yet Cat has suffered so much. I loved knowing Griffin was always meant for Cat and yes those meddling Olympians actually featured quite heavily in this book. I know that Cat is the embodiment of hope for a new world but really I wanted a bit more action. What we get is Cat struggling to understand and control her powers so she is almost on a quest to un ...more
Douglas Meeks
Well I must be one of the few people in the world that did not think this was some great literacy achievement, coming in at 418 pages for a story that could have been told in 250 and probably better unless you are addicted to pages and pages and pages of self-introspection and did not succumb to terminal boredom.

While the above may be a bit over the top it does represent where I spent a LOT of my time reading this book and was finally forced to scan a few pages to stay awake. After you have read
Hollis
"Catalia Fisa. You are surprisingly entertaining. One never knows if you'll live or die."

Discovering the Kingmaker Chronicles was kinda like running into a unicorn. You're not expecting it, pretty sure it didn't exist, and it basically fulfills all your wishes in one go. It was a sexy fantasy story that takes place in a made-up world with our own Greek myths, infused with magic, a reluctant snarky heroine, and a total alpha hottie. With a band of merry men, a family focused group of secondary ch

• The Sea King (Weathermages of Mystral, #2)
  • The Edge of the Blade (The Uncharted Realms #2)
  • Amid the Winter Snow
  • The Kingpin of Camelot (A Kinda Fairytale, #3)
  • Desolation (Earth Evolution, #1)
  • Vikings Unleashed: 9 modern Viking erotic romances
  • The Inseparable Mr. and Mrs. Darcy (Meryton Mystery #3)
  • Gods and Ends (Ordinary Magic #3)
  • Born To Be Wilde (Immortal Vegas, #3)
  • The Queen's Gambit (Rogue Queen, #1)
  • Paladin's Prize (Age of Heroes, #1)
  • Taboo Kisses
  • The Moon Shines Red (Heart of Darkness #1)
  • Tooth and Claw (The Harry Russo Diaries, #2)
  • How Beauty Loved the Beast (Tales of the Underlight, #3)
  • Black Ice (Midgard, #2)
  • Storming His Heart (Westlake Enterprises, #2)
Amanda Bouchet grew up in New England where she spent much of her time tromping around in the woods and making up grand adventures in her head. It was inevitable that one day she would start writing them down. She writes what she loves to read: epic exploits, steamy romance, and characters that make you laugh and cry.

Amanda is a French master's graduate and former English teacher. She lives in Par

Kingmaker Chronicles (3 books)
  • A Promise of Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles, #1)
  • Breath of Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles, #2)
“I’m… “ I stop, at a loss.
Griffin lifts his eyebrows. “Inarticulate at the moment?”
Scowling, I thwack him in the chest.
“Overwrought?” he supplies, his mouth quirking up.
I thwack him again.
“Highly emotional?”
Thwack. Thwack.
“Apparently weak, because none of that hurt at all.”
5 likes
“Trial by fire.
It forges a heart of iron.
And sets it alight.”