Start by marking “Star Wars Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away” as Want to Read:
Star Wars Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away

Star Wars Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away

Graphic design guru Tim Leong presents Star Wars trivia in an all-new way—through playful pie charts, bar graphs, and other data-driven infographics. From a Venn diagram of Yoda's idiosyncrasies to an organizational chart of the Empire to a line graph of Grand Moff Tarkin's management decisions, Star Wars Super Graphic shines a new light on the much-adored universe. Equal ...more
Published July 25th 2017 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Star Wars Super Graphic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Wars Super Graphic

Anna
Jan 17, 2018 rated it liked it
this book is so aesthetically pleasing, but it had some typos that made some of the graphs virtually useless (because obviously star wars graphs are usually extremely useful). i needed a little bit more rogue one content because, as we all know, it is the best star wars movie, and this book didn't mention my literal space husband cassian once but talked about star wars rebels a lot (who tf cares!!! not me). i liked that it included movies, tv shows, novels and comics in its stats though. there w ...more
Lollyletsgo
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First, let me say I love how visually appealing this book is. Time Leong has an esoteric understanding of Star Wars, so if you are interested or want to expand your knowledge, this is the book for you.

I did share this book with a few others and the only complaint is that they wanted to know where the analytical facts/statistics fame from - are they strictly canon or only movie based? (Yes, I know people like that.)

We all felt that this book would make a great coffee table book, because not only
Ron Turner
Jan 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Not bad. A little too silly for me. I prefer a nerd's nerd guide.
David
Sep 29, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 I guess this one didn't live up to my expectations. There were some funny parts, but too much of a good thing can get a bit tedious. It might have helped if I didn't read this all in one sitting because after staring at 175 pages of brightly colored charts and graphs my brain began to hurt. Star Wars fans will enjoy this and it is the perfect book to pick up for a few minutes and then put down.
kerrycat
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Some of these IGs are intriguing (character appearances, common traits/themes, fastest ships, Luke's questions - okay, that last one got me, not the least of which because it was a character development thing but seriously, "Leia, do you remember your mother? Your real mother?" - that was a tough one) AND (another tough one) Rey's vision (what exactly did she experience during those 51 seconds?) but some are obviously filler and not very good filler at that - and some were hard to read from the ...more
Mary Jo
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Star Wars? Infographics? Very detailed and completely useless information? It's like they wrote the book especially for me! :D It was cool to have a new way to look at these movies I've seen a hundred times. I found particularly interesting the graph of who had the most lines in each of the movies - and how few of those lines went to women :/ The maps were great too (I'm always in for maps).
Rob Usdin
This was good but not as good as the original Super Graphic. The minutiae here will appeal to the hardcore Star Wars fan, but to the more average fan, not as much. Fun but not amazing.
Ella
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very funny read for Star Wars fans

Paula Martin
Really fun even if you aren't into star wars generally
Nancy
Aug 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Nifty book to page through. The infographics cover a wide range. Some are extremely clever and interesting. Some are just mildly entertaining. Some are visually fun but don't convey any useful information (or the data is highly subjective). And others are completely useless. But overall it's a wonderful, brightly colored dive into Star Wars. All current canon media are included: movies, TV, books, and comics.

My favorites:
- A breakdown of the opening crawls showing number of words, which words ar
Paul Viebranz
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having read my fair share of Star Wars reference books, I can safely say this is the most entertaining yet published. The breadth of information you never really thought about quantifying (like how many questions Luke asks throughout the Original Trilogy) and the beautiful visual representation of that information (such as what 3,720 asteroids to 1 lonely Millenium Falcon really looks like) is astounding. This is compulsively digestible data about that beloved galaxy far, far away, lovingly pres ...more
G-E
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Les graphiques sont originaux et colorés. Certains sont instructifs d'autres plus comiques. Je le conseil pour les fans de Star Wars uniquement.
Vanessa
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So, there I was in my neighborhood B&N with a gift card burning a hole in my pocket and what do I find but a book packed with 170 pages of brightly colored infographics about Star Wars!! My more mature self tried to reason with the rest of me not to blow $20 on this. As happens pretty much every time, my more mature self lost.

(As an aside, I was once at a book fair at work and picked up Ultimate Star Wars. Our new CIO came up to me trying to make conversation and said, "Oh, is that for your
Zach Koenig
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just a fun little book that uses infographics to portray many different aspects of the Star Wars phenomenon. Some are informative, some are humorous, while all are fun to browse through. A great quick read for Star Wars fans of all ages.
Cale
Mar 10, 2018 rated it liked it
This caught my eye on the shelf so I picked it up, not expecting too much out of it. And there's a fair bit of fluff here - my least favorite being the 'charts' that are supposedly reflecting the percentage of random things that just make 8-bit portraits (like Kylo Ren's what percentage off him is pulled by the dark side vs the light); they feel like excuses. And chart interpretations of 'fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering' is not useful. But surrounding these 'pun ...more
Benjamin Espen
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free as part of the LibraryThing Early Reviewers Program.

This is a great book. And I'm a huge Star Wars nerd, which is why I think it's a great book. Hear me out, this one is really well done. First, it is simply well made. Nicely laid out, heavy paper with a satin finish, and a fine attention to detail that warms my OCD heart.

Of course, it is also full of Star Wars trivia. Like what is the speed of various ships in MGLT (megalights per hour).

Or all the times someone sa
Jimmy
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**I received a free copy of this book from Chronicle Books and Library Thing in an exchange for an honest review.**

Not only do I love Star Wars, I also love visual charts and graphs and cool infographics. Put this two things together? You get this book. This is basically a pice book for Star Wars nerds out there. You'll see statistics for how many words are in the opening crawl of all 8 feature films (sorry, no spoilers for anything past that), a count of all types of transitions used in the mov
melydia
Jan 24, 2018 rated it liked it
A bunch of graphs about Star Wars. Not really a good gift for a stats nerd since most of the charts are subjective and a good portion aren't really graphs at all - just low-res graphics of characters with the colors labeled but no axes. But a Star Wars nerd may enjoy the novelty of it. There are spoilers, of course, for everything from A New Hope through The Force Awakens, including the Rebels and Clone Wars TV shows. A fun book to thumb through.
Anne
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
My mind glazed over upon seeing every single space vehicle/ship chart. But that's my only complaint. Ok, I lied, there was some serious ink bleeding going on that I wouldn't expect to see in a book in this day and age (we don't have the technology to deal with that?) which distracted me from time to time. But overall, it was all all delight and amusement. LOL, now if only I can use the charts to memorize a few things, I'll be able to win Star Wars Trivial Pursuit every time!!
RumBelle
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: star-wars, favorites
I loved Leong's Super Graphic about comics and this book was just as good if not better. Any, and every, part of the Star Wars universe was analyzed and portrayed in infographics. From how many times "I have a bad feeling about this!" was uttered to an analysis of lightsabers, this book covered it all in amazingly bright, eye catching, engaging color and graphics. A really enjoyable read!
Brian
Nov 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Fun, but I'm not nearly a big enough Star Wars nerd to "get" even half of these charts and graphs. (This one dives way deep into every movie as well as all the offshoots - comic books, novels, and cartoon series - that make up the Star Wars universe). Uber-nerds should put it on their Christmas lists.
Robin
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I could make a zen diagram about how perfect this book was for me! It combines so many of my favorite things: Star Wars, facts about Star Wars, cool and clever graphics. Some pages are just fascinating, such as charts of who has the most dialogue and the speed of ships, and others are really funny visual puns. I’d love to see a sequel.
Chris Berke
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
I have flipped through Star Wars Super Graphic half a dozen times and each time it makes me smile. The level of creativity is enormous and no two infographics are the same.

I didn't read it cover to cover but it will reside on my coffee table for many years to come. This book is most fun when sitting next to fellow Star Wars nerds!
Mkittysamom
Fun, cool to look at! Very funny and interesting statistics like ratio of how many times a character said “I have a bad feeling about this”, to colors they wear, to blaster misses, and other great stuff you would never think about!
jellybean
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is amazing, holding lots of information about the movies even the times they moved the camera doing the Opening Crawl! I loved this book, since I'm an absolute Star Wars geek and have watched all the movies at least once or twice. I can not believe my library held this book! <3
Exapno Mapcase
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lter
This is fun look throughout the Star Wars universe in graph form, some in universe, some meta. It definitely helps to be knowledgeable of all ten movies (as of Sept. 2017,) the Disney XD shows and all comics and books released since Disney bought Lucasfilm.

Free review copy.
Heidi Goehmann
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is so clever! We love to look through the colorful images and Klepper take on all the films and how they fit together. It was fun to learn about blaster colors, how often each character appears, and other weird details I wouldn’t even have thought of.
Jeanette Neff
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: t-b-r-w
What an interesting read,love all the facts/ tid bits in it. There were fun things i learned that i never thought id really want or need to know... it's great to have on the coffee table so others coming over can look through it.
Ashly Lynn

• Star Wars: Poe Dameron, Vol. 5: The Spark and the Fire
  • The Art of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
  • Star Wars, Vol. 9: Hope Dies
  • Star Wars Costumes: The Original Trilogy
  • The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (Star Wars)
  • Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections