Start by marking “An Act of Courage (Acts of Honor, #4)” as Want to Read:
An Act of Courage (Acts of Honor, #4)

An Act of Courage (Acts of Honor #4)

4.59  ·  Rating details ·  2,258 Ratings  ·  309 Reviews
She’s the light from his past.

He’s the one her heart has always longed for.

Trained by the best, Christopher Walker has fought hard for his country and even harder to forget the only girl he’s ever loved. He spent countless nights submerged in death and destruction only to find himself clinging to the memories of her when the darkness crept in.

When her life is threatened,
ebook
Published 2017

To ask other readers questions about An Act of Courage, please sign up.
Renae I would recommend reading Resisting Temptation first as that’s where you are first introduced to Christopher and Alissa, but if you’ve read that then…moreI would recommend reading Resisting Temptation first as that’s where you are first introduced to Christopher and Alissa, but if you’ve read that then yes this can be read as a stand-alone. 😊(less)

Christy
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!!!

“description"/

K.C. Lynn is one of those authors who I’ve been meaning to read for the longest time. I’ve had books of hers just sitting on my kindle and I’ve never made the time to actually read them. When one of my lovely book friends, Jodi, recommended this one to me, I decided I needed to make time and fit it in. I’m so happy that I did. I loved this book so much. It hit all of my love buttons and left me in happy tears and with the biggest smile on my face. I am definitely going back and reading
◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆

There’s nothing wrong with this book, the writing is good and the characters are lovable but I can’t say I enjoyed it.

Maybe my rating is too harsh but this book is so similar to her other books that it felt like I had read it before, numerous times.

I love these guys and I love K. C. Lynn’s books but this one just didn't do it for me.

Jodi Bibliophile
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
(Please note that this review contains curse words. If you don't like the F word then please don't read on).

IT'S LIVE!!!!!!!

Go get it!!!!!

photo IMG_5507.jpg

“My anchor, my light, my salvation in the night.”

You know you've read a good book when not even 24 hours later you are still thinking about the story and the characters.

I'm still not over it.

My heart still yearns for this book.

It's no secret I'm a huge fan of KC Lynn. Not only is she one of the most kindest people I've ever known but she also creates the typ
Sabrina
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I always find it fun to read about a character that I met when they were young and is now all grown up. Christopher and his younger sister Ruthie both intrigued me when they were only kids and now Christopher intrigued me ten times more as an adult with his own love interest.

He and Alissa split as teenagers in a not-so-pretty way. Now as adults Alissa needs Christopher's help and even after years apart he's right there to save her. Their love may have been separ
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
"Even heroes have the right to bleed"

You know what's the hardest part of reading KC Lynn's works? It's never the story, it's not even the characters. Because in the real sense, reading KC Lynn's books feels like heaven. Sure there are heart-wrenching scenes and soul crushing moments that will bleed your heart out and in turn, will eventually lead you to sob and bawl like a baby, but no...it was never that. The hardest part always are coping up with the emotional roller coaster and writing th
Carvanz
An Act of Courage is a second chance romance and I am not a fan of this trope…unless it’s done correctly. This one most definitely was.

This couple was in love as teenagers but after an argument and a life changing decision they are separated. During that time Christopher serves his country and experiences something that will change his life forever. It is not a situation common to most soldiers. Upon his return he fights the darkness and demons that are now a part of his soul.

Alissa has never fo
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s
Link to full review below! Another great book by KC Lynn! Second chance romance and some seriously HOT sex. See full review on The Book Disciple
Diana
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 all the feels stars

It has been a while that a story put me through so many emotions, I was even crying at 15%. I knew I was going to be put through the ringer, and I was right.

Alissa and Christopher were high school sweethearts that planned to spend the rest of their lives together, until reality and a bitch of a mother stepped in. Now 5 years later, Alissa is in trouble and Christopher is asked to help. As soon as they reconnect, years of emotions come to surface, both realizing they never
Alex ♈

I clicked 4 out of respect for soldiers.
Catarina
4 Mended Stars

If you’ve read the original “Men of Honor” series, you remember Christopher from Faith and Cade’s book. Well, I loved the series and so when the crossover series was released I was anxiously waiting for Christopher and Alissa’s book. They were high school sweethearts and were completely in love when they were young. But things went wrong and their lives went in different ways, Christopher to the military, Alissa on her way to become a nurse. Now they meet again when Alissa’s life
Bev
A sweet second (or is that third chance?) romance. So glad Christopher got his long overdue happy and to a better place in his life, even though I wanted to shake him at times.
SinfulSoul_
Jan 02, 2017 marked it as to-read
Me (inside): Let's read these 2 chapters, babe. What can go wrong...
Me (outside): You are right. Only few more months of waiting.

A few minutes later:

I do not know where or how. I need Christopher and Alissa story like my next breath! I cannot wait. Dear K.C.Lynn have a mercy on my heart ;)
Abbey's 1 Click Book Blog
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another 5 star read from KC Lynn, but if we are honest here - was there any doubt that she wouldn't deliver an amazing story, after she continues to do so, time and time again.

I couldn't imagine the heart ache KC went through writing this book, penning all the emotion into her words to do his and Alissa story justice. I finished reading at 2.30am, in tears. Both sad and happy tears, my body experiencing all the different highs that only this author's work can seem to activate in me. Crying with
Polly
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've been waiting for this book since we first met Christopher. I knew he had the ability to be broody and alpha. That's pretty much right up my alley.

Christopher had a rough upbringing along with his sister Ruthie (fav kid ever) until they were taken in by Faith (previous book). He had seen the worst of life but had a heart of gold.

Alissa had a normal upbringing but her mom was a meddling bitch.

These two were high school sweethearts. We get flashbacks of how they met and it was so freaking s
Theresa
5 Courageous, Brave, Beautiful Stars...I absolutely loved this book from start to finish...I was eagerly awaiting Christopher's and Alissa's story...we meet both of them in the third "Men of Honor Book" (Cade's Story) when they are teenagers...We find them again in this story after a separation, both physical and emotional, of five years...traumatic circumstances lead them back into one another's lives, but the years of separation have brought about emotional and mental obstacles that need to be ...more
Amy
ALL. THE. STARS.

"Mama says there's always something to smile about, you just have to find it."

"Whether it was playing the drums or strumming the guitar, he always took me to a sacred place with him. A place he never shared with anyone else but me."

"The taste of her burns within my blood, reminding me of our past. One we shared. One I lost. And everything I want to take back."

"Even heroes have the right to bleed."

Read it with tissues, a glass of wine and a box of chocolate they said. But, even th
Meghann Martin
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have read every single one of Author KC Lynn's books. She writes amazing, give you feels, emotional stories that are life. An Act of Courage I think , though ,is her best yet and that's saying a lot.

You meet Christopher and Alissa in Resisting Temptation. You learn about there characters and absolutely fall in love with them then. They were in love with each other then but circumstances tore them apart leaving them heart broken.

Fast forward a few years, Christopher has followed in his stepfath
Becca - ✭Little Red Reading Hood✭
description

Sorry in advance, guys, but this book broke my heart into a million pieces. It’s always hard do write a review after I’ve read a book by K.C. Lynn. But this time, it’s almost impossible. She always grabs me by the heart. But this book…yeah, I’m really sorry, but I don’t think anything coherent will come out from my mouth.

description

I knew Christopher and Alissa’s story will take me to a ride ont hat emotional roller coaster but I never seen that kind of a ride coming. And this is why I adore K.C. Lynn’s wo
Lizzie_Loves_Books
Shelves: arc
I received a copy of An Act Of Courage by KC Lynn via the PR company in exchange for an unbiased and honest review.

Everyone that knows me knows that I love KC Lynn, I have read all her books so far and I love them BUT this book is the best she has EVER written. I honestly thought it would be impossible to top all the wonderfully beautiful written stories she has written but An Act Of Courage in my opinion is the best so far.

Back in Resisting Temptation I meet a young boy named Christopher and w
Laura Johnson
This whole entire series has been a journey I have been happy to be on. Every story has been satisfying to read. You go through so many emotions but it is worth every single second! The H is so strong but yet so courageous. He was swoon worthy as well as heartbreaking. The h was just the perfect girl for him. Independent, strong, smart and courageous herself! Enjoyed the read. So happy to see all of the Men of Honor crew and their loved ones.
Phyl
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You know those authors you love and you're waiting to read their latest work of art and then you do and you can not grasp how good the book is, you wonder how is this person such a genius. Seriously Ah-friggen-mazing, that's what this book is, loved loved loved it. You are always guaranteed an exceptional read from KC. (I had great but the word wasn't enough) She pulls at your heart string, how do you write something so tragic, emotional and beautiful all at the same time then you're crying your ...more
Lily Garcia
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm so happy I finally got to read Christopher and Alyssa's book<3 This series and spin-off series could go on and on forever and I wouldn't hesitate to pre-order/one-click because it is so amazing; One of my favorites ever and I can't wait for more! It is because of books like this that KC Lynn remains one of my favorite authors ever! If you have not read any of her books, you are seriously missing out!
Kerry Fletcher
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You know those reviews where the person pretends their not biased and that they don't love the hell outta the author? Yeah this is not gonna be one of those! OMG Every damn time! All the feels!!

Finally we get Christopher!!

If you've read the series i think like me you will have been waiting for this one. This is Christopher from Resisting Temptation.

Christopher gives up the love of his life, Alissa, to join the Navy and to allow her to pursue her dreams. After 5 years apart Christopher is back
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
Star Rating: 5 stars

Damn it how am I going to be able to do this review...

okay deep breath, here we go.

You know that feeling you get when something affects you so deep inside your soul that it just leaks from the spaces that give you the ability to see it. I experienced so much with this book and then some.

I knew deep down this book would come to mean so much to me just like Resisting Temptation has when we meet Christopher and Ruthie. I am over the moon with emotions right now, I may have tears
★♡Tamara♡★
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"5 even heroes have the right to bleed stars"

K.C Lynns books are like fine wine, they get better as they age, i was literally blown away by An Act of Courage. I didn't expect all the feels with this one, happiness, sadness and some laughs. You can feel Christopher's emotions and struggles bleeding through the pages of the book as you become captivated by yet another fabulous read! The strength and courage both Alissa & Christopher show throughout this whole book is REAL! one thing i love abo
Devika
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 "my anchor, my light, my salvation in the night".......omg i loved this book! this is right there with the men of honer series...excellent!
K.C. Lynn is a small town girl living in Western Canada. She grew up in a family of four children—two sisters and a brother. Her mother was the lady who baked homemade goods for everyone on the street and her father was a respected man who worked in the RCMP. He’s since retired and now works for the criminal justice system. This being one of the things that inspires K.C. to write romantic suspense ...more
More about K.C. Lynn

Acts of Honor (4 books)
  • An Act of Redemption (Acts of Honor, #1)
  • An Act of Salvation (Acts of Honor, #2)
  • An Act of Obsession (Acts of Honor, #3)
“if they have harmed one hair on her body, their blood will be shed and I will fucking bathe in it.” 2 likes