Start by marking “Ice Wolf (Arctic Brotherhood, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ice Wolf (Arctic Brotherhood, #1)

Ice Wolf (Arctic Brotherhood #1)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  140 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
They are the Arctic Brotherhood.

They are deadly fighters, fierce protectors and loyal mates.

Elliott Wilder is a mild mannered Alaskan college professor. Wilder craves the things most people find boring. Seclusion. Monotony. Anonymity. But what Wilder craves most of all is the thing he can’t have… memory loss. Four hundred years ago, Wilder and the other members of the Arct
Published March 7th 2017 by Macmillan

To ask other readers questions about Ice Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ice Wolf

Elaine
Events which occurred four hundred years ago had a dramatic impact on Elliott Wilder. He’s an Arctic wolf, one of seven members of the Arctic Brotherhood whose role is to protect werewolves. Four hundred years ago, he and the other members of the Brotherhood were captured and tortured by Siberian wolves. When the leader of the Brotherhood was almost murdered, Elliott blamed himself for not protecting their leader. He’s become a lone wolf, currently working as a college professor in Alaska, one w ...more
Kate's Corner

Elliott Wilder has been living a life of solitude. He is the eccentric, a hot loner, grumpy professor at the university. Since that one incident four hundred years ago he has been suffering with PTSD ever since. He doesn’t want to get involved with anything violent anymore but an arch nemesis of his is back and it looks like he has no choice. An old friend pays him a visit to inform him of what is at stake. Elliott doesn’t take to well to it.

I wasn’t too sure about Elliot to begin with, he seem
Christina
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars - 4 Flames

This was a good start to an interesting series. But first.....let's just admire that cover, shall we...sigh

Elliott Wilder, never referred to as Elliott, is an Arcic Wolf. He's hot as sin, with that amazing body and dreamy eyes and is old as hell. Yep, he's well over four hundred years old. Thank goodness he doesn't actually age. Four hundred years ago, Wilder was directly involved in taking down a Siberian Wolf who was out to destroy the Arctic race. Now, it seems as though
Adrianne
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
***4 Arctic Stars***

***ARC kindly provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review***

If you are looking for your typical paranormal romance, with the emphasis on romance, this story might not be for you. It definitely wasn’t what I expected. Looking at the cover, and reading the blurb I thought this will be a hot read with some shifter steamy love making, alpha male, you know the usual stuff.

Ice Wolf is more about the background story, Norse mythology to be exact. There is definitely more
Cassandra
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
My Thoughts - 4 out of 5 Unicorns - I really liked it!!!
***I choose what I read and review based on what intrigues me!! I bought this book, but no one tells me what to think, feel, or write about any book! I have already bought the next book too!

The cover is great because it is my favorite style having both beasts on the cover!

This is the first book in the series, and also my first time reading Jane’s work! This is for adults only due to the steamy content.

I love this new world and how it is ti
Lorna
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
(RabidReads.com)I am always up for a good werewolf romance so when I got the chance to read this book recently, I was totally on board with it. I’ve said it before and I will say it again, there’s just so many werewolf romances to be had out there, so one has to really stand out for me to like it. This one had a different premise and world building, so it had that going for it from the get go. That being said, it did have a problem.

Arctic wolves are different in that they have to have the midnig
Karen Roma
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
My first read by Ms Godman was a gripping PNR, packed with danger, intrigue and scorching passion that exploded off the pages. This series guarantees to keep readers coming back for more!
Angel Hatfield
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Arctic werewolves could only shift or be killed during the light of the midnight son. The midnight son called to the arctic werewolves like the moon called to other werewolves. Gunner was the alpha of the arctic werewolves and Santin of the Siberian werewolves was the alpha and enemy of the Arctic wolves. Santin went after Gunner with a silver knife but Elliott jumped on his back and Gunner’s hand was the only thing affected. Elliott Wilder was a professor at the University of Alaska. Elliott kn ...more
DelAnne Frazee
ASIN: B01N784P7K
Reviewed For NetGalley and St. Martin's Press
Reviewer: DelAnne
Rating: 4.25 Stars

They are the Arctic Brotherhood.

They are deadly fighters, fierce protectors and loyal mates.

Barb Lie
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ice Wolf by Jane Godman is the 1st book in her Arctic Brotherhood series. This is a shifter series, with a new ancient species of Arctic werewolves, who are part of the 7 members of the Brotherhood of the Midnight Sun. The story begins 400 hundred years earlier, when the Siberian wolves were about to destroy the Arctic wolves; but at the last minute, the newest member of the Arctic Brotherhood managed to save his leader. Switch to the present time, and we meet Elliot Wilder, a professor who is a ...more
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy:

ICE WOLF suffers from having both too much information and not enough. It’s rare to want a book to cut back on the world building and just focus on the love story. Elliott Wilder is a member of the Arctic Brotherhood, an elite fighting team with only seven members. He’s tried to completely remove himself from the werewolf lifestyle. But when an old adversary escapes from prison, both he and newcomer Jenny Piper join the Brotherhood to stop the threat.
Tricia (McAllister) Houseman
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Yea I have a thing about supernatural or paranormal books … to me they are thrilling and entertaining. Whether they are horror type or not, they take you out of this world and into another.

This begins with Gunner, the once leader of the “Brotherhood of the Midnight Sun,” trying to pull Elliott Wilder back into the the brotherhood for another fight. But Elliot wants the seclusion & anonymity he has being a college professor.
Problem with this simple idea? The Siberian Wolf that tortured them
Julianna
Feb 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-s
Ice Wolf is the first installment of the Arctic Brotherhood series by Jane Godman.

Elliot Wilder is part of an ancient and unique breed of shape-shifters wolfs, but he doesn’t like living in a pack. Instead he finds calm and happiness in his own little world when he’s not teaching at the University of Alaska. For over a hundred years, Elliot has witnessed events that he’s rather forget, but with his traits he’ll never be able too. But his world is about to grow in population when he meets Jenny.
Amanda
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this book as an ARC from NetGalley. This is the first time I have tried this author. It is the first book in a series and what caught my eye was the cover. After the cover caught my eye, I decided to read the description which interested me enough to try it. I must say I am very happy I chose to read this book. I look forward to continuing with the rest of the series.

The characters are well developed and the plot is intriguing. It was a fast paced book that went quickly. While some pa
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

I freely admit that Shifter Romance has become my first love in the reading world. It’s always a delight to me, personally, when I discover a new author in the genre, especially when her slant on the lore of shifters has such a unique touch to it. While I devoured both Ice Wolf and Shadow Wolf, I am certainly looking forward to more in this series, and from it’s author Jane Goodman.

Elliot is a wounded soul. In his long life he has faced many things, seen the worst th
Teressa
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Received an ARC from Netgalley.

There are a lot of plot holes in this story. Also, the action/fight scenes have a lot of build-up, but then are anticlimactic. It results in a disappointing feeling. And, why are there 2 evil villains to fight and destroy? There's so much build-up around Santin and then the fight comes and it's just... oh. Okay. That was pointless. And then the next bad guy gets all this build up and then it's all.... okay, really? They just defeated the most evil and powerful wer
Shirley
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
description

I love werewolf stories and this was a delightful new take on the theme. I loved the brotherhood. Their loyalty to each other and their friendship made this story stand out for me. The characters were well-rounded, the story strong and I enjoyed the mix of werewolf lore, contemporary romance and Norse legend.

Thrilled to have found a new-to-me author and a new series.

Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Reviewers Note: Reviewing for Cocktails and Books, I was gifted a copy in exchange for an honest review.

4 Stars!
“I was pleasantly surprised by this read. With fluid writing and a unique take on the lore, “Ice Wolf” takes the legends of werewolves on an exciting new journey .... I did think the climax was lacking a bit ... [But] All in all, it was a great read.” - Hazel w/Craves the Angst, Reviewing for Cocktails and Books

Read Full Review at Cocktails and Books
Handcrafted Librarian
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
An interesting concept of shifter wolves. I love how Jane Goodman wrapped her novels into the Nordic mythology history and the concept of Arctic Werewolves was also interesting. A bit of the logic behind Arctic wolves was baffling, but I think mostly because I've never heard of the concept of the midnight sun. I did really like Elliot and Jenny even though Jenny's character was bit underdeveloped and rushed. Elliot and the Brotherhood seemed to be the driving focus of the novel and were excellen ...more
Angela
Recommended to Angela by: Netgalley
A different take on the wolf shifter genre. I was quite impressed with this book and I'm getting ready to start the second book. I liked Wilder a lot. To see his growth from loner wolf who didn't seem so sure of himself to a pretty decent alpha male was an exciting journey. I think it was Jenny believing in him to bring it out of him. Really happy with this book.

Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC.
Gloriamarie
I gave this three stars because it is so short. Also because the world-building left things out. After all, the Artic Brotherhood are hundreds of years old. How do they stay hidden from discovery?

Other than that, I enjoyed it. Enjoyable characters, interesting plot, and I do love shape-shifters.
Nicole Normand
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy from NetGalley; this is my honest review.
This is a Steamy Wolf Shifters Fantasy Romantic Suspense.

Steamy: there are a lot of great sex scenes in this book.

Fantasy: over-the-top unrealistic, save the world kind of story.

Wolf Shifters: even though we didn't see them all in action, the author created a variety of wolf shifters, with assorted skills and weaknesses - interesting.

Rom Susp: lots of suspense, not many places to curl up and read in peace; no sirree; it's packed wit
Tracie Runge
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgally
Ice Wolf is the first book I have read by Jane Godman and I loved it. The storyline is captivating and the characters intriguing. I look forward to reading more by this author and would recommend this book
Solveig
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was a very pleasant surprise. I like the mythology and world building very much, and the characters and fast paced action very satisfying. diving into the next one right now.
Avey Shannon
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mythology and Shifters – a perfect combination. Look forward to the next book in this enjoyable and exciting "Artic Brotherhood" series by Jane Godman.
Angela
3 1/2 - 4 stars

This was an exciting, highly entertaining, romantic suspense that I really enjoyed. There was a lot of action, mystery, intense situations, and suspense that kept the pages turning. The complex characters, intriguing storyline, humorous banter, and the steamy chemistry all made for a fantastic read. This was a great beginning to this series, and I can't wait to start the next book.

As much as I enjoyed this book, there were a few things that didn't work for me. The build up of hunt
Paula
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ice Wolf is the first book I have read by Jane Godman. The exciting beginning hooked me into the story even though I figured it would switch to the present soon. It is a clear good versus evil kind of story with a few twists thrown in for good measure. The idea of wolf shifters being from different areas with their different traits and physical appearances is not original but Ms. Godman gave this a fresh approach which I enjoyed.

The writing and plot is strong; I was liked the extra insight such
Linda Rea
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wilder is trying to be boring and dull because 400 years ago he lost his friends hand in a battle with Santin the Siberian wolf. Santin is back for revenge and being imprisoned for all that helped him not to be fooled again. Jenny had just dropped Wilder off when he was attacked but when she got home she had a man come to door and introduce himself as Gunnar. Gunnar seems to know that Wilder is in trouble and he and Jenny go to him but Santin takes off and almost hurts a mother and child. When t ...more
Ann
Mar 06, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a nice start to this werewolf series. (Arctic Brotherhood). The Arctic Brotherhood started 400 years ago when they were captured and imprisoned by a wolf that held them captive and tortured them. When they used the last of their strength and courage to revolt and imprison him the Brotherhood vowed to keep the world safe from the Siberian terror. Now he is loose and threatening humankind. Elliot is reluctant to leave his safe and obscure life in Alaska but Jenny is a powerful incentive. T ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: No page count 2 8 Mar 18, 2017 11:54AM
JANE GODMAN worked in a variety of shops, bars, and offices before settling into a career as a teacher. She was born in Scotland and has lived in Germany, Wales, Malta, South Africa, and England. Home is now the Wirral, a beautiful English peninsula situated between Wales and Liverpool.

Jane still gets the urge to travel, although these days she tends to head for a Spanish beach, or a European cit

Arctic Brotherhood (6 books)
  • Shadow Wolf (Arctic Brotherhood, #2)
  • Storm Wolf (Arctic Brotherhood, #3)
  • Wolf Slayer (Arctic Brotherhood, #4)
  • Wolf Hunter (Arctic Brotherhood, #5)
  • Wolf Leader (Arctic Brotherhood, #6)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • The End of the Affair
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)