Start by marking “I've Got Feet!: Fantastical Feet of the Animal World” as Want to Read:
I've Got Feet!: Fantastical Feet of the Animal World

I've Got Feet!: Fantastical Feet of the Animal World

Animals around the world describe unique features of their feet and how they use them. From webbed feet to sticky feet, hooved feet to bright blue feet, young readers are introduced to animal adaptions in this nonfiction picture book.
Published August 15th 2017 by Amicus Ink

To ask other readers questions about I've Got Feet!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I've Got Feet!

Betsyj
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This understated book hits just the right note. The apt one-line descriptions capture something essential about the animals depicted and the variety of claws, paws, fins, flippers and hooves found on planet Earth. Julie Murphy’s deceptively simple prose enlightens while it entertains. We learn that cheetah feet have claws that “grip the ground even better than soccer shoes” and that great horned owl feet can “snatch up skunks, which are almost three times heavier than the owl!”

The illustrations
Rebecca
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Would be an excellent story time read!
Elizabeth
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Would be a good non-fiction storytime read.
Karen
Jul 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book
Animals have all kinds of feet that are adapted to help them in their particular habitat. Webbed feet help to propel ducks through the water. Koala feet with long claws help them to stay in branches while they sleep. Bright blue booby feet attract a mate! Cheetah's feet are fast and bighorn sheep's hooves hold them to high ground. The last page asks the reader what their feet can do.

Good non-fiction picture book that teaches little readers about feet. Feet are an unusual topic but it's amazing t
Elizabeth S
Yup, animals have feet. And they use them for many different things. And the feet are adapted to help the animals with those different things. Mother Nature, evolution, and God are all brilliant about that.
Rachel
Fun facts about animal feet, like the comparisons used to make the facts understandable, the illustrations are childlike and fun.
Christina
Feb 19, 2019
Jacqueline Asay
#14 (information 1/2) A book about different animals and what their feet can do. I like it because it focuses on similarities rather than differences. Could lead to a class book on what children’s feet like to do.
Leah
Oct 27, 2017
Becky
Dec 19, 2017
Teacher's Guide for I've Got Feet! 1 1 Sep 01, 2017 06:02PM
I am an Australian children's writer trained in Zoology. I was also a zookeeper for 10 years. My earliest professional writing consisted of scientific articles. Then I branched out to the occasional magazine article about pets and travel. Now I focus solely on children's fiction and non fiction.
My work includes picture books and information books, poems and short stories. I am internationally publ