Start by marking “Not Drunk Enough, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Not Drunk Enough, Vol. 1

Not Drunk Enough, Vol. 1

(Not Drunk Enough #1)

Logan is a repairman in the wrong place at the wrong time—which is a creepy corporate lab in the middle of the night. After fighting off a freaky creature, he joins forces with three other poor souls trapped inside the building. Who are they? What are they doing here? What the hell is going on? And will any of them get out alive? The first in a brand new series from the mi ...more
Published July 18th 2017 by Oni Press

To ask other readers questions about Not Drunk Enough, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Drunk Enough, Vol. 1

Start your review of Not Drunk Enough, Vol. 1
David Schaafsma
An arresting title, yes? I thought so, too. I read it, a kickstarter first volume (yay) by Stone, who says she's a fan of comedy, horror, and really bright colors. Check, check, and check in Not Drunk Enough (which might point to the comedy interest, as a title?) Also, you've heard of silent or wordless graphic novels? This is the opposite of that, not in that there are too many words, but because it is LOUD in every respect, splashy, angular, colorful, lots of action. It is really neither scary ...more
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Stellar. Really really good. I read it in one sitting, the pages demanded to be turned. Amazing storytelling and fantastic use of the comic medium. I especially love the character designs and the colors. Really high recommend to anyone who enjoys a bit of horror.
Arnela
I'm not blindly clinging to Tess Stone's works as a way to fill the empty void in my heart left behind by Hanna is Not a Boy's Name. This story is really good! I promise [do I still sound bitter about HiNaBN, because I will die bitter about HiNaBN]

Admittedly I was first attracted to this series because it was something New from Tess and I needed to rebound to something after the loss, and the bright saturated colors and dynamic angles are very reminiscent of his previous work. But I gave it a ch
Jessica
Amusing, but not laugh out loud funny. Not scary, either. Granted, I probably wasn't in the right mood for it. The storyline was interesting enough, though it seemed a bit contrived. I liked it enough that I'd be interested in reading volume 2. I should have loved this book. Levity in the face of horror is my kind of thing! There were several parts that got a smirk out of me, nothing that even came close to creeping me out--I may have a high tolerance for that--and I didn't really care about any ...more
Kerri
I'm not a comic book fan, but I am doing a reading challenge and one of the tasks is to read a comic written and illustrated by the same person (another challenge has a task to read a book with song lyrics in the title; this comic worked for that, too). Of the few comics that I have read for these challenges, this one is the first that I liked well enough to consider reading the next volume. The story was slightly scary, often funny, and very engaging. I read it quickly and that is no small thin ...more
Fraser Sherman
2.5. Buffyesque in tone, this has an electrician discover the corporate offices he's come to repair are crawling with monsters, and he and a handful of others must work together to get out, or at least stop the monsters. It starts off well but somewhere along the way I just lost interest. Part of it was that I had trouble following the action in the action scenes.
Theresa
I received a complimentary copy at BEA 2017. While the art is very good, the story was not as funny as promised. Mad scientists, a genetically engineered Little Shop of Horrors plant virus, and a random group of survivors fighting for their lives all round out the story. However, too many characters and an interwoven backstory made this hard to follow.
Tams
Jul 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I want to like this, and maybe the second book is better since the character names are out of the way. I felt it was a bit contrived, I like the concept though, so maybe I'll check out the second one. I like the artwork, it wasn't laugh out loud funny, or very scary, but I do like the internals of it.
Alisha
Sep 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
A bit confusing, felt like there were time jumps at page turns. I liked how the characters were introduced with little blurbs (for example: Name, "Self-Important CEO + Asshole, Fave Drink: Wine You Can't Afford, Greatest Fear: ...") but other than that it didn't catch my interest. Also, the title hardly has any relevance other than in the character blurbs.
Maggie
Oct 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Enjoyed it by the end, when it felt as though a story was actually forming, but the artwork and character arcs were a bit too convoluted for me. Although the artwork was beautiful, it was extremely difficult to follow during action scenes. Just a jumbled mess. Fresh & fun story, just not my favorite overall. ...more
Sam Wade
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is really good! No, really, it's r e a l l y good. Visceral, electrifying art grabs hold of your gut and pulls you into a meaty, grisly-rich story, and the rest is a mad scramble of horrifying snarky monsters, snarky humans (?), and a whole lot of blood; best served while drinking.
Olivia
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very fun romp into body horror due to a mad scientist, with plenty of humor and enjoyable characters mixed in. Not Drunk Enough made me laugh, delighted me with it's gorgeous illustrations and awesome color choices, and made me super attached to the characters. I can't wait to read more!
Sabrina Hall
I read a glowing review of this book on a best-of-2017 list, and while I liked the bright, chaotic art style, I didn't find it as funny as the reviewer, and didn't find the story very compelling either. It may get better as the series goes on, but I'm not sure it's my cup of tea.
Kendal
Sep 10, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5

The action is a little muddy and hard to follow but I like the idea
Hannah Collins
Jul 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror, humor
The art kind of reminded me of Scott Pilgrim, except with more violence and monsters.
Bryce Wilson
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Decent piece of Blue Collar horror ala Sam Raimi or John Dies At The End. Good if you like this sort of thing.

I really like this sort of thing.
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Solid comedy horror.
Sai Rahul Poruri
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A 4 star rating g especially because of the colour palette that is used to create bright and striking art.
Trevor Durham
Jan 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Absolutely GORGEOUS graphic novel series, though the plot and characters are a bit lackluster to the artistic journey. I hope the follow up is even stronger.
Zaji
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was funny! I definitely found myself laughing out loud at some points. For me it was more comedy than horror, but the spooky aspects were great, too.
Fantus
This was really fun!!! To say I enjoyed it would not be enough. Wow...very fresh and new!!!
Kia
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. Not side splittingly funny, and the plot is a bit generic. I still really enjoyed it & read it in one sitting. I can't wait to get my hands on the next volume. ...more
Dax
Apr 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The art style in this is amazing!It's super dark and twisted and just glorious. The story bounces a bit but it will be interesting to see where they go from here.
Nell
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was weird and creepy and I kind of loved it.
Brittany
The book is designed beautifully, but the story and art weren't my favorite.
Gretchen
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely ADORED this. The art is really unique, the story is interesting (and my favorite style of dark humor), and the characters are fun.
Wilbert Bishop
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
krad
Sep 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sequential-art
Punky-horror comic about monsters and a fiesty group of misfits AND with some top-tier art - what's not to love? Definitely one to put on the webcomics shortlist.
Bret Armstrong

• The Great North Wood
  • Bitter Root, Vol. 1: Family Business
  • A Black Women's History of the United States
  • Anatomy of Melancholy: The Best of A Softer World
  • The End of Everything (Astrophysically Speaking)
  • Snapdragon
  • Some Kind of Happiness
  • A Monk's Guide to a Clean House and Mind
  • THE GOOD FIGHT: A Peaceful Stand Against Bigotry and Racism
  • Vanessa Yu's Magical Paris Tea Shop
  • The Most Beautiful Thing
  • Felix Ever After
  • Wade in the Water: Poems
  • Lobizona (Wolves of No World, #1)
  • A Honeybee Heart Has Five Openings
Artist. Writer. Draws all sorts of nonsense, varying from horror to bubblegum romance. It's kinda gross.

Not Drunk Enough (2 books)
  • Not Drunk Enough, Vol. 2 (Not Drunk Enough, #2)