Start by marking “Stitch Camp: 18 Crafty Projects for Kids & Tweens” as Want to Read:
Stitch Camp: 18 Crafty Projects for Kids & Tweens

Stitch Camp: 18 Crafty Projects for Kids & Tweens

Writtten with a little bit of sass that will appeal to 9- to 14-year-olds, Stitch Camp introduces kids to fiber crafts in a way that not only promises success in the present, but opens the potential for a passion for creating that will last a lifetime. Each of the six chapters focuses on a different fiber craft (sewing, embroidery, crochet, felting, knitting, and weaving ...more
Published October 17th 2017 by Storey Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Stitch Camp, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stitch Camp

Mehsi
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

I am a big fan of crafts, and I am always looking around to find new things to create, to make. So I just had to try out this book when I saw it up on Netgalley.

Haha, yep, I definitely agree with the Introduction. Fiber for Kids doesn’t sound like a book about crafts, it indeed sounds more like a book about cereal. :P

There are 6 chapters (Sew, Embroider, Felt, Knit, Crotchet, Weave) in total, and while you can just skip ahead to
Jodi
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
We LOVE LOVE LOVED this book! We borrowed it from the library to see if it was any good, and actually read through almost all of it and decided we must purchase it! It has lots of neat projects and good instructions. Can't wait to get it and get started!
Marie Segares
Stitch Camp: 18 Crafty Projects for Kids & Tweens – Learn 6 All-Time Favorite Skills: Sew, Knit, Crochet, Felt, Embroider & Weave by Nicole Blum and Catherine Newman is a book designed to inspire a love of creativity in kids. Focusing on six fiber crafts (sewing, embroidery, felting, knitting, crochet, and weaving), the book shares vibrant and detailed photo tutorials and simple yet fun projects that kids will love.

In Introduction: Get Ready, the authors open by sharing some of the scien
Meghan
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I like crafts. I like crafts so much so that our linen closet has never been a linen closet -- it's our craft cupboard. (The joy I felt when my daughter's friend came over, opened the cupboard up with a Woah knows no bounds.) My dream job is to craft all day (with kids) and then do some math/programming with them and then some more crafting.

And so, I'm getting into reading some crafting books. I requested this one to get some ideas for Brownies, as well as ideas to do with my daughter. I think s
Eve beinguniquebooks
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun and nature set picturesque themed book around the craft of sewing and creating your own fun projects based around the ideas presented in the book. Of which, there are a mix of ideas to create for both boys and girls to try.

There are basic tips included to help even very beginners get started and try and have a go too with clear and concise information set to simple, effective diagrams and clear shot photographs.

The projects are fun, with beanbag toys, useful ideas for everyday use
Bridgett
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I recently received this book for review from the publisher.

Let me start off by saying I love books like this. Something that helps us to pass on the crafts and teach the next generation. I collected the Better Home and Garden Needle craft books for a while. The projects being so wonderfully outdated in the ones from the 70's.
Stitch Camp is a wonderfully updated version of these vintage books. The projects are simple, but teach the basics of six different needle arts. Sewing, Knitting, Crochet,
Vanessa
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-x
Professional Reader

Thank you for Netgalley for letting me read and review Stitch Camp: Sew, Embroider, Felt, Knit, Crochet, and Weave! 6 Cool Crafts to Learn and Make by Nicole Blum for an honest review.

What a fun book this is and will appeal to both sexes, age 9- to 14-year-olds, or even younger with supervision. There are fun and great projects to make especially as you can wear some of these you have made or you can give them as special gifts, i.e. bracelets, necklaces, winter hand warmers, Mobile phone holders
Ryan
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really like this book and the way it is laid out. It focuses on six types of stitch art, sewing, crocheting, knitting, felting, weaving, and embroidering. Each has simple instructions, and simple projects. What makes this book unique is that in the suggested materials at the front it tells you that materials will be discussed by project, but that you may need youtube videos, this book, and even other books, or friends. Plus, it also tells someone that sometimes no matter how well you do, you j ...more
Mary
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for beginning sewers but is also great for experienced ones looking for a new skill to learn or new projects. As the title suggests these sewing projects are ones many of us learned at camp when we were kids. They are handmade projects made with materials many people already have on hand. I borrowed the book from my library but intend to buy my own copy to share with my grandchildren and for personal use. Highly recommended!
Amberwench
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A variety of projects for the true beginner that can be easily adapted for any age. Complete tutorials and realistic photos representing what the maker might have when they are finished with each project. A fantastic resource for the self-taught or as a sleep-over DIY party event.
Megan
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Stitch Camp is a beginner's guide for hand sewing, embroidery, and similar projects. The directions are clear and the projects are simple. I especially like the embroidery projects. I received an ARC from NetGalley.
June Jacobs
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Before I begin my review, I would like to disclose that I have had three of my original sewing designs published in two different 'One Yard Wonders' sewing books which were both published by Storey Publishing. When I borrowed this book, 'Stitch Camp', from the local public library last December I knew I wanted to feature it on my upcoming blog because it was just perfect for middle-graders, tweens, and teens!

I subsequently contacted the publicist at Storey with whom I had worked on promoting th
Kim Luke
May 23, 2018
Davianna
Dec 05, 2017 added it
Shelves: netgalley
A nice easy to follow book on fiber crafts including sewing, knitting, & embroidery. The photos were nice and the instructions were clear. I loved the projects and I can definitely see children being able to do them by themselves.
I recommend this book for ages 8 & up