Start by marking “Case of the Fleet-Footed Mummy” as Want to Read:
Case of the Fleet-Footed Mummy

Case of the Fleet-Footed Mummy

(Corgi Case Files #2)

When a traveling Egyptian exhibit stops in picturesque Pomme Valley, all hell breaks loose when a valuable artifact is stolen and a dead body turns up in an unexpected location. The prime suspect has already been identified but there's a catch: he's over 3,000 years old! Pomme Valley's newest crime fighting crusaders are on the case with Sherlock, new pack mate Watson, and ...more
Paperback
Published November 1st 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Case of the Fleet-Footed Mummy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Case of the Fleet-Footed Mummy

Amanda Barrow
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sort of modern day twist on the Famous Five books, except instead of 'Timmy' we have the mis-adventures of two rather delightful corgis....

Entertaining book for a dreary rainy day Saturday afternoon, best served with hot toasted crumpets and lashings of tea..

Norma
( Format : Audiobook )
"Dude, someone stole our pendant."
When Zach Anderson inherited an house and vineyard in Pomme Valley, he found himself accused of robbery and murder but a recent and reluctantly acquired corgi helped prove his innocence and led to a friendship with Vance, one of the local police. He named the dog Sherlock. Now, having endeared himself to the residents of the small town by throwing a party and plying the guests with bottles of wine from his store (ironically, he does not l
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is book 2 of the series "Corgi Case Files." I have not read the first book. This is a stand alone story, although there are mentions of events that occurred in the first book [spoiler alert - if you have not read the first book, the solution to the case is mentioned in the second book].

This cozy mystery book has a lot of humor and charm. What a fun and quick read!

Sherlock and Watson, two corgis - one with a severe gas pro
FangirlNation
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In The Case of the Fleet-Footed Mummy by Jeffery M. Poole, Zach goes to the formal opening night of an Egyptian exhibition at the high school in Pomme Valley, Oregon, which Tori, the wife of his police detective friend, Vance, has worked very hard to bring to her school. Exploring the exhibits with his lady friend, Jillian, Zach is relieved not to see a mummy among the artifacts, as he has a fear of mummies. But then Dr. Tarik, the Egyptian specialist in charge of the exhibition, announces his s ...more
Jan
Great fun! Sherlock the corgi, Zack the dog lover, and Watson the new addition help the local authorities with a really messy case involving theft from a traveling museum exhibition from Egypt. The mystery is well done and no spoilers here, but there's lots of twists and red herrings as well as a lot of laughs! And take my word for it, the characters certainly are!
Bob Johnson gives the narration just the right spin to make the story even more enjoyable!
I requested and received a free audio cop
Jane
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When a priceless artifact from an Egyptology exhibit goes missing, Zack and his Corgis Sherlock and Watson are coerced to help the local police solve the case.
This is one of those adorable, pet detective stories you just can't help but love. It offers a little romance, a lot of small town flavour and, of course, those adorable Corgis.
This is the second book in the series but it stands well on it's own and is well worth your time if you're a cozy mystery fan.
Kimberly Underwood
I love this series!

The first Corgi Case book was great and this one did not disappoint. Sherlock is back on the case to solve another mystery with his very likable people along for the ride. I just wish I could live in this charming little town. This is a must read for corgi lovers and cozy mysteries. I hope there are many more adventures to come!
Gay
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book! It is so much fun to tag along with Sherlock and Watson as they as well as their owner, Zach try to solve mysteries. Zach sounds like someone I would love to spend time with. His sense of humor is great. This is the second mystery book I have read of Mr. Poole's and have to say I love it. Great job for making reading fun and interesting.
Linda
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Despite some annoying spelling/grammar errors, I enjoyed this adventure. Zack (Sherlock's human) is as clueless as ever, but Sherlock is on the trail of a missing Egyptian mummy and a priceless Nekhbet pendant which once belonged to King Tut. Things get interesting when Zack, Sherlock, and Deputy Vance Samuelson find a not-so-ancient mummified body in the local corn maze for Halloween ...
Elissa
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Happy Halloween

Anyone who's ever had nightmares from watching a Boris Karloff movie will appreciate this one. No actual horror, but lots of fun as the corgis uncover clues to solve the mystery. Bob Johnson narrates delightfully--he's the perfect voice for our hapless hero.
Deedra
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good cozy mystery. the owner of Sherlock and Watson,2 Corgis that solve mysteries,is invited to an Egyptian exibit.The night goes wrong and their expertise is needed.A fun story. Bob Johnson was a fine narrator.I was given this book by the narrator,author or publisher free for an honest review.
Corgi
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed Case of the Fleet-Footed Mummy by Jeffrey M. Poole.

This is a cozy mystery in which two Corgi's named Sherlock and Watson help their owner, Zack, solve mysteries.

I would highly recommend this book to readers who like: cozy mysteries, stories involving dogs - especially Corgi's.
sheila
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Again

I read the first one. I went and got the second. This one isn't quite as good as the first but still entertaining. Little hints and red herrings. Now I'm on to the third. If you like smart dogs...read this.
Jodie Hill
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic Book!

I love the humor in this series! Fun, light hearted romp, I hope this series continues for a long time to come!
Craig Jr.
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Just as fun as the first book, except perhaps a bit more fun! I mean, who doesn't like mummies? This really is a true mystery that brings you back to your childhood where you escape with Scooby-Doo and gang, except now, you're an adult, but the adventures are just as fun! With lots of quirky humor, and a voice that gets you hooked, along with a fantastic audio book narration, you won't want to put this book down!
David Rowland
Nov 28, 2018
Robin A Bailey
May 17, 2017
Goodreads Librari...: Add new book! 7 21 Dec 14, 2016 09:29PM
Jeffrey M. Poole is a professional writer living in sunny Phoenix, Arizona, with his wife Giliane and their dog Kinsey the corgi. He is the best-selling author of the fantasy series Bakkian Chronicles, Tales of Lentari, and the Corgi Case Files cozy mystery series. He is presently working on his sixth mystery novel and his twelfth fantasy novel.

Jeffrey’s interests include astronomy, archaeology, a

Corgi Case Files (5 books)
  • Case of the One-Eyed Tiger (Corgi Case Files #1)
  • Case of the Holiday Hijinks (Corgi Case Files #3)
  • Case of the Pilfered Pooches (Corgi Case Files #4)
  • Case of the Muffin Murders (Corgi Case Files #5)