Start by marking “The Biggest Story ABC” as Want to Read:
The Biggest Story ABC

The Biggest Story ABC

From Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden to Zion and the new creation world, the Bible is telling one big story—the story of God's promise to deliver his people. Kevin DeYoung, best-selling author of The Biggest Story, has written a new board book to help kids ages 1 to 3 to make connections from Genesis to Revelation and from A to Z. Each page introduces a new letter of ...more
Board Book, 32 pages
Published August 31st 2017 by Crossway Books (first published August 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Biggest Story ABC, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Biggest Story ABC

Start your review of The Biggest Story ABC
Jeanie
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Jesus Wins.

The Christian message told by the ABC's - starting in the Garden with Adam and ending in Zion. The gospel with who God is and what he has done brings your child and you to the Good news. Each letter is given to the gospel and in doing so, your child is learning their ABC's by sight and sound.

With colorful illustrations, it engages a family devotion of redemption.

Will be purchasing these for my grandchildren!

A Special Thank You to Crossway Publishers and Netgalley for the ARC and
Laura (Book Scrounger)
I have not yet read The Biggest Story: How the Snake Crusher Brings Us Back to the Garden, but I would like to get ahold of it at some point, because I really like the idea of learning to view the Bible as "one big story."

But I was excited to see a board book version, because that's about the stage we're at. I really like it. I will say, if you're looking for an alphabet book that's aimed at preschoolers and presents a concrete physical item for each letter, you'll want something else for that
Courtney
Sep 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Pro's - pretty brilliantly covers the basic concept/story of the Bible in 26 pages; illustrations are beautiful and not overly detailed (no clear skin tones, etc).

Con's - while theologically accurate for the most part, there are a couple pages that didn't feel right for me as a KJV studier (examples, God sent gnats in Exodus or that we are headed to Zion). It would be better to read this as a story rather than an ABC study because some of the letters are a bit of a stretch. That being said,
Jennifer Johnson
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The illustrations are beautiful and the story is well written. I read this to my children at a friends house and will definitely be purchasing a copy for our home:)
Jeremy
Behind-the-scenes video (plus preview of entire book) here.

Surely KD could have picked a better word for G than "Gnats."
Jimmy
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a children’s book written by Christian pastor, theological professor and Christian writer Kevin DeYoung. DeYoung is probably better known for his works for an adult Christian general audience. This is what I believe his second children’s book and he brings his writing skill to share biblical truths in a way that is accessible to his specific audience which in this instance is for children ages 1 to 3.

I love how the author wrote this book based upon the ABCs of the English alphabet. For
W. Whalin
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Different & Unusual ABC Board Book

Most ABC board books for small children use the letters of the alphabet to focus on a single word like Apple or Ball. Instead Kevin DeYoung tells the story of creation, the fall of mankind, then the message of the Old Testament melds into the salvation of the world through God sending Jesus Christ. The combination of the focused message is combined with the beautiful illustrations from Don Clark.

Instead of the normal where each letter is focused on a
Becky B
DeYoung walks readers through God's plan for humanity and salvation as outlined in the Bible from Genesis to Revelation by using one sentence phrases that highlight and explain one term that starts (or incorporates for X) the letter of the alphabet.

This is an exemplary work of summarizing the message of the Bible succinctly and doing it chronologically AND alphabetically. There are people who have written entire multi-volume doorstoppers to say what DeYoung says in just 26 sentences. Kids should
Jolyn
I loved "The Biggest Story: How the Snake Crusher Brings Us Back to the Garden" and didn't think you could net the essence of the Bible down to much shorter of a story but Kevin DeYoung has done it with his new book "The Biggest Story ABC Board Book. In 26 phrases he has captured the essence of God's love for his people (us!) and how Jesus not only rescues us from our sins but is our Victor and how we will get to live with him some day.

I recommend this board book for everyone who wants to
Cho Yim
Oct 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Tells a simple story of God and redemption through the alphabet.

But gets minus 1 star because it does not seem easy to teach your kids the ABCs using this book. Each alphabet's page is not pointed enough (for example, X's alphabet page is something along the lines of "And everything was eXcellent again."

Gets another minus star because the illustrations are cool, but not always related to the alphabet itself.

Overall good story and I like the concept of teaching your kids the ABCs and the gospel
Doreen
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautifully simple, theologically sound ABC storybook. The overall story of the Bible is all there and flows smoothly even with the alphabetical constraints. Though geared for children ages 1-3, I think a slightly older child could memorize this book and have a good basic understanding of God’s story. It’s written well and has interesting though somewhat abstract pictures to go with each page.

This is the board book version of “The Biggest Story: How the Snake Crusher Brings Us Back to
Kyle Robertson
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a neat children's book that marches through the Bible, from Creation to Resurrection, with the guidance of the ABCs. There are colorful illustrations that help engage the young reader in the story of the Gospel. I would recommend this book to parents who desire to teach their young children about the Bible in a fun and exciting way. It would be an excellent addition to church libraries and Sunday school classrooms.

I received this as a free ARC from Crossway on NetGalley in exchange for
Deborah
This is the most beautiful Bible alphabet board book I have ever seen. Not your typical "B is for Bible", this book has a message of salvation from creation to Christ, with beautifully colored illustrations that are both classic and modern at the same time. This reads in a very normal and natural way to the child on your lap or in your cradle roll or Bible class. Wonderfully done! This book is a must for church collections, libraries of all kinds - public and book mobiles, and is perfect for ...more
Joshua Reichard
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very encouraging and helpful book! Puts the Bible into perspective for those who are developing their understanding of the English language! I was uplifted by how simple yet profound this book was. While I do not have kids yet I was pushed in the direction to help them learn their alphabet by learning words that relate to Christ and God!
Kevin Bogus
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have used and read a lot of board books. I believe this book to be of a higher quality of material than typical board books. That being said, the book goes through the ABC with a biblical theme. The pictures and each page keep my children engaged and interested throughout the whole book. It has become a favorite of ours and one that we read on a regular basis.
Amy McDaniel
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved how simple this book was and how it uses the ABC’s as a template to chronologically move through the message of the Bible: Jesus wins! It starts in the garden and ends with Zion. I can’t wait to read this to my child one day!!
Jason Stanley
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent board book connecting the learning of the ABCs to the telling of the Biblical narrative. Each sentence is brief, and moves the narrative along. The illustrations from Don Clark and bright and fun.

Read more at http://jasoncstanley.com/book-review-...
WDTurner
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great little board book for story time with very young children. The message is deep enough for older children, but the book would appeal to younger kids and mothers. The content is top notch. It teaches the story of redemption from beginning to end.
Jennifer Strong
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gorgeous illustrations!
Kourtney
Mar 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Very cute concept to share the ABCs with a biblical storyline.
J Layne
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Easy to read. Good book.
Jocelin
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Biblically based ABC primer book. Great illustrations!
Zach McDonald
Apr 08, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Great art work. We loved the original Biggest Story but this seemed almost like an attempt to make more money off the same product. The content is meh.
Daniel
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-bibles
This is an excellent little summary of the major stories and themes of the Bible. Like the longer edition it skips the Passover for some reason. But otherwise it's excellent!
Hannah
I loved how this book told an overview of the Bible using the order of the alphabet! Very creative without sacrificing Biblical truths.
Stacy
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Justin Dixon
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A reminder of how simple the Gospel is. Perfect book to introduce a child to the Gospel of God, starting with Adam and ending with Zion.
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The gospel in the ABC's- appropriate for any age child with fun illustrations
James Shrimpton
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I don't normally put children's books on Goodreads, otherwise I'd have hit 10,000 rereads of "Hide and Seek Playful Pets" and "Slide And See Christmas" by now. But this is very good and helpful.
Liam
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids, 100
Love this! A mini Biblical theology as an ABC book! My 2 year old loves this one! Illustrations are excellent!

• Bible Basics: A Baby Believer Counting Primer
  • Found: Psalm 23
  • Psalms of Praise: A Movement Primer
  • The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name
  • From Eden to Bethlehem: An Animals Primer
  • Let There Be Light: An Opposites Primer
  • God's Very Good Idea: A True Story of God's Delightfully Different Family
  • I Love My Mommy Because...
  • On the Night You Were Born
  • The Gospel Comes with a House Key
  • Dream Big, Little One
  • Competing Spectacles: Treasuring Christ in the Media Age
  • The Napping House
  • I'm Going to Give You a Bear Hug!
  • Why Children Matter
  • Little Owl's Day
  • Love from The Very Hungry Caterpillar
  • Special You
Kevin DeYoung is the Senior Pastor at University Reformed Church (RCA) in East Lansing, Michigan, right across the street from Michigan State University.