Start by marking “The Paris Wedding” as Want to Read:
The Paris Wedding

The Paris Wedding

When is it right to follow your heart? From the plains of rural Australia to Paris, the City of Love, lose yourself in this touching and romantic story by the bestselling author of THE HORSEMAN

Ten years ago, Rachael West chose not to move to Sydney with high-school sweetheart Matthew. Instead she stayed on the family wheat farm, caring for her seriously ill mother and lett
Kindle Edition
Published June 27th 2017 by Hachette Australia (first published June 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Paris Wedding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Paris Wedding

Start your review of The Paris Wedding
Brenda
4.5s

When Rachael West received the richly embossed invitation to Matthew and Bonnie’s wedding, she knew immediately she couldn’t accept. Matthew was the man who had broken her heart ten years prior, when she’d stayed on the family farm to care for her mother instead of joining him in Sydney; and she still carried a torch for him. To see him marry someone else would be all kinds of heartache. But the invitation was for a week-long stay in Paris – all expenses paid; staying in a top of the range
Phrynne
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable read with locations in Australia and in Paris, all very well described. I have to admit to becoming exasperated with Rachael when she appeared to be in love with whichever man was in the room at the time, but she eventually sorted herself out.
Romances are not usually my cup of tea but this one had some depth to it which made it very readable. It was also very well paced and had a degree of suspense ( will she, won't she) which kept the pages turning.
Entertaining and nicely written.
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-books, aww2018
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com
Established Australian rural fiction writer Charlotte Nash ventures further afield with her latest release. The Paris Wedding combines the rich beauty of Paris, with the dusty plains of outback Australia. The Paris Wedding features a strong romantic storyline, offset with a compelling story of self discovery.

Charlotte Nash is one of my favourite rural fiction authors. I have read all four of her previous books, so when I discovered her latest novel
Stephanie
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this title via the publisher. It does not impact my review.

The Paris Wedding was the perfect weekend read. Full of family, love, and self-discovery, I never wanted to put this one down.

Rachael once had plans to go away to school with her boyfriend, Matthew, but when her mother was diagnosed with a rare form of MS, she decided to stay and take care of her. Now that her mother has passed away and she’s feeling adrift, she finds herself longing for Matthew and the future they w
marlin1
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
At 28 years old Rachael had given up the last 10 years of her life to care for her sick mother on their family farm in country NSW. She didn't begrudge those years, she loved her Mum and it was just the two of them but overhearing some women talk at the funeral, makes her realise that she did give up a lot and her first love Matthew. Now, the day after the funeral she receives an invite to Matthew's wedding to a Sydney socialite....in Paris with all expenses paid. Maybe it's time to live a littl ...more
Yodamom
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, won-it
4.5 stars I loved the story, loved the mature attitudes of the characters, and the romance was done right. This was a romance book I could believe and be surprised by. I just finished and miss this little world already. I was pleasantly shocked with the maturity this authors characters showed during some really testing moments. I expected the normal behaviors most books seem to have but no these "people" acted like adults. Amazing, yes ? I will be reading more from this author. I won this book ...more
Dale Harcombe
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
four and a half stars
28 year old Rachael West has spent the last ten years caring for her mother, running their wheat farm, and rueing the loss of her teenage high school love Matthew. When he moved to Sydney, she stayed on the farm. As the book opens she is trying to come to terms with the recent death of her mother. Her grief resonated strongly with me. On the same day as her mother dies, a wedding invitation is mailed to Rachael. Not just any wedding invitation but a weeklong stay in Paris fo
Marianne
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5★s

“If it’s real love, you’ll find a way to support each other’s dreams. Otherwise, what’s the point?”

The Paris Wedding is the fifth novel by Australian author, Charlotte Nash. No way was Rachael West going to the Paris Wedding, even if it was all expenses paid. In fact, she’d already thrown out the fancy invitation. She was still grieving for her mother. How could she go to see Matthew Grant, her ex-boyfriend, her high school sweetheart, married to a society belle? Bonnie Quinn’s rich father
Brooke - One Woman's Brief Book Reviews
*www.onewomansbbr.wordpress.com
*www.facebook.com/onewomansbbr

The Paris Wedding by Charlotte Nash. (2017).

10 years ago Rachael chose not to move away with her boyfriend Matt in order to care for her sick mum on the farm. Now she has been invited to Matt's wedding all the way in Paris, all expenses paid. Rachel is unprepared for everything that's going to happen in Paris and on the eve of the wedding faces a hard choice - should she ruin another woman's happiness for her own?

If you looked at the c
Jenny
The Paris Wedding is about young love, family loyalty and a second chance of achieving your dreams. Rachael West was grieving after the death of her mother when she received a wedding invitation from her high school sweetheart, Matthew and a plane ticket for two to Paris. At first Rachael West did not wont to go. However, after thinking and talk to her friend Sammy decided to go. The readers of The Paris Wedding will continue to follow Rachael to find out does she find happiness in Paris.

The Pa
Kathryn
3.5★ I really liked this, and in the beginning I thought it was worth 4★ - great descriptions, engaging characters. As the story went on, however, it did become a bit clichéd and predictable and a fairly stereotypical romance. I think I would still read more of Charlotte Nash's books - I listened to this as an audiobook, and I loved the narration.
Michelle_Mck
I adore Charlotte Nash's writing style and this book is no difference. The mixture of Rural NSW and Paris was wonderful. The feeling of both locations felt real and I could picture all of it in my head, some of my favorite parts of Paris were featured.

Rachael has sacrificed most of her 20's to take care of her Mum who has a degenerative disease. Instead of moving to Sydney and going to Uni she has stayed on the family farm and grown wheat and taking care of her Mum. She still holds a flame for
Helen
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you ever wanted a trip to Paris then this is the book to pick up, not only will have a fabulous holiday in Paris but you will meet country girl Rachael West who has lived her life on a farm in NSW Australia growing wheat she has been caring for her mother and running the farm for the last ten years and after her mother passes away Rachael’s life is about to change drastically. One big question does she still love her first love?

Rachel had chosen to stay in the small country town of Milton to
Diane
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nash-charlotte
Loved this one Charlotte Nash! Along with the characters, I loved the description of the outfits and could see every one of them, they played as much characters in the story as the beautiful city of Paris itself. Such a delightful read!
Leanne Francis
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
Loved this beautiful coming of age story about Rachael who travels to Paris and finds the courage to follow her dreams. Who can resist a novel set partly in France and rural Australia? I highly recommend it.
Janille N G
Aug 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rom-coms
Things I Liked:
- Any and all mention of Paris, one of my favourite cities on the planet. Reading this brought me right back to my honeymoon in Paris, and I certainly needed that during a stressful week!
- The fashion!
- Bonnie : I don’t know how I would’ve reacted to what she went through, but I admired her poise and strength, and her composure at such a sad time. I doubt if I would handle that sort of infidelity so well!
- Antonio : I only wish there was more of him and less of certain other chara
Lizzy
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
A story of life after loss and redemption from past mistakes. The main character was certainly imperfect and made some questionable decisions, but her growth and change throughout the story made her much more likable by the end. The rest of the cast is filled with funny, interesting, and multi-dimensional characters, which helped create a fast-paced narrative.
Julia
Dec 24, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
it's like if the hallmark channel wrote books
Connie
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rachael West, 28, has just lost her mother. The woman had been ill for 10 years and Rachael was her caregiver. She loved her mother dearly and had devoted her life to her, giving up university and a man named Matthew.

Her sister, Tess, is pushing her to clean out her mother’s things which irritates Rachael. When they were kids, her parents divorced. Tess moved away with her father and Rachael stayed with her mother.

Rachael’s best friend, Sammy, is her support. When the mail brings an invitation
Jill
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rachel West lives on a farm in a small town in New South Wales, Australia where she spent the last ten years taking care of her mother, who has just died from primary progressive multiple sclerosis (PPMS).

When Rachel was 17, she and her boyfriend Matthew promised to love each other forever, but then Matthew went off to college in Sydney and after six months, broke up with Rachel. Although they were only together for a bit over two years, Rachel has been carrying a torch ever since.

As the book op
Sharone Powell
Wouldn't you like an all-expense paid trip to Paris (well, once the Coronavirus outbreak subsides)? And once there, wouldn't you love to accidentally bump into the one rich millionaire who can make your career, lying on the bathroom floor after a fall and you're right there to help her? Geez. (And this happens right after you helped another rich guy who was having a heart attack!) And Rachel is so humble and timid, and too blind and gutless to use up this once in a lifetime chance. So should I s ...more
Milena
I received an ARC of The Paris Wedding from the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. I was very excited because this book sounded exactly like something I would enjoy. I love the cover and I love Paris setting, I enjoyed some parts of the story but overall I was a little disappointed. The main problem I had was with our protagonist, Rachel. She was such a pushover! Her ex-boyfriend, Matthew, didn’t treat her well in the past or the present but she was blind to all his faults ...more
Klarissa
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Just finished reading this book, I loved the cover first and foremost, and then once I started reading it I wanted to know more. This is the story of Rachel West, she receives a wedding invitation fromMatthew a man that she loved in the past, she ksn't sure she should attend but her friends and family say that she should go and that's where the story sets off. This story had adventure, memories and magic. Looking forward to reading more of this authors work
Susan
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read2017, giveaways
I received a free copy of this in a goodreads giveaway.

This book I think will be very popular to readers who like romance books, in particular like authors like Nicholas Sparks, Danielle Steel etc., I personally just do not like these type of stories.

Not that it was well written but it was not my cup of tea.
Dawn
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Romance is not my thing, so I'm not sure why I picked this up. Hard to say no to free, I guess. It actually wasn't that bad, as far as the romance goes. But Rachael spent a lot of this book being really stupid and that annoyed me. I thought she should have done a Kelly Taylor. Even though she didn't, I mostly liked the ending.
Sarah Bowe
Who WOULDN'T take an all expense paid trip to Paris? Even if it was to see your ex get married. That's precisely what Rachel does to see if she can "get over" (as if she hasn't had 10 years to get over him) Matt, who turns out to be such a scumbag! But it finally opens her eyes to her true passion and finally lets her pursue it.
Kristen Lesperance
Jessica Tegge
Imagine like, Cinderella, but horse girls. And no horses.
Alicia Hope
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's official, Charlotte Nash is one of my all-time favourite authors. She pulls me into her stories from word one and keeps me turning pages until ... sadly ... I reach the end. Her books are masterfully crafted and well written, a real joy to read. Thank you Charlotte! :)
Ally
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this in a goodreads giveaway.
I sometimes avoid the romance genre, because I often find them boring with flimsy characters and storylines. But I decided to give this a go because it’s Australian, and I’m glad I did. It was a quick and enjoyable read for me.
It follows the story of Rachel West who gave up her plans of going to university with boyfriend Matthew, to look after her seriously ill mother and the family farm. The long distance relationship doesn’t work out wit
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Something in the Wine
  • Come Rain Or Shine
  • The Cafe by the Bridge (Chalk Hill #2)
  • So You Want to Move to Canada, Eh?: Stuff to Know Before You Go
  • One Summer in Paris
  • Just Good Friends
  • Honeysuckle Summer (The Sweet Magnolias #7)
  • The Summer of Secrets
  • Christmas in Paris
  • Return to Stringybark Creek (The Callahans of Stringybark Creek #3)
  • Love and Other Things (Crystal Lake, #4)
  • One Summer Between Friends
  • Starting From Now (Detective Dave Burrows)
  • The Road Home
  • Mr Right Now (The Callahans of Stringybark Creek #2)
  • The Kookaburra Creek Cafe
  • A Springtime To Remember
Charlotte Nash was born in England and grew up in the sunny Redland Shire of Brisbane. Obsessed with horses and riding, she began stealing her mother's Jilly Cooper novels at the age of thirteen, and has been enthusiastic for romance ever since. Always a little unconventional, she took a meandering path to writing through careers in engineering and medicine, including stints building rockets and a ...more