Start by marking “Tiger and the Robot (Chandler Gray #1)” as Want to Read:
Tiger and the Robot (Chandler Gray #1)

Tiger and the Robot (Chandler Gray #1)

She lives in the cloud, and travels in a phone.
She’s Saga, Artificial Intelligence Detective.

The exciting action of the Swiftsure Yacht race launches an adventure which ranges from the urban landscape of Vancouver to the wild islands of Alaska.

Chandler Gray, a sailor and software developer has created Saga (Say-Gah), an Artificial Intelligence app which emulates the powe
Published January 16th 2017 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Tiger and the Robot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tiger and the Robot

Start your review of Tiger and the Robot (Chandler Gray #1)
Glen
Jan 15, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: men-s-adventure
A guy who just happens to be a computer expert and a gold medallist in yachting in the Olympics creates an app that has artificial intelligence. Soon enough it gets self awareness and a personality. The app is supposed to be a detective, but is more like a personal attendant.

He meets a beautiful rich woman...who just happens to have a yacht in a major race. She gets kidnapped, and the guy goes to extremes to rescue her.

Not bad, but not really good, either. It just doesn't have much verisimilitu
Alexander
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tiger and the Robot was a fun, fast-paced adventure, filled with the sorts of unexpected twists and turns that make for a good detective story. The author's knowledge of both ships and programming shines through in the texture of those scenes.
Patrick Chiu
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This adventure novel had me hooked after each chapter, leaving me wondering how the kidnapping mystery would unfold. It was filled with suspense and thrill as Chan and Saga worked together to face unexpected challenges along the way. The personality of characters and descriptive text played a movie in my head as a read on. This is an easy read that I recommend and I look forward to more books from Grahame Shannon!
Lee Simpson
May 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: popsugar2020
Good Mystery

A friend of mine on Goodreads was reading this book and I saw it. I needed a book with either a robot or an AI character for one of the prompts in the PopSugar reading challenge. I was pleasantly surprised by this story. It turned out to be a good story full of action and mystery.
Jim
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is a home run. Artificial intelligence at it's best. Becoming human little by little, this detective app assists in solving a kidnapping. The characters rally around and follow the lead of this often humorous computer/Sherlock Holmes. Very entertaining read and I look forward to reading Grahame Shannon in his future endeavors.
Amber Hayward
Apr 26, 2017 rated it liked it
This mystery combines the author's knowledge of computers and sailing with a great touch of humour and some fine suspense. I look forward to reading more from Shannon.
Mary
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Held my interest from the first page to the last
Lorraine Gordon
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a novel for everyone. It's an easy read with enough details to entertain boaters, techies, car lovers, adventurers and more. The colourful side characters are so endearing you find yourself looking forward to the following novel to have the pleasure of meeting them again. It's a mystery with building suspense, humour (if only we all had a "Saga"in our lives) and romance (although this could be a bit more fleshed out for some of us). All this and, for those of us who live in beautiful Bri ...more
Donna Foster
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review
Serious app-itude, killer energy and best of all fun.
David
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Fast pace with unexpected surprises. Enjoyed it very much and hope to see more of these characters in future releases!
Nicholas
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: goodreads-win
Goodreads win.

This was a read that was full of twists and turns. It was a fun read that was hard to put down. The author did a wonderful job.
Bruce Ricketts
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was a great read! It kept me interested from the beginning to the end. I loved that it was set locally and I could recognize the place names and even the names I didn't recognize looked like I should have! I read the book in two days which should indicate how much I liked it!! I really liked the plot twists and turns.
Well done!!

Bruce R.
Pierr.Cot
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was one of the beta readers of this book, reading it chapter by chapter as it was written. I liked it a lot when I was reading it, but there were a few holes in the plot. Grahame fixed all of them and added some flashbacks to give insight into the characters.

The first draft was rather short on violence. I suggested he could destroy a few things like planes and ships, since being fiction, he wouldn't have to pay for them. He did that and I'm happy now, as long as he doesn't crash the Alfa-Romeo
shirley
Dec 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a fast, fun read. Gina Lee, a powerful and wealthy woman, is kidnapped in Victoria BC. The nerdy software developer Chandler Gray, accidentally gets involved in several rescue attempts. He uses Saga, an artificial intelligence phone app, to help solve the case. There is a lot of travel, highlighting the beauty and mystery of BC and Alaska.
Sheila
May 24, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked this and learned a lot too!
David Jones
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tiger and the Robot is a crime thriller that is easy to imagine in the not too distant future. Chandler (Chan) Gray is a software developer who cashed in to live a Margaritaville existence in Vancouver, sailing and lounging on a classic yacht. Except, Chan can’t switch his brain off from thinking of new inventions and software. So he comes up with an idea for an app with AI abilities that can be used to solve crime. A virtual Sherlock Holmes that Chan calls Saga.

For a non techie like me Graham
Becky Hodson
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Grahame Shannon can definitely write a story that hooks you in and doesn't let go, even after the final word.

I entered a goodreads giveaway for this novel because the idea of an AI detective accessed via a phone intrigued me. I was lucky enough to win and I am over the moon. This doesn't, of course, influence what I think of the novel in any way.

This is a highly entertaining and intriguing novel. The characters are well developed and all feel 'real'. I loved following the development of Saga's
Janis
May 25, 2020 rated it liked it
I liked the adventure plot as the knight in shining armor tries to rescue the heroine. Interesting premise. I don’t know anything about boats, those scenes confused me & I couldn’t picture the action. Unique story in my experience. Hard review to write. A little too frenetic for my taste. Plus some stuff that seemed like tangents in the plot that I suppose are setting up future books. ...more
Jackie Rogers
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
After a slow start, this novel pulled me in. Chan Gray develops an artificial intelligence app that becomes very useful in a kidnapping. Saga, the AI, has become more than she was programmed to be. She is very sassy and a great partner in crime. Couldn't put it down after my interest peaked. Thanks to Goodreads.
Gloria Brooks
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tiger and the Robot was a really good book to read, it was packed full of excitement with a artificial intelligence app. that a made it come alive with helped with Chandler Grey rescue of Gina.. once I got into the book I was hooked.. A really good book
Ross Banister
Mar 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shannon describes an inventive AI technology which is self aware and applies its web-based knowledge as a person might. The story unfolds over a couple of decades and really comes together by the end.
Chistine Y.
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My friend recommended this book to me, which is a refreshing change from my usual genre.
It did not take me long to enjoy the ride into the world of technology, artificial intelligence, yachts, exotic cars, drones...... all set in the wilderness of BC and Alaska.
Vera
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Not a dull moment.
Very readable and enjoyable. A bonus for British Columbians as the book is set in the BC and Alaska coast.
I am now reading the author's other book "Apple's Next Product."
Clarissa
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Saga, you are wonderful.

All I can think of is, I need SAGA. Fun, Fun Read. At times, I forgot I was sitting in a comfortable chair, while Chandler Gray and his team were busy chasing the kidnappers.

Five Stars for a first novel. When is the next book coming?
Ray Wood
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this book very much. Appealing combination of technology and sailing. The hero is very accomplished in both areas and not afraid to strut his stuff! I consider myself fairly adventurous, but certainly got swept away by this tour de force!
Tina
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Artificial intelligence, Sailing, Wacky friends; Adventure; set in the beautiful coast of BC. Desolation Sound no longer sounds so desolate.... Fun and entertaining.
Benjamin
May 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaway, free
***THIS BOOK WAS RECEIVED FROM A GOODREADS GIVEAWAY***
In this era of smartphones and artificial intelligence (AI), it's interesting to see a book start to explore the topic of AI without getting too bogged down in the details. With movies like Her (2013) showing just how integrated into our lives an AI personal assistant can be, this book's approach almost takes the idea from that movie and fuses it with the "mute" AI from Person of Interest. Unfortunately, I felt the AI section of the book dist
Tatiana
May 18, 2020
Lamar
Jun 12, 2020
Trevor M
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading my free copy of Tiger and the Robot that I won from Goodreads. It was fast-paced and I want that app! An excellent read and I'm looking forward to their next adventure.

• Beach Town
  • Save the Date
  • Hello, Summer
  • Lunch with Lucy: Maximize Profits by Investing in Your People
  • Thomas Wildus and the Book of Sorrows (The Elandrian Chronicles #1)
  • Killing Maine (Pono Hawkins Thrillers #2)
  • Now What?: A Practical Guide to Figuring Out Your Financial Future
  • Kingdom of the Northern Sun (The Revolution Series #1)
  • Fishing for Gold
  • Tweet Cute
  • Down Along with That Devil's Bones: A Modern-Day Journey through the Confederate South
  • The Innovator's Spirit: Discover the Mindset to Pursue the Impossible
  • A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood: The Poetry of Mister Rogers
  • NosFairytale (Deskonton Tales #1)
  • The Magical Kingdom of Ing: An Enchanting Tale of Fairies and Dragons
  • Brave Girl, Quiet Girl
  • Dig Two Graves (Bounty Hunter #2)
  • The Girl with the Whispering Shadow (The Crowns of Croswald, #2)
Grahame Shannon is a sailor and Mystery Adventure novelist based out of Canada. He was born in Grenada in the West Indies, though grew up in and around Montreal, Anzac and Edmonton. Upon finishing high school, he was hired by IBM to fix computers and trained as one of their youngest employees.

Much of his adult life was spent as a serial entrepreneur. He has founded yacht sales firms, boat-building