Start by marking “Midnight Sisters” as Want to Read:

Midnight Sisters

Do not meddle with the master’s daughters.

The words rattle around Jonas’s head. What is the punishment again? Death? Dismemberment? Jonas, the newest addition to the gardening staff, can’t recall the exact penalty for breaking the rule. What does it matter anyway? He would never dream of meddling with the Earl of Bromhurst’s haughty daughters.

Until he comes face to face w
Published December 30th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Sisters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Sisters

Katie W
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I always feel so young at heart when I read a fairytale or a fairytale retelling. I love the magical romance, the adventure, and the moments of danger--these situations engage my imagination. I've always loved the story of the Twelve Dancing Princesses and really appreciated the differences and unique circumstances and events in this variation.

Ariela is the eldest sister and she and gardener, Jonas, form a forbidden friendship. The sisters each want independence from their overprotective father
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
It's always fun to read a fairy tale retelling. I have to admit that the Twelve Dancing Princesses is probably my least favorite fairy tale and it's been re-done SO many times, I was worried going into this that I might not like it. BUT.

I love how Sarah Boucher changed this into a real life story instead of a fairy tale with magic. The story is told through the eyes of Jonas, a groundskeeper, which is also different. The story fit so much better for me. Everything felt new and different and I li
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
I admit, I love when fairy-tales are remade into a new story. The basis of the fairy-tale remains the same, but the author adds her unique perspective and story to create something new.

This is a retake of "The Twelve Dancing Princesses". Jonas is the voice of the story and he is in love with the eldest daughter. Their love is forbidden because the staff is not allowed to speak to the ladies of the manor. When something is forbidden, the more attractive it becomes.

As for another forbidden part of
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
MIDNIGHT SISTERS was a young adult historical romance based on the Grimm's The Twelve Dancing Princesses. It felt a little magical even though their was no magic involved. Overall, a sweet romance with a few exciting moments of danger and endearing characters.

I loved Jonas from the start, even if he is a lovesick fool. As the story is told from his perspective and his interaction with the sisters is limited, I didn't have a strong connection to his romantic interest, Ariela, although I liked her
Misty Pulsipher
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sarah's midnight world is filled with beauty and fantasy. Jonas is a steady and relatable, and his inner dialogue keeps us in the moment. The sisters jump off the page in vivid character shades, and the plot is laced with mystery and intrigue. Fun expected twist toward the end!
Bonnie (A Backwards Story)

Having previously read and enjoyed Sarah E. Boucher's debut novel BECOMING BEAUTY, a retelling of one of my favorite fairy tales, Beauty and the Beast, I was excited to find out that she was publishing another book--another fairy tale--and that she was once again using one of my favorite tales. This time around, the novel is centered around The Twelve Dancing Princesses. Unlike many other versions of the tale that I've read, this one is based in reality. There is no magic at play. It makes for a
Adrienne Quintana
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
While I enjoyed Boucher’s writing style, I had a bit of trouble connecting with the characters in this story. Part of the problem for me was the enormous cast. The story is told from the perspective of Jonas, one of the gardeners who works for Lord Bromhurst, the overbearing father of the 12 dancing girls. I wasn’t familiar with the original story, and only getting to see the girls through the limited, “keyhole” eyes of Jonas didn’t give me a clear picture of any of them.

The plot was we
Tarah
Jan 24, 2017 rated it liked it
It seems like there are a couple fairy tales that get retold a number of times. Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, and The Twelve Dancing Princesses. I love them though, so I keep reading them :) However, something that I really liked about this book was that in all the versions I've read of this story they are all magical or enchanted or something that would classify them (to my way of thinking) as a fantasy novel. Now, I love me some fantasy, but I really appreciated that this version of the st ...more
Melanie
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! I'm so glad I picked it up :)
Meagan Myhren-bennett
By Sarah E. Boucher

More than a decade ago Jonas Selkirk met Lady Ariela Spencer the eldest daughter of Lord Bromhurst. Now assistant to the Head Gardener - Jonas is still in awe of Lady Ariela though any contact with any of the master's twelve daughters is strictly forbidden. But there is something about Lady Ariela and their few minutes of stolen conversations over the years that give added meaning to Jonas's life.

To Lord Bromhurst his daughters are a means to securing alliances
Shelley Wilson
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’m unfamiliar with the original fairy tale that this novel is based on, The Twelve Dancing Princesses, so I can’t comment on the uniqueness of this re-telling. However, I can say that it is a thoroughly enjoyable book in its own right. I did keep expecting the sisters to disappear into a magical land but I think this was down to the book being placed under the myths and fairy tale category. I think it would be better suited in young adult romance.

I liked Jonas from his first appearance. He is a
Amanda  H
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love fairy tale retellings, so I was thrilled to get a hold of this delightful story by the author of Becoming Beauty (another great tale, might I add!). While there is no magic in the stories, they are still such fun! I enjoyed getting to know the 12 mischievous sisters as they seek for some freedom and, at least for some, find true love along the way. I highly recommend this to anyone who likes fairy tales! (or, who just loves an all around sweet story). Two thumbs up!
I received this book fr
Beth
added it
Feb 01, 2017
Sarah Boucher
Feb 05, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Abby Rose
Katie
Apr 02, 2017
Rebecca
Apr 14, 2017
When Sarah Boucher's not embroiled in either teaching kindergarten or penning a new fairytale, cute shoes and handbags, cheesy music, movies that cause her to snort while laughing, baking (especially if chocolate is involved), and more British television than anyone this side of the Atlantic has any business watching, keep her entertained.

A native Utahn, Sarah graduated from Snow College and Brigh