Start by marking “Breakup Anniversary” as Want to Read:
Breakup Anniversary

Breakup Anniversary

It’s Beck’s break-up anniversary! Not that she’s been counting the days but there's a possibility of a relapse. So what’s a girl to do?
Get in touch with her ex?
Call her best friend to take her out?
Or maybe let her cubicle-mate turned drinking buddy, Jamie, tag along for the ride.
Published April 8th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Breakup Anniversary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breakup Anniversary

Norah Una Sumner

I see that everyone was taken by surprise at how short this was and yet how good it was at the same time. I absolutely loved this story and even though it was short I fell in love with the characters so much. Megan, the best friend, has to be one of the funniest characters I've encountered in a while. This is my first Dawn Lanuza book but it certainly won't be my last - I need some more of her beautiful writing style in my life!
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
Intriguing and promising.

WTF. This is too short *crying emoji*
This is basically what I need though I really need that full length novel now.

I'm legit listening to Lana Del Rey's latest album as I read this novel. Maybe I should read Lanuza's backlist now. I need a chaser in between my Akata Witch readathon.
Binibining `E (of The Ugly Writers)
Okay, okay! Will do this even if I still have all the feels for this book. I received a copy of this from the author itself and yes I have finished reading it in one sitting and some sleeping haha.

Damn feels. I certainly have no doubt whatsoever for this book, you see there is this someone from the book who really catches my attention yes that Jaime. I adore him and his attitude just plain adorable and yes GQ-ish type of guy but whatever I love him. For me he is a very sweet guy! Remember when h
Inah (The Bibliophile Confessions)
JUSKO BAKIT GANITO YUNG PUSO KO

---------

How do I even start?

This was such a short but sweet read, that I actually considered putting it off for a while because I know I'm going to be left wanting more. AND YES I NEED MORE!

My heart definitely melted from this and I just can't get enough!!
JM Cabral
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
How can a story so short be so good?

I basically read it on my way to work, and I can't help but feel so giddy as I turned it's pages. Thanks, by the way, to Ms. Dawn for the free e-copy of this book! I'm definitely looking forward to reading more of her work! :)
Chasia Lloyd
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
This short really caught me by surprise. I was expecting something of a typical romance but got an intense look at the internal hauntings an ex can leave in one's soul. Really neat.
Hazel (Stay Bookish)
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: filipino-authors
THIS NEEDS A SEQUEL. JAMIE = SWOOOOOON.
Amanda
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm trying to take advantage of my 3-month $0.99 KU subscription to catch up on some #romanceclass authors I haven't read yet. (A lot of #romanceclass authors are on KU, so I urge others to do this as well! I already own quite a few that are on KU and others that aren't, so I'm just trying to read books I don't own already.) I hadn't read Dawn Lanuza before, and this was the perfect introduction for me to her work and talent.

It's been almost a year since I broke up with my ex, so maybe that's wh
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
It's Rebecca aka Beck's breakup anniversary.. She's itching to know how Nat had been doing after one year. One measly email to her ex about their favorite band breaking up should relieve her of all the questions and anxieties about them, right? Megan, Beck's bestfriend, thought otherwise. It was time to catch other fish in the sea. There's her cubicle-mate, Jamie, who seemed to have come out from a GQ magazine. It wouldn't hurt to throw the fishing rod, right?

OMG! - Yup, that's me, all giddy and

Olivia Chanel's Galaxy of Books
A lovely #romanceclass novella with the perfect start of something new while still getting over someone from the past. Cute, adorable, and very relatable. Would love to see these characters again. A solid short read.
sam
Dec 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It wasn’t bad but it wasn’t the best either.
Fay
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Remembering the anniversary of a break-up is a telltale sign of lingering feelings, so you don’t get surprised when Beck talks about relapsing.

What’s interesting, though, is how she got distracted from the dreadful occasion. That’s what this short story is about.

Break-Up Anniversary is an ending that marked a new beginning, and for my first 2017 read, this one did not disappoint.

Full review on my book blog: http://wp.me/p4gfJt-Jt (Will be up on February 8!)
Ivan Tulabut
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is my first time to read a book from Dawn Lanuza.

Wow. This short story is amazing. I need more of Beck and Jamie. I want to know more about them.
Jay Tria
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
One star held back until the full book is out. A full book is coming out right??
Jeremae
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OH MY HEART. Di pa ako nakakarecover kay Chase tapos ayan na si Jamie. Juicecolored
H. Bentham
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Beck has noted the anniversary of her break-up with a long-term love and when the day finally came, she comes to terms with her feelings for her ex. Good thing Jamie, her office friend and cubicle buddy, is around. She’s never seen him as anything more, but on a day like she’s having? Maybe things will change. :)

I SO want this to be longer!!! It has all the right kilig from Dawn and the chemistry between the characters has been apparent from the very beginning! I don’t know how she did it this
Irene S
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
While out with her friends at a club, Beck is thinking about her ex when she spies her cubicle mate, Jamie. Beck has always thought that Jamie was out of her reach, but a night spent talking might change her mind. This is a sweet short story about starting to look towards the future rather than the best. I picked up this short story when it was offered for free. I liked the story.
Addy
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beck is me and you and every girl who has ever had trouble letting go of a boy whose familiarity is hard to forget.

I could see myself in Beck and I just loved how relatable Dawn's characters are.

* I will edit later with some of my favorite lines!
Gem Flores
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short but sweet and satisfying. Just the perfect mini diversion! Have always admired this author's writing style - The words just seem to flow naturally and fluidly.
Can't wait to read more from her.
Sharmaine Cadenas
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was surprised at how short it was. This definitely needs a sequel, or a full book. I. WANT. MORE.
Jamie is another swoon-worthy book boyfriend in the making. Really. I want to hear more of Beck and Jamie!
Irina Vérène
A sweet, short story about getting over / grieving a break-up and opening up to the possibility of falling in love with someone new. I enjoyed reading this and would've loved a full-lenght novel about these two!
Angela Caysip
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
fantastic
Janus the Erudite Artist
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-ebook
So bitin! what happened next? 😁
Jeanne
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

This is so good, short, relatable and what I need right now. I need a full length novel! Hoping it will come out soon. Haha
Ailla Magcamit
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Actual Rating: 4.5/5
Jas
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ending this year with a short, cheesy read. Got this book on Amazon for free! (it's free today y'all) It's too short, I need more!
Kate (The Bookaholic Blurbs)
Full review over at The Bookaholic Blurbs!

"I need more" wouldn't do justice to the need I feel for more Beck and Jamie. I NEED MORE. MORE. MOOOOOREEEE TIMES TWENTY.
Ken
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romanceclass
Actually 4.5, -.5 because bitin!
Andrea
rated it did not like it
Mar 30, 2019
Jessica
Dec 08, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Dawn Lanuza writes contemporary romance, young adult fiction and prose poetry. She has two first loves – music and writing – and is lucky enough to surround herself with them. She currently lives with her family and a very loved cream toy poodle.

She sometimes blogs at dawnlanuza.com.