Start by marking “The Amazon and the Beast (Mythos, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Amazon and the Beast (Mythos, #1)

The Amazon and the Beast

(Mythos #1)

THE AMAZON
Kellsey Callahan has everything an amazon could wish for – kick-ass brothers, a rock chicks crew, and a pet Kraken. Everything except her childhood crush Leroy Leandros. He wouldn’t even touch her when she jumped into his bed, naked, as a surprise, eight years ago.

THE BEAST
Cursed by a goddess, Leroy turns into a savage beast three days a year. Having murdered cou
Published July 2nd 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Amazon and the Beast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Amazon and the Beast

Dianne
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read a very brief sample of this book and looks like a fantastic read!
Annemieke / A Dance with Books
2,5 stars

This wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I mean sometimes we have certain expectations of books. Often good but sometimes not. I picked this book up because we are reading it with a small group.

I see the potential. I see why others find this a fun read. The characters and relationships are there. But I miss so much world building. For the longest time I wasn't sure where this was really taking place and how it folded into our own world. And there are still a lot of basic thi
MELODY
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I will start by saying - I had a hard time getting into this one. It showed so much promise so I kept at it 1 more chapter, than BOOM! It is a bit of spin on Beauty and the Beast - but well so so much more.
Kellsey is an Amazon - she was raised by brothers, she somehow appears with this eclectic group of paranormals. (that is for you to find out). Leonidas, is the beast - he is a lion shifter - but what a lion shifter he truly is. Together, Kells and Leo, kick butt and take names. Can they find
Tamara Geraeds
Imaginative, funny, exciting, daring, this book has it all. It reads like a movie and the characters are so colourful and realistic. If you're a fantasy or myths fan, don't miss it. Actually, just read all Hati Bell's books, there's not a dull moment in them and the characters come alive in your head.
The Mysterious Reader
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a really fun book. Before I go into it, a disclaimer: a read the kindle blurb and expected some variation of the classic Beauty & The Beast. That's not at all what you're getting here. Instead you have a fantastic mishmash of urban fantasy, PNR and mythology, with vampires, werewolves and a slew of mythos, mythology based beings (kraken, sirens, centaurs, harpies etc). It works really well, especially because the h and H here, Kellsey and Leonidas, are the kick-a** duo of dreams. I ...more
Tammy
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Got Arc for an honest review.

First time reading from the author.
The story was good. It was well written. It had a steady pace to keep the story going. There was a couple of spots that seemed to warped ahead. Then it was back to steady reading. Mentioning Mythical Gods is always a favorite of mine. I was hooked and couldn’t stop reading. The characters and story pulled me in and held me hostage.
Kellsey and Leroy have chemistry, their characters are likable. Leroy fights his feelings for her.
I a
Patricia L Tast
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good

I enjoyed this book. All of the references to the different Gods was a little confusing, but the story was Good. Can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Barb VanderWel
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this & I can't wait for more.
I will be also leaving a review on Goodreads @ Amazon.
And letting everyone know about it.
So i gave it a 5 Stars.
SouthernAngel
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Action packed and suspenseful read into an intriguing world of the paranormal.
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book
Cami
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved Kellsey, her "family", and of course, Leo. They were lots of fun to read about and the pacing of the story worked very well.

This is one of those books that I'd like to move on and read the next in the series, but I'll have to wait as it isn't available yet. (Drat!)
David Caldwell
I first found out about this story through a free giveaway. I didn't realize that the giveaway was just for a few chapters. I quickly read those chapters and decided I wanted to know the rest of the story and proceeded to download the full book.

The setup for this world was really interesting and the characters were great. I did feel that some more time could have been used to introduce it (and them) to the readers though. I really enjoyed the dynamics of the family group. In fact, I felt the who
Roselynd
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've read the Dutch version, but since this will be mostly read by English readers, this will be in English too.

This is Hati Bell at her very best. Actionpacked, strong story, great characters and the suspense in the storyline is just als palpable as in the romantic scenes in the book. The herion is a fiesty young woman without going "over the top" and the hero is "in touch with his femine side" without becoming a softy. Action scenes are done very well, I must say. Very interesting world, espec
Shasha
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy, hea
This was entertaining with fast dialogue and a quick paced plot. The idea was a fresh take on paranormal romance, most similar would be between Kresley Cole and Shelly Laurenston.

I was lost from the prologue to Chapter 1--the setting changes and there is a time jump. There are many characters that have small parts and I can't even name one after I read it. I would like to learn more about this world and those that live in it.

Veronica
Sep 09, 2017
Cathleen
Aug 09, 2017
Hi there,

I'm an author, traveler & rock chick.

Kind of obsessed with mythology and Masterchef Australia. I write (urban) fantasy, (paranormal) romance and young adult novels. I have a million worlds in my head filled with alpha males, hot geeks, and sassy rock chicks.

Want to travel with me?

For updates join my newsletter

Mythos (2 books)
  • Alpha and Helena (Mythos, #2)
“Just because a Kraken has killer claws, fangs, and poisonous skin doesn’t mean he’s bloody dangerous.” 0 likes
“Maybe Shay was right; all eligible men were either dead or traumatized.” 0 likes