Start by marking “The Evolution of Ivy: Poison (The Evolution of Ivy, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Evolution of Ivy: Poison (The Evolution of Ivy, #1)

The Evolution of Ivy: Poison

(The Evolution of Ivy #1)

They won't recognize the new me.

But they know the old me well—the me she harmed, and the me he loved.

She thinks she has him. But I'm going to take him back.

He thinks she's the one. But I'm going to show him he's wrong.

I thought it was over. But now I have a chance.
ebook
Published January 30th 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Evolution of Ivy, please sign up.
Lauren Campbell I mean, I enjoyed it, but I'm a bit partial ;)

I mean, I enjoyed it, but I'm a bit partial ;)

I would not recommend this for men, however. It's definitely more of a chick's book, but there are plenty of men who'd enjoy it, too, I'm sure. (less)

NMmomof4
4 Stars

Overall Opinion: This had a familiar feel to it, as it has some similarities to the The Opportunist series IMO. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing! I was super into that series and really enjoyed it when I read it a while ago. I’m not huge on revenge type stories, but for some reason this sucked me in. It’s definitely not safe for the safety gang gals out there, and it definitely has the h doing some crazy and drastic things to get her true love back!! I’m enjoying it for now and I just
Kirsten
5 Determined Stars!!

How great does it feel to try a new author, be engrossed by the blurb, pay only a dollar, and then end up loving the shit out of it??

It feels amazing!!!!

Let me tell you about this book, which was right up my alley.

My first impression of Ivy was that she was totally crazy pants (always a good thing). She is one determined woman, and I adored her plotting and scheming ways. She still thinks about the boy that she had a huge connection with years ago. Upon finding out that Br
Saffron
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5++++ Stars!!!!

The very first thing that drew me to this book was the cover. Because, holy shit, the cover is AWESOME! I mean, I don't even know what to say. It just pulls you to the book. The next thing was the blurb and I was HOOKED. I knew I had to read this. I was DYING to read this!

And I was right. Because this book went BEYOND my expectations! I was engrossed from the first page. Ivy is one of those characters who will stay with you for a long time because she is just so unique and diffe
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4.5-5 brilliant stars <3

I read this yesterday, I was hooked and I couldn't put it down.I find it accidentally and I'm glad I did.Brilliant and unique story.So different from whatever I have read so far! I loved being in Ivy's mimd.This story was captivating.

I need the next book!!!
'Q' aka CoCo
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 unsure stars. I struggled with this rating because, in all honesty, there is nothing about it that I should have liked. The heroine, Ivy/Emily is (for a lot of the book) depressed, weak, and envious of all those around her. She's pretty vocal about her misery and doesn't stand up for herself. The men in this book are not the dominant Alphas I usually enjoy. The MMC, Brooks, is a nice, stand-up guy, and there are some other men too, but none of them are true bad boys, as is my preference. The ...more
Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ
*5 Ivy stars*

Are you contemplating on which new release to read?
Are you looking for a book that takes you on an emotional ride?
Do you love a book which gets you high on some drama, loads of angst and a love triangle?

If your answer is YES then you got to drop everything and READ THIS BOOK LIKE NOW!!!!!!!!

description
Can you believe I read this book in one sitting when I take nearly a week to finish one?

That’s how addicting this story is! The Evolution of Ivy is simply palpable, heart-wrenching, and beyo
4.5/5 stars

The Evolution of Ivy is book 1 of what appears to be a duology.

The book is told in alternating POVs. However the main point of view is Ivy's 1st person POV. The book goes back and forth between the present (2015) and various times in the past.

Ivy met Brooks when they were kids. She was poor and was bullied a lot. They grew apart. But now they are adults (she is 27) and she wants what she wants.

I thought that the first chapter was interesting and so different. I wasn't in the mood for
Michelle
3 Stars
I liked this one but sadly I didn't love it. I was actually kind of bored. I kept waiting for Ivy/Emily to do something drastic (besides a makeover) to get the love of her life back but it never happened. Let's just say I was disappointed with Ivy/Emily! I wanted her to own her crazy thoughts! Even after she found out all that she did I was praying that she would quit thinking about crazy shit and do it! lol

Don't get me wrong I liked Ivy/Emily. I felt sorry for her. I didn't really feel
Beatrix
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing

If you like revenge-themed books, crazy characters, and are looking for something similar to The Opportunist and You -- this is your book!

Ivy was a real treat, and I was pleasantly surprised when I learned it was this author's debut. I will definitely be reading the sequel.

It's about a girl Ivy, who was bullied in school, and she undergoes a series of plastic surgeries to change her appearance in order to win back a guy she loves, or thinks she loves... or, well let's say is obsessed with.

As yo
Jen
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jen and Roxie's Review

BAM! And that's how it's done!!

Cracktastic. Delicious. Evil. Poisonous. Perfection. These are just some of the words we'd use to describe The Evolution of Ivy: Poison by Lauren Campbell. We hit the jackpot when we one clicked this debut book.

From the moment the book began, we were instantly hooked. A roller coaster ride—up, down, upside down, twisting, with our stomachs in knots. The plot was CRAZY with the perfect blend of angst, surprises and WTF moments.

First of all Iv
Fran
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
So much shallowness, I love it! It's such an entertaining book and I can't wait to read the sequel. Plus, I got it for only $0.99. :-)
Ayesha B
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
They say don't judge a book by its cover but the cover of this book is what made me intrigued and then the blurb I read about it got me interested. I knew I had to read it!! And luckily I won the ebook in a giveaway by the author. And now that I've read it, I can honestly say it's amazing!! A lot of times when theres a character like this you don't really like them but I found myself on Ivy's side and rooting for her the whole time. (Does that make me as crazy as her? IDK).. I found myself menta ...more
Ilze
OMG this was FREAKING AMAZING!!!!

I got major Olivia Kaspen and Joe Goldberg vibes, but the author has given the story and Ivy/Emily her own spin and I loved it <3

Anyway, I need the sequel now!!!
Ali
The Evolution of Ivy: Poison blipped onto my radar because of the blurb. I mean, read it, chick sounds devious, vengeful and determined. I love that kind of shit. I like taking a peek into the heads of crazy people.

Ivy is that. Crazy. Devious. Vengeful. Most definitely determined. It’s not likely that you will like her. It’s not likely that you will understand the lengths in which she will go to get what she wants.

Or, at least, that’s how I came out of this read. Ivy is not really the hero in th
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ by: Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ
4.25 Stars!

A friend had read this novel by debut author Lauren Campbell several months ago and I've finally just gotten to it. Wow. I see why she kept telling me to read it.

This book has a very Tarryn Fisher book feel to it for me. It's a plot revolving around a psychologically disturbed woman going after the guy she lost back in...wait for it...elementary school. He moved out of the country and when Brooks finally returns, she's ignored and treated as the school ugly girl. Commence her goal to
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have an excerpt and giveaway (open until Fri 2/24) - check it out HERE!

4-4.5 STARS!
"...true love requires true sacrifice."

Holy $h!t!!! What the hell did I just read?! I bought The Evolution of Ivy: Poison on a recommendation from my blogger friend Jen from Schmexy Girl and devoured this book in ONE SITTING on this cold blizzard day!! Crazy, psychotic, addicting...this book is deliciously intriguing and mind boggling f'd up!

What would you do if your trust
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of The Opportunist
Recommended to Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner by: Beatrix
Holy smokes! I'm so glad I decided to give this book a chance.

If you've read The Opportunist, then you already know in which direction this book is headed. I did enjoy it, immensely. I just wish the love interest wasn't such an asshole during the flashback scenes. Also, having plastic surgery just to get a man is problematic but the main character isn't exactly the most sane person.

Can't wait to see what happens next. I'm hooked!
Lauren Campbell
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
****** Second book is LIVE. ******

.99 LIMITED TIME!!!!

Get Antidote HERE >>>> http://amzn.to/2jPcjCs

<3 <3 <3 Love you, all. Even those who don't love the books. Haha.
J.A. DeRouen
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Aaaaaaah, I loved every insane second of this!!! Full review to come, but let me just say, I think I may have found Joe Goldberg’s long lost sister. And I may just love her!!
Myla
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The things you'll do for something you want.
I ❤ Ivy and her twisted mind!
Amazingly addictive debut novel!

***Full Review To Come***
Siobhan
I’m going to be honest by saying my feelings towards this one are super mixed. A part of me really enjoyed this book and yet another part of me didn’t care much at all. A part of me thought it was all kinds of crazy whereas another part of me thought the book failed to deliver the punch I had been hoping it would. It’s such a paradoxical read, for me, thus my three star rating is a very limited reflection of the book. I know many will love it, there were also be those who won’t like it at all, b ...more
Coco.V
May 16, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (5/16/2018)!💝

Romance and Mental Instability collide in this gasp-worthy tale. STRONG LANGUAGE. STRONG SEXUAL CONTENT.

BLURB:
"They won't recognize the new me.

But they know the old me well—the me she harmed, and the me he loved.

She thinks she has him. But I'm going to take him back.

He thinks she's the one. But I'm going to show him he's wrong.

I thought it was over. But now I have a chance."
April
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 'Love is a roadblock.' Stars

Like the sands through an hourglass so are the days of Ivy's life. Poor, poor, little societally ugly, Ivy Hobbs. Seriously though. Now that the ugly ducking has plastically emerged and transformed into the beautiful swan, Emily Brandt is out for revenge.

He will be hers again, afterall he was hers first!
It's only fair.
It's only right.
Hers, hers, HERS!
Afterall, 'love is patient.' Right?!

'He'd still never give me the time of day, would never acknowledge what we o
Auden Dar
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this crazy story. The heroine is one of the most memorable characters I have ever read.

Review to come.
Amber
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book really makes you think, I loved how detailed and descriptive the author was. For this being her first book, she's pretty damn good. In this book we really get into the mind set of Ivy and see how she feels. We get to see first hand on what she went through as a teen especially after losing her best friend and first love. After tragedies in her life she is reunited to the one she has sought after for so long. Only there's something standing in her way and feelings will be hurt, people w ...more
Renee
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*4-4.5 stars*

This book really surprised me, and in a good way. It was all kinds of crazy, but I was hooked from page one, and dying to find out how it all unfolds. It wasn't your typical romance book with a sex scene every second page, those which I just can't connect with on any level. There was a solid suspenseful story line, albeit a little crazy, undeniably gripping. Not much character depth, but the uniqueness of the premise made up for that. Can't wait to dive into the next one !!!!!
Kara
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ALL ABOOOOOARD THE CRAZY TRAIN...grabbed me a one way ticket because I never want off. Emily is an outstanding character. You never knew what she was going to pull next. She's dedicated, and that's putting it mildly. That ending has me on the verge of insanity. I HAVE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT...I'm watching you, Lauren. Sign me up for all things Emily. Oh, and Kara ;) I'd love to see more of her. For purely selfish reasons of course.

Lauren, this is a DEBUT NOVEL...WHAT?! You, woman and your wo
Paula  Phillips
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ever since I first saw this book with the blurb and the cover reveal, it has been on my to-read list. I just had a feeling that I would love it and I did. The only downside for me was that darn cliffhanger; I was like Noooooo !! when the book ended as now I have to wait for the next one to be released and I'm not sure when that will be. The book starts with Ivy Hobbs learning that the love of her life Brooks is engaged to Eliza. Ivy and Brooks have always had a connection, but in 8th Grade, Eliz ...more
A. Snow
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing! A plot I've never read before. I was hooked from the first page. Ivy will make you love to hate her and hate to love her. I don't want to spoil anything, but read this book! You won't be disappointed!

***5+ STARS***
Monique
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Firstly I want to say that I applaud anyone that takes the plunge to write a book. It is not an easy task and takes time and courage to put it all down. So hats off to you Lauren for achieving it.

Unfortunately this book was not for me. I don't mind my books to have a bit of darkness to them, but this one is full of it. There is so much revenge and manipulation going on, it was hard to invest in the characters and all their underhandedness and a couple boarding on psycho.

I felt it could have bee

• After All Is Said and Done - A Novel of Infidelity, Healing, & Forgiveness
  • My Dear Stranger
  • A Surrogate Love Affair
  • Truly Yours (Truly Us, #1)
  • Personal Experiences (Personal, #1)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • The Day That Saved Us
  • 39 & Holding
  • Completely Wrecked
  • Watch and See
  • Double Betrayal (Surviving #3)
  • Little Conversations (Conversations, #1)
  • Quiet Lies
  • Twenty-One Trees
  • Don't Hold Back (Love Hurts, #4)
  • Sin Never Sleeps (Gilt, #2)
  • All for Maddie
  • She, the Kingdom

The Evolution of Ivy (2 books)
  • The Evolution of Ivy: Antidote (The Evolution of Ivy, #2)
“My parents. I miss them so much. They left me with Mom-and-Dad shaped holes in my life that can’t be filled by anyone else.” 1 likes
“I just wanna lay down. Can we go back to your place?” I want to tell her it’s lie and not lay, but I let it go.” 0 likes