Start by marking “Dating The Undead (Bite Nights, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dating The Undead (Bite Nights, #1)

Dating The Undead (Bite Nights #1)

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  777 Ratings  ·  184 Reviews

What Silver doesn't know is that the site is more da
Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Published May 2nd 2017 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published December 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Dating The Undead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dating The Undead

Deborah
Mar 20, 2017 rated it liked it
New Year's Eve is not going according to plan for Silver Harris when she catches her date kissing someone else. One drink in the face and kick in the nuts later Silver is being escorted out where she meets the incredibly handsome and irresistible Logan Byrne vampire, one kiss from Logan and Silver knows he's ruined her and human men are just not going to cut it anymore.
Assuming she'll never see him again Silver joins V-Date.com a dating site for vampires but she soon discovers what she felt wit
Dash fan
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
5☆  Dating with Bite

When I see the cover for Dating the Undead I loved it... the blurb was exciting.
It didn't disappoint!

The whole concept for a vampire dating site where humans and Vamps can meet & mix is fantastic... it's fresh, and so different from the "normal" dark vampire books.

V-Date is the name of the Vampire dating service.
 However it does attract attention from all kinds of people... including those with influencing power! As to why they have an interest.... well all will be reveal
XxTainaxX
Aug 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Audiobook review. Cute story. While I don't expect vampire stories to have much believability, I did have some eye-rolling moments as I listened. Silver is, like many folks, trying to find love. She is quite fluid in her approach and goes with the flow, which can be good at times and others not so much. I liked Logan because he stuck to his principles despite strong opposition. In that way, they are almost opposites.

The love scenes were ok. The writing, pacing, and transitions good. I would hav
Dianne
Who knew that the New Year’s Eve from Hell would broaden Silver’s dating horizons beyond the norm and into the world of V-Date, the online dating service that pairs humans and vampires? Leave it to London to be on the cutting edge of romance and leave it to Silver to fall for a vampire with more kindness and humanity in his left fang than the humans she has known.

Like the Princess who had to kiss a few frogs before finding her Prince, Silver is determined to find the vampire of her dating dream
Ally
Would it hurt for the two of you to stop talking so much?

too much

Read for the Halloween 2017 Reading Challenge - Vampire category

Series: Who cares? Not I!

Sexy times: Stopped paying attention. This was one flavor of ice cream that I found booooooring. Like artificial vanilla ice milk. There, that's what it was.

Plan on reading more by the author: Nope

Synopsis
Idiot girl gets kissed and sucked by a vampire. They trade what start off to be funny barbs and what quickly declines into a quagmire of word vomi
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews

While I enjoyed the interactions between Silver and Logan, the underlying plot and the dating site aspect/police didn't really work and the whole thing started to drag after they got together (view spoiler). Still a solid 3 stars.
Marta Cox
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Three and a half
Ok I spotted this and had all manner of expectations. Some were fulfilled and others not. I really liked the idea of a modern , independent woman living in London and certainly Silver is an intersting up for anything character. The idea of a dating site introducing vampires to humans in this post revelation era also ticked my boxes as I loved the idea that someone normally considered irresistible would need help looking for partners. Yes the author certainly knows how to engage h
Bj
4 "Ulterior Motives or True Love?" Stars for the story and 4.5 Stars for the narration.

Lovers of humorous vampire romances (for example, Molly Harper fans) will be the most intrigued by Dating the Undead. I must admit that in my case it was the cover art that drew me in and the blurb further convinced me to give this story a listen. In the end, I'm glad I did as it was a fun romance that fit in perfectly as a breath of fresh air in between my more typical serious romantic listens (as I'm a big f
Hollis
August 5, 2017 : FREE ON AMAZON

-----

"Get back here, vampire. I felt you up; now you feel me up. That's how it works in the twenty-first century. This isn't Jane Austen. I'm not bloody Elizabeth Bennet."

Honestly, I don't know how anyone can look at the concept for this book and not want to read it. Obviously a fun concept or pitch doesn't always guarantee that your expectations will live up to the premise but in the case of DATING THE UNDEAD, it did. And in such unexpected ways.

"Silver has a d
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
If books were flavors this one would be vanilla. And don't get me wrong, vanilla is a nice enough flavor, a lot of people love vanilla. Personally, I'm a mint-chip kind of girl so you see my problem.
Krissys

Series: V-Date.Com
Cover Rating:

Book Rating:

Buy This Book:

It’s Bridget Jones with vampires in this fresh and funny paranormal romance from debut author Juliet Lyons When Silver Harris kisses sexy Irish vampire Logan Byrne on New Year's Eve, she knows other humans just won't suffice. Convinced she'll never see him again, she joins the uber-popular vampire dating site, V-Date.com.What Silver doesn'
Sissy's Romance Book Review
'Dating The Undead' by Juliet Lyons 'Dating The Undead' by Juliet Lyons is book One in the "V-Date.Com" series. This is the story of Silver and Logan. Silver and Logan happen to meet on New Year's eve when Silver is kicked out of a bar and Logan was coming by. They talk and they 'kiss'. Logan asks for her name but he doesn't give his. Silver knows he is a Vampire and thinks the bind blowing 'kiss' was because he was a vampire. This was a good vampire romance story. "My honest review is for a spe ...more
Stacy Kennedy
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
just wanted to say this is one of the best books I've ever read it's right up there with my top 5 it's exciting, mysterious there so many plot twists it's just a good story just want to say that if this is your genre this is one of the must reads I've read the whole trilogy when it was on Wattpad prior to editing so I want to purchase the paper bags and reread them I have a collection of published works just from Wattpad I want those. She would be only the 4th author I was interested in purchasi ...more
C.J. Laurence
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You HAVE to read this book! I was fortunate enough to read the first draft of this when it was on Wattpad and I absolutely adored it - I'm not surprised at all that Miss Lyons has been picked up by Sourcebooks. I cannot wait to read the new and improved version!
Christa
Any book that makes me laugh gets 4 stars. This one was funny. I liked the world building, the heroine was funny but not abrasive, and the hero was protective but not overbearing.

Land lady Vera stole every scene she was in.
~Mindy Lynn~
AMAZON FREEBIE 8/5/17
Candace
Aug 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Logan is a vampire and Silver is a human. They first meet on New Year's Eve and share a kiss. A few days later Silver is on the vampire-human dating site V-Date.com. This time when Silver and Logan meet, he has been sent to glamour her into believing she doesn't want to date vampires. Logan is lead to believe Silver is a police informant collecting information to use against vampires. Despite the evidence, they fall into insta-love. Logan also has an ancient vampire, Anastasia, who wants him bac ...more
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Review originally posted in May issue of RT Book Reviews

Juliet Lyons’ debut paranormal romance is a madcap adventure of biting humor, steamy chemistry, eclectic characters, and some over the top antics. A strong and personable heroine delights as she navigates her way through the treacherous waters of online dating. A steamy romance balances well with the intrigue and suspense though some plotlines fizzle out while others seem to take the longest route possible to resolution. Disappointment occu
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
Dating the Undead is a romance with plenty of zing! After a brief run in with vampire Logan Byrne on New Year’s Eve, Silver Harris decides that she is sick of dating ordinary guys and wants something different. After all she is the kind of girl to only have one date so she needs plenty of choices. When her step-sister brings up the idea of v-date, a dating service that caters to the undead and mortals, Silver is all in. I loved how the vampires were portrayed in this story. They were sexy as all ...more
Witchy
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ramblings:
Logan’s 176 yrs. older than Silver. He’s 200. She’s 24. I suppose this gives a whole new slant to the May-December romance trope. Luckily, this “December” is a green-eyed hot Irish vamp. Allowances should must be made!

Summary:
Silver Harris will stop at nothing on her quest for answers. The search into her mother’s disappearance plunges Harris into the unpredictable world of online dating. She’ll meet Mr. Dead Wrong and date her way to Absolutely Not! It’s only when she meets Logan that
R.K. Close
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampire, wattpad, favs
Loved, loved, loved this story! I was lucky enough to have read the Wattpad version and have already ordered the paperback edition! There is a sassy leading lady, sexy and scary vampires, action, mystery and plenty of paranormal suspense. I'll predict that DTU will be made into a movie or two, it's that entertaining.
Alyssa
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm so happy that I got the chance to read this book as it was being posted. I completely got caught off guard that it was getting published soon and needed to write a review. This author is so fabulous that I wish more people would check her out!
Carvanz
Silver and Logan, a vampire, meet and kiss on New Year ’s Eve. As a result, Silver decides to join a dating site that is for vampires. Unfortunately, it’s not really working out for her. The police have a proposition for her that she accepts and suddenly Logan is back in her life and things get a little sticky.

Silver is not my favorite heroine. She annoyed me and it felt like she tried too hard to be a tough chick and it just didn’t work. Logan was a pretty decent hero but not really all alpha t
i fall in love book blog
I'm generally a big fan of paranormal romance, but this one was just OK for me. Starting out, I didn't find the heroine to be very relatable so that could have been part of it. My favorite character was actually the quirky old neighbor (I wish we had seen more of her). I don't have much to say about this book. It was paranormal cute with a bit of a "Mafia" vibe.

That being said, I might try the next book in the series. I was definitely intrigued by the vampire cop and I'm hoping a different heroi
SmartBitches
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Full review at Smart Bitches, Trashy Books

Dating the Undead had a premise I was excited about: a dating website for vampires. That sounds pretty cool, right? And I’m always trying to find romances that do something new with the paranormal romance genre. However, as fun as watching ancient beings attempt to use modern technology to date sounds, that’s not what I got. What I got was disappointment and a bad case of agita.

I was really excited about the prospect of modern dating. The heroine isn’t a
Sue Shepherd
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
So enjoyed this book. Sassy, funny and definitely steamy. The characters were down to earth and very likable.
Micol
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wattpad
It was sooo good. LOVED IT!!!!
NDP Book Review
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*FTC Disclaimer: I received a copy of Dating the Undead from SOURCEBOOKS Casablanca in exchange for an honest review. I have in no way been influenced by the author and/or publisher's generosity. You can't fake these stars, baby!

Review originally published at: NDPBookReview.com

Read me my Miranda rights because I'm DANGEROUS!

I think I'm going to lurk around corners on New Year's Eve and offer my neck to devilishly handsome vampires. Haven’t you heard?... It's a thing now.

We first meet Silver Harr
Kris
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, wrrt
I received a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads

It's been ages since I've read any Urban Fantasy books but the title and blurb of Dating the Undead drew me in and I wanted to give it a try.

Silver Harris is a single woman, jewelry clerk living in London. She lives in a flat with an old Hollywood film star for a roommate. At a New Years party with her boyfriend she finds him making out with another woman and causes a scene. Being kicked out of the party in a hasty retreat she bu
Kindling Micky

DATING THE UNDEAD was a different kind of vampire read than I'm normally used to. It had a real undertone of fun and snark in which I found engaging. I would have liked a little more building of this particular vampire world to really understand the context as the reality of vampires in the human world was a new concept for society.

Silver was the kind of heroine that needs to grow on you. Her character wasn't instantaneously likeable but she did have depth to her character and was mult
Juliet Lyons is an Amazon bestselling author from the UK. She got her big break on the global storytelling site Wattpad back in 2015 when her Bite Nights series was picked up by romance imprint, Sourcebooks Casablanca. When Juliet isn’t writing about vampires and ghosts, she enjoys reading all kinds of books and spending time with her family. She is an avid Potterhead who hopes to someday work for ...more
More about Juliet Lyons

Bite Nights (3 books)
  • Drop Dead Gorgeous (Bite Nights, #2)
  • That Killer Smile (Bite Nights, #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Two By Two
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be