Start by marking “White Sand, Volume 2 (White Sand, #2)” as Want to Read:
White Sand, Volume 2 (White Sand, #2)

White Sand, Volume 2

(White Sand #2)

Following the loss of most of his colleagues in a violent ambush, Kenton has become Lord Mastrell of the few remaining Sand Masters, magicians who can manipulate sand to do their bidding. With the ruling council poised against him, the hot-headed Kenton must become a diplomat to have any hope of preventing the eradication of his people forever. However, there’s another com ...more
Published February 21st 2018 by Dynamite Entertainment

Start your review of White Sand, Volume 2 (White Sand, #2)
Petrik
Apr 23, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Sanderson, I consider you my favorite author of all time. But please, for the love of god never EVER do this kind of graphic novel adaptation for your work again.

This won't be a full review, I don't need a full review to explain how unpolished this volume is. Bottom line is that this shouldn't have been published in this current state. First, the dialogues are poor and I mean really poorly written and awkward. Poor characterizations, stories are damn boring and felt messy. Artworks used to be th
Jonathan O'Neill
May 27, 2021 rated it did not like it
Shelves: modern-fantasy
1 ⭐

Holy Hoid, have mercy fellow SanderFans! I swear by the feathered glutes of Quetzalcoatl, I never wanted this! I tried. Oh, Stormfather how I’ve tried! But White Sand – Vol.2 is so densely packed with horseshit that it curves the very fabric of space with its Gravitational Pull!

Sanderson is a very prolific author whose had a lot of success and for good reason. He’s an incredibly imaginative guy and his books are of consistently high quality in the realm of Modern Fantasy. How does this Graphi
Anna *Bran. San. Stan*
Apr 23, 2022 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Sorry, this medium (or rather the execution of it) is just not my thing. I just don't like the aesthetics and the story is hard to follow. I’m so grateful I also chose to listen to the GraphicAudio production. This way I’ve come to love White Sand! Sanderson and Cosmere - what’s not to love?

Story: 5 stars
GraphicAudio: 5 stars
Graphic novel: 2 stars
Valliya Rennell
3 stars

Story: ★★★
The story picked up somewhat. It wasn't fantastic, but I am more invested and am enjoying what I am reading. The new developments are there, however when comparing it to the first volume, I barely feel like we moved at all. That being said, the pacing was better and the things happening overall were more enjoyable to read about. Although there is less shock moments in this volume, there is more time spent with characters and making them into not-cartoons. Overall I liked the
Manisha
Actual review: 2.75

There are some stories meant to be written, some meant to be watched, and some meant to be read with pictures. This is definitely not one meant to be read in a graphic novel format.

Not only has a story that was meant to be one novel been divided into three graphic novels, but this middle installment was underwhelming. The artwork was poor, but it was the graphic novel format that hindered the storytelling the most.

I could tell that there were important facts missing. It felt
Calista
This is sort of a political fantasy thriller. Kenton is trying to save the Diem and the Sand Masters but there are assassins trying to kill him. The San Masters were very secretive and he is having to look at traditions that have turned the people away from this idea.

I like the story and the world set up. I want to know more about the Sand Master's. We really don't know much about the history of what is going on and there is so much more to know. I want to know more about the Darksiders. I was
Bradley
May 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm only going to compare this story to the bulk of Brandon Sanderson's other work because most of us already know he's both prolific and fun and he rarely ever writes a bad story.

The same is true for White Sand. I stayed up late into the night last night reading far past my normal bedtime, enjoying the hell out of Vol 2 and most of Vol 3.

In retrospect, the story may be slightly predictable, but it is fundamentally the same as Game of Thrones in the broad brushstrokes.

The fate of a *small* kingd
Matías Racedo
Jun 18, 2018 rated it liked it
2022 reread update:
I enjoyed it a bit more. I was able to look past the change of artist and the unfinished look of the last chapter and focus of the story, which moved forward in this volume. I would love a novel based on Taldain in the future, such an interesting world and magic system, with so much left unexplored!

First read:
I like the story, I think I would have loved the book if Sanderson had published it as a regular novel, instead of being published separately as graphic novels. But sadly
Marnie  (Enchanted Bibliophile)
”Take my hand, Duchess. Don’t tell me you aren’t curious to experience sand mastery first hand?”

K&K

This one was disappointing. The art was all over the place and the story didn’t go anywhere. There was no new information, nor was any secret revealed.
I still feel that you can’t put work as voluminous as Sanderson’s into a small comic series; I feel I’m missing so much.
Thomas J. Benedict
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
You break a book into three parts, and you get three incomplete stories. That’s what White Sand is.

This second instalment wasn’t terrible, but it’s the middle of a story, not really a whole story by itself. Kinda hard to rate. I did enjoy this book, even though it took me super long to finish.

Plus, something really bothered me. This world had a “day side” and “dark side.” People from the sunny day side have light skin, while people from the dark side have dark skin. It’s illogical. Skin pigments
Chad
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-2018, 2018
Volume 2 focuses on Kenton trying to get the necessary votes to keep the Sand Masters guild alive. There is a lot of political intrigue as he meets with each of the council to try and sway their vote. At the same time, he has to fend off multiple assassins as a religious order has named him a blasphemer. I like what's been done with the translation from prose to comic. I'll have to see if I can track down the original novel once this is finished. ...more
Coreen
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I need the novel version A-S-A-P!

RTC
Robin (Bridge Four)
Picking up right after the events of White Sands #1 Kenton is now trying to convince the counsel to keep the DM intact. Not as easy as you might think. The sand masters have not really been apart of society for years and only take from their community. Not many are willing to even hear Kenton out and he is the worst diplomat ever. Still Khriss might be able to help him out in that area. Now if assassins would just stop showing up to try and kill him.

I liked this one even better than the first. D
Mitticus
3.5

I got problems once again with my e-arc pdf copy , the images were not clear and a number of missing letters do a very frustrasting reading of an otherwise engaging story, more complex this time.

Kenton, now as Lord Mastrell of the remaining sand masters require the votes of the Lords to keep The Diem . But everywhere he turns for help or alliances found old grudges against the sand masters, religious prejudice and asassins attacks.

Maybe is time that some things change. The old ways of the sa
Balu
Apr 28, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sanderson
I can't say that this was better or worse than volume 1. If it was a "normal" novel, written and organized by Sanderson, it would definitely be better. Also, they changed the "artist" halfway through the book, which is something you don't do, especially if those artists have a VERY different style. I will finish the series just for the sake of doing so - it is Sanderson. Rating: 1.7 stars. ...more
C.P. Cabaniss
While I think that this volume is an improvement over volume one, I still had issues with it. I am not sure that Sanderson translates well to this format. While the world is interesting and the characters have potential, it lacks the touch that his novels have. This was based on a draft of the novel that he wrote a long time ago, so it makes sense that it might not seem as polished as his recent stuff, but I still have a hard time with it presented like this.

How are they going to wrap this up w
Amber
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks-library
Pretty good Volume of the White Sand graphic novel series by Brandon Sanderson. Very action-packed and more. If you enjoy Brandon Sanderson, be sure to check out this graphic novel series and wherever books are sold.
Jon Adams
Feb 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
Well, at least it had pretty pictures... until the last chapter that is.

I can't fathom why the reviews are so high for this.
Marc *Dark Reader of the Woods*
Mar 18, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: graphic-novels
My complaints from the preceding volume persist, and in addition the art changes jarringly at the last collected issue in this volume. It elminated the constantly-dirty look of the prior art, but managed to make the characters look even worse, especially that long-haired drunken lord.

If my library acquires the third volume I will read it just to see if the story goes anywhere, but if this represented any kind of actual time commitment I would not bother to do so.

Christene Paula✨
3.5 ⭐

White Sand is a quick read of a magical and interesting story of Kenton, who has the ability to manipulate white sand at the cost of his water supply. The plot is not bad and the characters are interesting.

I wasn't really into graphic novel but this one gets to me when I saw who the author was. While it was not quite epic or satisfying as other masterpieces of Brandon Sanderson, the world building of the story is great and the character development is also good but I'm afraid it was confusi
Spens (Sphynx Reads)
May 25, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2021-reads, fantasy
I liked this one a lot more than Vol. 1. The art style has improved quite a bit (especially towards the end) and the pacing is a lot less awkward. Plotwise this was also more interesting, but only perhaps because everything was already set up in Vol. 1. We get to see more character development as well.
Caleb M.
Jan 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
3.5⭐ overall.

I love Taldain. I think Taldain just might be my favorite Cosmere world right now. I love the world and I really enjoy the characters and I also think Sand Mastery is an awesome magic system. I know that this trilogy of graphic novels isn't very well liked and it is certainly a little jarring in this volume when the artist for the last chapter was changed, but there is still a lot to enjoy here.

Sanderson continues to impress me with the way he is able to mix a unique magic system i
RG
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable volume 2 in the White Sand series. The story is vintage Sanderson and flows nicely. The artwork for 5/6 chapters maintains the sketch art which Im not a huge fan of. However, chapter 6 becomes more of the more standard comic book art but I was kinda surprised by the sudden change. There must be a reason for it. It is easier on the eye and could appeal to more readers. I'll definitely continue but I'd probably only reccomend this for Sanderson fans. ...more
Cori Reed
Sep 30, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5 Stars

Sigh. Everyone knows Brandon Sanderson is my all time favourite author, but White Sand? It's just not great. I started reading this volume in April and only just forced myself to finish it.
Mariah
Did I miss the explanation on why the art style changed half way through or...?

Listen, I LOVED the White Sand short story included in Arcanum Unbounded and I was so excited for this but... the magic just isn't here.

The world and the magic system are all trademark Sanderson, but I'm not really into the art style (old or new) and the dialogue is a joke.
Also, the whole dayside v darkside thing is kind of problematic and we all know that if this was any other author people would've come for his nec
Katy
Oct 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Graphic novels are not my usual genre; but I enjoy Sanderson so I had to try this series.
Etienne
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
It was worst then the first one. Can't get into it. ...more
Taylor Ramirez
Tina
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This instalment was even better than the first one. While that one served as an introduction to the characters and the world, things are happening in this one.

Kenton is maturing in leaps and strides. He is working hard to do what he feels is right, and he has quite a lot of work ahead of himself with all the obstacles in his way.

Khriss and the Darksiders are a great addition. I really enjoy seeing their prejudices and assumptions about the Daysiders. While their observations are written in a hu
Réka
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
This story is a bit underwhelming and I think it might be an issue of format. I think this magic system is not ideal for being shown in drawing. The artists had to use weird little asterisks to show sand which felt out of place. Also the drawing style is way too crowded for me (at least the style in the first five chapters). And here I would mention the unexplained, but welcome style change in the last chapter. I feel like this story would be much easier to tell in text, it would be able to bloo ...more
Fantasy Buddy Reads: White Sand Volume 2 [Mar 12, 2018] 21 39 Mar 20, 2018 10:00AM

• Jim Butcher's the Dresden Files Omnibus Volume 2
  • Elantris, Part 3 of 3
  • Elantris, Part 2 of 3
  • Elantris, Part 1 of 3
  • Jim Butcher's the Dresden Files Omnibus Volume 1
  • Breach of Peace (Lawful Times, #1)
  • The Dragon Reborn (The Wheel of Time, #3)
  • Vinland Saga Omnibus, Vol. 10
  • The Great Hunt (The Wheel of Time, #2)
  • Rebel's Creed (Lawful Times, #2)
  • Dreadgod (Cradle, #11)
  • The Last Shadow (The Shadow Series, #6)
  • The Shadow Rising (The Wheel of Time, #4)
  • New Spring (The Wheel of Time, #0)
  • Legends & Lattes
  • The Fires of Heaven (The Wheel of Time, #5)
See top shelves…
Brandon’s major books for the second half of 2016 are The Dark Talent, the final volume in Alcatraz Smedry’s autobiographical account of his battle against the Evil Librarians who secretly rule our world, and Arcanum Unbounded, the collection of short fiction in the Cosmere universe that includes the Mistborn series and the Stormlight
Archive, among others. This collection features The Emperor’s S

White Sand (4 books)
  • White Sand, Volume 1 (White Sand, #1)
  • White Sand, Volume 3 (White Sand, #3)
  • Arena Blanca ómnibus (Arena Blanca #1-3)