Start by marking “Hallow Be the Haunt (Krewe of Hunters #22.5; 1001 Dark Nights #69)” as Want to Read:
Hallow Be the Haunt (Krewe of Hunters #22.5; 1001 Dark Nights #69)

Hallow Be the Haunt

(Krewe of Hunters #22.5)

Years ago, Jake Mallory fell in love all over again with Ashley Donegal—while he and the Krewe were investigating a murder that replicated a horrible Civil War death at her family’s Donegal Plantation.

Now, Ashley and Jake are back—planning for their wedding, which will take place the following month at Donegal Plantation, her beautiful old antebellum home.

But Halloween
Published October 24th 2017 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Hallow Be the Haunt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hallow Be the Haunt

Start your review of Hallow Be the Haunt (Krewe of Hunters #22.5; 1001 Dark Nights #69)
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it

description
descriptionI LOVE this author's paranormal mystery books. Especially the novellas. Add in the fact this one was Halloween themed, and you had me before I even cracked the cover. We meet this couple in one of the author's earlier books Heart of Evil (Krewe of Hunters #2) and now they are back at Donegal Plantation and planning their wedding.

description

I've always said that this author's novellas are my favorite books of hers to read. They usually have an already established couple in them which for me works a lot
Erth
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great mystery and love story Heather Graham has done. I just love this series. Murder and who did it and ghost you can't beat it! ...more
Sofia Lazaridou
Nov 03, 2017 rated it liked it
I don't know why I wanted to read this book. I am not overly familiar with the series and I haven't read the full-length book of this couple. The story can be read as stand-alone, but I believe the story will be more enjoyable if you are already familiar with the world of the Krewe of Hunters. I liked the suspense of the story and the investigation to find who is the killer, but I didn't like the romantic aspect. Ashley lied to Jake about her dreams and I don't understand why she did it. Aren;t ...more
William Richardson
Another great ghost story in her Krewe of Hunters series. I love her settings and her characters. I really like her books that take place in New Orleans, makes me want to visit there and do some ghost hunting of my own. These are books that are best read in order so you will know the history of the Krewe. It's a very enjoyable series and can't wait to read the next book.
Jillian Stein
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hallow Be The Haunt is part of author Heather Graham's Krewe of Hunters series and is also novella number 18 in the 2017 1,001 Dark Nights lineup. I always love Ms Graham's take on the paranormal and this was no exception. What a fantastic story!

What do you get when you take a wedding, an old family plantation, New Orleans, a ghost, and Halloween? The magic that only Heather Graham can deliver. I loved being on the journey with our hero and heroine as they try to solve the mystery of what
Jennifer  (BTH Reviews)
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: from-tour, ebook
I read "Hallow Be the Haunt" because I have enjoyed other books by Heather Graham in the past. When I saw the tour opportunity to read this new Krewe of Hunters novella, I was very excited. Heather Graham did not disappoint me--this was a great addition to the series.

Although I received a free copy for review purposes, my opinions are my own.

The Story

Jake and Ashley return to Ashley's family plantation to plan their upcoming wedding. Ashley also has to plan the Halloween festivities that happen
Veronica of V's Reads
Jake Mallory and Ashley Donegal fell in love in high school, but grew in different directions. They reconnected in a different book, and this novella is the adventure that became of their wedding planning sessions.

Ashley grew up at Donegal Plantation, a preserved estate outside of New Orleans. She’d known there was ghosts there from her earliest memories, and Jake came out to help with a mystery a few years back–which is how they reconnected. Jake’s part of a paranormal-investigators corps
CAROLYN Wyman
This is a quick mystery romance set around Halloween. Jake and Ashley are planning their wedding at Ashley’s families plantation when things heat up with a string of murders. Well written fun story.
Sascha
Oct 20, 2017 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars, review to come
BJ
Short read in Krewe of Hunters series. Enjoy this series - little bit paranormal, little bit mystery, little bit romance. This novella takes place around Halloween and involves serial killers. What could be better! Read as part of 2018 Pop Sugar reading challenge #29 - A book about or set on Halloween.
Meagan
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a great Halloween murder mystery novella. New Orleans spooky town - check. Old Plantation house with spooky grave yard - check. Creepy family history - check. People dying around town - check. Ghosts, witches and freakin clowns - check. Book that will keep you guessing until the very end - check check.

I really enjoyed this book. Even though this is the first book that I've read from Heather Graham I didn't have a hard time at all following the characters and understanding their dynamics
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm a huge Heather Graham fan and especially a huge fan of the Krewe of Hunters series!! I was so happy to read and catch up with Jake and Ashley as they are getting ready for their wedding. This was a short and quick read. I read it in one sitting. I wish it was longer and there was more to it, but it was still a great story. I always love the mystery with some paranormal twist. Can't wait to read whatever comes next from this author. Who doesn't love ghost, witches, and even clowns?

Review by
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
Grab your kindle and snuggle up for this fantastic paranormal jaunt through New Orleans!

Jake and Ashley are back at the Donegal to plan their November wedding. Halloween is quickly approaching and rather than splitting time between running the Halloween attraction held at the plantation each year and wedding planning, Jake is pulled into a mysterious series of murders happening in New Orleans that an eyewitness claims were committed by a trio of witches.

Even before Jake is called in as a
Vagabonda Reads
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jake Mallory and Ashley Donegal are finally getting married, and what better place than Ashley's ancestral home, Donegal Plantation. That scenario alone guarantees fans of Heather Graham’s Krewe of Hunters series that Hallow Be The Haunt is going to be a tasty treat this Halloween, and Heather Graham doesn’t disappoint.

As Jake and Ashley arrive in New Orleans days before Halloween, in preparation for their early November wedding at the Plantation, a series of murders occur.

Ashley, in tune with
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ghosts, witches, clowns, OH MY! This is the perfect book to cuddle up with on a dark October night! I'll confess, I haven't read the series that this is a novella for. Normally I'd be lost trying to figure people out. This was written so well that I never once felt lost or confused. I enjoyed everything about this novella! There was a bit of a mystery, who killed this sweet and innocent woman as well as the drug dealing murderer? How were they connected? Jake and Ashley are on the case! I loved ...more
Veronica
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
To start I was just weirdly thinking about some of my favorite characters from the beginning of this series so when I starting reading all I could think was "YAY some of my favorites from the beginning returned!!"

I loved that Graham covered the time frame since we last encountered Jake and Ashley (like book 3), why they haven’t married (last we heard they were planning) and briefly about what brought them back together, though I faulted in trying remember the details of her father’s death...

One
Steph
Oct 24, 2017 rated it liked it
3 ghostly stars for HALLOW BE THE HAUNT.

As a descendent of the famous Southern Donegal family, Ashley Donegal returns to the Donegal Plantation every year during the Halloween season to help with the haunted tours. Nothing could keep her away, not even the dreams of the dead she's been having or the fact that her fiancé's elite Krewe of Hunters will be working the case. Jake Mallory and his team are top FBI agents sent to work on sensitive, often paranormal cases. When his most recent case takes
Denise Van plew
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Delighted to open another one that gives me another adventure with the Krewe of Hunters. A delicious bonus to them is the romance in with the thrills and chills. Having been also on this plantation with these two before-Jake and Ashley are back this time for their wedding that will have them scrambling. The time before it I should say will be what will be scrambling to haunt them all. The murder followed with the mystery will right away creep its way up your spine with love still playing on the ...more
Konny
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hallow Be The Haunt by Heather Graham is part of the 1001 Dark Nights Series and Krewe of the Hunter Series.
Hallow Be The Haunt is a captivating story. I was hooked from page one. I read the book in one sitting, I couldnt put it down.
Hallow Be The Haunt has exactly the right amount of drama, danger and violence.
This story has it all—tension, angst, suspense and heartbreak. I've smiled, laughed, cried and was angry at some point. It is not often I feel so connected to the characters, but Heather
Paraphrodite
Jan 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
3 stars.

A couple of the original Krewe members have come back to New Orleans to plan their wedding at the Donegal Plantation. We first met Jake and Ashley in Heart of Evil, the 2nd book of the KOH series. It's no wonder I don't remember much since it's 20 books ago! But I did remember the Plantation... probably because of the whole Gone with the Wind vibes.

It's just before Halloween and people are being killed by a trio of witches, then a trio of clowns...and Jake and Ashley are in the middle
Meghan
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was great catching up with some of the original Krewe members, spending time in New Orleans and solving a case. The role of the ghost was quite interesting as none of the other stories had a ghost that had such a hard time getting to the couples. Frazier is adorable and it was good to see a happy moment after everything that included many of the Krewe. This was a quick and easy read that can be enjoyed read on its own, but I would recommend reading it in order to know the whole story behind ...more
Sherri Smith
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a wonderful Novella! I thoroughly enjoyed it and, although it was shorter than the normal "Krewe of Hunter" stories, it felt just a full and complete as a full-length novel. My only "criticism" would be that it felt like it wrapped a little too quickly.

I HIGHLY recommend this for fans of well-written mystery stories - even if you're unfamiliar with the "Krewe of Hunter" series - and for fans of Heather Graham.

janette hill
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
It was ok but not one of her best! I usually love the Krewe series but this one was a hard read! I read the first one with the same characters but this time I was really not impressed! In her regular writings of the I read they work as a team, in this one they were badly mish mosh nobody seemed in charge!

I had a hard time trying to not only figure out what the characters were doing but why they were doing it! Hopefully the next book will be better?
Kolya Koleva
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It is the second “Krewe of Hunters Novella" that I read and I love it. Since it is a book with mysterious crime and paranormal “activity”(and it is set in New Orleans around Halloween) it made me read page after page. I was even reading it slowly because I didn't want it to finish.

[I excuse myself if there are some grammar errors.]
Lisa
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good addition to the Krewe of Hunters series as Graham returns to the story of two characters who were previously introduced. Similar to other novellas she has written, there isn't much back story explanation of the characters, so it would be better if reading after the initial book on Donegal plantation and Ashley Donegal and Jake Mallory.
Cheri Schaefer
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heather Graham does it again!!

One of my most favorite authors! Full of intrigue,
fast paced action , and a riveting mystery. I love
the Krewe of Hunters series and never miss a one.
Very entertaining and extremely enjoyable.
Suzanne OBrien
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Halloween and costumed killers

New Orleans is great backdrop for .this Krewe Mulder mystery. This time a reluctant ghost only seems to confuse rather than clarify what is happening. But the killers are found in the end.
Ashley Moore
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting short story focusing on a couple were one of them is in the krewe of hunters. It was entertaining and fast-paced. Nothing was lost in the story even thought it was a shorter one. It still had the investigation that the other books had.
diana romano
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Krewe of Hunters Novella

This was another winner. I love her characters and great storylines in every book. I highly recommend all her books to everyone who loves mysteries, murder, and ghosts with a good love story. Diana Romano
Ruth Ellen
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ashley and Jake are home to plan their wedding. It is Halloween season and two murders have occurred. Jake goes to check them out. How are the connected and who is the young woman in Ashleyhles dreams. Read and find out more! ...more

• If Looks Could Kill
  • Midnight Unleashed (Midnight Breed #15.5; 1001 Dark Nights #68)
  • Snowfire
  • I Thee Wed (Vanza, #2)
  • Slow Burn
  • Impostor's Lure (Sharpe & Donovan #8)
  • Down In New Orleans
  • More Than Pleasure You (More Than Words, #5.5)
  • The Cowboy (Ladies and Legends, #3)
  • Mistress of Magic
  • Everything to Gain
  • All Washed Up: Book #3 in the Cara Mia Delgatto Mystery Series
  • Eyes of Fire
  • Vengeance (Dark Protectors #9.5)
  • Cover of Night (Alpha Crew, #3)
  • Suffer the Children (Gardiner and Renner #4)
  • In Shadows
  • Rival's Break (Sharpe & Donovan #9)
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some

Krewe of Hunters (1 - 10 of 33 books)
  • Phantom Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #1)
  • Heart of Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #2)
  • Sacred Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #3)
  • The Evil Inside (Krewe of Hunters, #4)
  • The Unseen (Krewe of Hunters, #5)
  • The Unholy (Krewe of Hunters, #6)
  • The Unspoken (Krewe of Hunters, #7)
  • The Uninvited (Krewe of Hunters, #8)
  • The Night Is Watching (Krewe of Hunters, #9)
  • The Night Is Alive (Krewe of Hunters, #10)
“it was imperative to preserve history—be it noble or ignoble. Truth and learning, in Frazier’s mind, swayed the future. Lying about or hiding any event was wrong. Man could only learn through his mistakes.” 0 likes