Start by marking “New Attitude” as Want to Read:
New Attitude

New Attitude

(A New Beginnings #2)

As if it's not bad enough that I didn't win the reality design TV show I was on, try coming home to a one word note indicating that my ten-year marriage is over. So here I am, a suddenly single mother in my mid-thirties, doing what everyone advises me to do—have a fling. Except it doesn't go as planned, so I do the next best thing, which is sit on the couch and mope. But ...more
Published March 14th 2017 by Kathryn R. Biel

To ask other readers questions about New Attitude, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New Attitude

Start your review of New Attitude
Julie
A New Attitude by Kathryn R. Biel is a 2017 publication.

This second installment in the ‘New Beginnings’ series, featuers Kira, who appeared on a designing reality show with Michele, our protagonist in ‘Made for Me’.

As the story opens, Kira returns home to discover her husband has left her for a younger woman. Feeling tender and a little bit on the rebound, she resumes a flirtation with Michele’s cousin, Tony, but it doesn't exactly end well.

Now, depressed, and incredibly hard on herself, Kira
Leona
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Definitely, not my cuppa. The romance between the hero and heroine never got off the ground. As a reader, I was frustrated with the monotonous insecurities and repeated inner musings of the heroine. She never grows. She doesn't get a new attitude. (view spoiler)

I know I'm being overly critical. I suspect partially because I read this out of sequence. But, I have no desire to go back and read the first, or for that matter
Tracie Banister
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Made for Me with its delightful mixture of humor, romance, fashion, and reality TV when I read it last year, so I was excited to check out this follow-up. New Attitude picks up pretty much right where Made for Me left off, except this story focuses on one of the other contestants of the reality design show. Kira, who was Michele's roommate during the run of the show, is older (mid-thirties), wiser (she has to be since she's the mom of a five-year-old), and a lot funkier (she has ...more
Shabana Mukhtar
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 / 5 stars

I am having a hard time reviewing this without spoiling it for fellow readers.

Let's just say that the title promised that the book will have a happy ending. The cover told me that it will be a romantic comedy. The book met all the expectations I had, and more.

To sum it up, the book is about accepting yourself for who you are, realizing your mistakes and moving on; instead of moping and sulking about things that aren't how you expect 'em to be.

Literary  Chanteuse
For a star rating and full review please visit InD'tale magazine online, June 2017 issue. http://indtale.com/reviews/contempora...
RoloPoloBookBlog
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
New Attitude by Kathryn Biel
Source: ARC from author and purchase
My Rating: 4/5 stars
My Review:

When it rains, it pours . . . . Kira left home six weeks ago to participate in the Made for Me sewing competition; she left behind her husband and her daughter and when she got home, only one of them was still there. Oh, and she didn’t win the competition either. Yeah, it’s pouring in Kira’s world right now.

With her house cleaned out and her deadbeat, soon-to-be-ex-husband dropping one bombshell after
Jane DiGiovanni
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Healing a broken heart

If you lived through a broken heart you can relate to Kira, the main character. The writer really brings to life the feelings that you go through, what it is like to enter into the dating scene after having been married for so long. You can easily see where the story is going but its worth the read especially if you are just put in that situation. It let's you know your feelings are normal and what things will be like for you.
Arielle Jagow
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
New Attitude is a wonderful continuation of the series. This time it’s from Kira’s perspective. Her life is a complete mess right now, but there is a bright spot in her life (and I’m not just talking about her ever-changing rainbow colored hair!). She gets to go to the royal wedding with Michele. After she gets home from that, her efforts are spent trying to get out of the rut she’s in because every area of her life is in trouble and her creativity isn’t where it was at before she was on the ...more
Samantha March
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
YAY!!! A follow up to Made For Me, a novel from Kathryn R Biel that I thought was fantastic! Now we are back with the characters, and this time following Kira. Kira’s life isn’t so great after returning from a reality show – she learns her husband has been unfaithful and is leaving her, and she’s suddenly a single mom living with her own mother. I thought it was so great to get to know Kira even better, and she was so easy to relate to. She takes quite a journey in this fast-paced read, and the ...more
Bobbi
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wonderful, great-read
Wonderful story, I love the New attitude leads of a new and better life! A positive attitude would help many people!
InD'tale Magazine
Kira is a true-to-life character that shows her flaws just as openly as her integrity and honesty.

Read full review in the 2017 June issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Kimberly
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great second entry in the series. I loved Kira and could totally relate to her anxiety. I read this in a single sitting because I was so drawn in. Can't wait for the next in the series!
Michelle
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Even though I don't have kids and have never been married, I felt like I could relate to Kira.
Carla Ward
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fun book to read, I loved it, loved the story line and the whole Italian Family references. Read Made for me first
Regina
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this right after finishing Made for Me (the first book in the series), since I just couldn't wait to find out how Kira would arrive at her HEA.
I was not disappointed - Kira is a relatable and likeable heroine, and I especially enjoyed getting to know her family.
(I still don't understand why her Mom's Happy Pants would be a problem for Kira, though :) )
gail nadeau
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good love books and fashion.......

I enjoyed book 1 better but I liked this book too just a little frustrated with the main character! Read in 1 day. Hope there is a book 3.
Ginny Frost
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had the divine pleasure of reading New Attitude by Kathryn R. Biel recently. This book fulfilled the “Book I Mean to Read Last Year” challenge for PopSugar. (Sorry, Kathryn.) I’ve read several of her books previously so I’m totally biased. My favorite of Kathryn’s books tie between Live for This and Made for Me. That said, I loved New Attitude.
The novel is the second in the series, A New Beginning. The story follows Kira’s journey after being on a reality TV show and oh, her husband left her
norma  linza
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unique storyline

This is the second in the series. The first was so refreshing and a fast well written story.
I immediately went and bought this book two. This was really unique as we. Many of the same characters but with Kira, instead of Michelle being the main focus.
I didn't find Kira relatable but she was likeable.
Kayla
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If only this book came with pictures so I could see what Kira's hair! I can only imagine the peacock/unicorn coloring. This was a great continuation of Made for Me that gives you a glance into what happens when the reality shows stop taping. I feel that Kira suffered from the reality TV curse in that her marriage ends and drama ensues. A fast-paced read for the beach!
Cheryl
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No tears

Heartwarming story. Characters keep growing. Recommend reading series in order so you don't miss anything. Can't wait to dive into next book.
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every bit as enjoyable as the first one. I love this series so much!
Shajuana McDuffy
Loved It

I'm glad everything worked out for everybody! This is one of the most craziest and happiest books I've read in a while. I'm a new fan!
Grace
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kathryn R. Biel's second novel in The New Beginnings series, "New Attitude," follows "Made for Me" contestant Kira Noles' return to normal life after the reality competition wraps. The only thing is, nothing is normal in her life anymore. She returns home to find a one-word note left for her by her soon-to-be ex-husband and most of her earthly possessions gone. She moves in with her mother along with her five-year-old daughter Fleur and begins to put her life back together again, while still ...more
Charlotte Lynn
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Have you met Kathryn Biel? If not you are truly missing out. If you have read her books before New Attitude is a MUST READ!

This is the second book in the series and really should be read in order. New Attitude takes off where Made for Me left off. Michele was not the winner of the TV design show Made for Me. She comes home and finds that her husband has left her, moved the furniture out of the house, and become engaged to Bambi. Her world comes crashing down around her.

It was interesting and
Angie Hackett
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a good read and well written. It was a decent follow up book, the characters were decent enough and largely relatable.

There were two things I didn’t like about this book, hence 4 stars. Firstly, I didn’t like that the author seems to consider a woman who is a size 10 in clothing is fat. Secondly, I felt that the author was wrong in making the assumption that kids who come from broken homes, especially girls, are messed up and have a hard time of things growing up. I had a single mum and
Barbara
Nov 01, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a continuation of the story started with Made for Me. It was a great, light, palate cleanser. I've been reading some heavy stuff lately and this was refreshing.
Nancy Stepp
Quick read
Wildia Maness
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As good as the first

Kira’s story picks up right where Michele’s left off. It’s like being with your own crazy family. Love the characters, they are real people not perfect fakes.
carol jones
Great read

Good mix of humor and an easy story to follow interesting to see the story from another angle

Great read good to find out what happens next.

Heather
This book follows another contestant from Made for Me when she goes home after the show. Her husband has left her and she needs to decide what to do with her life.

Starting out I liked this book more than the first one. Kira is older and has a child. She has to get herself together and act like a grown up. I appreciate that in a book.

I wasn't thrilled about the end of this book. It took the plot to a place I'm not fond of. The book also seemed to treat the main character of Made for Me as more

• The Diary of Madison Brown
  • Haute Couture (Razzle My Dazzle, #2)
  • One Way Ticket: A romantic comedy
  • One Last First Date (Cozy Cottage Café, #1)
  • Jetsetters
  • The Fifty-Two Week Chronicles
  • An Event to Remember. . .or Forget (Event to Remember, #1)
  • Cinderella-ish (Razzle My Dazzle, #1)
  • Wedding Haters (Event to Remember, #2)
  • Not Quite Sheer Happiness (Event to Remember, #3)
  • The Reinvention of Mimi Finnegan (The Mimi Chronicles, #1)
  • Two Last First Dates (Cozy Cottage Café, #2)
  • Fanny Bower Puts Herself Out There
  • Fooling In love: A funny & feel-good romantic comedy
  • What Goes Around Comes Around (Corporate Chaos #3)
  • The Royal Wedding (Crown Jewels Romance, #2)
  • Just a Name
  • A Onesie is not just for Christmas - Sequel to Blame it on the Onesie
Telling stories of resilient women, Kathryn R. Biel hails from Upstate New York where her most important role is being mom and wife to an incredibly understanding family who don't mind fetching coffee and living in a dusty house. In addition to being Chief Home Officer and Director of Child Development of the Biel household, she works as a school-based physical therapist. She attended Boston ...more

A New Beginnings (3 books)
  • Made for Me
  • Queen of Hearts (A New Beginnings Book, #3)