Start by marking “你的名字 Another Side:Earthbound” as Want to Read:

住在東京的男高中生瀧因為作夢,開始會跟住在鄉下的女高中生三葉互換身體。
瀧對不熟悉的女性身軀及陌生的鄉下生活感到不知所措,卻也漸漸習慣了這一切。
就在瀧開始想更了解這副身軀的主人三葉時,
周遭對不同於以往的三葉感到疑惑的人們也開始對她有了想法
Published December 15th 2016 by 台灣角川 (first published July 30th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about 你的名字 Another Side, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 你的名字 Another Side

Start your review of 你的名字 Another Side:Earthbound
Marcus Leong
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This novel contains the stories of four characters which were not told in the film: Taki (in Mitsuha's body), Teshigawara "Tesshi" Katsuhiko, Yotsuha, and Miyamizu Toshiki (father of Mitsuha and Yotsuha).

Taki's tale is one that was not really shown in the film: everyday life living as Mitsuha when their consciousness are swapped. While it seems like a lighthearted, silly story, it builds on Taki's growing understanding of this mysterious and conflicted girl, and in turn, his affection slowly
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
what i didnt need from your name was more tit squeezing.
Chris
Shelves: light-novel
Ozymandias
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, japanese
I am curious about light novels (a pretty uniquely Japanese thing which we’d probably classify as young adult novels) so I thought I’d give this a go after reading Your Name. This novel is a collection of side stories connected to the events of that novel/film and as such doesn’t really tell a coherent story of its own. But that’s fine. I enjoyed the film and was curious to see what parts they expanded on. The film had a lot of room for expansion I thought, particularly in the early days. The ...more
Widyanto Gunadi
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While it may not add much to the plot of the original anime movie, this another side story gives us a clear and detailed account of Taki's life as Mitsuha, which was not the focus of the main anime as well as shedding some lights into the background story of a relatively unknown and much hated character, Mitsuha's father, gives us a different perspective on how we should think about him and on how he views his parental relationship with his beloved daughter.
McKenzie Richardson
For more reviews, check out my blog: Craft-Cycle

I will start out by saying I love Your Name. The movie was great and I enjoyed the manga series. I was really excited to get a look at the lives of some of the side characters.

From the first story, I already disliked the book. When I read that this was about minor characters, I was not expecting the first story to focus on Taki, you know, one of the two main characters. As I was reading it, I was waiting for it to switch over to a side character,
Greg Kerestan
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A comparison I never thought I'd make: "Your Name" is not entirely dissimilar to "Twin Peaks." On one hand, the sweet, nostalgic sci-fi romance of the former is miles away from the disturbing, nonlinear storytelling in the latter. But this side novel, containing the side stories and experiences of four supporting characters in the original novel, builds a deeper, more cosmic foundation for the initial events that we saw. It is here that the "Twin Peaks" comparison comes into play: both stories ...more
Haru Nguyen
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the side story of the original version, Your Name. However, I believe this is the other half of the story. These two are linked with each other and their combination brings the reader a full understanding of the meanings and the reasons for characters' actions and thinkings. Nevertheless, this light novel gives us a chance to know the personalities and deep assumptions from both protagonists and side characters. For example, the father of Mitsuha is not just arrogant or antagonistic as ...more
Emir Girgin
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book is divided into 4 parts. Each part takes the story from a different person's perspective.
First chapter is Taki in Mitsuha's body;
Second chapter is Teshigawara;
Third chapter is Yotsuha;
Fourth chapter is Mitsuha's Father;

Now, each chapter had something new to offer which is pretty good. Not to spoil much but this book isn't all about Mitsuha. In fact I felt like she was the one person who did not take place in this book at all. I was hoping to read a story about her, which was
Nick
Jan 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this after having seen the film as it added some depth to some of the characters who didn't really get any screen time or development in the movie. We see a bit more inside the head of Taki when the body swapping starts but then this book focuses more on the side characters with the little sister getting a lot more background and even a body swap of her own, the father even gets a good chunk showing how he met Mitsuha's mother and how his role was fated in the overall story.

I'd
Jon Chaisson
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful side story, looking into the back stories of four characters during the time of the main one. Taki's attempts at getting used to being in a girl's body; Tesshi's disillusionment in his father and the town he's stuck in; Yotsuha's growing worries about her older sister's recent weirdness; and a surprisingly touching story about Mitsuha's father's past that explains his present actions. All four tie in beautifully with key scenes of the main Your Name storyline, further explaining the ...more
Drucilla
May 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: k
When I read Your Name., I was hoping for the movie, but with expanded bits. Sadly, it was pretty much a straight novelization of the film. This book is what I wanted. This book is presented in a side story/deleted scene format from 4 characters in the film (Taki while in Mitsuha's body, Mitsuha's friend Teshi, her little sister Yotsuha, and her dad). I really liked each of the stories. The movie is wonderful on its own, but these tales enhance it.
Casey
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fine companion to your name. While the manga version is a lot of fun and I really enjoyed it, this gives us a little more insight into Yotsuha and Toshiki (Mitsuha and Yotsuha's father). While I can't recommend this if you aren't already familiar with your name because it is not a good place to start... once you've watched the movie or read the manga or novel -- this is definitely worth the followup.
Mandy
i enjoyed all four stories. each was an experience to fill in the gaps left from the movie and original novel. we get to see into the pov's of important characters that surround Mitsuha including her friend, sister, and dad.

the dad's pov gave me the insight i needed to not dislike him as much as i had. i found that his story was the best of them for furnishing motivations for how he was in the original book/movie.

very cool.

Katherine
I did not fancy the translated version of this book. The story is beautiful and I loved the movie, but the book fell so short and it felt rushed between each perspective. I hate giving it a three star rating because I don't want readers to become discouraged by a rating, I just want to notify them that it is very dry when it comes to the translation. Watch the movie though, if you haven't!
Eldon Siemens
I'm glad to hear more side stories from all the characters we don't know much about, as it really weekends the idea of many strands making up a single cord, or story in this case. While there are only 4 stories, they nicely flesh out the background characters and reveal bits we weren't shown in the movie
Howard
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An great addition to the Your Name. Story. If you haven't seen the movie for read the Light Novel Earthbound may not make much sense. But if you have watched the movie and read the Light Novel this fills in the missing pieces and expands the mythology.

This is a must read for any fan of Your Name.
Zainab Shahid
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Even though the book provides more perspective on Mitasuha's character and the cord motif that appears in the anime, it completely ignores Taki . The narrative is very one-sided and I would not have been able to make sense of it if I had not watched the anime before.
An Võ
Oct 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Something lovely. Something memorable.
People usually think of unreal things, and that's nice.
Live in other's life for a while may help you to get out of tiredness and boredom, love your life and find out who you are.
If I can, I also want to try someone's life.
Maria Fernanda
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I recommend that light novel to everyone that watched the movie, fell in love with it, and was left curious for more insights about its characters. Not only focusing on Taki and Mitsuha, but on her family and friends, too. Also, the illustrations inside are beautiful.
Blim
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The final part is great, while the others are soon known from the main book and film.
A lot of Japanese traditional phrases are used, may get tough to fully understand.
Nurul
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-bought-these
Honestly this book deserves like 2 or 3 star but chapter 3 changed my mind lol Yotsuha ftw
Kitiya
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This makes everything more clearly. Must read if you’re in love with Your name!
May 08, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I thought the first light novel added a bit of texture to the movie, but this one didn't add anything for me.
Riccardo
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
They keep bringing me back to this amazing universe. Please help me, I'd like to go on with my life. *goes to rewatch the movie*
Lucina
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
GREAT BOOK!! a little confusing tho
Piper Winchester
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as Your Name but was interesting to get to know other characters
Midnight Star
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Waaaahhhh!!!! I really want to read this.

• 5 Centimeters Per Second
  • 君の名は (漫画) p.2
  • I Want to Eat Your Pancreas
  • 5 Centimeters per Second (5 Centimeters per Second, #1-2)
  • 秒速5センチメートル one more side
  • your name., Vol. 3
  • I Want to Eat Your Pancreas
  • The Voices of a Distant Star
  • your name., Vol. 1 (manga)
  • 盾の勇者の成り上がり 2 (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, #2)
  • Sword Art Online: Progressive, Vol. 1 (Sword Art Online: Progressive Light Novel, #1)
  • ビブリア古書堂の事件手帖7 ~栞子さんと果てない舞台~
  • 盾の勇者の成り上がり 4 (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, #4)
  • ビブリア古書堂の事件手帖2 〜栞子さんと謎めく日常〜 (Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou #2)
  • デスマーチからはじまる異世界狂想曲
  • ソードアート・オンライン 3: フェアリィ・ダンス [Sōdo āto onrain 3: Fearyi Dansu] (Sword Art Online Light Novel, #3)
  • ビブリア古書堂の事件手帖3 〜栞子さんと消えない絆〜 (Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou #3)
  • 幼女戦記 1 Deus lo vult

小説 君の名は。 (2 books)
  • Your Name.
“The reason he had trouble opening up to her was simply beacause he was a guy, and Mitsuha was a girl.
The same went for Sayaka.
There was a wall of feelings between two people of different genders.”
0 likes
“She might have been trying to tell him something that couldn't be put into words.” 0 likes