Start by marking “Enough Space for Everyone Else” as Want to Read:
Enough Space for Everyone Else

Enough Space for Everyone Else

While the sci-fi and space fiction genres, in theory, are about the infinite possibilities promised by outer space and the future, they have become dominated by the same imperialist tropes and narratives, about the same types of characters. Enough Space for Everyone Else aims to reclaim these genres and the notion of infinite possibility… both in what kinds of stories and ...more
Published 2016 by Bedside Press

To ask other readers questions about Enough Space for Everyone Else, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enough Space for Everyone Else

Start your review of Enough Space for Everyone Else
K.A. Wiggins
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
This was a surprisingly cool book. First published as a Kickstarter project in diversity in comics/graphic novels, the format is like a short story compilation, with dozens of artists weighing in for 2-6 page comics in wildly different styles.

Disclaimer: I received a copy via Goodreads Giveaways, which doesn't require reviews but more-or-less hopes to stimulate them. Mission accomplished; I'd never have come across this book on my own, but I'm glad to have discovered it!

Some of my favourite e
Wayne McCoy
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
'Enough Space for Everyone Else' edited by J.N. Monk is a collection of comics and short stories from a diverse set of creators with stories all set in space.

The concept of generation ships is brought up in the foreword of the book, and it sets a tone of hopefulness for the stories that follow. Maybe someday in the stars we will get along with each other and any creatures we meet along the way. There will be heartbreak and loss, but humans of all kinds can figure things out.

That's the feeling t
Maia
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
A really excellent collection of space-themed short comics from Bedside Press which I backed on kickstarter a very long time ago. One of the stories, "Transplant" by Megan Rosalarian Gedris, was nominated for an Eisner award in 2018. Other standouts included "Turtles" by Jon Inaki, "Art Pirates" by Tod Wills, "Stargazer Jr" by Z Akhmetova, "Habitus" by Ver and "A Pilgrim's Progress" by Sarah Winifred Searle. I appreciated the diversity of the authors included, with contributors of many nationali ...more
Cralls
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

Overall it was quite nice. Took a bit before I got to a story that really stood out though. Most just didn't seem to have enough to them. And a few were a bit preachy.. or at least a bit explicit in their message.

But there some that I really enjoyed and I don't believe there were any that I didn't like at all. For science fiction fans I'd say definitely check it out.
Vanessa
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was delightful. I loved the anthology format: the variety of art styles, the range of stories from the heartwarming to the quirky. How wonderful, too, to see visions of future humanity that aren’t just about violence and struggle. There’s something refreshingly human about the stories told here.
Natira
Jun 27, 2020 rated it liked it
gern gelesener Sci-Fi-Mix, wobei ich einige Geschichten mehr als andere mochte
Tina Olah
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full review coming soon!
Adeyemi Arimoro
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was pretty cool

The book was interesting and cool a very very very very very very very very very very very good stories
Susan Walker
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
If you love cartoons and outer space this is the book for you. A large book filled with cartoons that will keep the reader laughing.
Bri
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lots of awesome and varied artists for this anthology, and I loved all the stories they had to share. Very glad to have found this on Kickstarter!
Robyn S.
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
A wonderful anthology of science fiction-based short stories and comics. Very well put together and a great read.
Tina
A great anthology with a wide variety of tales.
Emory Black
Dec 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great anthology, happy I helped kickstart it :).
Rahul Sabu Joseph
Aug 09, 2020

• Bear
  • The Banks
  • Sentient
  • Rocket's Red (Lady Astronaut #4.4)
  • The Phobos Experience
  • Sisters - Free Preview Edition
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Vol. 2: Once Bitten
  • X-Men: Marvels Snapshot #1
  • Seven Blades in Black (The Grave of Empires, #1)
  • Stranger Planet (Strange Planet, #2)
  • Immortal Souls (Power & Magic: Queer Witch Comic Anthology, #2)
  • Giants, Trolls, Witches, Beasts
  • White Sand, Volume 3 (White Sand, #3)
  • Wild Magic (Immortals, #1)
  • This Is How We Do It: One Day in the Lives of Seven Kids from around the World
  • Out of Darkness: The Story of Louis Braille