Start by marking “Fat Chick Goes AWOL: 2,600 Miles in an Armchair on Wheels (With a 600-mile Detour on Foot)” as Want to Read:

******MULTI-AWARD WINNING BOOK BY NEW AUSTRALIAN AUTHOR******

APRIL 2017: 'FAT CHICK GOES AWOL' WINS BEST FIRST BOOK - NON FICTION IN THE INDEPENDENT PUBLISHER BOOK AWARDS

MAY 2017: 'FAT CHICK GOES AWOL' THE SOLE WINNER OF THE HUMOR CATEGORY IN BOOK FEST AMERICA'S INTERNATIONAL BOOK AWARDS.

FAT CHICK PLANS TO ESCAPE CORPORATE WHOREDOM AND TRAVEL THE WORLD. SHE’S JUST BO
Published November 3rd 2016 by TCBF Press

To ask other readers questions about Fat Chick Goes AWOL, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fat Chick Goes AWOL

Start your review of Fat Chick Goes AWOL: 2,600 Miles in an Armchair on Wheels (With a 600-mile Detour on Foot)
Kara Boyes
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm an avid procrastinator and had been weighing up in my head whether to purchase the ebook or the hard copy - it'd been a few months, the book had already started winning prizes overseas and I still hadn't read a copy. Well, if it's not already blaringly obvious, the Fat Chick is also an incredible problem solver and had my dilemma fixed in the form of a special package deal. Done.
Knowing that I was going to be travelling to the UK this month, I was resisting the temptation of starting the boo
Michael Charles Yett
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love stories that I can relate to and this one fit the bill. I journeyed once halfway across the United States on a bicycle one summer. My Wife and I had just purchased a couple of recumbent trikes and I was searching for stories of someone using this type of vehicle to do a long distance journey. I ran across this book and I am glad I did. The author is telling her story in such humor it totally had me cracking up throughout most of the story. The author shares her experiences in such a way I ...more
Nita
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fat Chick Goes AWOL is an excellent story about conquering the "soft chains" in one's life. The author's approach to challenging goals is a laugh out loud, refreshing "Fuck it, I'm gonna do it anyway." A quick, engaging read and worth getting off the couch to acquire it!
Michayla Lovitt
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
One of my favorite non-fiction books ever. And that isn't because Anna is a personal friend, but simply because this book is amazing. I am looking forward to the next publication she comes out with.
Cathy
Jan 30, 2019
Karen
Apr 18, 2020
Michael O'Neill
Praise for Anna Bandanna. I don't know of any of my GF's that would not devour this book. Wildly funny, authentic and totally inspiring. Anna ( who doesn't really do exercise of any kind) decides to cycle alone on a recumbent bike 2,600 miles around Oz. This is an honest account of her adventure and it's Fri!kin hilarious. This is Anna's first book and I can't wait for the next. If this doesn't get you off the couch it will give you a good laugh. Recommended.
Retha Esterhuizen
Oct 27, 2019
Cat
May 12, 2017
What Was Your Favourite Part of 'Fat Chick Goes AWOL' 1 2 Oct 11, 2018 04:31AM

• 50 Shades Of The USA: One woman's 11,000 mile cycling adventure through every state of America
  • Alice to Prague
  • The Names of the Dead
  • Sticks and Stones (DCI Harry McNeil #1)
  • Six Four
  • Adventure to Everest Base Camp
  • Back to Life (A DCI Harry McNeil Crime Thriller Book 2)
  • DEAD BEFORE YOU DIE (A DCI Harry McNeil Crime Thriller Book 3)
  • Is That Billinge Lump: Sell the Pig series Book II (The Sell The Pig Series 2)
  • Sell the Pig
  • No Run Intended
  • Tuk-Tuk for Two: Two strangers, one unforgettable tuk-tuk race romantic comedy through India (Weird Travel Book 3)
  • Bruno, Chief of Police (Bruno, Chief of Police #1)
  • RETURN TO EVIL: A Scottish Crime Thriller (A DCI Harry McNeil Crime Thriller Book 0)
  • The Errantry of Bantam Flyn (Autumn's Fall Saga #2)
  • Cold (A Joe Tiplady Thriller #1)
  • Broken Glass (Nik Pohl Thriller #1)
  • The Exiled Heir (Autumn's Fall Saga, #1)

News & Interviews