Start by marking “Secret Lucidity” as Want to Read:

Secret Lucidity

(A forbidden romance stand-alone.)

This wasn’t supposed to happen.
But it did.
This wasn’t supposed to be my life.
But it was.

I was just a typical girl, living a typical life. Nothing was out of the ordinary until tragedy threw me into a turnstile I couldn’t see my way out of. That was, until him.

I never could’ve imagined my heart falling the way it did. Hard, fast, and with
342 pages
Published February 26th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Secret Lucidity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret Lucidity

Start your review of Secret Lucidity
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO | iBOOKS |

FORBIDDEN?! I NEED THIS!

Stand-alone.
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO | iBOOKS |
Blurb:
This wasn’t supposed to happen.
But it did.
This wasn’t supposed to be my life.
But it was.
I never could’ve imagined my heart falling the way it did. Hard, fast, and with unbounding beauty.
The
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

SECRET LUCIDITY: Is a new Adult, standalone full length novel by E.K. Blair..In this we meet Camellia aka (Cam) Hale and David Andrews, and this is their love story.

Cam is your typical seventeen year old girl, a straight A student, a daddy's girl, one of the popular girls at Edmond Ridge High School, with swimming scholarships in her future and a doting boyfriend Kroy who lives next door and whom sh
Lo Bookfrantic
#LIVE | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO | iBOOKS |

5★★★★★Stars

Genre:  Contemporary Romance
Type:  Standalone
POV:  First Person - Female

"When my whole world has been shaken to its core, somehow this man makes it a little bit steadier."

teaser Secret L by ek_Fotor.png

Camellia was a good girl in fact her life was perfect.  Senior year was supposed to be her best year yet.  She was the top swimmer of her school's swimming team.  Cam had an amazing boyfriend of many years; s
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Secret Lucidity was an angsty, emotional, heart-wrenching, coming-of-age journey and a taboo read to boot! Camellia Hale had everything going for her - loving parents, a relatively normal high school life, friends, a sweet boyfriend, and a promising future as a swimmer. Until tragedy struck and life as she knew it disappeared. Floundering and drowning, one person becomes a beacon of hope in the darkness - David Andrews. But he was her swimming coach. Her teacher. It was wrong. But how could ...more
Eve (Between The Bookends)

description

I am throwing in the towel on this one. I just could not get into this story AT ALL. Plus I couldn't stand the heroine. Nor did I believe for one SECOND that a thirty-something former marine(?) that has lived through two (or maybe it was three) tours would have been REMOTELY interested in this whiney self-centered, immature high school brat. Oh well...

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Jennifer Kyle
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Solid student/teacher romance
Beatrice Masaluñga
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult, arc
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review

Trigger warning: Self-harm ; Suicide

"Life doesn't give warnings; it does what it pleases, forcing us to accept whatever it decides to hand out."

Everything was perfect for 17 year old Camellia Hale. She's a high school student with a supportive family, lovable boyfriend and a promising future as a student athlete. Her love for swimming was because of her dad / coach. She's inspired and holds a record in her state. Howev
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If it’s one thing that I’ve learned from reading anything by e.k.blair, is that this woman is not afraid to go there. Her stories are always somewhat controversial in a sense, but it’s thought provoking, sexy, mysterious, and there has never been a moment when you’ve finished reading that you didn’t wish for more. When I saw that this was going to be a forbidden romance, I literally had to brace myself because if I’m being honest, this author scares the shit out of me!! Her words will lead y
Shayna
“I swear to you, no matter how much pain you’re in, I won’t let you drown in it.”

My VERY FIRST E.K. Blair read and I was BLOWN AWAY by the intense and deep emotion that seeped out of every single page! This was painfully beautiful, majestic, and poetic to the core. If you’re in the mood for one helluva ugly cry, SECRET LUCIDITY absolutely NEEDS to be on your radar!

There are many forbidden romances out there, some good, some great, some fucking AWESOME! Secret Lucidity definitely falls under
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
This is wrong. But when the whole world is spitting its wrongs at me, what the hell is just one more?

Secret Lucidity by E.K Blair rocked me to the core. It's depth and briliiance was gripping, I was mesmerized throughout my extraordinary journey with Cam and David. It was a ride I will surely never forget forget because the intensity of the FEELS I experienced with them was one that left me wanting and needing for more.

...Because that's what love it; it's the same as death - it's a separ
Priya
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

E.k. Blair did it again.
This book is really phenomenal, heart wrenching, emotional and one of a kind of love.
This book deals with so many serious issues, and I just fell in love with her writing. She did
justice with all the characters and their issues as well as the consequences of all the stuff and emotions.
I know i am being very vague but this is kind of book you should just dive in and experience for yourself.
P. S. I am in love with David.
Highly recommended..!!
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4.5 Stars *****

I used everything around me to wipe up my tears and snot. My eyes were leaking while reading the first chapters of the book.

Secret Lucidity is the perfect forbidden romance between a teacher and a high school senior, and I instantly fell in love with the characters.

Camellia is mature and intelligent. After a tragic event, she's forced to grow up and make adult decisions. David Andrews is her swim coach and English teacher. He is also Cam's shoulder to cry on.

The two can'
Damjana
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I immediately noticed this book because of taboo forbidden student-teacher romance.

Without reading blurb and after noticing some reviews, I dived in with full breath. It was such emotional ride on E.K. Blair's words, created by amazing writing style. She knows how to evoke right feelings to become hooked to the story from the beginning. Just when I thought there will be too much teenage drama, she turned direction and new angst started building.

Carlene Inspired
Oh man, I cannot help but love forbidden romances and Secret Lucidity is no different. E.K. Blair has brought to life the struggles of being seventeen and dealing with the heavy weight of life. She tells the heart wrenching story of Cam, a girl thrust too soon into adulthood, tempted by the things that bring her relief from the pain. From depressive thoughts to self harm, Cam has so much she doesn't know how to deal with and the company of off-limits David is a welcome one. What starts as an emo ...more
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Secret Lucidity by EK Blair
5 stars!!!

“This is us – victims of love.”

Two five star reads on the bounce and EK Blair is back with a bang with Secret Lucidity. This is EK Blair at her very best and this book has earned its place on my EK Blair favourites list. I have always had an incredibly soft spot for Fading, Freeing & Falling, but this one is right up there with them.

“…if I’m going to give you the broken pieces of me, then I’m going to want yours too.”

EK Blair brings t
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Forbidden romances are so exciting to read because there is always that ‘edge of the seat feeling’, wondering if they are going to get away with their secret or if they will get caught out. This is a student / teacher story but it is so much more than that.

Cam has a wonderful life, she is an only child to her loving parents, it is the beginning of summer before her last year of high school, she has a sweet boyfriend and swimming scholarships for college are on the horizon. This will be the the b
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: February 26, 2018
Genre: Forbidden Romance (Student/Teacher)

OMG! This is my first E.K. Blair book and I am absolutely REELING from the effects that it left on my heart. This book is utterly emotional (like, you may have a couple of ugly cry moments), it's deliciously forbidden (TRULY forbidden as the heroine is not only underage but also the the STUDENT of the heroes), and downright BEAUTIFUL. GAH!! I LOVED this darn book. Talk about starting out a new author with a BANG. E.K. B
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
"Why do you do that?"
"Do what?"
"Make me love you like a necessity?"

And the Queen of Controversy does it again!!!! Oh yes, she did. This author is a master at getting a reaction through her written words and in "Secret Lucidity" I have a feeling she will definitely have garnered just that. I can just see those tongues wagging now because as always, this book skates around right and wrong, blurring those lines so seamlessly and with such an ease that readers will be left questioning t
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I went in after reading my fave trope blurb,I was expecting forbidden/Tabboo sex and some desperate passion, but I was not prepared to get my heart clenched and emotions to flow through my eyes, but that is exactly what happened ! A poignant, sad/happy story hidden in a box labelled generalised trope. I read till late, couldn't stop reading, couldn't stop turning the pages.
; Just Kept Swimming ;

Let me start by saying I loved the story. It shoves a hand between your third and fourth rib and
Tracey (Life and Literature)
Mar 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star
DNF at 44%.

I so wanted to love this book. Student/teacher romances are so my thing, but I just felt zero chemistry between these characters. I really didn't understand where David's attraction to Cam came from because she just appeared so very young. Also the relationship between Cam and her mum was something I just couldn't relate to. They were horrible to each other. Yes, they were dealing with a deeply heartbreaking situation, but the way they handled it was just so far outside my realm of un
SusanAhh
"The panging of wrong over right—or is it right over wrong?"

Such a lovely phrase for a title, "Secret Lucidity". As I read this roiling emotional story of devastation, emotional survival, finding something beautiful, worthwhile, lasting and tangible in the ashes of devastation in a young woman's life damaged irrevocably by loss, I ponder the meaning behind the author's chosen title.

Owing to the author's considerable skill, we begin the story knowing something is going to upset the world of Camel
Lisa
Feb 02, 2018 added it
DNF @ 40%

Sorry, but this was a let down. I was expecting an angsty student/teacher romance. I feel like there was too much, but not enough. There was no build up to the 'romance'.... none.
Laura Lee
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
By: E.K. Blair
4 Stars

Camellia Hale is living the good life. Just finished her junior year of high school. She has the best boyfriend, killed it this season on the swim team, friends that have been with her and mean the world to her. A father that she not only looks up to but loves dearly.

Walking out of school on the last day of her junior year though, her world changes. Just that quick, her perfect life has now become a life no one wishes for.

While trying to survive and graduate
Jennifer Juers
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have just finished Secret Lucidity and I'm almost at a loss for words. There is soooo much I want to tell you so that you are able to truly feel what I just read, but that would be rude of me to do. You need to take the journey yourself to get into the depth of their love story.

I know when I open an EK Blair book I won't ever be disappointed. She knows how to capture your attention, set you into the story so that you can feel it unfolding within your soul and hold your hand until the end. TH
Feb 22, 2018 rated it liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author and Give Me Books***

3.5 Stars

Forbidden romance, taboo story lines, people who should not be together because society (and sometimes the law) say they shouldn't be...are some of my favorites.

Authors handle it in different ways. Sometimes, it's the step brother who is older, so he never lived in the house, or the couple that meets when one of them is underage, but nothing happens until they are both above the age of consent.

And, then there are books like this one. Abo
Dilek VT
Sep 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
I can't.. I just can't... This is too wrong for me.
She is a student at the age of 17 and he is a teacher in his 30's.

***

Her daddy dies. Her mother starts drinking and ignores her. She closes herself to everyone - she ignores her boyfriend and pushes him away.

***

Then, there is the new Coach - the swimming coach, her teacher. He tries to help her and she lets him. She didn't let her boyfriend but she lets him. Then, they kiss and I ask myself why she pushes away her boyfriend and invites her Coach
Pam Godwin
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heart-wrenching and beautiful. I love this student-teacher romance.
Nay
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**4-1/2 Stars**

Wow! I feel like I've been through the wringer! Have to knock off 1/2 star because, at times, instead of feeling myself being tugged through it all, I felt like I was a bystander. I think it's because I missed a bit of a connection with the hero during certain scenes.

However, I can't say that I didn't enjoy the book! It was well-written, well edited for the most part, and I absolutely couldn't put it down. Loved it!

The Book Bee
Full review to come.
Shyralf
2 ⭐️⭐️ Stars! I wasn’t really impressed with this one. I read because I like the Teacher/student tropes. It was depressing and painful to read and I hate those feelings when I’m reading. I read as an escape from real life, this was too much. I wanted to DNF but I wanted to see what happens next, so I completed it. I’m just pissed and fucking depressed now! Goddamit!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Obey Fate (Fated Duet, #2)
  • Crossing Lines
  • Defy Fate (Fated Duet, #1)
  • Sweet Dandelion
  • Force of Gravity (Gravity #1)
  • NORTH
  • Under The Peaches (Teaching Love, #1)
  • Her Perfect
  • Distraction (The Distraction Trilogy, #1)
  • When October Starts (Juno & Ezra, #1)
  • Color Me Pretty
  • Him
  • Lessons of the Heart
  • Crossed Lines
  • Medicine Man
  • Mr. Marshall's Method (Learning to Love, #1)
  • Destruction (The Distraction Trilogy, #2)
  • Torn Bond (Bonded Duet, #1)

News & Interviews

“You wouldn’t treat a bullet wound with a Band-Aid. And when wounds run as deeply as mine, you need more than just sound bites of encouragement and hugs from your peers.” 1 likes
“He makes the ashes of my heart beat in a way I never thought possible. And I doubt its cadence will ever go back to what it was before him.” 0 likes