Start by marking “Who We Truly Are (Enhanced, #2)” as Want to Read:
Who We Truly Are (Enhanced, #2)

Who We Truly Are (Enhanced #2)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  731 Ratings  ·  138 Reviews
Talon’s deadly abilities are spiraling out of control. Desperate to keep Finn safe, Talon struggles to protect the man he loves with all his heart, and not become the greatest risk to Finn’s life.

Published July 14th 2017 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Who We Truly Are, please sign up.

R * A Reader Obsessed *
4 Stars

I have to say that I quite appreciate this series and its take on mutant human beings and the social ramifications of such. This is not a nice world where acceptance and harmony abound - it’s rife with prejudice, hate, and fear - along with the injustice done to a subset of humanity whose only crime is being different.

Tasked with trying to bring the Enhanced equal rights by positive exposure and a meaningful contribution to society, is the FBI team headed by Talon. They’re still working o
Meags
4 Stars

This series continues to be fun and thrilling. I love the plot and the world building, and I certainly adore all the main players involved in this innovative M/M alt-universe sci-fi series.

I loved the evolution of Finn and Talon’s relationship in this sequel. Although the idiots spent half the story not communicating properly, I forgave them because they’re still awesome, loveable characters. There were a few touch-and-go moments when they almost let their personal insecurities and fears
Simone
***4.5 Stars***

This series keeps its promise!!!

Imagine my fist bump when I discovered that Who We Truly Are picks up right where Five Minutes Longer left us. Not only plotwise, but also in being as amazing as the first book.

Okay, okay, it was more of an excited squee - umm, internally of course - than anything else, but who wants to quibble over details... ;-)

It's no secret that I had a book crush on Five Minutes Longer and I can wholeheartedly fess up that the crush only intensified. I'm m
Wendy
5.png (7307×1388)

After finishing the first book in this series, I was so freaking excited to start this second one !!

71f74fe6ea128b3f759583ef3dfbb8c2.gif (430×241)

It was as good as I expected it to be !! Now first things first. You have to read book 1 before you read this one. Even I read them in order so that's saying something :P They are not stand alone books.

I absolutely love this awesome team of "enhanced" and one regular yet amazing human.

The team is still going strong and so are Talon and Finn. There are some issues though.. Talon is struggeling with
Jenni Lea
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bmbr
4.5 hearts!

This story picks up shortly after the events in Five Minutes Longer. Young enhanced boys are going missing and it’s up to our heroes to find out why. Talon, still reeling from the effects of the manifestation of his new powers, is trying to come to terms with how he truly feels about Finn. It doesn’t help that their current mission puts Finn in danger. He’s terrified that Finn will be hurt, or worse, killed by whomever is behind the kids’ disappearances. Finn, however, is excited abou
Lorraine Lesar
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So.Dam.Good.

This Book 2 storyline starts approximately 8 weeks after Book 1 finished. Talon is still reeling about what happened to Finn and to say that he’s not handling it well, is putting it mildly. But that’s not the only problem he has to contend with, enhanced children are disappearing and his own abilities seem to be evolving and he’s convinced it's not in a good way…….

The range of emotions that went through me when reading, left me an emotional wreck. Firstly my heart got shredded from t
Susan
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it

A wonderful sequel to Five Minutes Longer! And just as good.

In this Finn and Talon have been together for a couple of months now when Finn is asked for an undercover mission to find out what’s been happening to some missing Enhanced kids.

Finn gets asked to pose as a 17 year old and go undercover at a group home. But Talon doesn’t want Finn to go since he could get hurt..

I loved how protective Talon was of Finn, despite him making an ass of himself and hurting Finn by telling him he sho
Christelle
Part 2 of the “enhanced series” : it continues just where we were left in Five Minutes Longer.

So, let’s resume : the setting is in a world with some kids waking up one day with a scar on their cheeks, proof they’ve just acquired some superhuman capabilities. For decades, these enhanced humans are mostly feared and greatly prejudiced. Mentalities and laws are slowly changing and the new FBI unit called HERO, a team with enhanced humans lead by Talon and paired so far with Finn, a regular human, h
CaRo
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked the first book better even if I am going to rate them the same. My three stars will just not do it.

I am very intrigued by the paranormal part of this book maybe just because it is similiar to xmen. Not only the crazy gifts the people have but also the one enhanced who thinks they should run the world - who comes there in our minds *coughmagnetocough*.

The relationship between Talon and Finn is kind of hard to get for me to be honest, there is a little too much fighting against his own fe
Deborah
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it

4.5*

I loved this book.

There’s already so many well written reviews that this book doesn’t need mine. What I will add is that I expected this book to belong to another member of the team. I figured each one would get their own book and while that would be good because I’m intrigued by them all. It does then run the risk becoming a little formulated.
So I was thrilled and surprised to discover this is yet again Talon and Finns book. I say that but we still get loads of the other guys.

It’s straight
Fabi

This is the second book in the new M/M PNR series, Enhanced.

Another great installment in this artfully developed world. Who We Truly Are picks up where Five Minutes Longer left off. I don't recommend reading them out of order since book 1 sets up the world, the characters and the dynamics. Book 2 focuses on the same couple as the first book.

It was great to back with Talon and Finn as they try to come to terms with their abilities, their past and their present.

I'm looking forward to boo
BWT (Belen)

The Enhanced series keeps kicking it up a notch and is definitely getting better with each installment, but man, oh, man, do I love Nick J. Russo narrating these.

Told again from a dual POV, in Who We Truly Are the action is pretty non-stop, with lots of sexy times in between the next crisis that Talon or Finn face.

This time around it's all about trying to find out what's happening to the missing enhanced teens and Finn goes undercover, much to Talon's disapproval. Finn, predictably, keeps getti
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Maybe 3.5 stars? Full review to come!
Trio
Who We Truly Are is the second book in the Enhanced series by Victoria Sue and this story just gets better and better. I love the humor and fun in these books, and the hot and sexy dynamic between Finn and Talon is just icing on the cake. Seriously, if you’re looking for a great paranormal romance the Enhanced series is just what you need. Just make sure you read Five Minutes Longer first before jumping into this book. (In fact this review has some spoilers from the first book - so be warned.)

I
Elena
You know how sometimes pictures of fast food make it seem so good and tasty and then the real thing arrives and it’s not quite that attractive?
You start eating it anyway and the taste doesn’t seem too bad at first, but the more you eat the more you notice all that’s wrong with it, because you’re not starving anymore and you can actually taste it for what it is.

This was me and this series. It seemed great reading the blurbs, I read the first book and it wasn’t great, but there was the possibilit
Karen
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More 'Enhanced' more Nick J. Russo...

and Karen's a happy girl...again!

Ok, I'm not sure how much more I can rave about the talents of Nick J. Russo so I'm probably going to keep it short and sweet when I say "I love Nick J. Russo. He's totally one of my favorite narrators' and for me he's totally rocked this series and as long as he's the narrator this series for me without a doubt is an auto-buy."

I thoroughly enjoyed the first book so needless to say when "Who We Truly Are" came out on audio n
Rachel Emily
OHMYGHOSH I loved this! I think I loved it maybe a bit more than the first book, because I LOVE books where we get to see the couple become more than just a newly-together, newly-in-love type of couple, I love reading about what comes next. I LOVE that we got more of Finn and Talon in this rather than going to a new couple right away. And I love that we got to see them work things out and realize that they are good enough for the other and deserving of that love.

This book starts a couple months
I~❤️~Books
4.5 Stars...Loved it!
I can't wait for the next book!
⚣❣☙ Cocky™ Michaelle ❧❣⚣
3.9 Stars

I liked this one more than I did the first, as the second book has the story arc hitting a better, more comfortable stride, plus there's a more interesting case for the team to investigate. I liked the team dynamics and the character growth as well; wasn't sure how Finn could love someone that didn't seem to trust him, or have faith in him, that didn't treat him as an equal - the walking hotness that is Talon aside - and I'm glad he confronted that...in himself and with Talon.

Definitely
Leaundra
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
More of the same goodness. I really enjoyed this one. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series. Loved learning more about the team and of course seeing Talon and Finn again.
Chris Jeffreys
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
This is the second book in the "enhanced" series by this author. I strongly suggest reading the first book, Five Minutes More, before taking on this book. I really liked the first book in the series -- this book not so much.

In the last book in the series, there is a short side plot concerning the kidnapping of kids who have enhanced abilities. Well, in this book, they are following up on that theme. Finn is designated to go into a boy's home for unwanted enhanced children. He supposedly is able
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bgirls, mm, paranormal, ebook

Review written for The Blogger Girls.

The story of the H.E.R.O. Team continues here with the guys facing some new challenges. You really should read the first book to see how it all came about, but Ms. Sue does a great job at filling in a new reader or refreshing a previous reader’s mind with the important details.

There are a few things going on at this point in the story. The team as a whole is trying to prove their worth which is still difficult with various people opposing them for one reason
Morgan  Skye
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a continuation of book one and is NOT a standalone.

While Talon and Finn had come together in book one, this story helps to more deeply cement their bond. It’s not quite “forever” until the end because Talon has so many fears about commitment. In this book we get to seem him work through all those emotions that we only glimpsed in book one. (And some super hot smexy times!)

We also get to really meet the team and learn more about their program and how life as an Enhanced really is. This is
Pat Nelson
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reading this fantastic, gritty, emotional, smoking hot sexy tale is like sitting down to a five-course meal at a five-star restaurant-rich, decadent, and oh!!! so satisfyingly delicious.
Melissa
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Yeah, this was just ok, and barely that. I cringed so much reading this story. I simply do not understand how these men are still alive. They are so hopelessly dumb!!!!! How is it possible they can't think of things earlier, possible solutions, or possible problems to plans they make. I saw flaws left and right and still they manage to survive. My eyes hurt from all the rolling they did. I can't say I recommend this.

The basis for the series is good, but the execution, for me, was poorly done. F
Claudia
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This sequel of the Enhanced series is even more amazing than the first book.
On this second book, we’ll have more of Talon and Finn relationship… Talon is still struggling with his need of keeping Finn safe, and Finn is still trying to prove to all the Enhanced his real worth for the team.
Between all the challenges their Enhanced team are facing, Finn and Talon must find a middle ground and begin to trust in each other and not let other people and circumstances to drive them apart… but must of al
Paul
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Release Day Review: The story of the "Human. Enhanced. Rescue. Organization. (H.E.R.O.)" group of the FBI continues approximately 6 weeks after the end of book 1. More Enhanced Heroes? Definitely!! More Talon and Finn, Oh Hell Yeah!!

There is a LOT going on in this story. Talon's powers are growing and expanding, he's doubting Finn (gonna smack him!) and the group is continuing to learn to work with a human in their midst.

Enhanced children are going missing and ASAC Gregory selects Finn to go u
Tina
This book was absolutely AMAZING!

Seriously better than most of the superhero movies out there..!

In this book, we continue to follow Talon and Finn, Talon is struggling to be both the team leader and the boyfriend when it comes to Finn and Finn wants Talon to shows that he has enough faith in him to do his work, even though he is ONLY human.

“Because I’m not
Chris
4.5 out of 5 stars

Description ~

Finn has no choice but to offer himself as bait for the evil forces kidnapping enhanced children, facing danger he is untrained and unprepared for, and he is having to do it alone.

Does Talon have one last fight in him? Will he slay everyone who wants to destroy Finn and
Update 2 21 Apr 03, 2017 01:10PM

Victoria Sue fell in love with love stories as a child when she would hide away with her mom’s library books and dream of the dashing hero coming to rescue her from math homework. She never mastered math but never stopped loving her heroes and decided to give them the happy ever afters they fight so hard for.
She loves reading and writing about gorgeous boys loving each other the best—and creating
More about Victoria Sue

Enhanced (3 books)
  • Five Minutes Longer (Enhanced, #1)
  • Beneath This Mask (Enhanced, #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • Emergency Contact
    $10.99 $3.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Unleashed (Ross Siblings #1)
    $3.99 $0.00
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“Talon rested his chin on the top of Finn’s head. “You’re a gift,” he said in a low voice. “What the fuck did I ever do to deserve you?” 2 likes
“Because I’m not enhanced?” Finn said incredulously. “Because I’m not as perfect as you? Because an ordinary human can’t match up to your exacting standards, or because I can’t kill people just by thinking about it?”
Talon hissed in a breath. “I didn’t mean—” Shit, he just wanted Finn safe. “Finn,” he took hold of his arms. “Babe, please.”
0 likes