Start by marking “The Darwin Protocol” as Want to Read:
The Darwin Protocol

The Darwin Protocol

In the wake of war and natural disaster, Lily Dimka boarded the colony ship Pax Britanica bound for a new world.
But she never arrived.
Lily, a mute man, a mentally deranged elderly woman, a paralyzed girl, and a young man with only one arm make up the entirety of the survivors of a crash landing after theyre unceremoniously launched back to Earth with only six haunting
Published December 18th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Darwin Protocol, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Darwin Protocol

Start your review of The Darwin Protocol
Kayla Krantz
Such a thrilling and action-packed read albeit it was very short. I loved the premise of the idea, survivors of a ship being expelled from a ship and coming face to face with a monstrous evolution of mankind. After learning the truth of her and the other survivors situations, Lily must figure out how to survive on an Earth no longer habitable for normal humans.

The book was especially interesting to me because all the main characters had some personal issues that they had to overcome like Lilys
Clifton Kenny
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Darwin Protocol by Daniel M. Quilter is a great read! After a long work week, plus riding on a bumpy freeway to LA, This scifi fan still could not put it down! This 40 page short story takes us centuries into the future to a failed attempt at fleeing Earth for greener pastures. The author creates an intriguing setting where our heroes, Lily and Ajmal are cast out with a group of disabled misfits to survive on their own in a dangerous jungle. I enjoyed the diversity of all the characters, the ...more
John Williamson
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not what i was expecting.

By the time I was a quarter of the way in I smuggling declared that I knew exactly what was going to happen. I was so wrong!
The plot moves fast as you might expect of a shorter work, but within the unfolding of the storyline the plot twists more than once. The main character is far from perfect as human being, having a selfish streak and demonstrating unbelievable gullibility. This actually made a refreshing change, and with another character taking on the heroic hero
Denise Weldon-siviy
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding

This is a great story. Parts reminded me of the Practical Darwinists in Anne MacGaffrey's brain ship series, but with a bit of apocalyptic zombie-like background thrown in for atmosphere. Well worth the read.
Daniel Quilter
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Drew Cordell
Jan 08, 2017
Adrienne Lewis
Apr 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I recently read the short story, The Darwin Protocol, by Daniel M. Quilter, and it was a fun read with an interesting idea about the future. Lily wakes up aboard the Pax Britannica with the alarms blaring and a computer voice telling her The Darwin Protocol has been activated.

The story that follows is one of discovery as Lily and the others who survived the landing must find out why they were chosen and if their ship is still intact with the other survivors.
We soon discover Lily has a unique
Drew Cordell
Kim
Jun 13, 2018
Taylor
Aug 11, 2018
Daniel M Quilter grew up in Orem, Utah right at the foot of the Rocky Mountains. He spent his time hiking, camping, rock climbing, and anything else outdoors. He currently lives in Utah with his wife, Lauryn. He attended Utah Valley University and spent two years in Portugal as a missionary for the LDS chruch. He published his first book, A Soul Divided, in 2014.