Start by marking “Romancing Dr. Love (Sterling University, #1)” as Want to Read:
Romancing Dr. Love (Sterling University, #1)

Read Book

Romancing Dr. Love

(Sterling University #1)

Dr. Samantha Love says it’s all about the chemistry. A brainy psychology professor and researcher, Sam has based her entire academic career on the theory that what we call love is simply a chemical reaction. She is currently running a study to prove that her compatibility blood test reveals perfect matches—sort of like an organ donor, but for relationships. No romance requ ...more
Published March 7th 2017 by Rebecca Heflin Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Romancing Dr. Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Romancing Dr. Love

Start your review of Romancing Dr. Love (Sterling University, #1)
Dianne
Samantha is living the trifecta of erroneous assumptions all because of Love. Seriously, her last name is Love, her famous parents are the reigning experts on all things Love and she is an intelligent professor and researcher out to prove that “Love” is a chemical reaction and a blood test will prove it. She says one can find the best potential mate and avoid the pitfalls of romance.

Literature professor Ethan Quinn, a colleague on campus disagrees and uses all he has learned about romance to we
Feb 27, 2017 rated it liked it
***ARC Provided by Tasty Book Tours***

I liked the concept of this book, the scientist and the literature professor, the romantic.

Sam and Ethan were a fun couple, and watching them figure out how to feel about one another, how to balance the romantic and the scientist, it was a lot of fun.

This was a shorter book, so there were a few things that I felt were a bit glossed over and there were places in the story that I thought moved a little too quickly from point to point...but this is common in a
persnickety paul
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-ive-edited
Rebecca Heflin's upcoming story in the Sterling University novella series is wonderful. The concept behind this book is mind-blowing, featuring a chemistry-based compatibility test that determines a person's best romantic match—designed by someone who is rather cynical of the concept of Love, despite her namesake and unique upbringing. The research that Heflin puts into crafting her stories is flawless and makes the reading experience so much more interesting and exciting. This story was a lot o ...more
Tales Of A Bookbug
Mar 07, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the first book of Rebecca Heflin's that I'm reading and it was quite enjoyable!
It was short,funny,sweet and very interesting.
Samantha doesn't believe in the idea of love.And she's running a study to prove that since its just a chemical reaction, a few blood tests might be able to tell us who is compatible with whom.
The literature professor, Ethan wants to prove her wrong in her theory and signs up for her study, which shows that Ethan is Samantha's perfect match!Lol!She is in a big dilem
Ruthie Taylor
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is a really fun read, and I am definitely going to be looking out for future installments in the series. Having worked in academia, I couldn't help but chuckle at the politics and the posturing, but loved the way that a solution was found.

Samantha Love has to be living every offspring's nightmare - her parents are world renowned sex therapists - and in the light of their less than perfect relationship behind the sc
Nada Sobhi
Note: I received a free copy of Romancing Dr. Love in exchange for an honest review.

"What, or should I say who, Dr. Love, has made you so cynical when it comes to matters of the heart?"

Romancing Dr. Love by Rebecca Heflin is the first novella in the Sterling University series. As with most Heflin books, Romancing Dr. Love is a standalone.

Samantha 'Sam' Love is a psychology professor at Sterling University. From the beginning of the book, we meet the university 'hottie', literature professor
Sascha
Mar 03, 2017 rated it liked it
I’ve always been intrigued by the classic attraction and romance between opposites. Do they become foils for each other, the yin and yang, or are they destined to fail because their differences are so extreme? In Romancing Dr. Love Dr. Samantha Love is all about science and getting her patent and remaining professional while Dr. Ethan Quinn is romance and literature, moonlight and roses, which is a nice twist on the usual storyline of the woman having her head in the clouds while the man is all ...more
Susan (susayq ~)
What a great way to spend a Sunday! This was a light fluffy read with just a little angst over whether Samantha will give in or continue to fight the chemistry between her and Ethan.

I loved the story - Samantha, Dr. Love, has come up with a chemical formula that can predict compatibility, or love, between people. She doesn't believe in love though. Ethan says romance is the key to keeping a couple together. Who's right?

*thanks to Tasty Book Tours for sharing a copy of this with me*
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Dr. Samantha "Sam" Love doesn't believe in love and all that goes with it. Sam's parents are famous sex therapist have shown her the opposite of love in their marriage. Dr. Ethan Quinn is a hometown boy turned man living and working at Sterling University with his best friend. Ethan is a firm believer in love and all that goes with it. Ethan hears about the study Sam is conducting and wants to participate. Sam reluctant for Ethan to participate but does it anyway. Can Ethan prove Sam wrong? Can ...more
InD'tale Magazine
Well written with lively characters “Romancing Dr. Love” is a pleasant stroll through the halls of academia, with just enough bumps to keep it interesting.

Read full review in the 2017 April issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Lucia
Light-hearted opposites attract with a unique plot where it’s science vs romance for love (or is it really that simple?)

Romancing Dr. Love is my first read by Rebecca Heflin and overall, I enjoyed this light-hearted opposites attract book and it’s unique plot. As a psychology graduate when I saw the plot of this book I was instantly intrigued and definitely wasn’t let down (although obviously it’s a bit more stretched but worked well for a romance).

Told from dual points of views, Sam and Ethan
Julie Barrett
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Romancing Dr. Love by Rebecca Heflin
Sounded like a good story line about chemistry and results..
She's an assistant professor and doing research on chemistry and link with love. Her parents are sex therapy doctors in NY
Ethan is a professional at Sterling College also and his father has recently passed away so he keeps an extra eye out for his mother hoping to get her out of the house, doing anything to keep her busy.
Ethan helps her out with her car and invites Samatha Love for a date. They discus
Amber
Mar 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Samantha moved from New York to small town Georgia after the local university offered her the chance to pursue her work. She has settled in pretty well, but wants to focus on her work in chemistry.

Ethan is a fellow professor at Sterling University, and Samantha was drawn to him from their first meeting. He is drawn to her, too, but she is resistant. He signs up for her compatibility study, and to Samantha's surprise, they are a perfect match. Samantha doesn't want to tell Ethan about the match,
sandy dunn
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hot hot hot

I enjoyed the story line very much. The story of two people trying to find balance in a world that has rules and fighting chemistry that is documented how can you not follow your heart and tell your brain to shut up.
Laura Larson
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I never expect much from novellas. The short length precludes much character development. While I do feel that some scenes were stunted, overall I was very pleased. This author did a wonderful job trimming the fat and leaving all the good stuff. I will definitely be continuing this series.
Carly
A quick cute story of two professors finding love. Since it was a novella a lot things were glossed over and parts moved a little too quickly, but that is the norm with stort stories and novellas. Overall, an entertaining love story.
Lynn (Ellesea Loves Reading)
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun, quick read.
ElizrdbthSpeaks
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
please see my review on this collection of these 3 reads ...
Lana
Mar 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books
Romancing Dr. Love
Rebecca Heflin

This is book one in a new series of title toward Sterling University by Rebeca Heflin covering 412 pages. I first started reading Romancing Dr. Love, I thought it was a bit like a Harlequin Romance novel, "Boy meets girl" and so forth and I wasn't to interested. It is more of a book for Middle School readers just beginning the age of pubescent change and their interest in the opposite sex.
The problem with romance books is they are all so similar. I have a diffic
Midwest Romantic
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on my blog Live Laugh & Love Books

This is a well written, easy to read romance. The story keeps you interested from beginning to end and even though there is drama, it’s not too heavy or unnatural. Also, because the story and descriptions are so well written it is very easy for the reader to visualize and relate to the book!

Sam and Ethan are great characters too. The relationship was not rushed, didn’t fell forced and they meshed really well. I love when that happens!

*I volunta
Frances Thomas
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
What an interesting premise this book has. Dr. Samantha Love has been subjected her whole life to the conjectures that come with being the daughter of renowned sex therapists. To prove she’s not loose, she has gone too far in the opposite direction. Her one experience at romance has solidified her disbelief in the whole concept.
Dr. Ethan Quinn has been burned before too, but he had the benefit of parents who truly loved each other. He can tell Samantha is the one for him even before he takes her
Isha Coleman
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
ARC Review: Romancing Dr. Love (Sterling University) by Rebecca Heflin

Sam has the smarts but does she have the heart? Rebecca Heflin accomplished what many have tried. She had me in love at the blurb. It's not everyday that the romantic is the hero. No matter the hypothesis, love is the answer. Ethan believes in the emotion, For Sam it's all science. Can Ethan convince Sam to not let her brain cost her their happily ever after? Fell in love at hello and just couldn't let that feeling go. Romanci
Gayle Pace
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
MY THOUGHTS

This book was rather a charming and enjoyable short book.Samantha is rather a lonely person, has no friends, is extremely intelligent and doesn't believe in love. Samantha is trying to prove that love has only to do with a chemical reaction in the body. A few drops of blood and you will know who is right for you. While doing this study, a lit professor decides to prove her wrong. In signing up for her study, he's her perfect match. Now that really puts Samantha in a tizzy. What do y
Suze Lavender
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dr. Samantha Love is skeptic when it comes to love. She believes in chemistry and hormones, but not in romance or the existence of soul mates. She's developed a blood test to discover good matches through certain chemicals. It's all very clinical and highly efficient, just like everything else in Sam's life. She's transferred to Sterling University to work on her research and so far she likes it there. She found a best friend and she feels at home at the faculty.

Ethan is a literature professor.
jennet wheatstonelllsl

• So This Is Love: An Austen-Inspired Regency
  • Until You're Mine
  • The Anti-Boyfriend
  • Resolution
  • Sugarcoated (Hot Cakes, #1)
  • Flirting with 40
  • Tempt Me: A Pride & Prejudice Variation
  • Dear Sexy Ex-Boyfriend (The Guys Who Got Away, #1)
  • My Fair Princess (The Improper Princesses #1)
  • On Familiar Prides: A Pride and Prejudice Novel (Prides Series Book 2)
  • On Stranger Prides: A Pride and Prejudice Novel
  • The Meursault Investigation
  • The Language of Hoofbeats
  • Home Game: An Accidental Guide to Fatherhood
  • His Christmas Miracle (Love in Montana, #5)
Rebecca Heflin is a bestselling, award-winning author who has dreamed of writing romantic fiction since she was fifteen and her older sister sneaked a copy of Kathleen Woodiwiss' Shanna to her and told her to read it. Rebecca writes women's fiction and contemporary romance. When not passionately pursuing her dream, Rebecca is busy with her day-job at a major state university.

Rebecca is a member o

Sterling University (3 books)
  • Winning Dr. Wentworth (Sterling University, #2)
  • Educating Dr. Mayfield (Sterling University, #3)