Start by marking “Het plantenboek” as Want to Read:
Het plantenboek

Het plantenboek

(Welcome to the Museum)

Kom alles te weten over de evolutie van het plantenrijk.
Published 2016 by Uitgeverij Lannoo nv

To ask other readers questions about Het plantenboek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Het plantenboek

Bruce Gargoyle
I received a copy of this title from Five Mile Press for review.

Ten Second Synopsis:
An introduction to the world of plant-life presented in a visually stunning format.

Given that I don’t know much about plants, I thought I would instead explain to you the things you really need to know about Botanicum; those things that will inspire you to make this eye-catching book part of your collection.

1. It’s impressively large.
You know how in some middle grade, usually fantasy stories there might be a scen
Ksenia (vaenn)
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
Якщо мене зараз спитати, що за книжка є найкрасивішою на світі, я довго не міркуватиму. “Ботанікум“! “Ботанікум” від Кейти Скотт і Кесі Вілліс – фантастично чудова книжка, гортаючи яку мені хотілося плакати

З двох причин. По-перше, це неймовірно красиво. Ок, припустимо, я – фанатка ботанічної ілюстрації, тобто є людиною упередженою. Але… це ж правда захмарно прекрасно! По-друге, ця книжка викликає бентежно заздрісний розпач. Чому, чому в моєму середньошкільному дитинстві не було такої прекрасної
Metin Yılmaz
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science
Muazzam bir bilgi müzesi. Üstelik bu müze her zaman ziyaret edilebilir durumda. Hem bitkilerin tarihini, hem türlerini hem de ne kadar önemli olduklarını öğreniyorsunuz. Sıkılmadan herkesin okuyabileceği mükemmel bir çalışma. Özellikle çocuklarınıza bu tip çalışmaları almalısınız.
Angie
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Beautiful book. The artwork is amazing and there is so much to learn.
Muhsin Dogan
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was amazing. I can count as a beginner for botanic. However the book gives valuable and simple information about the Botanica. I strongly recommend for everyone who desires to learn about nature...
Marky
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Tohle je dokonalost ♥.♥
5/5*

Fotorecenze: https://marky-books.blogspot.cz/2018/...
Elizabeth
excellent addition to a homeschool library or budding artist's collection. the illustrations are detailed and easy to study; the tree of life is my favorite to get lost in. also, the large format is perfect to illustrate the plant world.
Grace Williams
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: art
Beautiful illustrations, great inspiration for drawing. (Note to self: posters available to purchase on Amazon)
Pam Proctor
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book and don't want to return it to the library. I stumbled on it on the junior books section and was attracted by the beautiful color drawings. Each page could be framed. And because it is written for younger readers, the science of plants is explained simply and powerfully.
Vera Godley
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a gorgeous book! It is a book jam-packed with such a plethora of information about plants from the tiniest to the largest, from above ground to those tucked away underneath rocks or soil. It is a treasure trove of botanical information for the young and young at heart.

The book is touted for those ages 8 to 12 but surely they can't mean that! This book is a treasure and plant lovers (and soon-to-be plant lovers) of ALL ages will find themselves immersed for hours observing the detail of t
Rebecca
Love, love, love. The "Welcome to the Museum" series includes Welcome to the Museum: Historium, Animalium, and now Botanicum (probably my favorite because I love to draw plants). Kathy Willis's illustrations are eye-popping and wonderfully huge in this oversize book -- I especially love the double-page "Tree of Life" spread. If you think this kind of specimen book looks familiar, you are probably recalling one of her influences, Ernst Haeckel, and his "Art Forms of Nature." Text is informative a ...more
Megan
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is gorgeous and so informative!
Charlotte Stevenson
For adults and children alike, this an absolutely wonderful book. Informative without being condescending and easily understandable, this is an opportunity for all of us to learn something new about the plant life that makes up so much of our world. Often plants might be dismissed as simple structures, when the reality is that they are extremely complex - sometimes perhaps almost as much as humans!

I particularly enjoyed the illustration for the cacti, succulents and carnivorous plants which I k
Kathryn Fay
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Gorgeous and fascinating!! I want wall paper made of the images...does it exist?
Sam
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: elem-ed-science
Love the size! Upon opening you are immersed into massive, detailed, beautiful depictions of a variety of plants. By having such large, detailed visuals you. An engage in a variety of discussions around the nature of science and plant content. Each one has an accompanying key describing measurements and more detailed information. There are also paragraphs on each set of plants describing the history or unique characteristics of the group. However, these are rather less accessible to young learne ...more
Teresa Edmunds
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
This book, in a word, is GORGEOUS! The illustrations are superb and detailed and wonderful. It isn't just eye candy though. It also is very informative. The book covers plant life from algae to sequoia to bulbs and everything in-between. With almost 1/2 million plants identified on the earth, the book cannot cover it all, but it covers the main plant groups and many interesting and unusual varieties. Willis often includes the Latin names so it might be difficult for younger students to read, but ...more
Rebecca Johnson
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I have a real fondness for illustrated reference texts - in part because it makes me think of the kinds of glossy illustrated encyclopaedias you would use as a child, and partly because it just makes me want to draw random collections of interesting things.
Botanicum is, above all things, an absolutely beautiful book. Every page is a delight and you’re left wanting to go back to the start to pore over them again. The level of text is just right - enough to provide context and spark interest, but
Audrey
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just gorgeous. I actually spotted this in the children's section of a highly curated boutique in Phoenix AZ and wrote it down to find at our local library. I'm so glad I did. Gorgeous artwork, with a really interesting organization -- it's set up to mimic the layout of a museum, so there are illustrations with captions, as well as a terrarium habitat at the end of each room (section). Lots of good technical information here, but again, the details are well-curated too, so that it's appropriate f ...more
Teri Reck
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this fabulous book in the Elliot Bay Bookstore in Seattle--in the children's section, although it is a book for all ages. I was attracted to the exquisite botanical illustrations--it is worth perusing for that alone! It is a great overview of the plant kingdom, and it includes plants from all around the world. Although condensed, it is still a wealth of information about the different types of plants and what makes them unique. Absolutely beautiful book!!!
Kathryn Kania
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These books a effing gorgeous and extremely informative! Presented in a very well-thought out manner, I found it easy to digest as a newbie while also giving me a really good grounding in what the heck plants are all about. But really, I'm in it on these series for just how freaking beautiful these books are. Welcome to the Museum is a MUST BUY for my library.
Kaylee
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, science
Pulled this beautiful book off the cart at the library before they could find a shelf big enough for it to fit on. Gorgeously illustrated, yes. But also well written. (That has not been my general experience with large coffee table eye-candy). The text gives enough information to spark interest and doesn't get bogged down with technical language. I happily devoured every paragraph and picture.
Iris
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: informative
I adored this book. I'm really into flora and this book shows in an easy way how everything works. The book is also ceparately in chapters and they're very good separated. I'm really hoping Kathy Scott will publish other books with her botanical drawings because I adore them. I think I would not have bought this book if it wasn't for her amazing drawings.
Km
Mooie illustraties, tekst kan inspirerender
Juli Anna
A wonderful children's botany book, with gorgeous illustrations.
Kristine
Oct 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Gorgeous. Lush. Made me happy:)
Anna Wallman
Uuuunderbara bilder och lite småintressant text men lite väl svårläst för att utge sig för att vara en barnbok tycker jag! Köp/låna den för bildernas skull!
Kay
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stupendo viaggio in un museo immaginario dove ammirare le meraviglie che il mondo vegetale ci riserva!!! Consigliatissimo per gli amanti della natura e per piccoli botanici!!!
Bookish
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This fantastic primer on the world of plants is one of the most beautifully illustrated books I have ever seen.
Bec Wilson
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stunning. Would love an Australian version
Charbel El Haddad
illustrative book and informational. colorful pictures and basic and important information for all botanicum
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Winter Solstice
  • Natural World: A Visual Compendium of Wonders from Nature
  • Lightship
  • Water Sings Blue: Ocean Poems
  • Anything But Ordinary Addie: The True Story of Adelaide Herrmann, Queen of Magic
  • Egyptian Art
Kathy Willis is the director of science at the Royal Botanic Gardens in Kew, England. She is also a professor of biodiversity in the zoology department at the University of Oxford and an adjunct biology professor at the University of Bergen. She has authored or co-authored more than one hundred scientific publications, including the landmark book The Evolution of Plants. This is her first book for ...more

Welcome to the Museum (4 books)
  • Animalium