Start by marking “Love Plus One” as Want to Read:
Love Plus One

Love Plus One

(Maths #1)

Laurie and James are a monogamous couple with an occasional lover in James’s best friend, Al. It is a casual, friend-with-benefits situation which suits them all, especially given Al’s promiscuous lifestyle.

When Al is assaulted, however, Laurie and James are forced to confront the fact that their feelings for Al might be stronger than mere liking. But would free spirit Al
ebook
Published January 9th 2017 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about Love Plus One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Plus One

Gigi
I have to tell you right off the bat that I DID enjoy a good portion of this book. I thought the sex was hot, the passionate emotions were strong and I love a good love-infused threesome.

BUT...

Here comes my personal pet peeve that has nothing to do with anything other than my personal preference. (It sucks when you are the first one to review a book that has issues about it you can't agree with.) But I read it and this is my honest opinion.

As it states in the blurb, Laurie and James are involved
Erica Chilson
I received a copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

3.5 Stars

Below my review is commentary after reading both books 1 & 2, and which order they should be read in.

Laurie and James are in a committed relationship. Laurie has known James for a long time, as he is James' mother's best friend. So Laurie has seen James and Al- James' best friend- grow up into adults. Love Plus One features an age-gap and an unconventional relationship with Al, who occasionally visits their bed.

Th
Sara
4.5 Hearts

Wow. Yeah, this book packs even emotion than One Plus One and that surprised me.

I am going to recommend you read these books out of listed order. I cannot imagine starting with this and not knowing the history of James, Al and Laurie. We got James’ POV in One Plus One telling his story of the unrequited crush on his mother’s friend, Laurie and how he turned to his best friend Al for comfort and sexual release. You need to understand the length and depth of friendship James and Al have
Mollien Fote Osterman

When Al is assaulted, however, Laurie and James are for
Christina's Bookshelf
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm
I was actually consumed by this story. The hot sexual flames scorched at every turn. This story is not for the pure Harlequin lovers. This story is not the traditional HEA we've all come to know.

A threesome that starts as a compromise turns into something much more. Laurie and James are in a committed relationship but James makes Laurie a deal; stop smoking and he'll get Al over for a menage.

Al is a bisexual free spirit and will never full commit to someone. After he was brutally attacked he c
Lynn
Menage stories can easily be a mess, especially if you're introducting a third to an already established couple. However this was done really well, written thoughtfully and with care to show their growing feelings towards one another.

The three MCs were great, with well fleshed out characters and backgrounds and I immediately felt a connection to them.

Their journey was both heartwarming and heartbreaking at times and their chemistry was definitely HOT.
However I did feel there too many sex scen
Rosemary Amico
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
You'll want to read this book if you enjoy:

* M/M/M erotica and romance
* Positive portrayals of polyamory and kink
* Positive portrayals of gay and bisexual characters, as well as of queer and non-conventional relationships
* Positive portrayals of casual sex and those who choose to have it
* Erotica with really well fleshed out characters that you grow to love and desperately want to be all together and happy

Slight trigger warnings for mention of sexual assault (not graphically depicted but it's ha
UnusualChild{beppy}
4 stars

Synopsis:

Laurie and James are in a (mostly) monogamous relationship. The only exception to their monogamy is James' friend, Al, who they have sex with on a regular basis. Al is not in to monogamy, which is fine for all involved. When Al is assaulted, though, he comes to live with Laurie and James while he recovers. Laurie and James admit to themselves that they also have feelings for Al, in a more than friendship way.
Al doesn't want to be in a relationship, since he feels that will stifle
Natosha Wilson
I had a really hard time reading this completely all the way through. In some ways it was a very good book where the hot sexy scenes was concerned but other times it was not so great.

These three men have a very unconventional relationship with one another. I guess my biggest problem I had with this book is that not all the rules applied evenly in this three way relationship.

James and Laurie are in a committed relationship and decided to bring in their best friend for some occasional fun, Al. Th
Katie
Feb 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
*I received the copy on NetGalley in an exchange for an honest review*

~Brief mentions of graphic violence and oral gang rape after the fact~
Just putting the warning at the beginning so that everyone knows what they are getting into. It is copied from the beginning of the book.

I loved the first sentence in the book. 'Laurie and James were monog-Al-mous.' It is from the first part, obviously, which is told from Laurie's viewpoint. However, I disliked the fact how thrown into the book I was. The o
C.L.
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars, rounded up to four because I loved Al.

There were so many things I liked about this book. One was Al’s unapologetic bisexuality. I loved that we got to see him with both men and women and he didn’t show a preference for one or the other, appreciating both for what they had to offer.

Another was James and Laurie’s relationship. I liked the way they loved each other but both knew there was room for Al in there too, at first just as a friend who sometimes sleeps with them but later as more
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
Love Plus One is a different kind of story.

James and Laurie are in a loving, committed, monogamous relationship, with the exception of their sometime addition of James' best friend, Al. Al is a free-wheeling guy who doesn't believe in love, commitment or relationships. His only close relationship at all is with James, his long time best friend. He has fwb and ons's with both men and women, but is always up front with them about not wanting commitment or a relationship, so at least he's honest.

Wh
Roberta Blablanski
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
There is a warning at the beginning of the book that alerts the reader to "[b]rief mentions of graphic violence and oral gang rape after the fact." It's a good warning for those who would benefit.

Laurie and James are in a monogamous, committed relationship. About once a week they add Al, James' childhood friend, to their mix. Al enjoys playing the field and doesn't want to settle down.

Al gets sexually assaulted one night and turns to Laurie and James for solace. He eventually comes to the realiz
Karen
Jan 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtqa
this is one of those YMMV books. i knew going in that there would be smut - it's erotica/romance, after all - but i think i underestimated it. as somebody who prefers fade to black or the smut to be kept to a minimum, this was simply too much. i just don't care about smut, and for the smut to be close to 70% of the novel's contents...well. those who do like smutty novels will like this, i'm sure. it's just not for me.

i thought the writing was a bit bland as well - it just didn't grab me.

what i d
~
Feb 04, 2018 added it
Shelves: age-gap, dnf
i love mmm books but I'm gonna dnf this book at least I'm on 82% but i can't read it anymore i hard a really hard time reading this....my problem with this book has nothing to do with it but everything to do with my personal preferences.. These three men have an unconventional relationship..
Laurie and James are in a loving relationship while Al joins them from time to time.. Al who loves sex, doesn't do relationship and loves to party..
What disturbed me most was, Al was raped this was supposed
Jess Gabriel
I wanted to love this a lot more than I did. The sex was definitely hot, but since I never felt like I got to know the guys, it didn't resonate. I genuinely liked James, Laurie, and Al, but I could never connect with them. Looking at other reviews, it seems like maybe I should have read book 2 first. This also seemed quite a bit long, which could be because I wasn't connected with the story. When books are great, I never want them to end.

I did generally like this author's writing style, and thi
Dannielle
Jan 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: net-galley, 2018, bdsm, m-m, menage
This was a hot book that includes a lot of sex between a gay couple and their mutual male friend. I liked Laurie and James, and they were an awesome couple. When you add Al to the mix things really get interesting. Laurie’s Dom personality comes out and Al’s submissive side and James enjoys the ride.

I was disappointed that there wasn’t more follow up with Al’s assault. It sorta seems that leaving the case hanging doesn’t give Al any closure or feeling of security.

I liked the ending and I’m gla
Michelle
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
I love the concept of this book. But I just couldn't get into this. The writing style (telling instead of sharing) was hard for me. The second half which was more Al's POV was easier.

~I volunteered to read this provided by NetGalley. If not it would be on my Did-Not-Finish list
Heather Martin
Jan 06, 2017 rated it liked it
*Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by the author/publisher for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.*

Laurie and James are a monogamous couple but, one night, James makes a proposition to Laurie. If Laurie gives up smoking then James will consent to them inviting Al into his bed. Al is James' best friend and one-time lover. Al does not do monogamy or relationships and usually sleeps with anyone who gets his attention, male or female. He flirts with
Janis F
Jan 09, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the first book I've read by PA Friday and I truly enjoyed it. It's a male romance with three very different male characters who's chemistry is totally off the charts.

The beginning of the book started a bit strange for me. I felt like I was starting in the middle of the story but then things evened out and I really got into it. There is a scene that deals with rape, so please be prepared for that. I had tears in my eyes during a few of the scenes.

It's a pretty quick read, just a little
D
Gabby-Lily Raines
Jan 30, 2018
Hart
Jun 06, 2017 added it
I have mixed feelings about this book, so I'm not going to give it a star rating.

So this is erotica, and the plot is basically about Al falling in love with the couple for whom he's sometimes a third. There are a lot of sex scenes. Coupled with Al's traumatic experience, the plot has a feeling of "magical healing cock(s)." I really only like that trope when it's ridiculous, like sex has actual magic properties in a fantasy world. In the real world, I think it's a dangerous concept. Of course we
Penelope
Line
Jan 09, 2017
Neko
Jan 19, 2017
P.A. Friday lives in the UK with one partner, one child, and one cat and has a creeping paranoia that she is obsessed with the number one. The only time when "one" cannot be used to describe her, however, is in her writing: she fails dismally to write one sort of thing and, when not writing erotic romance of all sexualities, may be found writing articles on disability, pagan poetry, or science fic ...more

Maths (3 books)