Start by marking “Sorrow's Turn (Marker Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sorrow's Turn (Marker Chronicles, #3)

Sorrow's Turn (The Marker Chronicles #3)

Some Things are Worse Than Demons.

Jimmy Holiday, reluctant exorcist, is finally getting the help he needs from the higher-ups. The Order of Markers is sending him to the Vatican’s exorcism school. Now, he’ll receive the training he should have gotten at the beginning. One problem, someone wants to sabotage him.

When his time at the school is cut short, Jimmy receives an in
Paperback
Published March 1st 2017 by City Owl Press

To ask other readers questions about Sorrow's Turn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sorrow's Turn

Susan
May 04, 2017 Susan rated it it was amazing
Jimmy Holiday is an exorcist even though he hasn't been trained to be one. He has a partner that is a witch named Tabby. She owns a cat. He also has 2 ghosts -- Lucy and Doc Holiday. Lucy is somehow unable to not be with Jimmy. Jimmy if finally getting the classes for exorcism in Italy. He requested a translator which doesn't show up. In his exorcism classes, he gets bored (doesn't understand Italian) so starts playing with Lucy. The first time, he is scolded in Italian. The next time he is caug ...more
Louann Carroll
Mar 12, 2017 Louann Carroll rated it it was amazing
Jimmy Holiday, defrocked priest and reluctant exorcist continues his adventures in Sorrow's Turn. Together with his witchy girlfriend Tabby, Lucy, a ghost with a past, and Doc Holliday, Jimmy's gunslinger ancestor and the protector of Lucy's soul, they once again face a world where demons and devils fight for superiority in a troubled world.

In book 2, Tabby receives a "fleshing rod" from the Devil, but it takes a curious little girl with a love for pizza, to give the wand a try creating a body f
Katie Weigle
Jun 20, 2017 Katie Weigle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read the whole series in two days!

These books weren't just horror books although they were scary, they were endearing and very very interesting. I would suggest these books to anyone who wants to read more than mindless horror!
Kristin Dutt
Mar 14, 2017 Kristin Dutt rated it it was amazing
While this is book three in The Marker Chronicles you can read this as a stand alone technically but you might as well start from the beginning. My goodness Jimmy does have the worse luck for being a exorcist. Nothing seems to go right at all for him and of course The Order is always watching him and screwing him over sometimes lol.

Jimmy and Lucy (You'll have to read it to figure out who she is) get dragged off for some "classes" in the Vatican. Well once again Jimmy's luck is amazing even inte
Lilyn G. (Scifi and Scary)
Proper review to come, but ... Like Sorrow's Point, I read Sorrow's Turn on one sitting. Sorrow's Edge was good, but this one is better.

Disclaimer: Free copy from author for review consideration.
Ashley Martinez
Mar 14, 2017 Ashley Martinez rated it really liked it
This is the first book in the series I've read and I wish I would've read the other ones first. I could follow the story fine but there were some many questions I had of what previously happened that I would recommend starting with the books in order.

I did enjoy the story though. It was fun and entertaining. Jimmy is definitely not your typical exorcist and I can't wait to hear more of his adventure and what happens next.

I voluntarily reviewed an arc from the author.
Julia Long
Mar 06, 2017 Julia Long rated it it was amazing
Another Great story of Jimmy Holliday

As always Danielle DeVor captured my attention at the very beginning of the story. Jimmy Holliday has become one of my favorite characters that I love to read. She has made me fall in love with him and his ongoing adventures. Looking forward to seeing what happens next.
Sandy Hall
Sandy Hall rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2017
Valerie Jill Nesbitt
Valerie Jill Nesbitt rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2017
City Owl
City Owl rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2016
Denise
Denise rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2017
Teresa
Mar 27, 2017 Teresa rated it really liked it

Jimmy Holiday is a reluctant exorcist. He is all a defrocked Priest and is living with Tabby a witch, 2 spirits Lucy and Doc, and a cat. I have to say my favorite part of the book was when Tabby told
Victoria Lee
Apr 02, 2017 Victoria Lee rated it liked it
Sorrow's Turn by Danielle Devor is the third in the Marker Chronicles series. On the whole, I enjoyed the book although there were sections where I couldn't stand the main character.
Steven Ramirez
Mar 28, 2017 Steven Ramirez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the first two books in this series, and this one is my favorite. Mainly, I love the way the author has developed the relationship between Jimmy Holiday and his old-now-new girlfriend, Tabby who, as it happens is also his exorcism buddy. Yeah, you read that right. A former Catholic priest has teamed up with a witch to save the world from bad things. Quite a unique concept, if you ask me.

The central conflict in the series is within Jimmy himself. He has learned to his never-ending bewilderm
Yanrong Pang
Yanrong Pang rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2017
Tabatha Settle
Tabatha Settle rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2017
books are love
Apr 21, 2017 books are love rated it really liked it
Overall I am enjoying this series and the book was good. I love how we have a core group of characters and they are central to the plot, theme and action.

Jimmy is the marker. He is a wee bit whiny but overall okay. He is I think a little confused. he was a priest and now he is kind of working with the vatican but not so the confusion sets in on who he is in terms of his faith’s position. He isn’t confused on his feelings. He does love his feelings for Tabby, or the souls that are with him. He ha
Jody
Mar 26, 2017 Jody rated it it was amazing
An entertaining and fun novel with elements of horror and dark fantasy.

The suspense builds and the twists and turns keep you turning pages as we revisit the reluctant exorcist, Jimmy Holiday, and his cast of intriguing characters, Tabby, Lucy, and Doc Holiday in the third book of the series. Throw in some ghosts and other members of the undead - plus a trip to the Vatican and Sorrow’s Turn becomes an adventure to remember.
I enjoyed Ms. DeVor’s novel. It’s an easy, quick read that’s entertainin
Heposton
Heposton rated it did not like it
Feb 28, 2017
Cheryllynn Dyess
Apr 10, 2017 Cheryllynn Dyess rated it really liked it
I've had the pleasure to read the previous books in this series, I highly suggest anyone else to do the same.

Sorrow's Turn picks up right where book two left off, Jimmy in the mix of trouble, love, and demons. De Vor did a wonderful job creating the third book with mysterious characters and funny moments. If you enjoy a good read that includes demons, ghosts, and exorcism... this series is definitely for you!
carla stout
carla stout rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2017
Yelena Casale
Yelena Casale rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2017
James
James rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2017
Donna
*I voluntarily reviewed and ARC of this book*

I haven't read book 1 & 2 so I had no idea what to expect as I started this book. This book grabbed my attention right away. It is a fun and entertaining read and I really wish I had read the other books. I will be adding them to my TBR.
Doug Everly
Doug Everly rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2017
Teresa
Mar 27, 2017 Teresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sorrow's Turn (Marker Chronicles, #3) by Danielle DeVor I have read the first 3 books in this series so far. Book 1 was really good, book 2 I wasn't all that crazy about book 3 (this one) was pretty good. I do like the pretense of the series just not crazy about the lead character Jimmy. Boy needs to man up and get serious instead of being a whiny baby.

James  Robert
James Robert marked it as to-read
Margaret Appel
Margaret Appel marked it as to-read
Chelsey Blood
Chelsey Blood marked it as to-read
Maryalice adrian
Maryalice adrian marked it as to-read
Lisa Cox
Lisa Cox marked it as to-read
Stacy Gragg
Stacy Gragg marked it as to-read
BooksForHope
BooksForHope marked it as to-read
Debbie Garrett
Debbie Garrett marked it as to-read
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Onyinye Akpanisi
Onyinye Akpanisi marked it as to-read
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Misty
Misty marked it as to-read
Jonella Moore
Jonella Moore marked it as to-read
Angelica Mancillas
Angelica Mancillas marked it as to-read
Allyson Abu-hajar
Allyson Abu-hajar marked it as to-read
Beth Tilley
Beth Tilley marked it as to-read
Rachael Clemons
Rachael Clemons marked it as to-read
Lori Byrd
Lori Byrd marked it as to-read
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Laury
Laury marked it as to-read
Diana Page
Diana Page marked it as to-read
Linda Szymoniak
Linda Szymoniak marked it as to-read
Icykhool
Icykhool marked it as to-read
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
LaGina
LaGina marked it as to-read
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Books, Blogs, Aut...: Review Request for Dark Fantasy 1 5 Mar 12, 2017 07:16PM
Goodreads Reviewe...: Review Request for Dark Fantasy 2 18 Mar 12, 2017 07:15PM
Danielle DeVor spent her early years fantasizing about vampires and watching “Salem’s Lot” way too many times. After living briefly in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, she moved back to her hometown to write. When not writing and reading about weird things, you will find her hanging out at the nearest coffee shop, enjoying a mocha frappuccino.
More about Danielle DeVor...

The Marker Chronicles (3 books)
  • Sorrow's Point