Start by marking “Sorrow's Turn (Marker Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sorrow's Turn (Marker Chronicles, #3)

Sorrow's Turn

(The Marker Chronicles #3)

Some Things are Worse Than Demons.

Jimmy Holiday, reluctant exorcist, is finally getting the help he needs from the higher-ups. The Order of Markers is sending him to the Vatican’s exorcism school. Now, he’ll receive the training he should have gotten at the beginning. One problem, someone wants to sabotage him.

When his time at the school is cut short, Jimmy receives an
Published March 1st 2017 by City Owl Press

To ask other readers questions about Sorrow's Turn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sorrow's Turn

Start your review of Sorrow's Turn (Marker Chronicles, #3)
Selina
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
***I received this ARC from the publisher via netgalley in exchange for an honest review*** I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.

This was such a disappointing read. I was expecting the creepiness and the mystery from the first book. Sadly I did not get any of that. This was boring. Frankly I kept having to put the book down and do other stuff because I found myself rolling my eyes the majority of the story.

The creepiness of the first book that I loved so much was nowhere
Susan
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jimmy Holiday is an exorcist even though he hasn't been trained to be one. He has a partner that is a witch named Tabby. She owns a cat. He also has 2 ghosts -- Lucy and Doc Holiday. Lucy is somehow unable to not be with Jimmy. Jimmy if finally getting the classes for exorcism in Italy. He requested a translator which doesn't show up. In his exorcism classes, he gets bored (doesn't understand Italian) so starts playing with Lucy. The first time, he is scolded in Italian. The next time he is ...more
Louann Carroll
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jimmy Holiday, defrocked priest and reluctant exorcist continues his adventures in Sorrow's Turn. Together with his witchy girlfriend Tabby, Lucy, a ghost with a past, and Doc Holliday, Jimmy's gunslinger ancestor and the protector of Lucy's soul, they once again face a world where demons and devils fight for superiority in a troubled world.

In book 2, Tabby receives a "fleshing rod" from the Devil, but it takes a curious little girl with a love for pizza, to give the wand a try creating a body
Katie Weigle
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read the whole series in two days!

These books weren't just horror books although they were scary, they were endearing and very very interesting. I would suggest these books to anyone who wants to read more than mindless horror!
Lesley Hewitt
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good supernatural thriller

A defrocked priest, a witch and her familiar, a car called Isaac and a couple of ghosts. One being Doc Holliday all team up to fight Demons. I can't wait to read the next book.
Kristin Dutt
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
While this is book three in The Marker Chronicles you can read this as a stand alone technically but you might as well start from the beginning. My goodness Jimmy does have the worse luck for being a exorcist. Nothing seems to go right at all for him and of course The Order is always watching him and screwing him over sometimes lol.

Jimmy and Lucy (You'll have to read it to figure out who she is) get dragged off for some "classes" in the Vatican. Well once again Jimmy's luck is amazing even
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
This is the first book in the series I've read and I wish I would've read the other ones first. I could follow the story fine but there were some many questions I had of what previously happened that I would recommend starting with the books in order.

I did enjoy the story though. It was fun and entertaining. Jimmy is definitely not your typical exorcist and I can't wait to hear more of his adventure and what happens next.

I voluntarily reviewed an arc from the author.
Julia Long
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another Great story of Jimmy Holliday

As always Danielle DeVor captured my attention at the very beginning of the story. Jimmy Holliday has become one of my favorite characters that I love to read. She has made me fall in love with him and his ongoing adventures. Looking forward to seeing what happens next.
Lilyn G. | Sci-Fi & Scary | "Empathy" - Look it up.
I know dang good and well I uploaded the review for this book before and that somehow it got eaten. Let me try again.

Sorrow’s Turn is the third entry into the Marker Chronicle series that started with Sorrow’s Point. Sorrow’s Point was an amazing book with characters that made a permanent impression. The story continued, although not quite in the same vein, in Sorrow’s Edge. That book was still good, but had a different feel to it. With Sorrow’s Turn, it feels like Danielle DeVor has firmly
Victoria Lee
Apr 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Sorrow's Turn by Danielle Devor is the third in the Marker Chronicles series. On the whole, I enjoyed the book although there were sections where I couldn't stand the main character.
Sandy Hall
Denise Lebon
Oct 31, 2017
Teresa
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have read the first 3 books in this series so far. Book 1 was really good, book 2 I wasn't all that crazy about book 3 (this one) was pretty good. I do like the pretense of the series just not crazy about the lead character Jimmy. Boy needs to man up and get serious instead of being a whiny baby.

Jimmy Holiday is a reluctant exorcist. He is all a defrocked Priest and is living with Tabby a witch, 2 spirits Lucy and Doc, and a cat. I have to say my favorite part of the book was when Tabby told
Viki H
Sep 10, 2018
Steven Ramirez
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the first two books in this series, and this one is my favorite. Mainly, I love the way the author has developed the relationship between Jimmy Holiday and his old-now-new girlfriend, Tabby who, as it happens is also his exorcism buddy. Yeah, you read that right. A former Catholic priest has teamed up with a witch to save the world from bad things. Quite a unique concept, if you ask me.

The central conflict in the series is within Jimmy himself. He has learned to his never-ending
Katie Sheldon
Tabatha Settle
Mar 06, 2017
books are love
Apr 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Overall I am enjoying this series and the book was good. I love how we have a core group of characters and they are central to the plot, theme and action.

Jimmy is the marker. He is a wee bit whiny but overall okay. He is I think a little confused. he was a priest and now he is kind of working with the vatican but not so the confusion sets in on who he is in terms of his faith’s position. He isn’t confused on his feelings. He does love his feelings for Tabby, or the souls that are with him. He
Jen
Feb 22, 2019
Jody
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An entertaining and fun novel with elements of horror and dark fantasy.

The suspense builds and the twists and turns keep you turning pages as we revisit the reluctant exorcist, Jimmy Holiday, and his cast of intriguing characters, Tabby, Lucy, and Doc Holiday in the third book of the series. Throw in some ghosts and other members of the undead - plus a trip to the Vatican and Sorrow’s Turn becomes an adventure to remember.
I enjoyed Ms. DeVor’s novel. It’s an easy, quick read that’s
Christina
Sep 30, 2018
Heposton
rated it did not like it
Feb 28, 2017
carla stout
Apr 24, 2017
Books, Blogs, Aut...: Review Request for Dark Fantasy 1 5 Mar 12, 2017 07:16PM
Goodreads Reviewe...: Review Request for Dark Fantasy 2 18 Mar 12, 2017 07:15PM

• The Ghosts of Kali Oka Road (Gulf Coast Paranormal Book 1)
  • Battlestar Suburbia
  • Liquid Cool: The Cyberpunk Detective Series (Liquid Cool, #1)
  • Classic Ghost Stories: By Charles Dickens, M.R. James, Washington Irving, Lewis Carroll, Oscar Wilde and more
  • The 12 Dragons of Albion (The King's Watch, #2)
  • A Haunting on Bloodgood Row (Gulf Coast Paranormal Book 3)
  • The Ghosts of the Crescent Theater (Gulf Coast Paranormal Book 2)
  • Ajax Penumbra 1969 (Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore, #0.5)
  • Wicked Never Sleeps (The Hex Files: Mysteries from the Sixth Borough, #1)
  • Blood Huntress (Ruled by Blood, #1)
  • Stuff Matters: Exploring the Marvelous Materials That Shape Our Man-Made World
  • Ginger Gold Mysteries Books 1-3 (Ginger Gold #1-3)
  • Ghost Electricity (Hawthorn House, #1)
  • The Lonely Heart Attack Club (The Lonely Heart Attack Club #1)
  • Jaffle Inc
  • Saving Mr. K: A Montague & Strong Detective Story
  • Summer Magic (Thorne Witches, #1)
  • Rest in Pieces: The Curious Fates of Famous Corpses
Danielle DeVor spent her early years fantasizing about vampires and watching “Salem’s Lot” way too many times. After living briefly in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, she moved back to her hometown to write. When not writing and reading about weird things, you will find her hanging out at the nearest coffee shop, enjoying a mocha frappuccino.

The Marker Chronicles (3 books)
  • Sorrow's Point (The Marker Chronicles, #1)
  • Sorrow's Edge