Start by marking “A Quarter to Twelve (The Time Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
A Quarter to Twelve (The Time Series Book 1)

A Quarter to Twelve (The Time Series Book 1)

4.46  ·  Rating details ·  54 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
JaneDoe123
Happy, single, divorcee.
Successful business woman.
Content on perving on the cute guy at the gym. At least until my best friend sets me up on an online dating site. Now, all I’m doing is blocking dick pictures.

TrickyRicky
Burned by bad breakup.
Envied chef.
Going to kill my brother for not only setting up a profile on this online dating site but giving me this user
ebook, paperback
Published February 25th 2017

To ask other readers questions about A Quarter to Twelve, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Quarter to Twelve

Kate's Corner

WARNING: Honest Opinion Ahead

A quarter to twelve reminded me a lot of the film Serendipity with Kate Beckinsale & John Cusack. Got to say fantastic film. As with the couple in the film here as well I was rooting for Ava and Patrick to meet and to get their happy end.

The author hits the nail on the head with a sweet, hilarious, endearing read about the new world of dating via the internet. Its ups and downs and finding THE ONE. Or True Shoe. Or looking really hard for a prince among the frog
Richelle Robinson
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it

Ava and Patrick are both trying to get back into the dating scene after heartbreak. They decide to give online dating a shot. Their first encounter was a doozy. Anything that could go wrong did go wrong for the two. I couldn't help but laugh at how things played out. Eventually fate gives them a break and they finally get to meet. What I did like about the couple was that they both had insecurity issues. They were both relatable and it was a nice break from the “hourglass figure” and “washboard
Jamie
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my god! How have I not read this author before now!? This book was so much fun to read!

If you're looking for an H that's ripped, blonde hair, blue eyes and looks like an Adonis, you won't find that here. Patrick and Ava are not the typical stop and turn to stare when you pass them on the street, kind of people. They are average, ordinary and what some would consider boring. But, let me tell you. These two characters? They are perfect and quite honestly, I loved reading about two people not so
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Image

ARC received from author for an honest review

Hands up if you have had a dodgy online dating experience (raises hand. Maybe one day I will tell you about the guy who was waaaaay too excited about his job in the viscera room at a pet food factory).

Ava and Patrick's story is sweet and funny and at times frustrating. But most of all it was full of hope. Hope that things will fall into place. Hopes that this could be it, this could be the one.

The best thing about our lovelies? They are real. They ar
Marieke (Marieke's Books & Books and Tequila)
A Quarter to Twelve is the first book I’ve read by Josephine Traynor. She’s a fairly new author, this is only her second book. A Quarter to Twelve is a romantic comedy and tells the story of Ava and Patrick, both successful in business but not so lucky when it comes to love. Although some parts of the story are just funny, other parts have a deeper meaning. I really like it!
“Romance in books and movies, love it. Romance in my real life, usually a lot more complicated.”

After her husband walked
Bobbi Wagner
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Quarter to Twelve: Book One in the Time Series by Josephine Traynor is the first book in the Time series. This story is about two people who are not so lucky with love but don't realize that is what is missing from their life. This story is romance, funny and excitement. You will love how the author has theses characters connect and characters you will be able to relate to. These characters will take you on a roller coaster ride of emotions that you want to make sure you get on. Find out what ...more
Kim Ginsberg
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book had me laugh and yelling out loud at my screen repeatedly. After one bet JaneDoe123 is stuck on an online dating site where she meets many crazy men who like to send D pics. She finally starts talking to someone semi-normal and they agree to meet up at her favorite restaurant. That date doesn't go how she expects and heads home. She decides to give it one more try when she meets TrickyRicky. They have some amazing conversations and agree to meet up, although that doesn't go quite as pl ...more
Laura Furuta
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Quarter to Twelve: Book one in the Time Series
By: Josephine Traynor
5 out of 5 stars

The story A Quarter to Twelve: Book one in the Time Series by Josephine Traynor is a romantic comedy. She is a successful businesswoman, she’s happy and loves watching a cute guy at the gym that she goes to. Now, thanks to the best intentions of her best friend her profile name is JaneDoe123. No way she could every find the man of her dreams this way.

He is a chef. He was left broken hearted before and doesn’t ne
Penny Stone
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A QUARTER TO TWELVE (Time #1)
AUTHOR: JOSEPHINE TRAYNOR

FIVE STARS

Josephine Traynor is fairly new to the writing scene and she is making her mark with a tremendous talent for writing romantic comedy. A QUARTER TO TWELVE is the first book in her cleverly written TIME SERIES. Memorable characters and hilarious antics combine to make a wonderful story. I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a fun read that quickly carries you away to a happy place.

Ava is a single, divorced, successful bus
Vickie
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Single business woman Ava loses a bet to her best friend Charlotte when she's unable to approach the cute guy at the gym, and she reluctantly agrees to give online dating a try. Having been burnt by her ex husband in the past, to say she's wary and skeptical is an understatement. Facing an endless barrage of cock shots and random men wanting a quick hook up, Ava is quickly losing hope...until TrickyRicky messages her. Seeming to be on the same page, they start to get to know each other online be ...more
Danielle Woods
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars for A Quarter to Twelve.

I should start off by saying that this wasn't my first Josephine Traynor novel. After reading Rock Bottom and loving it, I was excited to see what was next for Josephine Traynor. A Quarter to Twelve didn’t disappoint. This was a really funny, sweet and sexy romance. I laughed a lot throughout this book. I didn’t want to put this book down. The plot was good but I just thought that things happened a bit quickly. If you’re ok with that then you’ll love this book ev
Books And
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Josephine Traynor may only have published her second book but once again has a 5 star read. She beautifully combines real life problems with over the top hilariousness. She makes her characters so relatable that you pause in reading and think how they remind you of a friend, family member or even yourself. Then she makes you laugh, brings you to the verge of tears and then makes you want to find your man and jump him where ever he stands.
Books And
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jazmyne Kaylee (Ramblings of a Bookworm)
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
In A Quarter to Twelve we meet Ava and Patrick, two regular folks who are missing something in their lives. After many failed attempts at love, they’ve both decided (rather reluctantly) to attempt online dating. We have all seen the successes and perils of online dating, as documented in many movies and police records…
The characters are always what elevates a story from liking it, to loving it. When I met Ava and Patrick, there was a little different feel to their story....

For my full review, v
Paula D
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very hilarious, sweet, sexy romance! Ava after a divorce and no confidence Ava's friend makes a bet with her and Ava loses so she is signed up on a dating site. Ava is tried of the lying men and the ones sending private pictures to her that she almost gives up. Ava gets a message and this guy and her hit it off they text constantly and finally Patrick asks to meet her. Will Ava be able to open her heart and get over her physical self? Will Patrick get over his ex and see a girl who loves him for ...more
Liz
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
An obstacle course of comedy and love!
This is a really cute romantic comedy book. It is longer but feel like that was a great thing because I really was wanting the whole story from beginning to end once I was invested. The main gal is Ava. She’s three years out of a divorce from a marriage that lasted about as much as that. Content with her life and not wanting to further suffer any heartbreak she has avoided the whole dating scene all together and thrown herself into her work of starting her o
Anita Glover
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Quarter to Twelve is Book 1 in The Time Series.

The book has two main characters Ava and Patrick. Both have had previous relationships that have resulted in disillusionment and heartache. Patrick’s brother, Chris, and Ava’s best friend are concerned about that they intend to spend the rest of their lives alone. Both intend to make Patrick and Ava do something to improve their quality of life.
Josephine’s dedication: ‘For anyone who has given up on love – don’t’. A Quarter to Twelve explains why
Ashleigh
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Quarter to Twelve is the first book in the time series by Josephine Traynor. Written in first person and from both Ava and Patrick’s POV, we follow their story as they attempt to meet in person for the first time. This is a fun read, with some hilarious, and incredibly frustrating (!), moments.

Dating profiles never give the full picture. JaneDoe123, otherwise known as Ava, is a happy, successful divorcee. And while she hasn’t given too much thought to finding a man, she can’t deny the way the
Jenni Bishop
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
JaneDoe123 is a happily divorced woman who doesn’t do relationships. She has a great successful business she loves and a best friend who she would do anything for except the one thing she can’t bring herself to do, date. She seems content to perv on the one guy at the gym that has caught her eye. When she doesn’t take the next step Charlotte, her bestie decides enough is enough and signs her up to a dating site and JaneDoe123 is born. As soon as JaneDoe123 is set up she starts to get hits but th ...more
Sarahe32
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A quarter to Twelve is book one of the Time Series by Josephine Traynor.

Ava is a successful business woman, happy and very single, her excitement with the men is checking out the man at her local gym a few times a week, she never has the courage to ask him out but he features in many fantasies. Her best friend on the other hand is not happy with her single status and sets her up an online dating profile, Ava is not happy about this but goes with it to keep her friend happy, after many wasted hou
Shannon
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a cute, funny, sweet, perfect story. Sometimes an author just hits all the right spots and Josephine Traynor has done that for me with this story. Not everyone is shaped the same. Fat, thin, love handles, stretch marks, mushroom tops, tall, short. Everyone wants to be loved and accepted and cherished and wanted. Even with their body image problems, people just want someone to love them and their “flaws”, Traynor has given us two exceptional characters in Ava and Patrick.

“When you see somet
Melissa Schaub
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars ****

A Quarter to Twelve by Josephine Traynor is a fun story about what happens when two people who think that it is time to give up the dreams of family and what ultimately happens when other get into their business.
Ava is a successful business owner with low self-esteem and a divorce in her past to help feed her insecurities. She is not looking for a relationship but there are certain things that she misses. Her best friend makes a bet that if she does not talk to the guy at the gym, sh
Gemma Nelson
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A quarter to twelve by Josephine Trainor had us follow Ava in her first foray into online dating. After a divorce and many blind dates set up by her less than flattering mother. Ava is not as confident in her body as she would like, most thanks to her mother's constant jibes at her more squishy bits.

Ava's best friend has finally trapped her in to online dating.With her inbox almost full of of photos that no lady should have to see and a handful of dates that ranged from weird to full on awful.

Th
Amanda O'Connell
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Quarter to Twelve by Josephine Traynor is the first book in the Time Series. Ava lost a bet to her best friend so she is now JaneDoe123 on a dating site. She is a Successful business woman, a divorcee, and happy. She is content with her gym crush and has no need for a dating site but her best friend says it will be good for her. What was she getting herself into?
Patrick is getting over heartbreak, just like Ava. Patrick is a chef and owns his own restaurant. His brother decides to set him up o
Amanda Williams
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Quarter To Twelve by Josephine Traynor is the first book in the Time series and is a five star read for me.

What I loved was the fact that even though its a romance book you had an element of comedy in there too. This book had me gripped right from the start and there are many twists and turns.

I did not want to put it down and even took it with me to read whilst doing housework just so I could finish it.

This book can be enjoyed time and time again. It is amazingly intense and the author prepa
Angelina Frazzini
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Quarter to Twelve by Josephine Traynor is book one of the Time series. This is a new to me author and I'm so glad I read this book. The characters are so relatable dealing with very relatable issues. Both characters have a number of insecurities forged not only from daily life but past relationships as well.

Ava got divorced three years ago. She's been content to work on her business and spend time with her best friend Charlotte. The eye candy at the gym she has a crush on helps pass the time
Maura
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Quarter to Twelve: Book One in the Time Series by Josephine Traynor 5 stars
I enjoyed this book very much. The timing of the book was perfect. Not just the obvious time (quarter to twelve), but the comedic timing, the emotional timing, the cadence with which it’s written. This story has ebb and a flow to it that was a joy to read. It’s a true romantic comedy in every sense of the word.
Ava’s best friend Charlotte has a mission which has been defined “Mission: Get Ava a Man” Ava refuses to be any
Robin Rankin
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Quarter to Twelve is the first book in the Time Series by Josephine Traynor. I loved how the main characters Ava and Patrick were normal people with the insecurities and issues that most of us have, especially being sensitive about their weight.

Ava a thirty something divorcee who has sworn off relationships after her now ex-husband shattered her when has told her he wanted a divorce. After living with her mother for a short time she is happily living on her own and is running her own thriving
Renee
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Quarter to Twelve by Josephine Traynor
Stars: 4
Ava is a happily divorced women who owns a successful business. She has not had a great luck in the love department. Although, there is a cute guy at her gym that she has looking at for some time. Her best friend, Charlotte, gave her a week to talk to the gym cutie. When she failed, Charlotte created a profile on a dating site. That is how JaneDoe123 was created.
Patrick is a kick butt chef with his own restaurant. He thought he found love, but tha
Angela Shirley
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ibb-reviews

Ava has had a tough time in her divorce she has decided dating is too difficult until her best friend Charlotte decides enough is enough and gets her to enrol on a online dating website.

As the profile becomes live she has a few interactions with other people but the majority of them are strange. She does like one profile and decides to meet him in one of her favourite restaurant's but as soon as she meets him there is something not right and it turns out he's married, disillusioned she rips into
About the author

Josephine Traynor is very good at keeping secrets - she’s been a closeted writer for years, but only got brave enough last year to show her writer friend a small chunk of what she’d written.
She’s a mother of two small boys and only told her husband about her book when it was completed. God knows what he thought she was doing on the computer for all those hours!
Josephine’s a lover
More about Josephine Traynor...