Start by marking “Monster in the Closet (Romantic Suspense, #19; Baltimore, #5)” as Want to Read:
Monster in the Closet (Romantic Suspense, #19; Baltimore, #5)

Monster in the Closet

(Romantic Suspense #19)

Monster in the Closet reunites readers with characters from Karen Rose's bestselling Baltimore series.

Published August 29th 2017 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about Monster in the Closet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monster in the Closet

Julie
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it

Monster in the Closet by Karen Rose is a 2017 Berkley Books publication.

Clay’s job is locating missing children, but for years, his own missing daughter remained elusive.

But, when Taylor Dawson arrives at Carters Stables, working as a new intern, those who know Clay begin to suspect she could be his long -lost daughter.

Meanwhile, the traumatized child Taylor is working with may be harboring the identity of a killer.

Naturally, the little girl could be in danger, but if the killer thinks the c
Linda Strong
Jazzie is 11 years old. Coming home from school she finds her mother dead on the floor ... and her killer rooting around in the closet. Jazzie does the only thing she can ... she hides behind a large chair and holds her breath.

Weeks later, Jazzie becomes a part of an organization that provides horse therapy for kids who have been victims of serious crimes. She has no spoken a single word since finding her mother's body ... and she's never told what she knows.

Taylor Dawson is interning at Healin
Jonetta
Taylor Dawson is working as an intern and equine therapist at Daphne’s horse farm, Healing Hearts, but her real agenda is to check out Clay Maynard, her biological father who she only recently learned wasn’t the monster her mother made him out to be. She’s also making headway with one of the kids in her therapy who hasn’t spoken since she witnessed her mother’s murder...unbeknownst to the killer.

The stories that involve children always unnerve me and this one definitely set me on edge. The sce
Pauline
May 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Although I have read Karen Rose books before I have never read any of this Romantic Suspense series and therefor did not know any of the characters from the other books in this series. However The Monster in the Closet can be read as a stand alone novel. I enjoyed reading this book, there were lots of different sub plots that kept me interested. I would like to thank NetGalley for my e-copy in exchange for an honest review.
♥Rachel♥
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Really wish I enjoyed this more, but a few things made it hard. I don't like knowing the killer's identity early on in the story, and unfortunately that's the case here. He was revealed early on, and had his own POV chapters, which was another drawback. He was a hideous person, not surprising since he's a killer, and I didn't like being in his head.

Also, there were so many characters from the previous books that kept popping up, which I guess is fine if you've read the whole series, but I was a
Dianne
We all know monsters are not in the closet, or they shouldn’t be, but for one young girl, that monster was very real and very deadly and all she could do was hide until he left. Jazzie faced a nightmare beyond imagining. She spent hours alone in her ruined apartment, her brutally murdered mother’s body just inches from her and she will never tell what she saw because somehow she knows he will know and come for her, too.

Her complete silence make Jazzie a candidate for Healing Hearts with Horses a
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon * B&N

It's been way too long since I've read a Karen Rose book and I've missed these characters. There were a lot of new faces that I can't wait to go back and meet in their own books, but there was also a lot of older characters that I loved getting to see again. I definitely won't be getting behind on this series again after this.

This book follows Taylor, Clay Maynard's long lost daughter, on her mission to meet and get to know her father. Along the way though she picks up
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
I had high hopes about this book as I have heard a lot about Karen Rose and her writing. One thing became abundantly clear very quickly and that this is truly a continuation in a series. I was at a loss in certain aspects because I had just not read the prior book.

While most of the story was easy to follow, I did get lost with the amount of characters in the book. There are at least 20, if not more, people that are involved in the story. They all intersect and are related in one form or another,
Bookread2day
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Impressive it delivers on a stomach churning of brutality

Jazzie Jarvis and her little sister Janie had once been the rich kids. Before their father left, they had a nice house and a nice car.

But now Jazzie's Mama drove her to school in a old car with crappy paint work. They now lived in a crappy little two bedroom apartment.

Disappointed and upset Jazzie held back the tears as her Mama had forgotten to pick her up and she had forgotten about the art fair, she promised she would be there.

Haulin
Chloe
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
Jazzie ,an 11year old, walks home real upset because her mom didn’t come to her art fair as promised, but after arriving home she is greeted by a nightmare. She finds her mom brutally murdered with the killer still in the house. Scared Jazzie hides behind a chair till the killer leaves and hasn’t spoken a word since. Jazzie and her sister Jamie end up at Daphne’s equine therapy center Healing Hearts with Horses where a new intern Taylor Dawson seems to make progress with Jazzie. But Taylor is ke ...more
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
NO RATING. DNF @ 43%

Sadly I'm going to put this one down. It's not grabbing me, I've been pushing until 40% because I truly enjoyed the previous books in this series but unfortunately I'm not enjoying it. I didn't care for most of the many—too many— characters, even the main plot wasn't enough to keep my interest.

Arc received in exchange for an honest review.

More reviews and book talk at :

You can find me here too ☞
Anita
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Plenty of victims here and not just the dead kind either. The walking wounded are here in abundance and each is living with their own invisible scar. I'm not really a fan of the psychologically wounded, but they are at the center of this book. Karen Rose wants us to think that everyone is walking around with some kind of wounded psychic. She may be right, but I prefer to think that those wounds can successfully heal and the scar can fade to nothing.

Taylor Dawson is the summer intern for the Heal
Alan Cotterell
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
3.5 stars rounded up to 4 stars, mainly because overall Karen Rose is a cut above most other authors. I’ve read all of Karen Rose’s novels over the years, and generally enjoy them. But this one was not one of the best. I know this is a long running, interconnected series, but at some points there were far too many characters. Also got very wordy at times.
I may get shot down for this but personally I found this one extremely sickly sweet (I know it’s supposed to be a romance but....) I much prefe
Monnie
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Honestly, I don't think I've ever read a book that encompasses both the mystery/thriller and romance categories, and after finishing this one (which I truly enjoyed, BTW), I probably won't do it again. The thriller part is great - more than a few times I caught myself right on the edge of my usual seat at one end of our living room sofa. The romance part? SMH.

That's not because I'm anti-romance - heck, I've been married for 55 years, although I suppose some might say that's an argument for both
Krissys

Series: Baltimore
Cover Rating:

Book Rating:

Buy This Book:

A mother is dead, and now her killer hunts the child that witnessed the brutal crime...Private Investigator Clay Maynard locates missing children for clients, but has nearly given up hope of finding his own daughter, cruelly stolen from him by his ex-wife twenty-three years ago.Equine therapist Taylor Dawson
Terri Wino
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: year-2017
I so enjoyed this book! It was like a book family reunion, getting a peek at what was currently happening with several couples from previous books. And how happy was I that Clay FINALLY got to meet the daughter he thought was lost forever! (this isn't a spoiler; it's in the book description)

I thought the crime/suspense aspect of this one was good, as well. The pacing was perfect, and even though this paperback was almost 500 pages, it didn't feel like it.

If you've never read Karen Rose, I defini
Leonie Byrne
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was really excited to receive an ARC of this novel as I love the Romantic Suspense series.

Monster in the Closet is the 19th book in the Romantic Suspense series and the 5th in the Baltimore series. The Romantic Suspense series follows a makeshift family made up of a group of friends. There may be some spoilers here for the other books in the series but not this one, only because I can't talk about any of the other characters without spoilers for previous books!

We see old favourites in this n
Christine
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Monster In The Closet is the latest from Karen Rose. This is her fifth book in the Baltimore Series.

This book would be best enjoyed if you have read the previous books in the series. If you have a photographic memory, all the better. I did struggle, with who was who! I think I could do with a detailed diagram to just remind me of the links and who is related to who.

The story is all about children and survival. Taylor has graduated with a Psychology degree and is working as an intern with the chi
Dawn ♥ romance
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
I enjoyed this romantic suspense with an interesting plot centered around heroine. It had plenty of action over the three days of the story with lots of exciting parts. I liked seeing characters from earlier books in the series. Therapist Taylor spent her life believing her father was a monster. When she learned otherwise she secretly goes to see him and is attracted to her boss's son Ford.
Áine
May 17, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Disappointing and as predictable as the number of Fords hard ons per page
Aileen Mckenzie
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There are a few things I look forward to throughout the year, the release of Karen Rose’s latest offering is definitely one of them. Monster in the Closet is the fifth book in the Baltimore series and works well as a standalone however I recommend reading a few of the others in the series before this one, just to give you a bit more background on the host of colourful characters featured in the Baltimore series.

Jenn
So, having not read any of the other books in this series, I have come to the conclusion that every person in this book has either been kidnapped or shot - or both- sometimes multiple times. Which was completely unrealistic to me. But anyway...

I'm honestly not even sure where to start with this book. There were like 4 different plots that all intersected but were also different. There was the story of Jazzie, who after witnessing the murder of her mother, ends up in therapy with her younger sist
Jane Shambler
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have read many Karen Rose books in my time and enjoyed them all and this one is no different. It keeps you glued to the pages from start to finish. Also, what I really liked is that you could actually read this without reading the first five. I found that it could be read as a one off novel.

There are several sub plots that keep you interested throughout the book. The main story is regarding an 11 year old child who comes home to find her mother dead and the killer rooting around in the closet.
Gemma
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My absolute favourite series of books EVER. I cried so many times with this one! I honestly feel like these characters are my friends and family. I am always sad when it comes to an end. Not many authors can bring characters to life the way Karen Rose can! READ IT. THEN READ ALL THE OTHERS!
Izy
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Monster in the closet is a different from the other books in the series, not only the protagonist a lot younger than those in the previous books, they are also not actually in law and enforcement sector.

I really enjoyed it, it was different it focused a bit more on the human aspect, the relationships between the group of people we have gotten to know over the course of the series and we get a happy ending and questions answered for a character, Clay that has been part of the series for a long ti
Ms. Just One More Book  (Kris Miller)
Still reigning supreme as the 'queen of romantic suspense', Karen Rose hits another one out of the ballpark in her newest thriller!

Taylor is a young woman who has known trauma. Lied to all her life about her real father, she's constantly looked over her shoulder in fear. Now she's ready to face her past and find out if the man she's feared all her life is truly the face of evil her mother painted him to be. Clay is a private investigator who reunites missing children with their families. Althoug
Elaine Tomasso
I would like to thank Netgalley and Headline for an advance copy of The Monster in the Closet, the fifth romantic suspense novel in Ms Rose's Baltimore series.

Jazzie returns home to find her mother dead and the murderer still in the house. Very few people know that she can identify the killer, especially as she has been mute since that day. The stakes are raised when she manages to say thank you to Taylor Williamson, an intern at a therapy centre. In a separate plotline Taylor turns out to be se
Cindy ~
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I knew I was going to love this book!! All the gang from the Baltimore series is back and finally after 23 years Clay Maynard is reunited with his daughter.

(This book would be best experienced if you've already read Books 1-4 in the Baltimore series which is 12-15 of the main series.)

This book defiantly has some suspense but that is built around the reuniting of Taylor with her birth father Clay and the budding romance between her and Ford Eikhart who is Daphine's son who was kidnapped in book
Sonia189
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really liked it!
I don't mind knowing the villain, I don't mind the story was ore dedicated to family bonds and friendship. Lots of "aww" moments that really made me smile and feel good.
I truly didn't mind this read slightly "lighter" than most books by the author. The romance didn't feel final but that's ok, it suits the story and the main characters.
I love this idea of seeing old friends again and this book did it very well.
Mandy White
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
I do enjoy a Karen Rose book. it was like an episode of Dallas... love, murder, family and horses! This book is fast and keeps you hooked right til the end. Thank you to Net Galley, Karen Rose and Hachette Australia for a copy of this book
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question B 6 7 Oct 17, 2017 03:07PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question N 5 8 Oct 16, 2017 09:05PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question L 5 5 Oct 16, 2017 09:03PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question H 3 5 Oct 16, 2017 08:58PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question F 5 6 Oct 16, 2017 08:56PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question M 4 5 Oct 16, 2017 02:13PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question K 4 4 Oct 16, 2017 02:00PM

• Dead By Midnight: An I-Team Christmas (I-Team #7.5)
  • Make Them Pay (Lucy Kincaid #12)
  • Obsessed
  • His Bride
  • Double Take
  • Set the Night on Fire (Cottonbloom, #6)
  • Hide from Evil (Dead Wrong, #2)
  • Deep Dark (Tracers, #10)
  • Falling Sweetly (Starling Falls, #2)
  • The Way Home (One-Eyed Jacks #2)
  • The Tender Stranger (Soldiers of Fortune, #2)
  • Sweet Madness (Veiled Seduction, #3)
  • Wife In Disguise
  • Breathless
  • Silence (Faces of Evil, #0.5)
OFFICIAL WEBSITE:
www.karenrosebooks.com

Internationally bestselling, RITA-award winning, author Karen Rose was born and raised in the Maryland suburbs of Washington, DC. She met her husband, Martin, on a blind date when they were seventeen and after they both graduated from the University of Maryland, (Karen with a degree in Chemical Engineering) they moved to Cincinnati, Ohio. Karen worked as an e

Romantic Suspense (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Don't Tell (Romantic Suspense, #1; Chicago, #1)
  • Have You Seen Her? (Romantic Suspense, #2)
  • I'm Watching You (Romantic Suspense, #3; Chicago, #2)
  • Nothing To Fear (Romantic Suspense, #4; Chicago, #3)
  • You Can't Hide (Romantic Suspense, #5; Chicago, #4)
  • Count to Ten (Romantic Suspense, #6; Chicago, #5)
  • Die For Me (Romantic Suspense, #7; Daniel Vartanian, #1)
  • Scream for Me (Romantic Suspense, #8; Daniel Vartanian, #2)
  • Kill For Me (Romantic Suspense, #9; Daniel Vartanian, #3)
  • I Can See You (Romantic Suspense, #10; Minneapolis, #1)