Start by marking “Tavish (Dunskey Castle, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tavish (Dunskey Castle, #1)

(Dunskey Castle #1)

Tavish was the best boyfriend Kelsey ever had, but seven years ago he disappeared. She coped with her heartbreak by finishing her doctorate in Celtic Artwork, and now her career is taking off. Except Tavish keeps showing up at her job sites and butting into her business - all the while wearing that stupid sexy kilt. But she's here to see the ruins, not Tavish. So she'll ju ...more
Published December 18th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Tavish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tavish

Kathleen Ruggio
Hard to Believe

I love time travel books. This one had a few parts that were too hard to believe i.e., the dream they walk through and fears of waking up etc. The relationship with Tavish could have been really hot but it was more like High School. I read the whole book but don't feel compelled to read the second book. Good reading for young adults.
Claudia
Aug 07, 2017 rated it liked it
ARC downloaded from Instafreebe.
A 2.5 star story.
Whenever I can read time travel stories I hope for the best.
Jame Stain shied away from the other authors approach towards time travel.
Clearly her past work at a renaissance fair has influenced her knowledge and approach towards the story.
While both characters, Tavish and Kel were 21st century people during their stay in the past were not as well accommodated as expected. I truly enjoyed this side of things since it brought a much needed realism to
Amie
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
When I saw this book advertised on my Kindle, Time travel Highlander romance, I thought this has got to be good. Sadly upon reading it, I realized that it was fact not good at all. The main female is supposedly this highly educated, head strong woman. She really isn't though. One minute she's acting like an adult and the next she's behaving like a child. All because her ex-boyfriend has more knowledge on somethings that she had to go to "Celtic University" to learn, and he is "just a constructio ...more
CindiB
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book free through instaFreebie; from the author.
I can't say that I was captured by this installment. This particular book was something that I just could not seem to connect with. I felt as though I were walking in slow motion while reading; the character development was something that could have used some assistance. The plot moved very slowly and I disembarked from this story long before it could possibly even become overly interesting, moving on to other books all to
April
May 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, romance
Skimmed parts

Kelsey is in Scotland to find an ancient castle underground. Tavish is there too. He was her boyfriend all through high school,but then he stopped returning her messages.
Tavish is a time traveler with a responsibility to find treasures for a group identified as "they". He takes Kelsey back to the old time with him.
I skimmed parts because some of the descriptions and sequences went on longer than held my interest.
SandyL
Kelsey Ferguson is an expert on Celtic history and is in charge of a dig uncovering an old Scottish castle. Her childhood sweetheart, Tavish McGregor, who left abruptly and she hadn't seen in years, is on the construction team. Although this was a pretty short book, it dragged on for me. Tavish has secrets and both Kelsey and Tavish have old hurts about their past. It turns out Tavish is a time traveler and takes Kelsey back to "old times" and the story just got silly.
Sharla Dashnaw
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
An enjoyable read with adventure and romance. I look forward to reading more stories from Jane Stain.
Cindy
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very mysterious

I really enjoyed Tavish and Kelsey's story. Falling in love as teens and then ripped apart for no apparent reason, only to meet again through work, is a great romance story all on its own. To add to it is the mysterious rings, time traveling, and Druids.

So much is left unanswered which is frustrating, but I love that the story goes on and hopefully more enlightening.
Leslie Pleake
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good but predictable.

The story had an easy pace and a good premise. I found myself liking both main characters as well as the side character, Seamus. The only real complaint I have is that our female lead isn't too shocked at all about the predicament she finds herself in. I don't car how educated or passionate you is about Celtic history, if you suddenly find yourself in that period, there will be a freak out moment. I didn't get that from her, instead it was instant adjustment for story arc pu
Lucile
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
I really enjoyed this book and will probably read some of the others. Tavish and Kelsey, the main characters are modern day people who can travel back in time with the help of a magic ring Tavish wears. The historic references seem realistic, I looked up some of the historic places and found them.

I have read some other time travel/Scottish books including the Outlander series and the Celtic Brooch series. This series is equally engaging and well written. As a control freak, I like that these cha
Janice Rose
Time travel!

I love time travel books and what's not to love about Scotland ...right?
Although the writers style is slow paced and the scenes and dialogue jump around a bit, I enjoyed book #1. I believe she has a great start on a series and will certainly look at more from this author. A simple and pleasant story.
JoAnn Luberto-Geisel
The Story Pulls The Reader In

A bit confusing at first, but eventually the storyline pulls together and coaxes the reader in. By the conclusion the reader is left wondering what comes next.
Erica Eppler Miller
Iontach!

This was a wonderful book to start this series. I love the dream casting as well as time travel. The characters are so easy to imagine through the writers descriptions. I look forward to continue the tales in the next book of the series.
Shannon
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Didn't live up to its potential!

As a child, Kelsey participated in Renaissance Fairs and fell in love with all things Celtic. She also had a friend she got to see every summer, and in high school they seemed to even date - staying in contact over text while the school year was in full swing. When Kelsey went to college she thought everything would stay the same but Tavish basically ghosted her; she was "heartbroken" and poured herself into her education eventually earning a prestigious doctorate
J.P. Lundstrom
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure what to expect with this time travel series, but I'm pretty pleased. I do have one note here, though. I followed the recommended reading order I found in the blurbs for these books, but after getting halfway through the series, I think the first book to read should be 'Kilts at the Renaissance Faire.' It sets the stage for all the rest.

ABOUT THIS BOOK:

A little early confusion about the characters was quickly cleared up and the adventure caught and held my attention all the way to t
Susan Kelley
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019, audio
Kelsey has had enough of her ex Tavish MacGregor. Every single archaeological dig she has worked in Scotland. He undermines her at every turn. And how does he know so much about artifacts from 13th Century Scotland? He's a construction worker, not a scholar! Most importantly, where has he been for the last 7 years?! Before she can get the answers she seeks, Tavish has drug her on a time-travelling adventure through a Scottish castle.

I wanted to like this book. I love archaeology. I love Scotland
Kathy
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Time Travel Story!!

This was a good quick read, with fairly good plot... good characters and a few twists along the way. I really liked the book, there a few things that were left in the air. I believed these all to be stand alone novels and wonder if somethings won’t be answered till later...
Jo Pilsworth
‘Nice’ story, but lacking colour

The idea behind the story grabbed my interest when I read the blurb, but the writing didn’t seem to deliver. There were several scenes which could have highlighted the history of the period, but were just airbrushed. It may be a ‘clean’ story, but it left too many questions.
Ilene G>
I liked the overall plot. I liked Kelsey had a doctor's degree in Celtic History. I disliked how Finn looked down in her for her education and thought she was a snob. Both end up in the past. I liked their adventure there. This is an unusual time travel romance.
Jan Zucaro
Tavish

This is a quick read, but lacking in content. There is not enough detail on each character's background and history. I was constantly thinking, is there more? It skips around so much and so quickly that the reader is left feeling no real connection to the characters.
Jean
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Poor quality

Very choppy style of writing. A lot of unnecessary description. 3 thoughts in one too long paragraph. I forced myself to read to the end. There were times I wasn't sure what thought the author was trying to get across. Ick.
Judi Ingison
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice Time Travel Journey

I really enjoyed this book. I couldn't even begin to guess what was coming next and liked that as too often books in the genre become predictable. The characters are as likeable. It's a nice, smooth, enjoyable read.
Jean Hillsgrove
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great rear

It's very compelling. Once you start it's something you start but can't wait till the end. Very enchanting. Looking forward to the next.chapter. You won't be disappointed. Just wish it was a little longer.
Hannah
Jul 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: magic, time-travel
The story was decent but I didn't really like Tavish so... that didn't help. Also, many of their problems would have been easily fixed with communication. But the female MC was pretty awesome and thought things through instead of just reacting.
Lynn Smith
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tavish

This was one of those books that everything I think of saying I feel I'll give something away. Love the characters. The storyline has twists and turns and still not everything was answered.
Gerri Bizal
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Time travel made easy!

Fairly light reading that I really enjoyed. Did find some parts a bit confusing at times but overall not bad though I must say.... not as good as the time travel master Diana Gabaldon.
Linda Levine
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story. There is so much adventure. Kelsey and Tavish have a complicated relationship that even time can not destroy. I enjoyed the romance and all of the rich history. It starts a little slow but picks up.

I am voluntarily reviewing a copy I received.
Kat
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: once-is-enough
Outlander wannabe. I knew that going in, and thank god i got it for free through Prime library. The writing and plot were just bad. Consider this if Outlander was beyond your reading level. Otherwise, don't bother.
Vicki
This started out like right away with the characters at a dig and took off from there but seemed like I was missing a lot of information and I'm wondering if it's a spin off of another series. Once I kept reading it got better and better. Want to read the next in series. Really liked this book.
Martha Campbell
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful Read!!

This was my first book by Jane Stain and I loved it. I have already preordered the next book in the series. I am so excited to find a new author. I loved the history, the struggle between. Love, pain and forgiveness. Thank you Jane for a lovely story.
« previous 1 3 next »
How Original 1 1 Nov 21, 2018 07:53AM

• Logan (The Cursed Clan, #3)
  • Celtic Fire (Highland Celts #1)
  • Haunting Embrace (Mists of Ireland, #4)
  • Celtic Stars (Celtic Steel, #4)
  • Deep Magic (Druids of Avalon, #3)
  • The Call of the Raven
  • Hidden Magic (An Ancient Magic, #1)
  • Kilts and Kisses (Kilts and Kisses #1)
  • Unus (Stone Mage Saga Book 1)
  • Rogue on the Rollaway
  • The Faery Bride (The Celtic Legend Series, #2)
  • The Honor Of A Highlander (MacKinnon Clan, #1)
  • Rescued by the Celtic Warrior (Roman - Pict Love Stories, #1)
  • 40 Rules for Internet Business Success: Escape the 9 to 5, Do Work You Love, and Build a Profitable Online Business
  • Blood in the Valley (Vigilati, #2)
  • Pleasured By The Viking (MacEgan Brothers, #6.5)
  • The Bannockburn Spell
  • Fate's Hand (The Celtic Prophecy #1)
Jane was an actor at Paramount Ranch, California in 1988, doing the original Renaissance Pleasure Faire.

Los Angeles is her home town.

She is in her fifties and has been influenced by the writing of Diana Gabaldon, Isaac Asimov, Anne McCaffrey, and many more great authors.

Jane Stain is a pen name.

Dunskey Castle (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Seumas (Dunskey Castle, #2)
  • Tomas (Dunskey Castle, #3)
  • Time of the Celts (Dunskey Castle, #4)
  • Time of the Picts (Dunskey Castle, #5)
  • Time of the Druids  (Dunskey Castle, #6)
  • Leif: A Time Travel Romance (Dunskey Castle, #7)
  • Taran: A Time Travel Romance (Dunskey Castle, #8)
  • Luag: A Time Travel Romance (Dunskey Castle Book 9)
  • Meehall: A Time Travel Romance (Dunskey Castle Book 10)
  • Ciaran: A Time Travel Romance (Dunskey Castle Book 11)
“Be happy while ye yet live, for yer time to be dead is long—” 0 likes