Start by marking “Mrs. Peanuckle's Fruit Alphabet” as Want to Read:
Mrs. Peanuckle's Fruit Alphabet

Mrs. Peanuckle's Fruit Alphabet

Mrs. Peanuckle’s Fruit Alphabet introduces babies and toddlers to the colorful foods that will help them grow up to be healthy and strong. Children and parents alike will want to devour the fun facts and charming illustrations of fruits from the familiar banana to the not as familiar yumberry. Mrs. Peanuckle’s Fruit Alphabet is the second in a series of board books celebra ...more
Board Book, 28 pages
Published September 19th 2017 by Rodale Kids

To ask other readers questions about Mrs. Peanuckle's Fruit Alphabet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mrs. Peanuckle's Fruit Alphabet

Start your review of Mrs. Peanuckle's Fruit Alphabet
Karina
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very cute board book! Did you know Avocado is a fruit? I did not! The author is very creative in putting fruits one is not familiar with. Jack Fruit? Dragon fruit? Ugli fruit? Vanilla beans really caught me off guard. My kids liked sounding out the alpabet.
Kimberly
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Four stars. My son LOVES this book, and there is not a whole lot cuter than hearing him say things like elderberry, kumquat, or jack fruit. I mean really.
Kathryn
Sep 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lots of fun! Colorful, creative and educational. One quibble: some of the letters are hard to read because they are so stylized so it might not be the best choice for little ones trying to identify the ABCs.
Karla Winick-Ford
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gsrp-2018-2019
Cant recommend highly enough
Buy this book
Very rich vocabulary- prompts discussion and curiosity

highly recommended for an early childhood classroom
Melissa McAlvey
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids, board-books
I appreciate board books with bright colors, the ability to keep the text simple for really little ones or add more by reading it all, and new vocabulary. This book has all those things.
Sue Winson
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Similar to the Vegetable Alphabet book, this Mrs Peanuckle's book is bright, colourful, very informative, and can be enjoyed by both young kids and adults. 23-month old little-AJ loves fruits, so he naturally prefers this book compared to the vegetable book. He has so much fun pointing out and shouting the name of the fruits. Bananas and grapes are his ultimate favourite amongst all.

I love all those short information and fun facts about the fruits. Avocado grew on tree, so it is a fruit! Figs a
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Mrs. Peanuckle. Mrs. Peanuckle’s Fruit Alphabet, BOARD BOOK. Rodale Kids, 2017. $7.99.

Just as with her previous alphabet book with a vegetable theme, this book focuses instead on fruits and combines the alphabet with facts about each fruit illustrated. It’s a wonderful combination of bright illustrations and fruit facts, as well as a good mix of little known and more famous fruits.

PRE-K- ESSENTIAL. Reviewed by Shay, School Librarian
Mama Bearian
Aug 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: abc, food
Each letter of this book corresponds to one or more fruits - many of which are unusual. The pages also include facts about the fruits with very stylized text and illustrations. It is a fun book, but perhaps not for the babies that the board book format would suggest. Older preschool-age children would enjoy the facts more than little ones who will barely even recognize the fruits.
Elisabeth
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dynamic way to sneak in some new vocab.
Emilie
May 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book is so fun to read!!! I love the art & the style. It’s a great way to learn about different fruits, even as an adult I learned some things! I want to read all her books now.
Stephanie
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The book is just the right size for small hands and the illustrations are wonderful. I like that some of the fruit had a little mustache now and again.
Ruth Ann
Jan 12, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a board book that can grow with your child! It is full of facts about the fruit that stand for its letter. These facts could be helpful for children who are hesitant to try something new. :)
Kelly
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
An ABC board book about different fruits of the alphabet. But don't be expecting apple. Some of these are really off-the-wall fruits! ...more
Shauna
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hopefully this fun board book will inspire good eating habits for little ones and adults. There are bright illustrations.
Debbie
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Cute board book. I will be giving this to CJ for Christmas. Maybe learning about fruits will spark his interest in eating them as a child.
Laurie
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great board book! We read this a lot! Wish there were only one fruit per letter though.
The Fantastic Fletchers
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: eating
I plan to use this book as a guide for us top try or different foods! I like all the less common fruits! It has me excited to be more adventurous too
Meghan
Dec 26, 2017
Dbciii
Jan 31, 2019
Andréa
Note: I received an ARC of this book from the publisher at ALA Midwinter 2018.
Taylor Kundel-Gower

• Moon: A Peek-Through Picture Book
  • Freight Train
  • The Wonderful Things You Will Be
  • The Little Kitten
  • My First Bilingual Book–Love (English–Spanish)
  • Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You?