Start by marking “Lipstick, Lies & Dead Guys (Gianna Mancini Mysteries #1)” as Want to Read:
Lipstick, Lies & Dead Guys (Gianna Mancini Mysteries #1)

Lipstick, Lies & Dead Guys

(Gianna Mancini Mysteries #1)

From National Bestselling author Jennifer Fischetto comes a hauntingly humorous new series...

Gianna Mancini has chatted with ghosts most of her life. It's never affected her much. Until now.

The latest ghost in Gianna's family-centric, boy-complicated, job-depleted world is Emma Tinsdale, a woman Gianna despises. Wanting Emma out of her apartment and her orbit, Gianna c
Published (first published October 22nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Lipstick, Lies & Dead Guys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lipstick, Lies & Dead Guys

Start your review of Lipstick, Lies & Dead Guys (Gianna Mancini Mysteries #1)
Madeline
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked this story so much, I am going to continue with the rest of the books in her series.
Stuart Macmartin
There was lots to like about this book. I might even read more. But the ending depends on an insensitive stereotyping, and the author tries to use the concept of grey (vs. black and white) as an excuse for the main character to condone an action that should have been a line that isn’t crossed, for her: I didn’t believe it. I also don’t get some of her other behaviour, so maybe she’s not as protective of her family as the rest of the book proclaims. On the positive side, I was mostly engaged thro ...more
Lauren
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thought this was pretty well written. I liked Gianna and her family and the ghost in the freezer premise
LORI (Dollycas) CASWELL

Dollycas’s Thoughts

I absolutely, positively, loved this book!!

Gianna has a very unique gift as does her family’s deli. Gianna’s gift is that she can see and talk to ghosts, to find out the deli’s special “gift” you have to read the book.

Gianna has come back home and moved into the small apartment above the deli. She is surprised to learn she already has a spirit as a roommate, but it is better than staying with her parents. Her sister and niece have moved home due to some trouble with her husban
Jeanie Jackson
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-amateur
My favorite books so far by Jennifer Fischetto! I wasn't too sure when I saw the title but I usually love GHP books so I had to give it a try. I like the premise and love both the plot line and the characters including the ghosts. I look forward to more of this series. The story is filled with family, fun, and emotions as well as ghosts and murder. I forgot to write the review back when I read it so this is an especially sloppy one.
Sandra
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-it, ebooks
Mary Lou Webb
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story

Great summer beach read. Lots of fun with a protagonist who can talk to ghosts. Her family knows, and only a few select others, but some of those, she'd just as soon not know. One, in particular, brings more grief than the others, and that is Kevin, a co-worker of her police brother. He has it in for Gianna, so much so, she's afraid to be around him. In this story, her sister, Izzy, is falsely accused of the murder t a young woman whom Izzy caught giving a BY to Macy's husband.

With the
Darcysmom
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gianna Mancini has been able to talk to ghosts for most of her life, which has been no big deal until now. Now she has Billy and Emma camped out in her apartment, with no signs of crossing over anytime soon.
Gianna also has a large, stereotypically Italian, family who are super involved in her life; an ex who may not stay an ex; and a murder to solve. Fortunately, she has all the help she can handle. But will it be enough to keep her sister out of jail?
This was a really fun book. Gianna and her
Thomas
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gianna Mancini can see dead people, she has been able to see them since an accident when she was a child. After having her feeling hurt by her live in boyfriend, Gianna moves back home to be near her family. While going for a girls night out with her sister, they find her sisters husband in a compromising position. the only problem is after Izzy beats the mess out of her husbands truck, Emma, the woman caught in the truck has been killed with that same bat.

This was a fun and well written story
Donna
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cover/Title: The cover and title are both fun. They drew me in instantly.

Characters: I love the ghosts. Gianna and her family seem like a fun bunch always trying to scare each other. I really enjoyed reading about their antics.

Plot: The story was interesting. The mystery was not super easy to figure out. Of course, when it is all revealed, the reader is definitely surprised.

Overall: I really enjoyed this book. I loved the references to Pennywise from Stephen King's IT. Even though the MC only
Sharkie
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tess Ailshire
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad for the genre.

I love to read these cozy mystery stories, particularly the ones with lovable, quirky main characters, and this is a good example of that. The problem is they often fall flat, either in character development or in plot details. This one hurts badly in character development. Poor Julian - we never do learn (perhaps later we do, but I probably won't be reading them) whether he's a good guy or not. We know nothing about him despite his several appearances in the book.

At the e
Kiki Z
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
--Not convinced I like who the hero is shaping up to be.

--I kind of feel like the whole secondary plot with Billy the ghost was unnecessary. It seemed like it was shoved in and solved only when the author remembered that was still a thing.

(view spoiler)
Peg
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed reading this book

Gianna sees and talks to ghosts. Enzo, her brother, is a cop. Izzie is her sister. The story is pretty good, it did have me second guessing myself on who murdered the clown. Finding out what Julian's real job was a shock. The characters in this book had me laughing. I recommend reading this book. I couldn't put it down.
Sara Hollingsworth
Lipstick, Lies & Dead Guys

This was a decent but not amazing cozy mystery. Some of the dialogue was rough and the mystery was simple and maybe a little problematic. I didn't have serious issues with the big reveal, but some people may see it as insensitive. I felt like the matter was addressed well enough though.
Brandy Barber
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very cute read. A bit on the creepy murder family side but in a fun way. Liked the characters and how the story flowed. Was able to finish in about 3 days. The description of the book is pretty right on. I look forward to reading the next book.
Nancy Phy
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book.

I love reading books by Jennifer Fishetto. They are so much fun and I never figure out who did it until the end. The characters are wonderful and I would recommend her books to anyone who likes fun mysterys.
Diana
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

This is the first book I’ve read by this author....it won’t be the last. The dialogue (both internal and external) was oftentimes snappy and funny. Included a really unexpected plot twist but with loose ends tied up by the end of the story. Look forward to reading more!
Janice Bridges
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book didn't hold much appeal for me.

Monyardda Gibson
Read it and loved it

Nice spin on the mystery. I was intrigued and into this book trying to figure out who did it and why.
Anita Hargreaves
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed

She sees dead people and in her case she tries to bring the deceased over via her freezer. Great fun
Donna Adams
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Fun, clever, great characters and plot spins along making it hard to put down! I want the whole series. See you, Mancinis
Vickie
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a really good book, worth following the series.
Janet
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I liked it. keep it up. love reading. it is a master piece.
SylviaV
Free on amazon.com
3 stars
A fun and quirky cozy mystery story that will evoke a smile and maybe laughter, depending on your sense of humor, as you are reading this. A pleasant way to spend a couple of hours.
Ellen Hardin
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a side order of murder and hold the jam --after a near death experience as a child gianna now can see ghosts- after a bad breakup with her boy friend julian she moves back to long iland ny and moves upstairs to the apt over her family's deli where she is also working-where she finds she has 2 dead roommates who need help crossing over --- wanting to reconnect with her sister izzie they decide to have a fun gals night out- the night does not go as well as she expected - seems they see her brother ...more
Brooke Showalter (Brooke Blogs)
This review first appeared on Brooke Blogs.

One Garish Ghost & Blueberry Peach Jam by Jennifer Fischetto is the first book in a brand new paranormal/mystery series called Dead by the Numbers. I absolutely loved this book! Gianna moves back home after a break-up to the apartment above her parents' deli. But Gianna isn't just your every day, ordinary sandwich maker - she had a near-death experience in the freezer of the deli as a child, and was resuscitated. This has left her with the ability to se
Rhonda
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

4 STARS

There are some funny moments in this story for sure. Lots of characters, I like Gianna Mancini, would not mind seeing some more of her in the future. Disappointed in some of the male figures in the book. I really want to say who and why but that might be too much.
The ghosts are fun and likeable. Keeps you guessing who the murder is and why they killed cupcake.

Gianna Mancini has moved back home. She has lived with a boyfriend for almost a year in another state. Then they fought and she
Paula Ratcliffe
Danielle Eisner
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read1
Gianna can see ghosts, she has for years. It’s never been that big of deal to her until now. A ghost comes into her life. She despises Emma the ghost, but when her sister is framed by a vindictive cop with a vendetta against Gianna, she must help solve the ghost’s murder and clear her sister’s name.

I have to say, when I first heard the book name it threw me off a little bit...Its long and slightly odd. I wasn't really sure what to think with a book name like that.

I was pleasantly surprised by

• Mystic Mayhem (Mystic Isle Mysteries Book 1)
  • Ghouls Just Want to Have Fun (Calamity Jayne, #3)
  • Murder Casts Its Spell
  • Gone With The Ghost (Murder by Design #1)
  • Swamp Santa (Miss Fortune Mystery #16)
  • Lost Library (Lost Library, #1)
  • Elsker (The Elsker Saga, #1)
  • Mind Your Manors (A Flamingo Realty Mystery, #1)
  • The Happy Camper
  • Sophia, Princess Among Beasts
  • January in Atlantis (Poseidon's Warriors, #1)
  • From Garden To Grave (The Leafy Hollow Mysteries, #1)
  • They Come At Night
  • Beware the Orchids (Shady Acres Mystery #1)
  • We Rule the Night
  • Must Love Ghosts
  • Dial P For Poison (Movie Club Mysteries, #1)
  • The Accomplice
I write dead bodies for ages 13 to six-feet-under.

Gianna Mancini Mysteries (3 books)
  • Miniskirts, Mai Tais & Dead Guys (Gianna Mancini Mysteries #2)
  • Cupcakes, Butterflies & Dead Guys (Gianna Mancini Mysteries #3)