Start by marking “Meet Cute: Some People Are Destined to Meet” as Want to Read:
Meet Cute: Some People Are Destined to Meet

Meet Cute: Some People Are Destined to Meet

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  4,373 Ratings  ·  1,304 Reviews
Whether or not you believe in fate, or luck, or love at first sight, every romance has to start somewhere. MEET CUTE is an anthology of original short stories featuring tales of "how they first met" from some of today’s most popular YA authors.

Readers will experience Nina LaCour's beautifully written piece about two Bay Area girls meeting via a cranky customer service Twe
Published January 2nd 2018 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Meet Cute, please sign up.
Anneliese I would say 11+ because of the references, but younger audiences can read if they are mature book-wise.
Anneliese All the stories are about love at first sight, and it is not offensive to me as I felt there was good representation of the LGBT+ community, but I…moreAll the stories are about love at first sight, and it is not offensive to me as I felt there was good representation of the LGBT+ community, but I would get another opinion in case I missed something someone else saw as offensive.(less)

Nat
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sometimes I just need to get sucked into a feel-good story and stay there until I'm finished. Thankfully, I accomplished just that with this anthology full of short bursts of sweetness with meet-cutes, butterflies, first impressions, and so much more.

Source

Just some of my personal memorable stories from the book:

• Nina LaCour's Print Shop:

Funnily enough, this story opens with our main character, Evie, receiving her first job where she's set to develop an online presence for a print shop she cho
Elise (TheBookishActress)
so it turns out love is a real and not fake thing that exists!! who knew? I certainly did not!

It might be sort of horribly ironic that I rated almost half these stories a very mixed and very mediocre three stars. BUT there were some super great standouts, hm? Some that might… I don’t know… warrant buying this entire collection?

Okay. Somewhere That’s Green by Meredith Russo was fantastic and important and so worth the read. Oomph by Emery Lord is the Cutest thing I have ever read. The Unlikely Li
Lala BooksandLala

SAY
Heather 'Bookables'
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5

LOVED this! Definitely one of my new favorite YA anthologies! There were 4 stories in this collection I gave 5 stars to!
Such an adorable, diverse and fun read!

* I will be filming a review on this where I tell you my individual ratings for each story which I will then post to here!*
Cece (ProblemsOfaBookNerd)
Average rating: 3.2/5
My rating: 3/5

This had such high points and low points, which is exactly how I feel after every single anthology I read. I think the concept of this whole collection was nice, but I would have liked a couple more stories from male perspectives - and a m/m story perhaps? Don't get me wrong, I loved how many f/f stories were in this, but I think it could have benefited from some other narrators. But let's get into my specific feelings on all 14 stories.

Breakdown of the stories
Candace Robinson
This book was full of cute stories and just what I needed! Armentrout's was my favorite, and I couldn't stop smiling while reading it! I kind of want to go check out a dictionary now! But they were all different and had me feeling good!! Sometimes you just need a short story, or in this case, an anthology of them!!
Nina
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*Thanks to HMH Books for Young Readers for sending me an ARC of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

Actual Rating: 3.54/5 stars

Siege Etiquette by Katie Cotugno: 2 stars
Unfortunately, I disliked both the POV of this story and the author’s writing style. Siege Etiquette was cute, but I also think that it wasn’t that interesting and I definitely wouldn’t be interested in reading more of this story.

Print Shop by Nina LaCour: 3.5 stars
I once again didn’t like the POV but
emma
I LIKE LOVE, OKAY.

from an artistic standpoint, that is. i like romantic comedies. i like romantic subplots in my favorite TV shows. all the best songs are about love. i read an endless string of disappointing contemporaries because every once in a while, i find one that makes me feel something.

i'm cynical and pessimistic and sometimes mean. i can be bitter and hardhearted. but i like love-related art.

so i was excited for this book, and, to some degree, i got what i expected. maybe not what i hop
Maureen
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
All of these stories were PRESH! Anthologies are sometimes not my thing but THESE ALL WERE. MEET CUTES ARE THE BEST.
My faves were Something Real, The Unlikelihood of Falling in Love, The dictionary of You and Me, The Intern, and Click. But I actually really liked all of them? The lowest rating I gave an individual story was 3.5/5 sooooooo ya know.
Riley
DNF @ 50%

This just wasn't for me. Some of the stories were cute but they all ended as soon as I got interested.
Carmen
Let's just get into this.

STORY ONE: SIEGE ETIQUETTE by Katie Cotugno

Your heart is a siren wailing deep inside your chest.

Hailey hides out with farmboy Wolf when police come to bust up her friend's party.

Some things really annoyed me about this story.

For one thing, Cotugno lets us know that there is a darkness in Hailey's life. What is it? How can we possibly be in her head and not know? I hate when authors pull this shit. The narrator has some deep, dark secret. In this case it is a secret from
Stacee
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I don’t normally read anthologies, but this topic of meet-cutes and all of these fantastic authors, I just couldn’t resist.

I read a couple of paragraphs of each story to decide if I wanted to continue. I read all of the stories except 4 of them and the stories that I did read were fantastic.

Lots of great characters and clever set ups and representation. Some kissing, but looooooots of sweet moments. My ultimate favorite was JLA’s story that featured a library and an overdue dictionary.

Overall

Beatrice Masaluñga
Jan 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult, arc
Thank you HMH Teen for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review

Meet Cute is a collection of contemporary stories about cute first encouters turned into romance. Not all people enjoy insta-love but once in a while, you'll want it if you're looking for something fluffy. The stories were hit or miss to me but my favorites were written by Katharine McGee and Sara Shepard (both were new to me authors). Overall, this is a nice and likable collection.

SIEGE ETIQUETTE Katie Cotugno - 1.5 / 5
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Feb 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
This wasn’t quite as cute as I was hoping it would be, but there were some gems mixed in so I’m not mad about it.

SIEGE ETIQUETTE by Katie Cotugno - 2 stars
THE DICTIONARY OF YOU AND ME by Jennifer L Armentrout - 4 stars
THE UNLIKELY
Cesar
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was ok

I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m probably a soulless husk with a stone-cold heart.

description

Which, if you met me IRL, that wouldn't be far from the truth.

description

A bit of an overexaggerating, I know, but I certainly felt like one reading Meet Cute.

I think I’m in the minority where I didn’t like Meet Cute.

When it comes to cute things to me, it varies. Red pandas are cute.

*boop*

So are dogs and cats.

description

And even some romance is cute. Especially anime romance because let’s be real, anime is better than re
Camila Roy ••RoyIsReading••
RATING: 4.5/5⭐⭐⭐⭐⠀

One word: Awww💕. Nicely done, authors, nicely done. This is the first anthology I’ve read ever!

TOP TEN FAVORITE STORIES...⠀

[1] THE WAY WE LOVE HERE-Dhonielle Clayton. (4.5/5) I need to check out one of her books ASAP!!

[2] THE DICTIONARY OF YOU AND ME- Jennifer L. Armentrout. (4.5/5) Takes place in a library, do I need to say more?⠀

[3] OOMPH- Emery Lord. (4/5) I love Emery Lord’s stories.💛

[4] 259 MILLION MILES- Kass Morgan. (4/5) Literally squeaked at the last line. So adorable!
Erin
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, kindle
The most appropriately named book of the year for 2018 might just be this short story anthology featuring some of the hottest YA authors. Whether you're looking for that first love or you're feeling a bit nostalgic, these twelve stories may just leave you feeling a little more "cutesy" inside.

Thanks to NetGalley for an advanced ebook in exchange for an honest review.
Selene Matheson
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Thank you NetGalley and Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Children’s Books for the advanced reading copy of the anthology Meet Cute.

The authors I have read from before are Nina LaCour, Katherine McGee, Julie Murphy, Sara Shepard, and Nicola Yoon.

I can’t wait to read the new to me authors in this anthology that I’ve heard wonderful things about like Jennifer L. Armentrout, Katie Cotugno, Emery Lord, Kass Morgan, and Ibi Zoboi.

I would lis
Charlotte Annelise
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This short story collection was really fun to read and I liked that there was so much variety in all of the stories. Some were more heavy on the romance and some put more focus into the overall plot. Romance is my favourite genre, so I am glad this book exists! I was also so surprised that there were four LGBTQ+ short stories, which was great.

Siege Etiquette by Katie Cotugno - 3/5 stars

Siege Etiquette is about a popular girl at a party who gets stuck in a bathroom with Wolf, a country boy. The
Dana

Aw what a cute, mushy, adorable collection of meet cutes! There is a huge range of stories in here, bursting with originality and tons of diversity. Some of the stories were a little cheesy for my taste, but most left me with a smile on my face, and the characters fondly in my thoughts long after I finished the story. I think this book would make a very cute valentines day gift.

Buy, Borrow or Bin Verdict: Buy

Check out more of my reviews here

Note: I received this book for free in exchange for an
Lily ☁️ {semi hiatus}
I started this completely on a whim, and I don’t know if I’ll read all of the short stories in this book, but I need some cuteness in my life, so here we go.

1. Siege Etiquette by Katie Cotugno – 2 stars [👫]
This was quite cute, but, to my dismay, involved cheating (even though the situation is a bit ambiguous [one of the characters is in an on-again/off-again kind of relationship]), but overall, definitely cute, and I liked the fact that the main character isn’t someone you’d necessarily “like”
Romie
On average, I gave this book 3.70. It's not bad, but it shows that some of the stories weren't good. Some of them got 1/5 or 2.5, a few got 5/5 but that's because I'm more generous when I rate short stories because I rate both on the story and the potential it has to be a great book.

I would like to say that this anthology still ended up disappointing me ... first because the cover is false advertising, you get a few f/f relationships, but most of them are f/m and there is not one m/m like the co
Emma
shoutout to Elise for recommending so many good stories in this!! I'm marking this as read bc I probably won't read any more of them at this point, but if I missed one of your favs let me know and I'll try to check it out. :)

I also don't feel like I can accurately rate this bc I only finished 5/14 stories? idk this review is a mess but imma rate the ones I did read individually.

ICYMI, this anthology has some seriously great sapphic shit:

Print Shop by Nina LaCour: A girl working at a printing s
thatgirlwithallthebooks (Shannon)
actually getting more and more excited for this
eeekk!!

• the department of dead love - 4 stars
Yusra  ✨
Mar 30, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: reading-next
so gbye to the rest of my tbr, I’m ready for some cute ass stories that can take me away from the ending that was Crystal Storm
ambsreads
Jan 10, 2018 rated it liked it
THIS REVIEW IS ALSO ON MY BLOG - CHECK IT OUT HERE

The Meet Cute anthology was an interesting one. There were so many authors and so many stories. Some I couldn’t wait to end and others I wanted to be extended to fill the pages of a novel. For this review, I’ve tried to review each story featured in this anthology. They’re quite short but I find it difficult to rate an anthology as a whole (3 is what I just figured was the average among these).

This collection definitely was super cute and I do lo
Maddie (Heart Full Of Books)
Oct 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
My favourite stories were written by Emory Lord and Jocelyn Davies. They are the ones I'm still thinking about and would love a full length novel of and they get five stars, no doubt.

What's great about this anthology is how much more diverse it is. In other anthologies I've read, there's been one token LGBT couple and that's it, but at least a quarter of the stories had LGBT protagonists. (Still waiting on that ace love story, though *sigh*).

I also appreciated the range of genres. Not all the s
AleJandra
Solo leí las primeras dos historias, por lo pronto lo abandono, quizá después lo retome.

Siege Etiquette by Katie Cotugno
4 STARS

Wolf <3

Print Shop by Nina Lacour
3 STARS

La historia no tomo el camino que creí que seguiría, lo cual me sorprendió gratamente. Una historia muy linda, LGBTQ, y que además nos enseña mucho sobre el mundo de la Imprenta clásica.
Olivia (The Candid Cover)
3.5 Stars

Meet Cute is just the anthology that I’ve been waiting for! This is an entire book featuring 14 incredible authors all about adorable first encounters. I personally enjoyed Jocelyn Davies, Kass Morgan, and Julie Murphy’s stories the most. I would definitely recommend this book to those looking for a feel-good read.

I adore the concept of this anthology. It is all about first meetings and, as the title promises, it is absolutely adorable. Meet Cute is incredibly diverse and contains a wid

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia.

All the rumors you heard
More about Jennifer L. Armentrout

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Some people you want to get to know and some people you want to know you....For whatever reason, there are people that you want to tell your weird, secret thoughts to. You want to show them your pimples and tell them about your braces. You want them to love you because of those things, not in spite of them. 'Some people make you want to be known,'" (p. 302)” 10 likes
“All love ends," she says.
"Maybe," I say. "But it has to start somewhere.”
8 likes