Start by marking “My Holiday Secret” as Want to Read:

My Holiday Secret

He's my holiday secret... and if anyone finds out, I'm screwed.

I did everything I could to get away from my family, but somehow, I've let my sister drag me home for the holidays. Now that I'm back, everyone expects to finally meet my fiance.

The only problem is I don't have one... he dumped me, and they have no clue.

I can't let them find out I'm single. Luckily, after a
Published December 18th 2016

To ask other readers questions about My Holiday Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Holiday Secret

Lady Heather

3 stars!

Quick, short holiday erotic read.

What can I say... when your in a doctors waiting room, what better thing to do than pull out your kindle and read a little naughty romance.

**If they only knew what I was reading. Mahahahah!!
Pamela
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, holiday-read
Had a lot of potential but way too short.
Kim Byrd
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ever dread the holiday gatherings at your family's house because you know it's going to be hell? Parents think you're in a relationship because you haven't talked in forever and now they expect to meet Mr. Wonderful, and you have the brain child idea to bring a stranger as your beau? Then look no further because you have found the perfect new book!!! This book takes you through a fun, comical view of what could be. Great story line. Characters are awesome. I could totally did a man like Vance!!! ...more
Amy
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jackson Kane
5 stars

Ok so heck yes this was a hilarious but wowza read. Not hilarious in the haha funny way but in the dear gosh yes … everyone is on high octane no holds barred pain in the butt mode instead of being happy and welcoming the holiday spirit inside with joy.

Abby needs a stand in for her long gone finance Chris. Clubbing with her sister for her soon to be last night of freedom before she marries the “creeper dude she is engaged to” her sister suggest finding replace
Home Is Where the Wine Is Book Blog
review1_thumb.png

My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Wow. Just wow.

I am beyond....words. (Write that down people.  This doesn't happen to me often).  Jackson Kane and Roxy Sinclaire have proven to be quite the devilish duo.

This book was hilarious, unpredictable and filled with plenty of steamy moments, throw in a very dysfuctional family and well you have the perfect holiday novella.

I loved the differnt POVs between the hero and heroine and OMG the sister, Jan needs her own book.

Trust me you will not be disappoin
Michelle
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was able to get my hands on and ARC Copy of this book and can say I am glad I did. I loved this book. Sweet Girl meets Bad Boy Bouncer what could go wrong. Here you have a girl that is going through some personal issues all while trying to be happy for her sister who is getting married and trying to please her family all at the same time. Let me just say if you thought your family was crazy over the holidays then you'll love this family. Jackson and Roxy did an amazing job with this book.
Angel Ratcliffe
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book. I absolutely loved this book! I think it's the best holiday story ever! I will definitely be reading this again.
Elizabeth
Feb 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: frat-brothers
So you have your typical bad boy meets good girl by basically saving her life romance written by two authors. This is my second read by Jackson Kane, and I was hoping that maybe having a second author's input would have upped his game, but for me, sadly the answer is no. I've never read anything from the second author, so that might have been my first mistake taking this book on. If you've ever read any of my other reviews, than you know I'm all about attention to detail and continuity. There ar ...more
Courtney
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this read from Jackson Kane and Roxy Sinclaire! Home for the holidays and her sister's wedding, Abby couldn't be any less excited. Family drama, a fiancé who is no longer and a sister's fiancé that she can't stand. Out at the bachelorette party she sees a man who is anything but her type in the mountain of man the bouncer. Vance is a one and done kinda guy, but after an explosive hook-up with Abby he wants more. When Abby asks him to be her fake fiancé, she'll pay him, he agrees grudging ...more
Valentina
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read I couldn't put it down until the very end. This story was about Abby and her disastrous family Christmas holiday. Abby had a fiance but came out to her saying he was gay and they should move on. Abby's sister Jan is engaged to get married to Jeff. Jeff assist's the major of the town. Abby comes back home to spend the holidays with her family. Abby goes to the bar to celebrate her sisters Jan's impending wedding to Jeff. There she see's Vance the bouncer and thinking that he ...more
Denise Van plew
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a unexpected treat I come across from this author who teamed up with another, whom I also have devoured his other novels. With my experience in reading I just knew this would be a great holiday read because of content and author. By now you think girls would know not to mess with love like this girl Abby does in this one in the pretend game but oh desperate wins. These authors takes this and runs with it giving us a quick one that will warm us so much you can take your socks off. Sprink ...more
Charmaine Walker
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book
Now, there are secrets and then there are secret secrets ( those that must never ever be revealed) but occasionally are. Abby and her sister Jan head out to celebrate, who needs an excuse eh. Abby is getting over her ex Chris and there in the bar she meets him...Vance the bouncer. Oh my word. He helps her out of a sticky situation and helps her into a sticky situation later on!!! This made me smile at all the madcap situations in this st
Margaret McGovern
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome contemporary holiday bad boy romance. This book was so entertaining and enjoyable. It's great to read a romance that has intrigue, surprises, makes me laugh and smile while reading. Abby can't seem to find the right guy. Her family have a lot of issues as well so she tries to avoid them. She goes home for the Holidays and while at her sisters bachelorette party she neets Vance. Vance is a bouncer at the local bar. His size, tatoos and persona deters most people but he steps in to help Ab ...more
Aliana
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Vance and Abby

Oh the holidays! Sometimes it brings families together and sometimes it brings out the worst in families.
Abby and Vance hit it off... hard. What was suppose to be a one-night thing has turned into a "please-pretend-to-be-my-fake-fiancee-in-front-of-my-crazy-family." Abby's family is certifiable, especially her judgmental picture-loving mother.
Thankfully Abby sees past the tattoos, the muscles, the bad boy look, and realizes that Vance may just be what she needs to help her get thr
Julie Jefferies
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Abby has to travel home at Christmas for her sister Jen's wedding, for an average person that would be ok, but not for Abby. Abby's fiancé Chris broke it off a month ago, her sisters fiancé has tried hitting on her, and her mum is so controlling they always fight. While out on her Jens hens night, Abby is rescued by Vance, and one thing leads to to another, and the next thing Vance is Chris, and stuck in the Christmas from hell.

I really enjoyed this story, I liked how the characters all fit toge
Liz
On the night of her sister's bachelorette party, Vance steps in to rescue Abby, from some skeevy men, but the party leaves without her and she has no way to get home. She hooks up with Vance who shows up the next day with the wallet she left behind, but she needs a fake fiance because she lied to her family.

I actually wanted to read more about Vance who was intriguing and why Abby was ever with a gay stamp collector.
Book-Lovin-Momma
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great hilarious yet hot read for the Holidays! Vance and Abby should have been a one-night stand, but Vance ends up being her stand-in fake fiance. It's crazy fun, yet sweet and hot. Abby's crazy family and their expectations...great novella. Gotta love that mistletoe in the right place, at the right time!

I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.
Jennifer Lovins
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Holidays

If you think your holiday gatherings are unbearable, come join Abby at her’s. Yours will become a walk in the park. She try’s to save face and get someone to pretend they are her fiancé. Will her plan work or will it back fire? Will something more come of it?
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first story I've ever read by either Mr. Kane or Ms. Sinclair. It most definitely will not be the last. I liked the humor, especially. I like the heart. And the sexytimes scenes are off the chart hot.
Jamie
Jul 18, 2017 rated it liked it
It was a okay holiday read. It held my attention wanting see how crazy Abby's family could be .Abby got her HEA , but still felt like there was some unanswered questions in the book.
M.K.
Dec 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a steamy take on the fake fiance! It is a Christmas story. Family drama gets in the way and Vance and Abby find each other! I hope Jan gets a story!
Sherry  Morris
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book and i look forward to reading more books by this author. I recommend reading this book.
Shannon Stuckey
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read!

My Holiday Secret was a great novella and a must read! Not only do you get this hot story, you also get Jackson Kane's other books "Billionaire Takes All" and "Bigger and Badder". This is definitely a must one-click!
Melissa Swafford
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome story

I loved all the stories in this collection. Every time I put it down, I couldn't wait to pick it back up. You won't regret getting this book. Awesome writing.
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
My Holiday Secret is steamy, naughty holiday fun! Abby is out at her sister Jan's bachelorette party when she meets Vance, a huge, sexy bouncer who saves her from some d-bags who are way too grabby after roofie-ing her drink. They have a hot encounter in his car, then he takes her home to her parents' house, where she's staying for the wedding and Christmas.

But the next day, he brings her wallet back and her family sees them together. Abby no longer has a fiancé now that he has come out of the c
Jennifer Finn
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the first time I've ever read anything by Jackson Kane or Roxy Sinclair and it was quite an entertaining holiday story. Abby is 25 years old, she's a freelance writer living just outside Los Angeles. She grew up in Boston but moved to California five years ago to get away from her controlling, overbearing Mother. She finally agreed to come home for the holidays because her older sister, Jan is getting married the day after Christmas. Abby was engaged to Chris but right when they were abo ...more
Sapphyria
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
My Holiday Secret is actually a novella packaged with 2 other full length books by the same authors.

Abby, her sister Jan, and a boatload (literally) of Jan's friends are out celebrating Jan's upcoming wedding bachelorette-style. Just previous to Abby coming home to the east coast from her life on the west coast. her fiance, Chris, broke off their engagement. Coming home for the holidays and for Jan's wedding was the right thing to do but Jan's the only one who knows about Chris. Her entire fami
Nate
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Got this in exchange for an honest review. And it didn't disappoint. I loved Abby & Vance. Wish I could find a Vance of my own...lol. Loved this book!!!
Cheryl Drake johnson
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was absolutely a funny romance with Abby and Vance they met when she was out with her sister for her bachelor party at a club where Vance happened to be Security guard and her sister was trying while drunk to find her a man that they could pretend was her fiance for the holidays so she didn't have to tell her mother that her fiance had left her and she was almost as drunk as her sister too so she went right along with Jan but they didn't find anyone while they talk and danced around the roo ...more
Lisa Menor
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.

Abby finds herself in a bar at her sister's bachelorette party. Jan is getting married after Christmas. First they have to spend Christmas with their parents. That poses a problem for Abby. Abby recently broke up with her fiance Chris, the guy her parents haven't even met....and they can't wait to meet him at the family Christmas party.
After being accosted by some drunk guys at the bar, Abby is saved by Vance. Vance is the bar's bouncer
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine? 2 13 Dec 20, 2016 10:45AM
Jackson Kane is a professional stuntman, athlete, romance author, and above all else, a hopeless romantic. From American Ninja Warrior, to some of your favorite films, Jackson brings a unique writing style forged from countless harrowing adventures.

He’s a lover of travel, his fans, his romance author peers, dulce de leche, and all things beautifully weird and interesting. He invites you to relax,