Start by marking “The Yucky Reptile Alphabet Book” as Want to Read:
The Yucky Reptile Alphabet Book

The Yucky Reptile Alphabet Book (Jerry Pallotta's Alphabet Books)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  69 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Find out why boa constrictors swallow their meals whole, learn why gila monster's tails are so fat, and meet a lizard that is larger than most people.

As young readers turn the pages of this beautifully illustrated book, they will find that reptiles aren't really so "yucky." In fact, reptiles are among nature's most exotic and intriguing animals.

Jerry Pallotta's well-resear
Published February 1st 1989 by Charlesbridge (first published January 1st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about The Yucky Reptile Alphabet Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Yucky Reptile Alphabet Book

Megan Phillips
This book can be used to teach students about reptiles. It goes through every letter of the alphabet and describes one reptile for each letter. This book is great for teaching a unit about reptiles and using this for the explain or elaboration portion with students. I would read this book with the younger grades (K-2) because I think they would find it the most enjoying.

This book could be used with kindergarteners or Pre-K students to teach them more about the alphabet, and help them associate a
Samia Bessadi
Jun 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This lovely book teaches letter recognition and phonemic awareness. The book includes a few words that the child can figure out from the pictures so that the child doesn’t feel discouraged by any struggle yet. Teacher or parent can ask the child to point under each word next time he or she reads, so the child starts to get the idea that one word on the page matches to one spoken word, and begins to naturally pick up on cues like looking at the first letter.
The beautiful illutrartions are highly
Heather
Jun 04, 2008 rated it really liked it
This book was awesome! It wasn't really yucky, unless you're a total baby about lizards and such.

It had a lot of animals we'd never heard of before and some of our old favorites. We learned such interesting, and yucky, things - like blood spurting out of the eye of a horned lizard to scare a predator away. Yeah, I'd run too. It has really great illustrations and a bit of humor mixed throughout.

My boys looked through it a lot and we read it many times before sending it back to the library. And I
Alison
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was very informational about reptiles. I enjoyed how many different reptiles were mentioned and researched upon. This book helps me have an idea of how to broaden a research units span from one animal species to multiple to choose from. I would use this book to add to my research unit for my class.
Yates Marie
Dec 04, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: alphabet-books
This book is really good for children to look at to help them learn the alphabet. For every letter, there is a reptile that goes a long with it. You need to make sure that the children will not be scared of some of the reptiles that are in the book.
Hannah Woods
Week of October 9

This book is a good alphabet book. I have always liked the alphabet books that have useful and fun information in them. In this book, each letter of the alphabet is represented by a reptile who's name begins with that letter, and it has facts about each reptile.
Cheyenne
Aug 24, 2015 added it
Shelves: nonfiction
I think children would really like this book, especially the boys. This would be a great book to read before a trip to the zoo. Reptiles are very interesting and it wold be neat to have upper elementary students do a poster presentation on reptile of their choice and present it to the class.
Lyn
Sep 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
I bought this for my 4 year old nephew, of course I had to read it first. It is fun and I learned a few things about certain yucky reptiles!
Katie Roseveare
Mar 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: edsl-520
Love the art work. This could be used to compliment a science unit on reptiles, to get an idea of an animal to research on.
Amy
May 23, 2013 marked it as picture-books-read
Great information and short enough that preschool-aged children love it. For my full review: http://sunlitpages.blogspot.com/2013/...
Deborah Harris
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP
Tina
Apr 06, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: we-own, nature-study
Good illustrations of reptiles - helps with name recognition. Some are kind of scary, some pretty cool looking. Wow - a lizard with a blue tongue!
Lam Nguyen
Nov 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alphabet, science
This a book that incorporates math and science together. Students can learn the alphabet as well as reptiles. Great pictures to represent the reptiles.
Alicia
Aug 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids, abc, science
I love this Jerry Pallotta book. It is so much more than an alphabet book. There is so much science in it.
Aug 14, 2011
Sep 16, 2010
Amy Goldstein
Jan 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
My full name is Gerard Larry Pallotta but my mom always called me "Jerry". I was born on March 26, 1953 in Boston, Massachusetts. My mom's name is Mary, and she came from a family of ten children. My dad's name is Joe, and he came from a family of five children. My grandparents were immigrants of Italian descent. I have the nicest parents in the world. They have always been unselfish and ready to ...more
More about Jerry Pallotta...

Jerry Pallotta's Alphabet Books (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • The Bird Alphabet Book