Start by marking “Queen Amidala” as Want to Read:
Queen Amidala

Queen Amidala

(Star Wars: Journals)

The fascinating and dangerous first-hand story of Queen Amidala, Episode I's young heroine, who must hide tier identity and risk everything in order to save her planet and people.
Published June 1st 1999 by Scholastic Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Queen Amidala, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queen Amidala

Rinn Ramli
Jan 03, 2015 rated it liked it
bagi yang dah tengok episod 1, buku ni menceritakan perjalanan Queen Amidala dalam nada diari yang ditulis sendiri oleh beliau. insights yg menarik. bila banyak dialog tak rasa mcm baca journal lah pulak. Macam tgk balik episode 1 dari pov Padme Amidala.

masa ni anakin tak baligh lagi. so tak ada love story ya. :p. Amidala pon panggil dia Annie.

ada banyak gambar padme amidala dgn pakaian diraja dan mekap yang tebai seinci.

koleksi. mana ya aku dpt buku ni? *garupala

sure fine whatever
Rinn
Miss Clark
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: film-and-tv
At the time of reading this (not long after its publication), I really liked it. Must have read it at least four times. Padme/ Amidala was one of my favourite characters in The Phantom Menace and I really liked getting the insight into her character and thoughts provided by this "journal".
Julie
A retelling of The Phantom Menace from Queen Amidala's point of view. I thought it was well written, and offered a few insights into Padme's background on Naboo.
J.M.
I bought this because I enjoy the author's other Star Wars stories, and this doesn't disappoint. What I liked most about this book is that it tells the reader much more about Amidala/Padme than we learn in the movie, "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace." We learn about her becoming queen at a young age (an elected position, not hereditary), the relationship she has with her handmaidens (including the one who risks her own life to impersonate the queen), and the odd detail (such as the symbo ...more
Megan Deppe
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I felt one of two things while I was rereading this childhood favorite. One: "Ew, that's really creepy and weird", and two: "Wow why didn't we get more of this Amidala in the movies?!" Basically you can tell that this journal was written after the movies. There were a lot of hints about events that were going to come - like Anakin and Padmé falling in love - but in order to reference them, the characters have to sound really awkward and weird, since there should be now way of knowing/feeling wha ...more
Jurgen
Sep 04, 2018 rated it liked it
A bit redundent, not really any new information except for a few details.
Emily
Aug 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Star Wars fans
Shelves: star-wars
I like this book a lot. I enjoy how we get to see everything through Amidala's mind. I love how we get to read about the behind the scenes with Sabe taking Amidala's place. Before this book you just see the movie and it's kind of confusing cause you don't expect that someone is taking the queen's place for protection. It's interesting to read about how both Padme and Amidala are different. Also, I like how we get to see all Amidala's thoughts and worries and see how she forms her plan to take b ...more
Madison
Apr 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite books during my Star Wars-obsessed childhood. Not that I'm not obsessed with Star Wars now, but now it's my Star Wars-obsessed adulthood.

I reread this thing probably over a dozen times. I would shimmy down into the covers of my high-high up bunk bed, click on my reading lamp and read this thing like it was made of gold. And I never grew tired of it.

Now I need to find my old copy and re-read it.
Donna
Jan 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
A lot of the movie went over my head when I was a kid, so this book was actually incredibly helpful in sorting out when she was Padme and when she was Amidala in the movie. Granted, I don't think it would be too confusing now, if I ever watch it again on purpose, but the book is for kids, and it's effective for what it is, so, 4 stars.
Janelle Dazzlepants
Good for younger fans of the Star Wars series (like tweens), to further understand the Phantom Menace installment in the series. Although it was annoying how she refers to C3PO as 'Seethreepio' and R2D2 as 'Artoo' but ultimately it doesn't matter too much.
Taylor
May 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was one of my absolute favorite books as a kid. I read it soon after Episode I was released, and being a 9-year-old girl, I thought Padme was the bees knees. This book brought me hours of enjoyment.
Tai
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I used this book with my third grade students in a reading group. They loved it, though it took a lot of discussion to break down the vocabulary as it was difficult for third graders. Overall, it was great for their interest and was a great book to read in a small reading group.
Shawn Fairweather
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
Yet another SW cash grab that contributed to the redundancy of the Phantom Menace story line told over and over again from multiple viewpoints (This being Queen Amidala's) even though each viewpoint sees things the same exact way.
Nicole
Jul 01, 2013 rated it liked it
I reread it out of boredom. I actually think it would really help a younger child understand the movie better, especially from padme's point of view. For kids, its a really cute book, and I remember that when I was little I adored it.
Keri (JD)
Jul 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I love this book, just like I love Padme Amidala. I read it over and over and over again. I love how they show Padme's costumes in the pictures at the beginning of the chapters and the area she is in is the background of the page. Reading this book never grows old.
A.
Nov 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: x_star-wars
Good read
Steven Hummer
Aug 07, 2008 rated it did not like it
Not nearly as fun as the other Star Wars Journals I read as a kid.
Meadow Frisbie
Jan 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
The diary of Queen Amidala was my favorite of all of Jude Watson's diaries. The pages werer high quality and the backround photos werer neat.
Tara Calaby
These kind of tie-ins are never spectacular, but this was much better than the Anakin version, due largely to the writing skills of Jude Watson, who also wrote the fun Jedi Apprentice series.
Jeneé
The star wars journal books are great for younger readers. You find out what was going on in the minds of the characters while the rest of the star wars story is going on.
Aug 08, 2017
Amber
Sep 17, 2013
Eshwarya Andy
Apr 18, 2017

• Anakin Skywalker (Star Wars: Journal)
  • Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
  • Maze of Deception (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #3)
  • The Fight to Survive (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #1)
  • Search for the Lost Jedi (Star Wars: Episode I Adventures, #1)
  • Ghost of the Jedi (Star Wars: Galaxy of Fear, #5)
  • The Golden Globe (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #1)
  • Kenobi's Blade (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #6)
  • Prophets of the Dark Side (Star Wars: Jedi Prince, #6)
  • Renegade (Star Wars: Rebel Force #3)

Star Wars: Journals (6 books)
  • Darth Maul
  • Anakin Skywalker (Star Wars: Journal)
  • Captive to Evil (Star Wars Journal)
  • The Fight for Justice (Star Wars: Journals)
  • Hero for Hire (Star Wars: Journals)