Start by marking “Sky Thieves” as Want to Read:
Sky Thieves

Sky Thieves

Love Pirates of the Caribbean? Then prepared to be swept away by this new swashbuckling adventure series.

Talented debut author, Dan Walker, creates an imaginative world where thieves sail the skies in flying galleons-an action-packed adventure of epic scale.

Zoya DeLarose has no idea her life is about to change forever when a band of sky thieves 'steal' her away from her o
Published March 6th 2017 by Oxford University Press

To ask other readers questions about Sky Thieves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sky Thieves

Nicola
Apr 26, 2017 Nicola rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Zoya Delarose has spent her childhood in an orphanage and dreams of one day getting off land and working on an airship. When the unexpected happens and she is smuggled onto a pirate airship, she learns that there are different types of pirates (good as well as bad!) and discovers secrets about her hidden past.

Sky Thieves is full to the brim with adventure and the added twist of making a pirate story take place in the sky really adds to the excitement. Zoya is rebellious, loyal and incredibly co
Just_me
Me and my 9 year old daughter read this book together and both really loved it.

The main protagonist was an instant hit with Boo and she instantly loved her. The story had us both gripped throughout and it had us literally at the edge of the chair cheering them all on.

With thanks to love reading 4 kids and the publisher for the opportunity to read an review an arc.
Book Gannet
The mere mention of sky ships was enough to grab my attention, so throw in a feisty heroine, floating islands and deadly peril and I was excited to read this book. Sadly, it didn’t live up to my expectations. It’s not a terrible book, but it’s all a bit light and flimsy for me (or the young reader I used to be).

For example, Zoya, our feisty heroine, starts the story as an orphan breaking into the headmaster’s office to steal her own locket back. That locket is pretty much the only thing Zoya sho
Darlene Cruz
Apr 25, 2017 Darlene Cruz rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed the action and do I have to say it? I was swept away for sure. The characters were spot on, continually creating a mood of a fantasy world of flying sky-high pirate ships. All the gadgetry you can imagine to make this an exciting read was poignantly here in this story. Airships, yes Airships gliding throughout, breathtaking scenes I imagined and enjoyed. Thank you, winner of a free book Goodreads First Read Giveaway.
Beth Smith
Apr 12, 2017 Beth Smith rated it it was amazing
Read this book first when it was called "The Locket Thief" - I really enjoyed it then and it's even better now. Full of action, exciting cliffhangers and a lovely heroine in Zoya DeLarose. Will be passing on to my friends.
Mikayla Gray
I was sent a free copy of this book by the author and Oxford University Press in exchange for an honest review. As always though, this hasn't impacted on my review.

Sky Thieves is a fantastic story of a young girl with her head in the clouds. Growing up in an orphanage, Zoya DeLarose has always dreamed of taking to the skies. Constantly getting into trouble, she's on the verge of turning her life around when a secret from her past literally drops into her life.

Zoya is a wonderful character, a per
Ewa Anna
Ewa Anna rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2017
Clare Wilkins
Clare Wilkins rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2017
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2017
Tyler Singleton
Tyler Singleton marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2017
Cristina
Cristina marked it as to-read
Betty
Betty marked it as to-read
Jamie Piper
Jamie Piper marked it as to-read
SALLY WHITE
SALLY WHITE marked it as to-read
Nicola Fantom
Nicola Fantom marked it as to-read
Brightfeather
Brightfeather marked it as to-read
Olwyn Ducker
Olwyn Ducker marked it as to-read
Micielle
Micielle marked it as to-read
Kathy Heare Watts
Kathy Heare Watts marked it as to-read
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Bonita Martin
Bonita Martin marked it as to-read
Manda
Manda marked it as to-read
Chris Jackson
Chris Jackson marked it as to-read
Lorra
Lorra marked it as to-read
Debbie Kennedy
Debbie Kennedy marked it as to-read
Roger
Roger marked it as to-read
Daniel Muscat
Daniel Muscat marked it as to-read
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Agnes Marshall
Agnes Marshall marked it as to-read
Tammy Varner Hornbeck
Tammy Varner Hornbeck marked it as to-read
Ronald Smith
Ronald Smith marked it as to-read
Print Teach
Print Teach marked it as to-read
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2017
Dan lives smack-bang in the centre of the UK, just outside a city called Nottingham, with his lovely, patient and supportive wife Dominika.

Dan spent his childhood being dragged up and down the hills of the Peak District, frantically hammering away at computer games and raiding his cousin’s bookshelf for anything with a colourful cover. He later tricked the University of Derby into allowing him adm
More about Dan Walker...