Start by marking “Camelot's Blood (The Paths to Camelot, #4)” as Want to Read:
Camelot's Blood (The Paths to Camelot, #4)

Camelot's Blood

(The Paths to Camelot #4)

An evocative and highly engaging romantic fantasy set in the evocative time of King Arthur. Laurel Carnbrea, Queen of Cambryn, arrives at Camelot to marry a man she has never met -- Sir Agravain, the brother of the renowned Sir Gawain. Laurel has heard that Agravain is a reserved and cold man, but marriage to King Arthur's nephew will give vital protection to her own lands ...more
Published March 3rd 2008 by Harper

Nikki
In some ways, I think Laurel and Agravain are my favourite couple of the four, at least on this go round. They have a slightly different storyline -- an arranged marriage, a slower path to love, two coldly political partners -- and both have had build-up in previous books. It's especially good to see the human side of Agravain; in a way, he's more believable than his brothers because he's not perfect, he's damaged and rough around the edges, but he's still good.

I've always enjoyed Zettel's willi
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I first read this series, I mostly dismissed it as romance — back when I felt pretty dismissive of romance in general, I’ll admit. Reading it now, I’ve been impressed all over again by the work Zettel did to bring together different Arthurian threads and weave them all into a cohesive story. Reading the end of this book, I kind of want to read her version of how the story plays out.

On the other, I really don’t, because this is a good ending to the story of the four brothers from Gododdin, w
Apricity
I wouldn't categorize this book as a romance because its entire plot depends on family - what it means to have a sibling, whether those siblings get along (Laurel and her sister), do not get along (Agravain & Gawain) or feel both emotions (Morgause & Morgaine), and what it means to sacrifice for family or for one's people without recognition or any gain.

Agravain

Agravain met his brother’s eyes and saw there none of Gawain’s pride, and very little of his hero’s certainty. For once, there
A.M.
Jan 04, 2010 rated it liked it
Apparently, this book is one of a series. And it’s not even the first in the series. It’s a credit to the book that I was able to pick it up and enjoy it without knowing anything about what had happened before.

Let’s be honest: I felt faintly ridiculous carrying this book around town. It has the word “Camelot” in the title. It has a woman in a medieval dress on the cover. And swirly things.

Some romances are so unbelievably ridiculous that you’ve got to laugh while you read them. (Like, for exampl
Nikki
See the first book of this series, Camelot's Shadow, for my full review of this series.

Reread in February 2010.

I really love this book. I don't remember how strongly I felt about it the first time, but I have a thing for second sons in fiction, second sons like Agravain -- the quieter, grimmer ones, the dutiful ones with their hidden passions and their determinations. Agravain is a perfect example, and it's also interesting that in this story, he and Laurel fall in love after their marriage, whi
Michelle O'flynn
Jul 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this. Not having a real yearning for a lot of Arthurian legendary novels, but have read a few different takes on this famous tale, I found that Zettel blended a lot of what if beleived to be ture, but put her own perspective to how things were/could have been, which is what you want. Great rea, and I hope I like the others in the series too.
Lynn Calvin
Amazon UK
Lucia
Dec 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
My favourite book in the series. I love the perspective of the plot. arranged marriage, cold and flawed characters...
Jessica
Jun 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Reading from Agravain's view was interesting and better than I expected. Favourite Paths to Camelot book yet!
Alice
Leah Anderson
Jul 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 16, 2015 03:12PM

• Dark Moon of Avalon (Twilight of Avalon, #2)
  • Guinevere: The Legend in Autumn  (Guinevere, #3)
  • Beloved Exile (Firelord, #2)
  • In the Shadow of the Oak King (Dragon's Heirs, #1)
  • The Road to Camlann. The Death of King Arthur
  • Arcana Vol 1
  • Prince of Dreams: A Tale of Tristan and Esyllte
  • A Kiss for My Prince: Volume 1
  • Warrior of the West (King Arthur, #2)
  • Lancelot (Knights Of The Round Table, #1)
  • The Legend of the King (The Squire's Tales, #10)
  • The Betrayal Knows My Name, Volume 04
  • Basara, Vol. 17
  • Koan (Wolf's-own, #3)
  • The Queen's Knight, Volume 1
  • The Dawn Star (Lost Continent, #3)
  • The Destined Queen (Umbria, #2)
  • Silver Diamond 3
Sarah Zettel is the critically acclaimed author of more than twenty novels, spanning the full range of genre fiction. Her debut novel, Reclamation, won the Locus Award for Best First Novel. Her second release, Fool’s War, was a 1997 New York Times Notable Book, and the American Library Association named Playing God one of the Best Books for Young Adults of 1999. Her novel Bitter Angels won the Phi ...more

The Paths to Camelot (4 books)
  • In Camelot's Shadow (The Paths to Camelot, #1)
  • For Camelot's Honor (The Paths to Camelot, #2)
  • Under Camelot's Banner (The Paths to Camelot, #3)