Start by marking “Murder on the QE2 (Murder, She Wrote, #9)” as Want to Read:
Murder on the QE2 (Murder, She Wrote, #9)

Murder on the QE2

(Murder, She Wrote #9)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  850 ratings  ·  79 reviews
Bestselling mystery writer and amateur sleuth Jessica Fletcher is invited to travel to London on the grand dame of ocean liners, the "Queen Elizabeth II", as one of seven guest lecturers. The night they set sail, a fellow speaker is found brutally murdered. Now Jessica has just four days at sea to find the killer before she finds more of her colleagues, or even herself, ...more
Published October 1st 1997 by Signet (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Murder on the QE2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder on the QE2

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Murder on the QE2 (Murder, She Wrote, #9)
Roberto
Jun 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Kind of like reading a travel brochure with a murder in it. Weirdly a dream combination. Badass Jessica does it again! With a little help from fellow 'cruiser' Mary...
Nicole
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
For a 25 cents garage sale book I enjoyed this greatly!
Syrdarya
Jul 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
Jessica Fletcher is asked to lecture and to write a murder mystery play for a crossing of the QE2. Waxing nostalgic over the crossing she and her husband had taken 20 years before, Jessica takes on the job and looks forward to some relaxation. When a passenger is murdered, Jessica becomes involved in the search for the killer.

The repetitive "he said," "she said" was irritating. Readers can usually tell who's doing the talking unless your writing is disorganized, so it wasn't necessary to include
Jack Heath
5 Stars. It's just so Angela Lansbury - the photo on the front cover, the character and script as Jessica Fletcher, and the image in my mind of a person I'd like to meet. This one's a good one as ghost writer Donald Bain crafts an intriguing puzzle for us to enjoy, and possibly solve before the final pages, while we vicariously cross the north Atlantic with Jessica from New York to Southampton aboard the famous Queen Elizabeth 2 ocean liner. She is invited to travel to London on the liner as a ...more
Linda
May 28, 2010 rated it it was ok
I usually like the Murder She Wrote series a lot. This one was a disappointment for three reasons. It wasn't as well written as the previous ones in the collection. While reading, I often felt like the book was an advertisement for a cruise line. The ending was incredibly far fetched. I hope the next one is better.
Spencer
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's murder on an ocean liner crossing the Atlantic! Jessica Fletcher is all over it! Yet, another clever who- dun- it from the series of Murder She Wrote books.
Amy Swafford
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Some of these books portray Jessica different than the television show but this one is more in tune with how the television series went. Keeps you guessing throughout!
Jane(Janelba)
Dec 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Really loved this mystery by Jessica Fletcher/Donald Bain.

Kept me guessing until the end which was good and really enjoyed the QE2 experience too !
Emma
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Im so glad I discovered these books! Murder, She Wrote is one of my favourite television shows and the accompanying books have now become a favourite too. Murder on the QE2 sees Jessica Fletcher accept the job of writing an original mystery play for the five day crossing and also giving a lecture on mystery writing. Of course, wherever Jessica goes murder usually follows and when a fellow lecturer is found dead Jessica becomes thrown into another mystery.

Just like the show the characters are
Carol Evans
Mar 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Murder She Wrote was a tv staple when I was younger, so in the midst of all this staying at home, I thought Id grab Murder on the QE2 off my shelf. Im honestly not sure where I picked it up or who gave it to me, but it was enjoyable. Theres a bit of nostalgia while reading it, they talk about floppy disks and VHS tapes and the internet is still pretty new.

Jessica is on an all-expense-paid trip across the Atlantic on the luxury ocean liner Queen Elizabeth 2, and mind you its a crossing, not a
Nicholas Roy
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My first read of 2020! What a great way to kick off the year.

Murder, mystery, a crossing of the Atlantic, VHS tapes and floppy disks. Jessica Fletcher is on an all expense paid trip across the Atlantic on the luxury ocean liner Queen Elizabeth 2, as a guest lecturer to speak about mystery writings, and to write an original play to be performed on board. However, and what a shocker, murder finds her in the middle of the Atlantic when she discovers a socialites body! All thoughts of relaxation,
Claudia Cheyne
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Jessica Fletcher's literary agent called to let her know she would be making a crossing on the QE2 as long as she would give a lecture and write a play to be performed by a professional group of actors. That sounded easy enough. Jessica looked forward to relaxing during her free time. However, the first morning she was on board she decided to go for a walk with a fellow passenger after breakfast. They discovered the body of an aging movie actress who was trying to make a come back. There were ...more
Juliet Swift
I love the setting so much! I have never been on a cruise and I am not sure I will ever manage (anything that is not solid ground gives me horrible motion sickness).
But I so want to go on the Queen Elizabeth 2 now! I could see all the luxurious rooms and the entertainment and oh I want to see that too!

The mystery was also good, as usual there were many characters that could have committed the murder.
The story was very lively and it kept me interested.

As in all the other instalments so far, I
Vani
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've always enjoyed reading the Murder She Wrote series and this particular mystery was no exception. Having never cruised on the QEII, I appreciated the author's attention to detail and description of the crossing.

Bestselling author Jessica Fletcher is prepared for five days of rest and relaxation when she is invited to join a crossing on the Queen Elizabeth II. All she has to do is give a couple of lectures and write an onboard murder mystery play to be performed during the crossing. But as
Heather Campsmith
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jessica Fletcher does it again and saves the day: I find it highly entertaining that when accused of being a snoop she denies it, which we all know she is she can not help it. This was an enjoyable read from start to finish and I was glad Jessica found some time to herself as little as it was . I was also glad she had a chum to help her along the way which put the lime wedge in the drink so to speak.
Mary
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jessica agrees to give a lecture during a crossing on the QE2, and to work on a murder mystery play to be performed aboard the ship. It seems like a good way to relax and unwind...until one of the other lecturers is murdered. With the help of a fan on board, Jessica tracks the killer while trying to make sure she keeps up with her own duties.

This book was great fun and, since the real QE2 is no longer cruising the seas, it's the closest you can get to on onboard experience these days.
Katey
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this mystery solved by Jessica Fletcher. I have never taken a "cruise" before, but I want to go on one sometime. I'm amazed at how many people were on board that had some sort of relationship with the murder victim. And I'm just as surprised to find out that the second death that occurred was not a murder, but a suicide. An interesting ending to this story.
Melissa Joulwan
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
2 1/2 stars.

I usually really enjoy these Jessica Fletcher mysteries because I love love love Murder, She Wrote, but this was pretty clunky. I liked visualizing Angela Lansbury and the descriptions of the Queen Elizabeth 2 were nicely rendered, but overall, this was a little bit of a slog. #teamjessicafletcher4evah
Val
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love reading murder, she wrote books! The author makes me feel like Jess's good friend and we are sharing a adventure together or she's sharing her latest adventure with me over tea in her kitchen or at Mara's diner. I'm always excited to read the next and sorry when it's done.
Rosa Cline
Nov 27, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Not as good as the other books in this series.

This I found had a different Aire about it as if it was written by someone else. Had to many characters and to many plots to keep them straight. But still a good read.
Julia
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you love Agatha Christie, you will love this one. It is very reminiscent of one of her classics, but I won't say which. The ending is a little bit different too, but not by much, although the whole story (and location) is completely different.
John
Feb 22, 2018 rated it liked it
One of the better ones.
Connie Hendryx
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this older Murder She Wrote book....but some of how Jessica reacted didn't fit with my image of her....but at least I was stymied until the end to know who did it!
Richard
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Entertaining quick read about a couple murders on a cruise, while we were on a cruise. It was just like watching an episode of Murder She Wrote.
Corey
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
You'll be guessing at whodunit until the last 20 pages!
Reenah
May 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: popsugar2018
Just like watching an episode of Murder, Show Wrote, although seeing Angela Lansbury act it out makes it better. A very COZY mystery.
Jackie
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the plot and liked Mary Jessicas friend on the ship would read it again
Shawna
Feb 12, 2017 rated it liked it
first I ever read. I started this on 2/11/17 around 4pm. finished today at 6pm.
Cynthia Collins
Apr 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Murder on the QE2 has mystery novelist Jessica Fletcher crossing the Atlantic on the Queen Elizabeth 2, having been asked to write a murder mystery play as part of the onboard entertainment. While she and another guest, a charming woman who won a local murder mystery contest, are walking on one of the decks, the woman spots something unusual. She and Jessica get a closer look and discover one of the female passengers was murdered. Several of the guests on board were part of the victim's life. ...more
Feoni
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great novel by the authors. They keep sending me to read other novels in the same genre. This was a real "page turner". It kept this reader on the edge of her seat; hence, trips to Sarbucks for much needed fuel.

Mystery follows Jessica wherever she goes even on the high seas. However she welcomed the help of Mary in this new adventure. The ladies displayed their sleuthing abilities and great sense of deduction yet discretion into their shipmates' activities and lives.

When Scotland Yard arrived
« previous 1 3 next »
The Women's Myste...: #9 Murder on the QE2 1 3 Aug 09, 2013 11:47PM

• Murder in the First Edition (Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery, #3)
  • The Diva Sweetens the Pie (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #12)
  • Coconut Layer Cake Murder (Hannah Swensen #25)
  • Fatal Roots (County Cork #8)
  • Death by Coffee (Bookstore Cafe Mystery, #1)
  • A Dark and Stormy Murder (A Writer's Apprentice Mystery, #1)
  • Death Beside the Seaside (Lady Hardcastle Mysteries, #6)
  • Rest Ye Murdered Gentlemen (A Year-Round Christmas Mystery #1)
  • The Last Passenger (Charles Lenox Mysteries, #0.3)
  • Not a Creature Was Purring (Paws and Claws Mystery, #5)
  • Shooting Elvis (Charlie Priest, #11)
  • Yoga for the Inflexible Male: A How-To Guide
  • Toxic Toffee (Amish Candy Shop Mystery #4)
  • Mermaid Inn
  • The Book of Candlelight (Secret, Book, & Scone Society, #3)
  • Bright Young Dead (The Mitford Murders #2)
  • The Cold Light of Mourning (A Penny Brannigan Mystery #1)
  • The Victory Dance Murder
Librarians note: There is more than one author in the Goodreads database with this name.

Jessica Fletcher (born Jessica Beatrice MacGill, and writes under the initialed J.B. Fletcher) is a fictional character from the US television series Murder, She Wrote.

In keeping with the spirit of the TV show, a series of official original novels have been written by American ghostwriter Donald Bain and

Murder, She Wrote (1 - 10 of 51 books)
  • Gin & Daggers (Murder, She Wrote, #1)
  • Manhattans & Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #2)
  • Rum & Razors (Murder, She Wrote, #3)
  • Brandy and Bullets (Murder, She Wrote, #4)
  • Martinis & Mayhem (Murder, She Wrote, #5)
  • A Deadly Judgment (Murder, She Wrote, #6)
  • A Palette for Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #7)
  • The Highland Fling Murders (Murder, She Wrote, #8)
  • Murder in Moscow (Murder, She Wrote, #10)
  • A Little Yuletide Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #11)

News & Interviews

With clever detectives, missing jewels, murderous women, daring spies, and more, mysteries and thrillers deliver page-turning delight with ever...