Start by marking “Accused (The Talani Trade Alliance #1)” as Want to Read:
Accused (The Talani Trade Alliance #1)

Accused

(The Talani Trade Alliance #1)

Matthias Reynolds loves his life. He's starting to make it as a graphic artist at last and has a job he really likes at a local café that pays the bills. When a night out clubbing leads to an awkward morning after, he's embarrassed and more than ready to forget all about it. When Talani Enforcers show up at the café, he doesn't know what to make of it all as he's led away ...more
Published December 27th 2016 by Rune Tree Press (first published December 2nd 2016)

Start your review of Accused (The Talani Trade Alliance #1)
Cadiva
Aug 27, 2017 rated it liked it
I just wrote a review which the app seems to have lost so here's a summary.

Needed more proofing, world building good, interesting take on mPreg, good relationship development, very visual world description which was great.
Qukatheg
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free through Voracious Readers Only.

After a drunk hookup with his best friend that he doesn't remember, Matti is arrested by the Talani - because to the Talani Trade Alliance this is a crime. In their court he accepts a plea bargain, which means he will have to work for the Talani in whatever job they assign him until he hits retirement age. He is immediately shipped off Earth and assigned to J'nah Quislin as his mate. Without being informed of what is happening, Matti i
Lara
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent story

Very science fiction. Great for those who enjoy a sci-fi story. Of course there is a MM Romance and mpreg twist. A well told story with nicely done characters, fun and interesting side characters and an interesting storyline. I recommend this to anyone who enjoys the genre.
John-Torleif  Harris
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good first book in a series

I've never come across a marsupial Mpreg mechanism before. This book was a great opening to a series that I definitely plan on reading.
Nic
Feb 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Okayish

This was an okay read. The description of the world being created was done nicely and seem rather interesting with the various alliances. But the story felt a bit dragged out and there were a few places where it was a bit hard to follow. Will read the next book in order to see how the story continues.
Roger
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Not usually into Mpreg and didn't notice this was one when I grabbed it from KU, however the story was good and engaging. Interesting beginning of a series and am looking forward to learning more about the cultures introduced as although this book had a good dose of sci-fi, it was mostly about the introducing the world(s) and characters.
Tracey
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this quirky take on mpreg.

An interesting story, with great characters. The only thing that stopped it being a 5 star was Matty's reaction to what happened to him. He was just a bit to accepting of everything, instead of freaking out over his friends betrayal and the repercussions. Look forward to more in this series.
S.
May 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
I think what I didn't like about this book was how much mundane stuff was explained in great detail. Down to them cooking their meals was a very tedious read. I will look for the second book but I hope for some more time with the MC's and not so much time with dinner preparations.
Kelli
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Blinding good read
I was pulled into this with a WHOOSH and have literally just read it start to finish in a single sitting. Pacy, good characters, and with enough detail to build a believable future world with an alien trade alliance (and one that harbours a sinister secret, at that). The only thing that could have improved it is a keen-eyed editor. (The version I have contained rather too many typos and bits of odd grammar. Get the mechanics right and they're invisible, but get them even slight
Melissa D Bigham
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved the story

I enjoyed the story. It had many of the alien MPreg elements typical for this genre but it was a bit more interesting with the third gender. It also explained the evolution of the Talani to help understand Matt's role in birthing the young and why the woman of there species does not have the same maternal instincts as humans.

There were a couple of name issue that caused a bit of confusion. Matt was called Jared once.

I wanted to read more and follow J'nel and his search for Duane
Mitya

This was a fun and creative book. I liked it wasn't just the usual vaguely explained or hand-wavy mpreg, that the aliens really did have a VERY different way of doing things. I liked their dynamic, I liked he simply wasn't stockholmed into it, that his mate realized what happened was horrible and took steps to see it stopped happening.

Now I need Duane's story. That poor boy! He started out an ass, but he tried to fix it, baby does not deserve what's happened to him. Looking forward to his book!
Katherine
Sep 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Alright, first off, I did like this story. A kidnapping, arranged/forced marriage, alien culture. It was good. And the fact that the lead is gay and the alien has essentially a third gender in their culture to nurture and raise offspring was fantastic. The problem I had was I felt the story was very light. It almost read like a Harlequin, where the plot is skimmed to get to the relationship parts. I wanted to go deeper into this culture. When did the aliens arrive? When did they merge with human ...more
Rachel
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. I liked the originality of the alien biology. But I feel that there could of been some background as to why the aliens had come earlier in the story. A lot had to be taken for granted. initially it made me wonder if it was a second or third in a series that had a developed story that I was missing rather than the first book of the series. But other that and a few typos is was an engaging story. I look forward to the next book taking up where this one ended.
Ann
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a really good read telling the story of Matthias and what happens to him after a drunken night. He ends up sentenced to be a submissive to a Talani warrior J'nah. J'nah finds he is in a battle to keep Matty safe and find out who was responsible for what was an illegal act.
This looks like it is going to be a great series as we have still to find out what happened to Matthias' friend
I received an ARC and this is my voluntary review
Ally Lupold
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Love the intrigue, and the deceptive practices of the aliens 👽 involved with the unauthorised development of the restructure of a human make to be able to carry their young once he is pledged for. A must read!
Elisa Rolle
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
2017 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention: Leona Windwalker Accused (The Talani Trade Alliance #1)
1) I didn’t think I would like it, but by the time the Sachari element entered the story I was hooked. It ended up being an awesome read.

miss natasha stokes
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant read everytime

I have read this a few times and I thoroughly enjoy the premise of the story. I can't wait to read what happens next and I hope the conspiracy comes to light a bit more in book 2.
Claudia
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, alien
3,5 *
this was a good book with an interesting plot. I'll check book 2 for sure.
(It saddened me to see a lot of edit problems / misstypings.)
Avril
Feb 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Good story

But needs serious proof reading. The constant errors were tedious and detracted from the story for me. Read it but keep but this in mind
Lisa Guertin
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a Five Star book that was hampered by the large number of errors in the final third of its content. I was impressed by the world building and character development. The author made even the extremely rigid Talani likable. Matty and J'nah make a good couple and I loved the way J'nah put Matty first. I'm hoping that version I received for review was not a final edited copy. If so, I will gladly upgrade my review to five starts after rereading it for errors. Unfortunately, there were many h ...more
Antoinette
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely wonderful story. It was emotional and intriguing. Marty and J'nah were an amazing couple and I can't wait to read more about them. At first I was really upset with Duane and did not like him at all, now I just feel sorry for him. I hope he gets his HEA, maybe with J'nel. I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Andrea
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Accused

Very nice book. Somewhat stilted at times but a solid story with characters you can emotionally connect to. Definitely will buy book 2.
ERIN  smith
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
not bad

I admit in the beginning i was a little bit confusing and chapters kinda ran together which was hard to figure out. I did enjoy the story and look forward to next book.
Christy
Mar 22, 2020
Ashley
Sep 04, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Azaran (The Brotherhood of Ormarr, #1)
  • Enemy/Lover (The Vale Chronicles #2)
  • Rebound (Pucks & Rainbows, #1)
  • Love Bites (Thicker Than Water #1)
  • Pregnant With Their Babes (Mermen of Aegeaus #1)
  • Sacred Omega (Guardian Dragons, #1)
  • Wolf Lost (The Wolves of Kismet #1)
  • Fourth Point of Contact (Legends of Lobe den Herren #1)
  • His Alphas (Omega for All #1)
  • Body Magic (Triad #2)
  • Soul Magic (Triad #3)
  • Jon's Crazy Head-Boppin' Mystery (Jon's Mysteries, #2)
  • Chasing Fate (Copper Creek Shifters #1)
  • Prize of the Alien Captain (Space Elf Empire #1)
  • Omega's Power (Irresistible Omegas, #7)
  • His Elder Dragon (Divine Dragons #1)
  • His Wolves (Omega for All #3)
  • His Fated Mates (Omega for All #2)
Leona is a longtime staunch supporter of human rights and environmental causes. Her favourite genre to read is M/M fiction and she particularly enjoys science fiction, fantasy, and action/suspense subgenres—especially if they have a nice seasoning of romance. She has far too many books on her Kindle, has overloaded her phone with even more and, when not reading, writing, being driven to distractio ...more

The Talani Trade Alliance (2 books)
  • Judged (The Talani Trade Alliance #2)

News & Interviews