Start by marking “Mercy” as Want to Read:

Mercy

Nineteen-year-old Anna James is an Ex-President's daughter with a bounty on her head. A sudden thirst for teenage rebellion lands her in a crowded night club, where she locks eyes with a beautiful stranger across the room.

Ten years her senior, elusive and brooding Julian rescues Anna and then whisks her away to an undisclosed location in the wilderness. But Julian is like
Published (first published January 31st 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Mercy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mercy

Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
giphy (1)

⭐⭐⭐⭐STARS.
REVIEW COPY
Release Date-21/1/17

So "Mercy: A Hitman Romance" by Lindsay Marie Miller was very much swings and roundabouts for me and initially I thought It was totally going to be a three-star rating all the way, then just over halfway through this book something happened to change that.
The author managed to totally blindside me, I mean I really didn't see this coming at all.
The ball was thrown completely out of the park.
And in doing so "Mercy" was pulled from an Ok mediocre read to a
W
✿kawehi.reviews
This is my first read from this author so I didn't know what to expect and where the story line would go seeing that it was bk1 of a series. *NOTE: This is a book standalone.*

Over all, it was a good start with a few minor plot holes in the character progression, development and continuity. A romantic thriller that screamed mystery and intrigue. I've always loved dangerous romances so to have an ex-president's daughter and an assassin in the mix grabbed my attention right away.

Will stay on for bk
Margie   'CSR' Fite
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First.. i have to begin with the "Cover" an AMAZING! BEAUTIFUL!" I JUST KNEW I HAD TO READ THIS 'JEWEL" I was so excited when i began reading.. this book 'blew me away!!' This book had so many facets to it.. it was a thriller, suspense, due to explicit sex scenes +18 (HOT), Romance.. & lastly even some mystery too....
Anna, is in college - yet she is NOT the typical 'college girl' NO! She is the daughter of the ex-president. Ann wanted for once to go out and let her hair down & try to be
Angela
5 Stars

Mercy: A Hitman Romance by Lindsay Marie Miller is a romantic suspense, with mystery, intrigue, danger, violence, angst, some push me/pull you, sexual tension, great chemistry, romance, and some brutal, shocking and intense scenes. Ms. Miller kept me on the edge of my seat the whole way through, throwing in several twists and surprises into the mix that added a lot of intensity to the story.
Anna appears to be an average college student out for a night on the town with her best friend, bu
Michaelene

Mercy by Lindsay Marie Miller is an on-the-run adventure romance with a hitman and his captive. I liked the bare bones idea, but it felt a bit overdone and illogical actions kept me from believing their story.

I tend to read darker stories, so I was intrig
Kim Shofner
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Over all I liked the concept of this book. I felt like it was a bit rushed. I felt like she was a bit more childlike than a 19yr old should be. He seemed too emotional for a seasoned hitman. I liked the story and how it ended. I just think it could have been executed a little better. See what I did there?
Nadine Bookaholic
In this book things aren't exactly as they seem. Anna is taken because being the former President of the United States daughter there is a huge bounty on her head, but the question isn't who has taken her the question is why.
You can see my full review here: https://nadineisobsessedwithbooks.blo...
Books Laid Bare
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an author that is new to me but knowing that she has other works out there has had me reaching for the one-click because when I finished this story I just had to see what else she had to offer.
This had just the right mix of angst and mystery, with enough stream to have me flush on more than one occasion.

The story revolves around Anna James, daughter of the former President and Julian, the mysterious man that she has no idea has been sent to kill her.

Anna knows that her father’s position
Liz
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Dying is one thing. Living with yourself and all the things you’ve done is another.”
“I made so many mistakes that night. Mistakes that could have been easily avoided. Decisions that were obviously not the best ones, not the right ones at least. But none of that matters now.”
I wasn’t for sure what to expect going into this novel from Lindsay Marie Miller. I have read a few of her shorter works in the past, mostly in anthologies, but the cover captivated me and the synopsis had me pulled in for t
Bobbi Wagner
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mercy: A Hitman Romance by Lindsay Marie Miller is a romance thriller that will leave you sitting on the edge of your seat just waiting to see what is lurking behind every page. This is not my first story by this author but it has become my favorite so far. I enjoy her writing style and her attention to details. They make me feel like I am right there in the setting and with the characters. Her characters are both true to life and connectable. They will take you on an emotional roller coaster ri ...more
Chantelle Smith
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mercy is a Stand-alone novel from author Lindsay Marie Miller This is my second read from the author and she continues to just get better and better. She has a brilliant writing style, with incredible characters and a brilliant captivating storyline, in which she shows attention to detail in all things throughout the story. I will be continuing to look out for her future books and what else she has to offer.

This book was romantic, suspenseful, action packed, fast paced and thrilling from the sta
Rebecca Austin
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-kylie-s
Anna James is 19 and the daughter of the ex-President. When she is out dancing at a club with her best friend, Bridgette, she is taken out of the club against her will and kidnapped. Soon she finds herself rescued by a mysterious stranger who she danced with at the club.

Julian is 29 and has been hired to kill Anna but finds he can't do it and rescues her instead. Now he has to keep the two of them safe from others who are after them and still want Anna.

As Anna and Julian begin to get closer he r
Angela Shirley
Mercy: A hitman romance is a book by Lindsay Marie Miller the story involves twists, turns and intrigue when a ex-presidents daughter is kidnapped, the only problem is, the hero may not be all he seems.

The story start off pretty fast paced with Anna going out and meeting a dark stranger but things go down hill from there. The dark stranger who we find out is Julian understands she is in danger and flees to a remote destination, the only issue is that Julian is the one she should be worried about
Cindy
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Hitman Romance
By Lindsay Marie Miller
☆☆☆☆☆
A suspenseful and dark thriller romance, and whole lot of twists and turns. This book can be read as a standalone.

Anna James is an ex presidents daughter, with a bounty on her head. She has been under the watchful eye for so long that she had become a homebody. She is in college and her best friend and roommate are very close. One dreadful night the girls go out dancing, and everything Anna believed has turned in to fear. She has been kidnapped a
Emma
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mercy: A Hitman Romance by Lindsay Marie Miller is a four-star read. The characters seem to be based off real life people instead of characters that are made up. This is one of the things I loved about this novel and the author. Anna is an ex-president’s daughter, and she’s lived a sheltered life because of it. Her first night out with a friend, however, leaves her at the hands of a group of assassins. But the man sent to kill her can’t quite pull the trigger. This had just the right amount of a ...more
Valkyrie Oracle
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I found the idea of a naïve politician’s daughter somewhat implausible, the premise of the story is intriguing, a former president’s daughter falling in love with the man hired to kill her.

Anna has led a very controlled life being the daughter of a politician. Once she’s away at college, she wants to live a little and have fun, you might call it latent teenage rebellion. When she decides one night to sneak off campus with her best friend, she finds out that there is a bounty on her head an
Romance Between The Sheets
Mercy is a fast paced romantic read that will have you on the edge of your seat.  One moment you will be cursing Julian and the next will be wanting to be in his arms like Anna.

Firstly I do have to say the cover although good looking to me does not reflect who Anna is. To me, she is 19, protected daughter and a virgin.  Once I consumed myself within the walls of Julian and Anna's world the cover picture faded away thankfully.

Mercy is a standalone however at the end of this I could have read so m
Rachel
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mercy is an angsty roller coaster in all of the good and groan worthy ways. This one is much like a soap opera, which isn't my usual read. I was hoping for something a little more darker and grittier. When dark subjects are broached they're quickly whisked away into the background.

Anna is the daughter of an ex-president. An ex-president that had to do some pretty shifty things to cover up some personal transgressions which leads to some pretty powerful enemies. Enemies that want revenge even yea
Katie
Shelves: 5-star
Mercy: A Hitman Romance
By Lindsay Marie Miller
5 stars

This is my third read by this author and again I absolutely loved it. I don’t know why but I love hitmen stories, especially if the hitman is a strong sexy character so this book intrigued me from the very beginning. The blurb pulled me in straight away and I knew I was going to be in for a good read. I think I might have been a little in love with Julian before I even started reading this story.
I think what I enjoyed the most about this stor
Michelle Austin
Title: Mercy: A Hitman Romance
Author:Lindsay Marie Miller

Mercy was a good 4 star read.

Anna is the ex-presidents daughter, when a night out with friends takes a horrible twist, things change for Anna very quickly.

Julian is an assassin that has been hired to kill Anna, however when he sees her he can’t go through with it. He ends up taking Anna to an undisclosed location to keep her safe instead.

Of course Anna can’t help but be a little leary of Julian, is he really trying to keep her safe? Doe
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Whoa. Did not expect Mercy to go where it headed. Mercy is filled with action, secrets, love, and some pretty crazy twists that I didn't see coming. I loved it! As the Ex-President's daughter, Anna doesn't get out much. She finally decides to go out with her best friend to a bar and it isn't long until she's kidnapped. One of the assassin's has a change of heart and now Anna and Julian are on the run. Anna even admits herself in the prologue that she was a child, and bratty. There were times whe ...more
Lucy Berson
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars for Mercy: A Hitman Romance by Lindsay Marie Miller.
I have read a few books by this author and I have loved every single one of them. This book was no different.
Anna is the daughter of an ex president. While in office he had a few problems and that put her in some danger but she has no clue what is in store for her. That is until her and her friend decide to go out to a bar one night. When her friend starts chatting it up with the bartender, Anna spots a cute guy that she is attracte
Ashleigh
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Mercy: A Hitman Romance by Lindsay Marie Miller was a fantastic holiday read. Mercy centers around Anna, the rebelling teenage daughter of an ex-President, and Julian the man who has been paid to kill her. The meet cute that occurred between Julian and Anna, was that of long term lovers, but the secrets that are between them made for a great ride for the reader. What was so great about this book is that both characters seemed so real, seemed to be like people I would know in real life, which mad ...more
Katie Kearney
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mercy: A Hitman Romance by Lindsay Marie Miller is an incredibly written story with tons of mystery, suspense and romance. This book can be read as a standalone story. In the book we meet Anna and Julian. Anna just wanted a night away from studying and the confines of her life, but unfortunately things take a dangerous turn and her life is changed forever. Julian saves Anna and their story begins. This entire book is filled with several twists and turns you don't see coming. The book had me on t ...more
Jacqui Norris
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Anna James, daughter of a former president, goes out for a night with her friend Bridgette she never imagined the turn the night would take. When she see's a handsome stranger across the bar, she takes a risk to approach him. While enjoying the attention of the handsome man, her friend is being dragged away by the bartender. When Anna steps in to help, she finds herself in a dangerous situation. One that could cost her to lose her life.
Julian has one job to do, take out the daughter of a fo
Gail Guerrero
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mercy by Lindsay Marie Miller

Four Stars

Mercy is about a young girl who just wanted one night of fun. One night that turned into a nightmare. Anna is a grown woman but acts very childish. She acts the way most people I suppose would if they’re taken from all they know. But being on the run is always better than being dead. Something Anna just can’t seem to comprehend. Juliana motive wasn’t what I expected. It all seemed a little clique but the author did really well writing this story. It started
Susan Lister
This is the first book by this author and I have to say I enjoyed it. I don't read many romantic suspense books, or at least many of them, so this gave me a nice break from my current reads. This book had all the dynamics you're looking for in these books. There was angst, chemistry, all sorts of tension, and of course the jaw dropping moments you weren't expecting!

So Anna is not your average college student. She is the daughter of a former president and to top it off she's beautiful and smart.
Kristi McChurin
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mercy: A Hitman Romance by Lindsay Marie Miller is a fast pace sexy read. This book is a stand alone and can hold its own too!
Anna is a the sheltered daughter of an ex President and Julian is the man set out to kill her. There is a lot of sexual chemistry between these two characters even though Anna’s experiences are limited. Throughout this story I was either wanting to punch out Julian or rooting for him and Anna. You can’t help but fall in love with these characters.
Ms. Miller does such a g
Felicia  Bates
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mercy: A Hitman Romance, is a dark romantic thriller by Lindsay Marie Miller with even a preface that blew me away. The very first words I read were filled with suspense and intrigue, I knew instantly I was in for a ride.
Mercy was filled with danger and twists I never saw coming and for this I had a hard time putting the book down!
Being just nineteen Anna still had a lot of growing up to do, something I found myself forgetting at times as the book progressed and I became increasingly frustrated
Sunday
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mercy: A Hitman Romance by Lindsay Marie Miller
Four Stars

Mercy: A Hitman Romance by Lindsay Marie Miller is a mystery/suspense romance. This is a stand alone book. This is the third or fourth book I have read by Ms. Miller and I have to say they keep getting better and better. I believe this is my new favorite by Ms. Miller. This adventure takes you on the run with the ex-President’s daughter, Anna and her supposed Hitman Julian. This was packed full of twists and turns that had me on the edge
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Finally Mine (Finally Love, #1)
  • Fire of the Sea
  • Gilded Lily (Gilded Flower, #1)
  • The Photographer Trilogy Box Set (Tainted Series Books 1-3)
  • Gabriel
  • Love and Hate (The Pierce Family Trilogy #1)
  • Learning to Love a Rogue
  • Adrenaline Rush (The Capes, #2)
  • Dynomite
  • Firebird (Firebird Trilogy, #1)
  • Divided Loyalties (Ashwood Falls, #4)
  • Dark Bishop: Pawn (Dark Bishop, #1)
  • Heartache (Heartache #1)
  • In Like a Lion (The Chimera Chronicles #1)
  • The Fragile Line: Part One (The Fragile Line, #1)
  • The Howling Heart
  • Disconnected (Connected #2)
  • Infinite Dolls
Lindsay Marie Miller was born and raised in Tallahassee, Florida, where she graduated from high school as Valedictorian. At sixteen, she started writing her first novel after being inspired by Stephenie Meyer's International Bestselling Twilight Saga.

After graduating Summa Cum Laude from Florida State University, she put her B.A. in English Literature to good use and published her debut novel, Em