Start by marking “My Friends Make Me Happy! (The Giggle Gang, #3)” as Want to Read:
My Friends Make Me Happy! (The Giggle Gang, #3)

My Friends Make Me Happy!

(The Giggle Gang #3)

Can you guess what makes Sheep really happy? Here's a clue . . . it starts with the letter F. It is NOT fish or fans. And it is especially not turnips! That doesn't even start with the letter F!
 Featuring Jan Thomas’s wonderfully wacky humor, rowdy repetitions, and hilarious characters, this book is sure to have young readers laughing out loud!
Published January 16th 2018 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about My Friends Make Me Happy!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Friends Make Me Happy!

Becky
First sentence: Hi, Sheep! Hi, Friends! Can you guess what makes me happy?

Premise/plot: Sheep has asked his friends to guess what makes him happy. The clue? It starts with the letter F. Will Donkey, Dog, and Duck be able to guess?!

My thoughts: I enjoyed this one. I probably enjoyed My Toothbrush is Missing a little bit more. But. This one is still super-fun and a great addition to the Giggle Gang series of early readers by Jan Thomas. I love this gang of friends--always have, always will. And wh
Cat
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious story! Kids (and their parents!) are going to enjoy this book. Sheep meets up with his friends-Donkey, Dog and Duck. He asks them to guess what makes him happy and tells them that
what makes him happy begins with "F." Merriment ensues as they try to guess, and Sheep becomes increasingly frustrated, as the answer is so obvious and his friends so clueless! The illustrations are bold and funny, which may well even make it good for a story time with littles. Fans of Mo Willem will likely e
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Thomas, Jan My Friends Make Me Happy! EARLY READER Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2018. $9.99 Content: G.

Sheep tries to get his friends to guess what makes him happy. He tells them the word starts with an “F” and his friends make silly guesses that make Sheep crazy. In the end, Sheep tells his friends that what makes him happy is his friends (and crazy).

Jan Thomas’ early readers are short and adorable. New readers will enjoy success because the words are basic and the story has a plot and humor.
Rockdog
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jan Thomas continues to be my favorite children’s book author, so I was excited to get early editions of her two new books — “My Toohbrush is Missing” and “My Friends Make Me Happy!” They do not disappoint! Both are part of a new series she’s doing, with a different layout designed for early readers. My Friends Make Me Happy involves an increasing frustrated Sheep, who finally erupts, with the message being the books title. Com\plex at just the right level for young readers, with a hilarious sto ...more
Karla Winick-Ford
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm a preschool teacher, and the children always LOVE Jan Thomas books! As a doctoral student, I LOVE how she incorporates rare words in an engaging manner. LOVED THIS BOOK! Loved how she added turnips to it too! AND, I also love the suggested activities to read, read with, and encourage independent reading at the back for families. Well done, A++
Ames Public Library Youth Services
How did it take Jan Thomas so long to become an Easy to Read author? She is perfect for it! This was a great book for those kids just learning how to read, but it can definitely be appreciated by all.

It's both simple and humorous, which is definitely hard to do. We follow Sheep, as she tries to get her three friends to guess what makes her happy...It starts with an F!

-dmz
Kelly
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, funny, easy-reader
Oh my gosh, I love these readers. They're just so cute and funny. There is a lot of expression going on in the animals' faces for kids to read, too. And in-jokes if you've read her picture books. I think they're great for one-on-one reading; the facial expressions are probably too small to see long distance. But they'd pair well with the This Is Not My Hat series because of the eye movement.
Barbara
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Early Reader books have an awesome addition with the Giggle Gang series by Jan Thomas. My Friends Make Me Happy and My Toothbrush is Missing are 2 perfect examples of hilarious writing for the K-2 crowd. Kids will get the silly humor of these books and the animal characters are worth imitating at the lunch table at school! Enjoy! For beginning readers ages 4 - 7.
Robin Loughlin
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very cute book! The cover just makes you want to pick it up and read it, and you won't be disappointed. It's a short, easy read for new readers of to read to a child. Not only does it make you smile because his friends make him happy. It also practices the letter F sound, and has readers guessing what makes the sheep happy that starts with F!
Amy Oberts
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Laugh-out-loud funny! Young listeners/readers are likely to think of words that follow the beginning consonant sound pattern, and the use of bold illustrations and speech bubbles makes this an effective book to share with a group of students.
Cheriee Weichel
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a delightful series for beginning readers. Sheep's friends might make him happy, but sometimes they also make him crazy. You'll want to read it for yourself to see why. It will appeal to fans of Elephant and Piggie and Fox and Chick.
Mary Librarian
I like these beginning readers because they get the repetition and limited vocabulary that new readers need to feel successful. But, they also tell fun and funny stories that will appeal to the reader.
Melanie
Something makes Sheep really happy. He gives the letter "f" as a clue. His friends guess various words that start with f. Sheep finally gives up and just tells them what makes him happy. Kids will laugh when Sheep states that his friends make him crazy.

A great read for storytime.
L
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: easy-readers
Not the best entry into her early readers series but enjoyable for young readers. Fans will laugh hysterically at Duck's turnip reference to the author's other book.
Crissy
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Too cute and love the drawings. You couldn't help but laugh at the friends as they try to guess the F word of the items that makes sheep happy.
Aleisha
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bold, bright illustrations and darling characters. This one was so very charming!
Tory
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
LNZ
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
My 3 and 5 yo loved this book and they “read” so many words in this funny book. Great story to get little ones starting to read sight words!
Vicki
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love sheep, duck, cow and donkey.
Miss Sarah
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sheep is trying to explain to his friends what starts with the letter f and makes him happy. cute and simple enough for toddlers although I think preschoolers would get it better.
DaNae
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Warm and silly.
Kristin
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was so cute and actually made me laugh out loud! The facial expressions on the animals are so fun!
Gretchen Oates
Sep 29, 2018 rated it liked it
I love the illustrations—the animals are super cute.
Peacegal
Jun 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Young fans of ELEPHANT & PIGGIE will want to check out THE GIGGLE GANG. The humor and layout of the the books are very similar.
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: easy-reader, mpl
Sheep wants to share what makes him happy. His friends guess what makes sheep happy. Fun and funny.

Reviewed from a library copy.
Stacey
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun book about friendship. Will be a laugh out-loud book for the younger ones.
Martha
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: storytime-books
Excellent easy reader. Simple, bold text and bright illustrations give this book an "Elephant & Piggie" feel
Susan
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love this series so much! The Giggle Gang is a wonderful addition to the early reader scene!
Gail
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hysterical as always!
Gabrielle Draxler
Dec 26, 2018 rated it liked it
This could work as a good read aloud. The kids can guess different things that start with the letter F that might make sheep happy. The turnip will be funny too.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Snail & Worm: Three Stories About Two Friends (Snail & Worm, #1)
  • The Good for Nothing Button (Elephant & Piggie Like Reading!, #3)
  • The Itchy Book! (Elephant & Piggie Like Reading!, #5)
  • It's Shoe Time! (Elephant & Piggie Like Reading!, #4)
  • My Kite Is Stuck! And Other Stories (Duck, Duck, Porcupine)
  • We Are Growing! (Elephant & Piggie like reading!, #2)
  • Don't Throw It to Mo!
  • Ballet Cat The Totally Secret Secret (Ballet Cat, #1)
  • The Cookie Fiasco (Elephant & Piggie Like Reading!, #1)
  • What This Story Needs Is a Pig in a Wig
  • Fox & Chick: The Party: and Other Stories
  • Charlie & Mouse (Charlie & Mouse, #1)
  • Nobody's Duck
  • I Really Like Slop! (Elephant & Piggie, #24)
  • Go, Otto, Go!
  • Bear and Squirrel Are Friends . . . Yes, Really!
  • King & Kayla and the Case of the Missing Dog Treats (King & Kayla, #1)
  • Barkus: Book 1
Lives in Socorro, New Mexico.

The Giggle Gang (4 books)
  • What Is Chasing Duck? (The Giggle Gang, #1)
  • There's a Pest in the Garden! (The Giggle Gang, #2)
  • My Toothbrush Is Missing (The Giggle Gang, #4)