Start by marking “Ever the Brave (A Clash of Kingdoms #2)” as Want to Read:
Ever the Brave (A Clash of Kingdoms #2)

Ever the Brave

(Clash of Kingdoms #2)

Ever the Divided. Ever the Feared. Ever the Brave.
After saving King Aodren with her newfound Channeler powers, Britta only wants to live a peaceful life in her childhood home. Unfortunately, saving the King has created a tether between them she cannot sever, no matter how much she'd like to, and now he's insisting on making her a noble lady. And there are those who want to
Published December 5th 2017 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Ever the Brave, please sign up.
Starrisa Hi! The author replied to a similar question, stating,"There are two books planned for Britta and Cohen. Perhaps more for other characters in the…moreHi! The author replied to a similar question, stating,"There are two books planned for Britta and Cohen. Perhaps more for other characters in the series! Thank you for reading." I really hope she plans more books(and more about Britta and Cohen <3)!(less)
Raven Carter Maybe. That would depend on how mature the nine year old is. The first book has some kissing scenes and talks about murder and there is apart where it…moreMaybe. That would depend on how mature the nine year old is. The first book has some kissing scenes and talks about murder and there is apart where it describes a dead body. It is recommended for 7th graders, but again a nine year old could read it depending on how mature they are.(less)

Regan
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
Happy Release Day!! Wooo you guys - this book was SOOOO good. This is a spoiler free review! (Though there will spoilers for book 1)

Omg - this was fantastic. I adored the first book, though I'll admit it was a little slow at times. The world was so pretty and Britta was such a likeable heroine that I didn't even care about the pacing. But this book? FAST. Perfect pacing. Pretty much non-stop. Not to mention SO MANY FEELS that I am still just.. I don't even know..

I can't talk too much about the p
Cait • A Page with a View
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-arcs, ya-fantasy
Release date: December 5, 2017

This book just kept getting better and better as it went! I really enjoyed the first book and thought the world was gorgeous. The slower pacing never bothered me because I loved the medieval feel to everything. This book is a lot faster, though, so I was even more invested.

I don't want to say a ton about the plot because that would probably spoil the first book. Basically, Cohen is off doing his thing, Britta has a connection with someone, and then her evil mother
Joshee Kun (조수아)
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, physical-arc
Loving yourself, and believing you are good and capable, is a journey. —Britta

Ever the Hunted ended with such a teeth-grinding cliffhanger, so it was good that I was able to read the sequel ASAP. And let me tell you, this book was so much better than the first one! I especially loved the second half, which was packed with exciting fighting scenes, meaningful drama, and satisfying revelations.

Ever the Brave follows the perspectives of three characters: Britta, Cohen, and Aodren. Aside from being
Erin
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
After writing a debut book, and seeing it go out into the world, finishing the second book was harder than I thought it would be. But I went with my gut, and tried to tell the truest story I could for these characters. And I feel like it's one of the best books I've ever written.
I know that not everyone will feel the same. And that's all right. I'm just grateful for anyone who will give this series a chance.
I poured my heart into this book, so if you do like it, I would love to hear your COMME
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
It’s definitely a far better book than it’s predecessor. But it did leave something more to be desired, it just felt like there were a lot of things that could have been explored and developed further both in terms of story and characters. And it felt like those things were sacrificed for the sake of dedicating more time to a rather unnecessary love triangle.

That being said I think what saved this book more me is that it was thankfully told from multiple PoV, namely Britta, Cohen and Aodren. I
alice (arctic books)
Wrapped up super nicely but GODDAMN IM SO MAD ABOUT WHO BRITTA CHOSE AT THE END
rachel
My curse has struck again. Another hyped series, another unpopular opinion.

What let this story down was the hyperfocus of the romantic drama. If I had cared more about Britta and her love life, maybe this would not have been so disappointing. But I didn’t care. At all. I wanted more about the politics of the world; seeing these two kingdoms trying to combat systemic discrimination. I was definitely not here for yet another unnecessary love triangle. I was not here for the angst or the repetitiv
Sara Larson
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic novel by Erin Summerill! I've been so lucky to have read many of her works over the years, and to have the privilege of seeing her talent and skill as a storyteller shine through more and more as she's grown as a writer. EVER THE BRAVE is everything you want -- action, swoon-worthy romance, intrigue, and of course her signature writing style that made EVER THE HUNTED so wonderful. This sequel is just the book you've been wanting after finishing the first book. Trust me when I t ...more
Alaina
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A pretty interesting sequel to Ever the Hunted. Now it definitely had it's flaws but the fight between the two kingdom was highly entertaining. It intrigued me enough to want to dive into the third book, whenever that comes out.

Cohen is off doing his own thing for most of the book. Then there's Britta who is developing a stronger connection with someone and then a little bomb was dropped. Not literally, but her mom shows up and things just kind of escalate from bad to worse to really freaking ba
Stacy
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
No spoilers in this review of Ever the Brave! (There will, however, be minor spoilers for Ever the Hunted, the first book in this series.) I liked it! I give it 3.5 stars. It was a fitting conclusion to the Clash of Kingdoms series, although I enjoyed the first book a little more. My favorite part is this series feels like true YA, fit for even young teen readers.

In this installment, Britta and Cohen struggle to help Malam recover from the mistakes made in their former ruler’s regime, especially
Kate (beautifulbookland)
Drinking game: take a shot every time I say "love triangle" in this review. You'll be hammered in no time.

Ever the Brave was such a wonderful surprise to come in the post. You see, I'd been looking forward to the release on 5th December, only to find out that Amazon had messed up (again, Amazon, what you on?) and being told that it actually comes out later in the UK. I was told it came out after Christmas, so it was lovely having this beauty in my hands early.

And it definitely doesn't disappoin
Hollis
This is probably going to be a really shoddy review, and I feel extra bad because this is for an ARC, but I'm honestly just so frustrated by this read that I don't know how to articulate my feelings in anything more than rant form.

Going into EVER THE BRAVE was concerning based on how the plot twisted near the end of book one. I had hoped that Summerill wouldn't introduce a love triangle element but alas.. she did. It was a situation complicated as a result of some of Britta's magic but still. It
Michelle
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
*Note: This is the second book in a series that needs to be read in order. If you are new to the series, you can check out my review of book one, Ever the Hunted HERE*

Ever the Brave is the second book in the young adult fantasy series, Clash of Kingdoms by Erin Summerill. I loved the first book in the series, ever the hunted, and I have to say I really enjoyed Ever the Brave as well! I found the story to be an excell
Crazy4Books
Nov 12, 2017 rated it liked it
In this conclusion to the Ever the Hunted Duology we try to figure out why girls with magical abilities are being taken from their homes. I didnt remember exactly what happened at the end of the first book so Im glad the author recapped some of the important events. The plot was intriguing, but the magic system was kind of disapointing since the main characters dont know much about magic we only get a small amount of information about it. This left the world building lacking but what I did learn ...more
nat. (semi-hiatus)
ok that ending was adorable!

the only downside for me, is the villains. I mean I know their reasons but there’s not enough interactions for me to believe they are legit. I can’t hate them, if I don’t know them.

the rest was crazy good, I even slept late and woke up with a headache. thanks book. 👍🏼

and can we talk about Aodren. I mean as much as I love Cohen, Aodren was such a cinnamon bun. seriously I wanted to squeeze the life out of him with my hugs. <3
Kelsey Downham
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of Ever the Brave in a giveaway before I even read the first book, Ever the Hunted. Ever the Hunted had been on my tbr list for a long time so once I got my hands in this book, I jumped right into the series. I had a heard a lot of good things and, needless to say, I was not disappointed! The story building was fantastic, the writing was great and the characters were flawed and relatable!

From the first page of the book, I was sucked in. Ever the Brave is told from the perspecti
Melanie
Aug 28, 2017 marked it as to-read
ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

1.) Ever the Hunted ★★
Krysti
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Magic, adventure, and romance collide in the captivating second installment in the A Clash of Kingdoms series. With heart-pounding action and swoony romance, this is one book that readers won't be able to put down.

The plot of the story itself is gripping. It picks up perfectly where Ever the Hunted left off and sucks readers in from the very first page. The pacing moves even more quickly than it did in book one and is brilliantly executed. There is a pretty big cliff hanger at the end of book on
Λίνα Θωμάρεη
O EM TZI !!!!

Αυτό το βιβλίο τα είχε όλα και άξιζε...

Τι να πρωτοπώ.. για τις σκηνές δράσης; για τις σκηνές αγωνίας; για τις σκηνές μαγείας; για τις αισθηματικές σκηνές; για τις σκηνές επιβίωσης; για όλα τα παραπάνω?!

5 αστέρια ... και με το σπαθί του !!!

Take Me Away To A Great Read
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, favorites
Ever the Brave by Erin Summerill
(Clash of Kingdoms #2)
Publisher: HMH Books for Young Readers
Release Date: December 5, 2017
Rating: 5 Stars

I would like to thank the publisher for providing me with an advance review copy and finished copy of Ever the Brave for an honest review and quoting purposes.

Ever the Brave is a magical, swoon-worthy, fantasy, adventure that should be on everyone’s shelf. I was in love with Ever the Hunted last year and how this strong girl Britta could manage to hunt and deal
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
“Loving yourself, and believing you are good and capable, is a journey.”

Ever the Brave follows Britta as she earns more about her channerler magic and her past, while trying to understand the newly formed bond with Kind Aodern and her enduring feelings for Cohen, her childhood friend turned more. There’s more magic, more politics, and more characters that create an enjoyable reading experience.

Things I Liked
EVER THE BRAVE was incredible fast paced, so if you had problems with pacing in boo
Lea (drumsofautumn)
Nov 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs-done
Video Review

It's the day after I finished this and I'm still thinking about it and how truly enjoyable I found the second part, so I'm sticking to a 3.5 star rating!

Even though I wasn't the biggest fan of Ever the Hunted, I definitely thought the ending was intriguing and the sequel had a lot of potential, which is why I ultimately choose to continue the series. I gotta be honest, I probably wouldn't have done that if it had more than two books.

As I said, this is definitely a huge improvem
Lindsey Robison
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just reread this again, and MAN. I freaking love Aodren’s character OH SO MUCH.

Cohen is super protective over Britta, which I get, WHATEVER.

But, Aodren INCLUDES her. He KILLS for her. He would gladly DIE for her, and he has weakness and they show throughout the book which I LOVE! Most books don’t portray male characters with flaws, but he has them and he’s not afraid to show that. He is also so much like Britta that I felt their connection and relationship could have been so much stronger th
Bri •Books and Bri•
Welp, that was disappointing. I know I'm of an unpopular opinion here, and I feel like this is similar to my feelings on Three Dark Crowns - everyone is raving about it, and I'm looking around wondering what the big deal is.

I'm going to work on deciphering my feelings and thoughts outside of disappointment and will try to put them into words.

RTC.
Stacie (Shy Book Nerd)
This was so much better than it’s predecessor, Ever the Hunted. While I liked the first book plenty, this one had more insight as to what was actually happening in the story. I also enjoyed reading the dual point of view in this one. The first book did not have that and that’s where I felt it lacking. I think I liked Aodren’s point of view best. I liked Britta more too. She had opened up more and had made some close knit friends. While I did like Britta and Cohen together because they share a de ...more
Sandra (LadyGrey Reads)
review coming soon

(sidenote: I love how awkward these people are at times)
kelly {BookCrushin}
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well that was a journey! I really enjoyed this installment and I'm happy with the ending. I wasn't expecting everything that occurred and some of it made me laugh and some made me sad but overall it was great!
Rissa
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.75⭐
It had second book syndrome.

I still wasnt a fan of all the weird complicated names but the fight against the two kingdoms growing in intensity kept me reading
Lindsey
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favs
I adore this book. Erin Summerill has a way of sucking you in to her world. This book is everything I hoped it would be. the magic system is intricate and interesting. The romance is steamy and you find a way to love everyone. Cohen is by far my personal favorite though. this book will keep you on your toes for sure.
  • Dagger and Coin (Sword and Verse, #2)
  • Endless Water, Starless Sky (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #2)
  • Crystal Blade (Burning Glass, #2)
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Avenged (Ruined, #2)
  • The Crown's Fate (The Crown's Game #2)
  • Coming Up for Air
  • Into the Bright Unknown (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #3)
  • Fury (Menagerie #3)
  • The Rose in the Briar
  • These Rebel Waves (Stream Raiders, #1)
  • The Fall of the Readers (The Forbidden Library, #4)
  • Untitled (Stealing Snow, #2)
  • Dark Breaks the Dawn (Dark Breaks the Dawn Duology #1)
  • Untitled (Guardians of Tarnec, #4)
  • Sea Witch (Sea Witch, #1)
  • Untitled (Heirs of Chrior, #3)
  • Untitled (Starters #3)
Erin Summerill was born in England. After spending years bouncing between Air Force bases in Hawaii, England, and California, her family settled in Utah, where Erin graduated with a B.A. in English from Brigham Young University. She had aspirations to write the next great American novel, but writing proved tougher than she first thought. So she grabbed a Nikon and became a professional photographe ...more

Clash of Kingdoms (3 books)
  • Ever the Hunted (Clash of Kingdoms, #1)
  • Once a King (A Clash of Kingdoms, #3)
“Nobody knows this castle better than me. They can hunt, but they will not find me. Not before I free Britta and Finn. - King Aodren” 1 likes
“Nefarious?" I smirk.
Lirra throws a stick at me, and I suddenly feel like I'm teasing my sister, Imogen. "It's called reading. Try it, you stupid mule."
"I know what the word means."
"Remind me to give you an apple.”
0 likes