Start by marking “Please Don't Go” as Want to Read:
Please Don't Go

Please Don't Go

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  403 Ratings  ·  71 Reviews
Danny Friedman knows all about loss. His father left to start a new family and now that his mother passed away, he's even more certain love is only temporary. People always disappoint him in the end, a lesson he learned years ago when his summer camp best friend and secret crush disappeared without a trace, never to be heard from again. Until now.

Fifteen years ago, Paul M
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 65 pages
Published January 5th 2017 by Felice Stevens

To ask other readers questions about Please Don't Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Please Don't Go

Exina
This story somehow doesn’t fit the line of friends-to-lovers stories in the It Was Always You anthology. Danny and Paul met in a summer camp when they were kids.

We don’t how many summer camps they spent together, but one summer Paul didn’t come back. He disappeared without trace, and Danny – though never stopped hoping he’d see Paul again – never forgave him either.

Then fifteen years later, Paul shows up at Danny’s workplace, as a new employee and immediately wants to reconnect.

I didn’t like
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***2 Stars***

Unfortunately, this friends to lovers/second chance romance didn't really work for me.

Plain and simple, Danny ruined this book for me. I just couldn't understand the death grip on his grudge and hurt feelings about Paul. They were 14 years old the last time they saw each other, and to hold on so strongly to the hurt and anger for 15 years felt so overblown and over exaggerated.
Denise H.
*** Wow, Felice Stevens knows how to portray deep passion in her characters !
Danny and Paul knew each other as kids; went to camp every summer. Paul and his Mom left one night, and Danny never knew what happened.

He had his own problems. Danny has always been left behind, by his runaway dad, his Mom dying of cancer, and of course Paul's disappearance. We love both of these men and hope they can find their heart's connection once again.

Paul has come to work at Danny's office

and Danny fights the
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-unlimited, m-m
This was a little odd to me and I am not sure if I liked it.

Most of it just didn't make much sense and I guess because of the length it was super, super fast.

I always love a sweet HEA though so at least there was that.
Debra
Originally posted at Sinfully.

This isn’t a second chance at love story, but a story of reunited friends who have to overcome their past pain and feelings of loss in order to take their first chance at real love.

I was immediately in love with Danny. His loneliness and lack of self-confidence stemming from the fact that everyone he loved in the past has left him, whether of their own choice or not, was heartbreaking. Fifteen years ago, the only friend he had also left him without a word. That pain
Felice Stevens
Jan 02, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-book
Please Don't Go is now live! It is on KU and only 99 cents. Although originally in the It Was Always You Anthology, this story has been revised with approximately 5,000 words of additional content added.
Leaundra
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the little extra we got in this story. I first read it in the "It Was Always You" Anthology. I loved the story then and wished it could have been a little longer and I got my wish. Once Danny got over his anger at Paul they were super sweet together.
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Originally reviewed as part of:

It Was Always You by Cardeno C.

~2.5~

Childhood friends reunited; Holy Insta Love, Batman; HEA; steam: moderate

I don't mesh well with this author. I find her stories cheesy, full of artificial dialogue and improbable situations. This story was no different. The various editing issues aside, the falling in love in less than a week was just WAY too fast.

One of the MCs, Danny, is angry because Paul left him when they were teenagers. Sorry, but you are not allowed to hold a grudge for 15 years and
נתנאל דמין
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Don't be afraid. I'll always be here to catch you when you fall."...

סקירה מאת: נתנאל דמין
עלילה ודמויות:

דני פרידמן למד בדרך הקשה שאסור לו לסמוך על אף אחד. אביו נטש אותו ואת אמו כשהיה קטן לטובת משפחה אחרת, לא מפורקת.
אימו החולה השאירה אותו לבד בעולם והגבר היחיד שאהב לא עמד בהבטחה שהבטיח כשהיו נערים, להיות תמיד שם בשבילו - לא משנה מה.

פול מרולה יודע שאסור לו להיקשר לשום דבר, לא למקומות ולא לאנשים מכיוון שבחיים הכל זמני. לאחר שברח ביחד עם אימו במשך כל חייו, פול מגלה בפעם הראשונה שהוא לבד, בלי שות
Ula'ndi Hart
Overall book rating: 2.5
Audio Book: N/A
Book Cover: 3

And queue the Instalove.

Wow.. this was fast. Even for a short-read. Liked the idea, could maybe even get into the characters but I didn’t love it.

Maybe if they had a week or two before they fell head over heels after a fifteen year separation but it just didn’t ring true to me.
Natalie
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
Edit: I only read this in the anthology, which is no longer available, so I reviewed the individual stories. This was added to and expanded, so perhaps there more I would have liked but if the premise is the same, it's still not going to work for me.

This one was a disappointment for me. It's a second chance trope but it was done in a way that I really dislike. Two boys, one 14, one 16, spend two summers together at camp. One disappears after and they meet again 15 years later. How can someone ho
Tracy Perry
Awww... So good! I've read this last year in the It Was Always You Anthology & loved it. Read for the 2nd time just then with extended version was even better ;) I enjoyed from 1st page & got hooked. Loved the characters right away too. I cried & I swooned & wanted to kick but a time or two,but it was all good :) A Must Read!
Zane Kage
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5
Re-released wth added content, Danny and Paul are even sweeter this time around. Love them!
Sue bowdley
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've not read any books by this author but i'm gonna look some up...This was a sweet read.....Two men getting together after 15 years apart and when Danny found out why Paul had left he just opened his self up to his true love x
Lisa Cullinan
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-read
How heart-wrenching it is to see the aftermath of damage caused by a miserable, lonely past. Danny and Paul, each with their own personal hell, meet up after not seeing one another for fifteen years. Danny's past was difficult to read—I just wanted to be his mom and never stop hugging him. It was so hard for him to trust or believe that anyone in his life might actually have good intentions. Everyone always left him. As a kid, Danny thought Paul hung the moon; seeing him now, after all these yea ...more
Shannon

This story really tugged at my heartstrings when I first read it as part of the It Was Always You anthology. With this version Felice Stevens has expanded it, adding some additional scenes and details that give us a little glimpse into Danny and Paul's friendship from childhood. I liked that she added to this story- it showed Danny's vulnerability as a teen, and why it hurt him so much to lose all contact with Paul.

Please Don't Go is a sweet, heartwarming yet heartwrenching, story. Both of these
K Cherry
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not bad, but not good.

I only felt apathy when I read this book. There was nothing to draw me into this story. The characters flat, and frankly, Danny was to depressing and boring to keep my interest. Not sure how this was supposed to be a second chance, when there wasn't even a first chance.
Jay
Jan 05, 2017 marked it as read-2017
No rating, because this story is too short to be very well developed as a romance. It's a quick read featuring a couple of guys who collected some baggage during the fifteen years after being summer-camp besties. Well written and good for what it is.
Lucia
Shelves: m-m
Read in the "It Was Always You" anthology
*~*~*Hyperion & Interabang*~*~*
This book was all kinds of "not working for me". I'll be jotting down some thoughts but in the meantime, feel free to read my updates ... they explain quite a bit as well, I believe.
Jessica
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. These two are just the sweetest ❤
Lelyana
When everyone in your life always left, will you believe the one who’s came back will never leave again? Will you believe the one who’s leaving you, disappeared for fifteen years, then said that he wanted you, will never leave you again? In my case, NOT.

And Danny. Disappointed for Paul’s sudden vanished, his only love, his only dream, his first crush, and meet gain in the same office, confused him. Questioning Paul’s motives for approached him after he left. Good thing is, this is a short story
Marcia
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Felice Stevens has delivered yet another heartwarming story that tugs on your heart strings!! I enjoyed every single minute of this emotional story about Danny Friedman and Paul Merola, two young friends who lost contact with each other through no fault of their own, but who each experienced some extremely painful times during that period of separation. However, their reconnection was like two puzzle pieces being snapped together after having searched through the entire pile of pieces to find th ...more
Kimberley Spinney
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This may have been a novella, but it certainly packed a punch. There was heartache, romance and just enough drama (whether past or present) to keep me reading until the very end. I wanted to see what happened with these two men with a past. Even with everything these two men had to deal with in their lives, it was clear that they were perfect for each other and theirs was a relationship worth fighting for. I love anything Felice Stevens writes and this was certainly no exception.
DTM
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhh Ms. Stevens...This was a short, but complete novella. Loaded with the feels I love from Ms. Stevens...It's a story of first love that you can't quite forget or let go...it's always there in the back of your mind...I loved it...It's amazing how a short story can take you through such a gamut of emotions (credit to Ms. Stevens' writing)..it was angsty, sweet, schmexy and completely satisfying...You will find yourself with a huge smile on your face when you finish this book!!!
Deanna Wiley
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is such a sweet heart melting fast read. I love Danny and Paul's story. Both had a hard childhood. But after 15 years apart, they now work together. These 2 are still perfect together, even after all the heartache and loss they have experienced.
I recommend everyone go get this book, you won't be sorry I promise
Simone
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-reads
Ashley Lovestoread
Sweet

Such a sweet story. I would recommend this book to others. This book can be read as a standalone .
Klaudia
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Danny’s life is full of disappointments - his father left, his mother passed away and the only one friend he’s ever had - Paul, disappeared. He has a hard time trusting people and believing their good intentions. Paul’s life wasn’t easy - leaving everything behind to escape his abusive father and never being able to make friendship that lasted. Except for Danny - he could never forget his friend from summer camps. When his job transfers him to office in NYC, he has a chance to rebuild his connec ...more
Felice Stevens has always been a romantic at heart. She believes that while life is tough, there is always a happy ending just around the corner. Her characters have to work for it, however. Like life in NYC, nothing comes easy and that includes love.

She lives in New York City with her husband and two children. Her day begins with a lot of caffeine and ends with a glass (or two) of red wine. She’s
“He wanted to be wanted, not simply be a body used as a means to an end.” 0 likes
“Do you ever wonder sometimes why you were even born? Like what’s the point?” 0 likes