Start by marking “The Escape” as Want to Read:
The Escape

The Escape

All he wanted was a quiet drink…

It’s spring, 1323 AD, and John Little, notorious outlaw, seeks to forget his troubles in a Barnsley alehouse. He didn’t count on the place being packed to the rafters with drunk, belligerent, Scottish mercenaries though.
The locals all respect – even fear John – but the strangers from the north only see in him the chance to claim a great boun
Kindle Edition
Published April 3rd 2017 by Broadsword Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Escape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Escape

Khurram
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great short story allowing Little John to take center stage. Little John has been my favorite character in The Forest lord series. This book take place in-between book 2 and 3 of the series.

After Robin's victory in the last book The outlaws have had a little time to relax, and enjoy themselves, however Little John is probably the easiest to spot of the outlaws, and attracts some unwanted attention. John right from his name is known for his size, but this book allow him to display his skills,
David Baird
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So this is a super short fun tale that fits in with McKay’s Forest Lord Series. It slots in nicely between books 2 & 3 so I’d advise not reading this until you’ve finished book 2 at least.

McKay’s Forest Lord series mainly focuses around Robin Hood as you’d expect so this short is a good chance to shine light on Little John.

It’s a short tale at 19 pages but does offer an action packed little tale to read. The plot is really good and it was a really nice change of focus Robin not being involve
Paul Bennett
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
A delightful short featuring John Little or Little John as he is more famously known as. A night out with friends, lots of ale and food, and a group of mean looking mercenaries bent on mayhem. A pleasant night goes awry but have the mercenaries taken on more than they can handle? An imaginative bit of writing at the end had me thinking, "clever, Mr. McKay, very clever indeed."

Gordon
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What can I say, Steven, I know there is one more novella to come but I kind of miss Robin Hood and the team already? I enjoyed this very much and a great diversion while we wait for the last book, what I love about the books especially the novella is they give a story to all the characters that the life of Robin Hood, I look forward to the new books you are writing and I look forward to hearing the Forest Lord series on audio.
David Humphrey
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Brutal violence and black humour - the perfect combination for another great short story by Mr McKay
Leandro Cordobez
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Un relato corto para poner un poco más de historia sobre el secundario más querido. El final (dadas las circunstancias anteriores) es un poco raro, pero saca una sonrisa
Kevin Gardner
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Brilliant addition to the Robin hood series which Mr mckay has created. This is a very short story and I mean short, you can read it in about twenty minutes, but it is very good. Recommended.
Elizabeth Farthing
Apr 22, 2017
JR
Jan 01, 2019
Steven McKay
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Bobby
Dec 12, 2018
I was born in 1977, near Glasgow in Scotland and live in Old Kilpatrick with my wife and two young children. After obtaining my Bachelor of Arts degree I decided to follow my life-long ambition and write a novel. The Forest Lord series now has four novels, and various short spin-off tales.

My new book "The Druid" is the first in the Warrior Druid of Britain series. Next I will be finishing off my s